• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

we had the momentum on attack on Dorado and a dude left in ranked

completely fucked up everything can not believe how much that fucked us up being down just 1 person. It's nice they don't let you get a penalty if you wanted to leave for some bull shit like this sours me a bit on the playlist

Just had a match on competitive placement and ended up the only person left on my team by the end of the match. That was fun... It said you could leave without penalty because one teammate left but you still take a loss so i stuck it out to at least get xp. Ended up just switching to Widomaker while the other team stood in front of the starting area and let me snipe them. :lol

Zemm

we had the momentum on attack on Dorado and a dude left in ranked

completely fucked up everything can not believe how much that fucked us up being down just 1 person. It's nice they don't let you get a penalty if you wanted to leave for some bull shit like this

You still lose the game, you just don't get the leavers penalty/ban thingy.

LOL i love trolling with bastion. just did attack on route 66 and play without going into Sentry mode. killed it. the speed of the gun is pretty fast.

"You can leave this match safely but with a loss"

Oh, fuck off Blizzard. My team mate quit so I'm fucked? Lol okay

Also whose idea was it to make sudden death this coin bullshit instead of looking at the fucking time remaining in the match. Two bullshit losses in a row. Fuck. Dropped to 61. I'm done for the day.

fhqwhgads

Had 3 games so far with 1 win and 2 losses. All incredibly tight games and very fun. My only concern is the popularity of tank stacking, it's going to be very annoying to deal with and as much as I like playing Reaper I don't want to play as him every match because the enemy team has two D.vas, a Roadhog and a Reinhardt (True story)

Also marks the first time I've ever gotten a card as Bastion and the first time I've been showered in votes after a game. On OFFENSE.

Ferny

Also whose idea was it to make sudden death this coin bullshit instead of looking at the fucking time remaining in the match. Two bullshit losses in a row. Fuck. Dropped to 61. I'm done for the day.
They've already explained why they do it this way. How else would you remedy leavers in game?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Some of these comp games I'm seeing on stream seem to take an obscenely long time. Even for a competitive mode it's a bit much. It's nearing Dota match levels.

Zemm

Some of these comp games I'm seeing on stream seem to take an obscenely long time. Even for a competitive mode it's a bit much. It's nearing Dota match levels.

MoonMoon was in a game on that Russian map that must have lasted 50-60 minutes, was awful.

Blizzard

Banned
Are they high level? Average games seem to be 15-20 minutes max, some really short. Even with the silly 10-minute-per-side timers on the Russin maps, that's like 25 minutes max unless there are 30 minutes of overtime I think? Or does it give you 2 extra minutes per objective?

With all the Reaper talk happening, does anyone have tips for getting the 3 solo kill achievement? I seem to hardly do any damage with Reaper, whether aiming for the body or aiming for the head. And I die really fast. I assume you have to get right in people's faces, but that's typically where they will do the most damage.

Do I need to aim for the head? If teammates do ANY of the damage and I attack non-full-HP enemies, do I miss the achievement?

abundant

Let me guess, KOTH? The new rule of Best 3 out of 5 Wins makes those matches absurdly long if you make it to all 5 rounds.

Unfortunately there isn't a much better option. If you remove the penalty people would leave on purpose so their team could drop in games they were losing to avoid a loss.

Haly

Let me guess, KOTH? The new rule of Best 3 out of 5 Wins makes those matches absurdly long if you make it to all 5 rounds.

No, somehow ster just played like a 40 minute Voslkaya game. I didn't even know that was possible. The score went up to 6-6. I kept looking back periodically and he was always playing the same game.

Sorral

Rank 18. Will do placement matches soon!

Also 44-64 on wins 68%, which I think I may have jinxed just now.

2jY72OL.jpg

As someone who's been playing a lot of Zarya recently, reaper is only a problem when youre teammates aren't around/when you dont have a bubble cause you can still get 3 shot by a reaper. Tracer doesnt die, so she's your direct counter in almost every single situation

That picture is amazing. lol

Besides the /r/Overwatch posts, have we gotten any better records of competitive screwing over support players?

Because if that shit is true, that's some grade A bull.

Swapzism

The best tag on XBL I've seen is...

"Mei is Bae"

...and unsurprisingly they picked Mei.
Did he/she potentially pay $10 for that?????

QYypYmD.gif

TaterTots

Banned
Jesus...people are really ignorant when it comes to competitive. Apparently, 2 and 2 is a thing now and everyone had been pushing it on me for the last several games. As a result I am now a level 32 when I was a 53. IT HAS NEVER WORKED. Don't call something, "meta" when this is so new. Sorry idiots fall for that combination, but more people have common sense. We get crushed by people who do not do this. Adapt....change.....this is fucking absurd.

Haly

McCree getting a lot of play in this GosuGamers tournament.

Blizzard

Banned
Jesus...people are really ignorant when it comes to competitive. Apparently, 2 and 2 is a thing now and everyone had been pushing it on me for the last several games. As a result I am now a level 32 when I was a 53. IT HAS NEVER WORKED. Don't call something, "meta" when this is so new. Sorry idiots fall for that combination, but more people have common sense. We get crushed by people who do not do this. Adapt....change.....this is fucking absurd.
Why do you think only your team has had this problem, for 21 levels, and not the other? Shouldn't there be an equal number of people pushing a meta on the other team?

Also, 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 2 damage can work quite well.

Zocano

Unfortunately there isn't a much better option. If you remove the penalty people would leave on purpose so their team could drop in games they were losing to avoid a loss.

Penalizing the rest of the team because of one idiot and/or person's shoddy connection is stupid though. I *get* it but it doesn't make it not stupid. *Heavily* penalize the leaver, penalize those in their group normally, and only slightly penalize any randoms. Done.

Sudden Death rules as they are now are stupid as well. Don't know why payload doesn't include time spent like tourneys do. Much smarter way to do it.

X-Frame

Quick question,
If I'm in a group with my mate and we want to talk in group and the team voice chat, how the hell do we do it?

Were both on PS4.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you need to go into Sound and then put Group Chat to Off or On, and then Team Chat to Auto-Join.

Then when you're in a match, you can make sure you're in Team Chat by going to Social, tabbing over to the Group tab and then make sure the Team chat is selected and not Group.

However, I'm still having a lot of issues with chat with different people. Sometimes I can talk to them and others I can't. It's confusing.

terrible

Banned
Oh God losing those matches when your up 99% to 0% is the worst.

It's the most dangerous lead in the game. I've won when down 0-99 so many times. I think it happens because the losing team adjusts heroes to counter whatever they are doing and the winning team doesn't bother to adjust as well since they are winning.

Ken

would you guys ever want draft pick in overwatch if/when the hero count gets big enough cause this gosugamers stream is :zzz:

pretend hero changing isn't a factor

brawly

So basically once someone quits in competitive it's a loss for the whole team. This is so fucking stupid. How can anyone think this is a good idea?

What's the point in even playing this solo. Call it "russian roulette" instead.

Zocano

would you guys ever want draft pick in overwatch if/when the hero count gets big enough cause this gosugamers stream is :zzz:

pretend hero changing isn't a factor

ofc, also take out hero stacking

the main factor is definitely the small hero pool for now. But I don't see that happening for a long time if they really only put out a hero every 3 or 4-ish months or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom