• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxgt

Banned
Widowmaker first.

Honestly, Widowmaker is removing a lot of the fun I have with this game. The most fun games are the ones where I'm not getting one shot every other second and those games are VERY rare on PC.

I love switching to Winston temporarily if they have a Widow. Flank around and just fuck their shit up over and over until they switch.

Sadly if the teammates catch on you'll have a bad day, but this doesn't happen too often in randoms.

Crescende

Banned
giphy.gif

This is pure gold on so many levels lol

scoobs

Widowmaker first.

Honestly, Widowmaker is removing a lot of the fun I have with this game. The most fun games are the ones where I'm not getting one shot every other second and those games are VERY rare on PC.

Widow is a real problem on PC and Blizz has acknowledged it. 1 shot body shots is preeeeetty dumb. Her gun in sniper mode also shoots too fast. Fix those two things and shes probably OK. Still OP but less annoyingly so.

That's curious and I had a similar experience.
For a while it felt like I was making progress and was getting more comfortable the more I played and I never felt like I was dragging the team down since everyone was on a relatively comparable level. And then suddenly I was having a hard time getting anything right in the game.
I still enjoy the game a lot and play a lot and there are still matches that seem fine but right now most of the time I usually feel like I'm the weakest player in the match. Except when I pick heroes I'm very comfortable with, but then I'll never learn getting better with others.

This is my overwhelming problem at this time; I stick to the same two or three.

I played the brawl mode the other night where the game selected the character for me and it released a lot of pressure as the game was the one choosing; I didn't feel as much of a liability because I was hoping others were in the same boat as me.

It did make me want to try some more characters but I don't want to drag the team down if I don't use the character all that well. I am very new to this game compared to people that have hammered it through betas so I don't feel comfortable experimenting when there are probably people that know the characters inside-and-out.

So the honeymoon period is beginning to wear off, and with basically no progression system outside of loot boxes, I really do wonder what updates Blizzard has in mind. It'll really determine if this game becomes an occasional revisit for me or continues to be an obsession.

Black Hole into a bunch of 100% charged right clicks is an ez play of the game.

Unless a teammate comes up and ults.

But everyone knows who really made it happen.

That's exactly what happened to me, sextuple kill.. well joint kill but junkrat got play of the game because his bombs were doing more damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeiq_g4auK8

And yes this is the 3rd time ive posted the clip this week but its been my best overwatch moment so far so deal with it ;)

Hyun Sai

So the honeymoon period is beginning to wear off, and with basically no progression system outside of loot boxes, I really do wonder what updates Blizzard has in mind. It'll really determine if this game becomes an occasional revisit for me or continues to be an obsession.

Personally I'm starting to get tired of the various stuns in this game. It's a mechanic I abhore, especially in FPS.

XaosWolf

Tried Rein charging a downed Roadhog into a wall last night and he got pushed up and over my head instead of pinning him.

He killed me straight after and even the Roadhog seemed confused in the killcam.

Rize_21

I guess Mei's head hitbox is the size of a watermelon because no matter the bunny jumps, Hanzo nails his drunk arrows way too many times.
Pure shame, especially when it's to lock him behind an icewall, you should feel bad to shoot at a firefighter :/.

Auctopus

There needs to be a "Good job" emote or "Look at what can be achieved when you play the fucking objective" emote.

What is more annoying?

A good Tracer or a good Mei? Both can be a reason for me to search a new game afterwards.

A good Mei.

I sometimes feel utterly helpless against a good Mei, as soon as an atom of ice touches me, I'm stuck.

A good Tracer is sort of annoying but they'll usually buzz off if you take up too much of their time.

You know what is fun?

Losing multiple games because the Widowmaker on your team absolutely refuses to push the objective or claim it. At one point we team killed the other team but Widow was the only one left and she didn't move fucking move to capture the point for us.

NeoRaider

Seriously it's so frustrating to play against good Wdowmaker and i don't even want to talk about two good Widowmakers in one team. Ugh :/

PatjuhR

I have totally no clue what happened to me yesterday. I'm still baffled by it.

We were on attack on Dorado and everything went really good. We were a good balanced team and I was playing Lucio. We kinda rushed the payload untill the end. We needed like 4/5 meters left to win it. But then something happened.

We all got killed, which can happen. But then our tank changed to fuck knows what and for the rest of the game all 5 of 'em went up on that platform facing the final destination of the payload and tried to kill people. We never got closer anymore.

It wasn't on PC so couldn't chat with them. Really wanted to know what went on in their heads.

I am that Widowmaker who grapples onto the payload when everyone else is dead and we need to contest for a few scant seconds to give everyone else a chance to get back.

I am that Widowmaker.

I will give my frail 200HP for the cause.

Average objective time: 3.31 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom