• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I went 4-6 and got 49. Im alright with that, i expected a lot worse. I solo queued it all, for better or worse.

Does 49 put me in a group that will play reasonably or am i screwed with triple hanzos?
That should be fine. On PC at 46-48, I have stomps, reverse stomps, and even games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamn I am such a boring tryhard in rank. Kept playing soldier 76 if things don't turn out right and more often than not things turn out right afterwards.

CoLaN

The game can be so fun, but also so incredibly frustrating thanks to some design choices.

I feel like most players will end up leaving or take very long breaks because of how painfully stressful some matches can be.

Jokab

Played my first sudden death on a payload map with an initial control point, and to my utter surprise the attacking team only has to take the first control point, which on all these maps is incredibly easy.

A much better solution is having the randomly selected attacking team play a full map and forcing them to finish it, else they lose. The way it is now is simply a coin flip.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I did my 10 Placement matches
All solo, no group

9 games were Payload, went 6-3
1 KOTH, 0-1

Got POTG 3 of the 10 games, 7 cards out of the 10 games

My new Competitive Rank is...

qlKV8dNl.jpg

Not bad
I was grouped against 56-66 Ranked players

Was hoping for 60, hopefully I'll get there

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does anyone know if you get more points for a win the lower your ranking or not?
You'll get more points if your team average is lower than the opponents team. Don't think you get any extra points by getting a low placement and facing off against an equally matched team.

Antiwhippy

Ugh the idle kickoff is such fucking bullshit, but especially in rank. Can't even go take a piss for awhile, and it's not even like it matters because the game isn't going to find replacements.

Ugh the idle kickoff is such fucking bullshit, but especially in rank. Can't even go take a piss for awhile, and it's not even like it matters because the game isn't going to find replacements.

What the fuck, man. I'm glad the idle kickoff works well. You seriously shouldn't go afk in the middle of a match.

6-1 in my placement matches so far. Seems like people are trying harder to win, which is nice. I really like the point based system as well.

Ran into a lot of quitters as well, unfortunately.

Antiwhippy

What the fuck, man. I'm glad the idle kickoff works well. You seriously shouldn't go afk in the middle of a match.

Not even for like a minute?

Is it better than having 1 person down for the whole match or the just few seconds? Or for me to piss my pants? Do you know how long ranks are?

And as I've said, does it fucking matter when the game isn't going to find you replacements?

Animator

Losing like 3 levels in a row is fucking bullshit. I can't play ranked with most of my friends because they are not good at coordinating and I went from 54 to 47 today and recovered back to 50 after finding a good team while playing solo afterwards. :(

maomaoIYP

Finished placement on ps4. 6-4, 52. Now I never want to play the mode again. Matches last way too long, and stupidity is still plenty abundant.

Is it better than having 1 person down for the whole match or the just few seconds? Or for me to piss my pants?

And as I've said, does it fucking matter when the game isn't going to find you replacements?

A minute is a lot of time, and if you're afk you don't really deserve any credit. Come on, man, you're not five years old. Is your bladder that bad? You can't piss before or after a match?

Blizz just needs to overlook how finding replacements works.

Antiwhippy

A minute is a lot of time, and if you're afk you don't really deserve any credit. Come on, man, you're not five years old. Is your bladder that bad? You can't piss before or after a match?

Blizz just needs to overlook how finding replacements works.

If there are replacements I'm fine with it, but there's none soooooo.

Blizzard

Banned

Is it better than having 1 person down for the whole match or the just few seconds? Or for me to piss my pants? Do you know how long ranks are?

Unless there's a medical condition (in which case I apologize), I could understand needing to pee during a 2-hour movie...but not during an Overwatch match which runs 10-20 minutes. Just pee first.

Now if you disconnect during setup and reconnect before the match starts, I agree that's BS and needs fixed.

Antiwhippy

As I've said though, like, between the choice of someone being gone momentarily and have the chance to regroup after not even that long, or have the match essentially forfeited, which would you choose?

As I've said, if the system allows for replacements, I'd understand better, but as it is it makes no sense.

Fugu

Nothing quite as frustrating as winning three games without a rank up and then having all of your progress erased by a single loss as the underdog on king of the hill.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
First game after Placement, I think Competitive is my scene...

WB5Ut46l.jpg

AS2mSYll.jpg

Rank 59.5, 0.5 away from my goal at least lol

If there are replacements I'm fine with it, but there's none soooooo.

I'm honestly baffled that you don't understand why we disagree with you. The argument "they're not going to get a replacement anyway" is so stupid.

And what if you have other people with you? Not everyone lives alone.

I don't know what this has to do with anything, but if you're playing the game, then you're devoting yourself to playing the damn game.

terrible

Banned
It's interesting playing competitive mode. People are actually giving out suggestions rather than just calling their teammates trash when a round isn't going well. Maybe I'm just having good luck.

Just finished my placement games. 5-5, I played almost exclusively Roadhog and averaged 27 kills and 7 deaths per round. It gave me rank 50, I don't really know how the ranking works, but I assume that's fair.

Coming back to this game Roadhog is all I want to play. Dude is so damn good, and the most fun character IMO.

Blizzard

Banned
Just finished my placement games. 5-5, I played almost exclusively Roadhog and averaged 27 kills and 7 deaths per round. It gave me rank 50, I don't really know how the ranking works, but I assume that's fair.

Coming back to this game Roadhog is all I want to play. Dude is so damn good, and the most fun character IMO.
If they finally fix the hook bug(s), I look forward to playing him more.

It would be nice if Genji stopped sliding when flashbang'd too.

Antiwhippy

I'm honestly baffled that you don't understand why we disagree with you. The argument "they're not going to get a replacement anyway" is so stupid.

I don't know what this has to do with anything, but if you're playing the game, then you're devoting yourself to playing the damn game.

You're talking about 100% ideal situations. Doesn't work out that way in life sometimes.

And yes I agree, it would be nice if I didn't have to go afk. But I'm talking about the moments where people sometimes have to. Not even for a long time. People here have talked about having to tend to their babies for a short time and the game still kicked them out. Should we devote ourselves 100% to a game where there are other things that probably should take priority over it?

And how is the argument stupid? Answer this, yes no, nothing else. Do you want to momentarily lose some momentum? Or the whole game? Yes, in the ideal world this shouldn't happen, but tell me how this is a hard thing to rationalise.

Blizzard

Banned
You're talking about 100% ideal situations. Doesn't work out that way in life sometimes.

And yes I agree, it would be nice if I didn't have to go afk. But I'm talking about the moments where people sometimes have to. Not even for a long time. People here have talked about having to tend to their babies for a short time and the game still kicked them out. Should we devote ourselves 100% to a game where there are other things that probably should take priority over it?

And how is the argument stupid? Answer this, yes no, nothing else. Do you want to momentarily lose some momentum? Or the whole game? Yes, in the ideal world this shouldn't happen, but tell me how this is a hard thing to rationalise.
You started by using "I need to pee in a 20-minute game" as a justification, and have now moved to tending to babies when an objection was raised. Why not start with babies, if that's a more significant concern?

Hook bug(s)?
For me, Junkrat can end up way off to one side when hooked. Lucio/Tracer can end up totally behind you. Some other characters can end up 6 feet in front of you so you miss the full shotgun blast.

Antiwhippy

Well because it applies to all sorts of situation. My pee thing was a lack in judgement in hindsight, but really, how is it not applicable to anything else? We make mistakes. Sometimes you get sucked into the game and try to put other concerns out of mind until you have to deal with it. We're only human.

If blizzard aren't going to replace afk players in ranked, how is it any different for someone who has to pee or look after someone momentarily?

Mendrox

What the hell man? Just piss before matches and tell people that live with you to let you alone. Yes - devote yourself especially in ranked. I left League of Legends because of dick moves like this.

Well because it applies to all sorts of situation. My pee thing was a lack in judgement in hindsight, but really, how is it not applicable to anything else? We make mistakes. Sometimes you get sucked into the game and try to put other concerns out of mind until you have to deal with it. We're only human.

If blizzard aren't going to replace afk players in ranked, how is it any different for someone who has to pee or look after someone momentarily?

Play Quick Match if you cannot 100% guarantee being avaiable. This makes me angry.

Zemm

Maybe it's a EU thing where everyone speaks different languages but no one talks in this game even in competitive. In total out of like 500 games I think I've had 3 or so games where random people have talked. In TF2 everyone talked so I just dunno. Does make the game more boring since it feels like you're playing with bots when you play solo.

fhqwhgads

How's the character usage rates on comp mode for everyone? Is it the same style as quick play or different? Gotta know if i'll be the only zen player in existance in comp.

R0ckman

What the hell man? Just piss before matches and tell people that live with you to let you alone. Yes - devote yourself especially in ranked. I left League of Legends because of dick moves like this.

Play Quick Match if you cannot 100% guarantee being avaiable. This makes me angry.

Lol, with how botched ranked is I literally can't take it seriously.

I ran into a weird problem. The game was running perfectly for a while yesterday, but I started to run into weird issues. The FPS tanked and generally ran very choppy, and the characters weren't showing up. including my own model. After exiting out, my models have been showing up, but the performance is still terrible. 23 fps and everything is moving a half step delayed, including the menus. It's pretty unplayable now.

Anyone have an idea whats going on?

Antiwhippy

And you've never made a mistake in your life? Please.

I'm not saying that what i did was right, I'm saying that with the current system if someone make a similar mistake it makes no sense to punish the team for the whole match. Especially when it doesn't try to correct the disadvantage.

Like people seem under the impression that i think what i did was right. No i don't. I'm just looking at the situation and trying to rationalize why the system is the way it is, and to me it just makes no sense? Think about it from that angle.

I think you're taking this thing too seriously, ranked or not it's still a game. Ok you can get angry because someone "ruined" your game, but who tells you that the reason they go afk isn't important or unpredictable? Come on...There are more important things.

Walpurgis

Banned
Maybe it's a EU thing where everyone speaks different languages but no one talks in this game even in competitive. In total out of like 500 games I think I've had 3 or so games where random people have talked. In TF2 everyone talked so I just dunno. Does make the game more boring since it feels like you're playing with bots when you play solo.
In my second competitive match on PS4, two guys on my team were lamenting the fact that no one uses their mic. A few minutes into the match, one guy tells the other guy to switch to a certain character. The other guy gets offended and the two get into a huge yelling contest. I don't remember the specifics but one line stood out to me. "You should have just asked me nicely....... Bitch!" 😂 The two became so loud and hurt my ears that I ripped off my earphones, took 30 seconds (while praying to not me kicked) to find the mute menu (so cumbersome... Blizz needs to fix it) and muted everyone with a mic. The less people that use a mic, the better, imo. :p

Btw, we got stomped that match and I have never seen people talk that way in Quick Play.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder if they will allow you to ban a few maps in competitive before you search, would be nice

Rad-

Console players have really started copying pro comps. I swear most of my last 10 competitive games on PS4 have been against a team comp of double Winston, Lucio, Soldier, Pharah and then whatever last spot, usually Mercy or Reaper.

Fugu

Currently matched against not one, but two groups as solo queue. Why would it not put a group on my team? We're even the underdog for extra icing.

Zemm

Currently matched against not one, but two groups as solo queue. Why would it not put a group on my team? We're even the underdog for extra icing.

Seen this happen way too much especially with streamers who are at the higher end of the ranking.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ive been watching a few high level groups and they get matched with groups 20 levels below them because no-one is in their elo, they obviously stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom