• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash3584

I'm feeling like I'm getting worse at this game, and as such feeling my addiction slipping away. I'm not sure what's up, but my assumption is I've hit my skill-ceiling sometime ago while most other players are just more skilled and are only improving.

I think it's a normal thing to happen, I was incredibly shitty for like 2 days and suddenly yesterday I won all the games I played.

Probably the matchmaking took pity on me.

Nharox

Neo Member
I almost have enough currency to buy two legendary skins, yay! But I can't decide which one to get for Junkrat. Fool or Hayseed? I love how the scarecrow head reminds me of Rayman, haha.

I'm feeling like I'm getting worse at this game, and as such feeling my addiction slipping away. I'm not sure what's up, but my assumption is I've hit my skill-ceiling sometime ago while most other players are just more skilled and are only improving.

I think the game does such a job in making you feel good at in you first match that by the time your level 50 you feel you've actually improved very little.
Although im sure you have. I also think that Overwatch is as much a situational game as it is about reflexes so the more you play im sure you'll get better.

Fjordson

Valkyrie Mercy and El Blanco Reaper within like four level up boxes. Holy shit!

Not playing Reaper much right now, but Mercy is pretty much go-to. Hype.

TheYanger

Yup! That was me! And fair nuf. You didn't talk any salt, but you were the only one on your team to talk at all. We played a round on Lijiang Tower an hourish ago. You played a pretty good d.va, but your lucio stole the show.

An hour ago....Might not've been me? or idk. I don't remember playing D.va tonight. I played a LOT of Soldier.

Edit: wow yeah, fuck today. first day I've had a negative W:L ratio for the day.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/TheYanger-1685

That's what happens when instead of queueing with your normal group you queue with half of them and their 'friends' I guess. Fucking sucks dick. Your friend sucks, stop inviting them, tell them you'll play Hello Kitty with them later. I wouldn't care except that as a 6 stack it's NOT POSSIBLE to queue against people that aren't also organized, and if you're half total shit you're fucked.

EDIT EDIT: Holy shit, just went to the bathroom and thought about it more, I can't get over it. Like, I'm not going to tell you how to play the game, but if you're going to impose yourself on our group because you're 'friends' with someone, have some decency. If we say "Maybe assault Symmetra isn't the best choice here" don't go "OH ITS FINE IM DOING FINE", that's our polite way of saying "YOURE NOT DOING ANYTHING FUCKING SWITCH PLEASE" - Get that you're not going to get yelled at repeatedly because you're not some random person, but you're going to draw a lot of silent resentment. Like, it's one thing when we're playing and the other team is just playing and we can have a fun comp, btu when they storm out the gate with Reinhardt, Winston, Widow, McCree, Mercy, Lucio, PLEAES PLAY A REAL CHARACTER.
/rant over.

R0ckman

I've gotten a lot of friends from being decent at the game through random games, pretty cool people but they seem to group up only to do the same thing as in random matches. I've only once had a group session where we actually fully coordinated. We've played a lot, and won a lot, and sometimes people are still not getting on the point or the payload, and I mean collectively as a group.

Besides exp why are people grouping if they dont want to make strategies?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I almost have enough currency to buy two legendary skins, yay! But I can't decide which one to get for Junkrat. Fool or Hayseed? I love how the scarecrow head reminds me of Rayman, haha.

Am I the only one who completely hates on jester junkrat?

Hayseed is dope though.

KrawlMan

My addiction isn't quite slipping away, but I'm definitely feeling pretty lousy at the game recently. Feeling like I'm playing well, but then getting absolutely wrecked over and over by somebody else. :/

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
blizzard plz delete mcree

Widowmaker first.

Honestly, Widowmaker is removing a lot of the fun I have with this game. The most fun games are the ones where I'm not getting one shot every other second and those games are VERY rare on PC.

R0ckman

My addiction isn't quite slipping away, but I'm definitely feeling pretty lousy at the game recently. Feeling like I'm playing well, but then getting absolutely wrecked over and over by somebody else. :/

It could be situaltional, I fought a Tracer that I thought was pretty crummy, but they started kicking my ass, because as I was losing confidence in my team I became nervous. It effects my performance, if I can't trust my team I wont make certain choices like moving around the map to confuse people, because I figure my team is either dead, dying or simply not prioritizing in the battle, so I get so afraid of being double teamed I can't fight 1 vs 1 without getting nervous. And my aim goes off.

Seijuro

What's the timer to get kicked for inactivity? I was playing right now, postman rung the doorbell, I rush to the door, rip the package out of his hand, run back to the couch and stare at the title screen with the notice saying I was kicked for inactivity. seems a little strict.

KyleCross

What's the timer to get kicked for inactivity? I was playing right now, postman rung the doorbell, I rush to the door, rip the package out of his hand, run back to the couch and stare at the title screen with the notice saying I was kicked for inactivity. seems a little strict.

It is strict, I think it's like 60 seconds. I always gotta rush to take a leak... even tho the bathroom is literally right next to my bedroom.
I think we can all agree that Zarya's goth costumes is the worst.
Oh, absolutely. I wasn't even saying Scarecrow is as bad as them, cause it's not.

PatjuhR

Maybe, but it's also very frustrating having a teammate just standing around.

Polarburr

This game must be really hard. I mean obviously when everyone is dying horribly and we can't push the payload past the first point and the healer says "Group up with me!" there are just some extremely complex barriers that prevent people going near where the healer is and pushing as a unit.

I use Mercy a lot and spam the group up with me command. But I'm not really trying to say group with ME. I'm just saying group up together. Hahaha!

I'm not very good as Tracer but its kinda hard to practice to get good at her in the way I imagine she should be played (hit and run, flanking etc?) if you are in a pug that is all leroy jenkins. in a team of friends its a helluva lot easier, and you have a laugh/fun rather than roll your eyes at how bad its going.

An hour ago....Might not've been me? or idk. I don't remember playing D.va tonight. I played a LOT of Soldier.

Edit: wow yeah, fuck today. first day I've had a negative W:L ratio for the day.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/TheYanger-1685

That's what happens when instead of queueing with your normal group you queue with half of them and their 'friends' I guess. Fucking sucks dick. Your friend sucks, stop inviting them, tell them you'll play Hello Kitty with them later. I wouldn't care except that as a 6 stack it's NOT POSSIBLE to queue against people that aren't also organized, and if you're half total shit you're fucked.

EDIT EDIT: Holy shit, just went to the bathroom and thought about it more, I can't get over it. Like, I'm not going to tell you how to play the game, but if you're going to impose yourself on our group because you're 'friends' with someone, have some decency. If we say "Maybe assault Symmetra isn't the best choice here" don't go "OH ITS FINE IM DOING FINE", that's our polite way of saying "YOURE NOT DOING ANYTHING FUCKING SWITCH PLEASE" - Get that you're not going to get yelled at repeatedly because you're not some random person, but you're going to draw a lot of silent resentment. Like, it's one thing when we're playing and the other team is just playing and we can have a fun comp, btu when they storm out the gate with Reinhardt, Winston, Widow, McCree, Mercy, Lucio, PLEAES PLAY A REAL CHARACTER.
/rant over.

Maybe I misremembered what you were playing but there can't be many TheYanger's.

R0ckman

I'm not very good as Tracer but its kinda hard to practice to get good at her in the way I imagine she should be played (hit and run, flanking etc?) if you are in a pug that is all leroy jenkins. in a team of friends its a helluva lot easier, and you have a laugh/fun rather than roll your eyes at how bad its going.

Yeah, Tracer shines when your team is controlling the battle.

Ketch

/rant over.

Almost had pretty much the exact same thing happen to me. Enemy team is 5 torbs on vokskya, so i switch from winston to rein hardt I get 1, ONE, soldier standing behind my shield to take out turrets. We get the first point, and then they go 3 torbs rein bastion on the last point and still I have nobody standing behind me shooting throught he shield. my party members are mercy widow pharah and nobody stands behind me and to shoot stuff, and I say at the end of the game why wasn't anybody shooting through the shield and he says pharah ult doesn't work on the ground.

Like what?
facepalm.gif

Do you feel you are caring as much when you do play? I find that I jump in-and-out of interest and my general ability is dictated by this. When I stop caring things go to pot.

Almost had pretty much the exact same thing happen to me. Enemy team is 5 torbs on vokskya, so i switch from winston to rein hardt I get 1, ONE, soldier standing behind my shield to take out turrets. We get the first point, and then they go 3 torbs rein bastion on the last point and still I have nobody standing behind me shooting throught he shield. my party members are mercy widow pharah and nobody stands behind me and to shoot stuff, and I say at the end of the game why wasn't anybody shooting through the shield and he says pharah ult doesn't work on the ground.

Like what?
facepalm.gif

You never know when that ult charge will fill. Gotta be ready.

I'm playing as Zenyetta, it's overtime, we're a few seconds away from capturing the payload last night and I hear a Junkrat on the other team rev up his riptire. See it barrel around a corner and straight towards our team so I hit Ultimate. EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY. I thought great, we've survived and we'll win. Except everyone by the payload - there were four other players - just watched the tire screeching around our team. My Ultimate expires, Junkrat then slams the tire into our team, we all die. We lose the game.

Sigh.

Why do people still not know to shoot the tire?

I really enjoy the 1500 point exp bonus you get for getting your first win of the day each day. I jump on for at least a few games a day anyway, and it's just a lovely bonus.

Bittercup

That's curious and I had a similar experience.
For a while it felt like I was making progress and was getting more comfortable the more I played and I never felt like I was dragging the team down since everyone was on a relatively comparable level. And then suddenly I was having a hard time getting anything right in the game.
I still enjoy the game a lot and play a lot and there are still matches that seem fine but right now most of the time I usually feel like I'm the weakest player in the match. Except when I pick heroes I'm very comfortable with, but then I'll never learn getting better with others.

Blues1990

Then I'm a fool and love it. His Scarecrow outfit is horrid in my opinion, up there with Zarya's goth costumes.

I don't care too much about Junkrat's scarecrow costume either, but medieval courtroom jesters are the worse. I think I can blame my hatred for that on a particular cartoon rabbit in easily one of the more annoying sequences in a theatrical cartoon:

ya7rXkp.gif

Genryu

Banned
I don't care too much about Junkrat's scarecrow costume either, but medieval courtroom jesters are the worse. I think I can blame my hatred for that on a particular cartoon rabbit in easily one of the more annoying sequences in a theatrical cartoon:

ya7rXkp.gif

If you're hating the costume, it's working.

My regular group was all asleep/something, ran with a new 5 man, then 4 man, then 3 man, had a lotta fun, and we barely even comm'd o_O

Maybe I need to run with this new group :p

after they all left, unboxed mei's firefighter skin (so good), and jumped into the brawl. Dude if blizz tweaks the random heros brawl I could see a LOTTA people playing that as a regular mode. So much fun, unless it snowballs one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom