• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it time. On PC I'm experiencing a lot more team work in Competitive, never heard so much voice communication either.

Even if they are not using a mic they seem to be more jovial in my experience or at the very least have called out, through chat, some sort of play.

60 is quite good. 5-5 would be average and land you near 50.

Oh? That's exciting to hear.

Time to go for that sweet sultry gold.

The matchmaking on competitive is awful beyond repair. I've played like 10 matches both with friends and solo queuing, and lost all.

I was ranked 51 and now I'm in the low 40s. I thought this was a git gud type of thing but the one sided matches that I'm constantly being put is frustrating and I don't think is just about my skill level at this point.

Might take a break until this is fixed.

I've played so much Mercy recently 'cause of competitive. My win rate still hovers around +50%. It's very depressing. I don't feel she gets enough points on wins compared to DPS. I seem to advance more with a win as 76 (or whatever DPS) than Mercy even though she's way more important. The drop is greater too.

I'd really like to find out how it calculates skill or contribution for her compared to Lucio or a DPS. I wonder if you get penalized for things such as OBJ time, K:D, and other things she doesn't score well in as well as how defensive assists or resses are factored into it.

You should also get a bonus for resses that come right before a win ('cause that Mercy res is the reason the match was won).

Instead of my competitive rank i had a gold symbol on a white background, anyone know what that means?

You're bugged.

Why can't players who apparently only play Hanzo actually be good with him? 9 times out of 10, someone only picks Hanzo every round and never switches when they can't get anything done.

Heel

Finally can check updated stats now that the PS4 patch is live, and get some validation that my Winston has turned a serious corner:

Really average total stats -

QbSFvn2.png

After hours of learning, my last 10 games (trend arrows are incorrect) -

3i8WjF0.png

bx7j0n4.png

R0ckman

Yeah placement with randoms screwed me as I had to play healer mostly, now 38 which basically means no one is trying, no communication, no team work no nothing.

There seems to be more trolls in ranked matches.

I just had a healer, that just moved around, doing nothing. Looking around, moving around the same spot so he wont be afk...
But doing nothing at all...

Nazo

Super happy about the patch coming out for PS4 but I did notice one weird bug with the game and that when you check the menu that shows your stats in game (the one you hold the touchpad down to see) they've seemed to have fucked up the font size of player names, because they're really tiny now, I can barely read my own name. When you get an ult the little blue check mark clips into it a little bit too. Just a small oversight, nothing too important. Hope they're aware of it though and can address it.

Permanently A

Why can't players who apparently only play Hanzo actually be good with him? 9 times out of 10, someone only picks Hanzo every round and never switches when they can't get anything done.

The amount of Hanzos I've seen that don't even know how to one shot with the scatter arrow is nothing short of ludicrous.

Gator86

First comp game was fucking amazing. My team was stellar, well composed, and we dominated. Got my hype about Overwatch again.

Second game? Same cowardly, impotent trash as always. All hype immediately gone.

JackEtc

So on PS4 with the new update, can you not invite people who aren't playing the game from the in-game friends list any more? I could've swore you used to be able to. That kinda sucks

cHinzo

10ec437708.jpg

Fak, rip the 10-0 placement dream. Played my last 4 placement games today and it went really well. Won the games on Hanamura, Lijiang Tower and Volskaya Industries, before losing my last game on Hanamura. Both teams played all 6 rounds going evenly and we sadly got the short end of the stick during the Sudden Death, needing to attack and take the site in 2 minutes. ;__; Was a really close final game though and I'm happy with my placement.

8e0c765363.png

Got rank 64 after placements. :D Was expecting to land around rank 50, until we played rank 60~70 people during the placement games at the end lol. Top 2%, aww yiss!

All three legendarily costumes I got are for my three least used characters. Two came in one loot chest. The game is messing with me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom