• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is more annoying?

A good Tracer or a good Mei? Both can be a reason for me to search a new game afterwards.

Tracer. You keep your distance from Mei you ain't gotta deal with her shit. Lots of classes have an escape from her even if she does start icing them. No matter who you are or where you go, though, Tracer can catch you.

Mutombo

Holy shit made it to rank 362 (PCEU) with Zarya. She's just too damn good.

Surprising because these last two days have been horrible, nothing but defeats.

Nice. She's my go to tank now. I've done fairly well past few games. No POTG's or even title cards, even though I had one match where I didn't die and my damage was near 100 the whole round. Creating barriers for soldiers who got more kills than me was good enough, I suppose. But I felt I was a great contribution to the team.

Do you lob the secondary grenades more often, or do you laser more?

cHinzo

Holy shit made it to rank 362 (PCEU) with Zarya. She's just too damn good.

Surprising because these last two days have been horrible, nothing but defeats.

Yeah she's a beast. I don't play her often (only on KOTH maps), but when I do, people are getting rekt. :D

e7b3c93057.png

oh. so we moved on from annoyingly trolly mei? okay. let me go back to picking her now. taking out snipers when they too busy scoping at other people and they still stand there when their hp is low lol. idgi

wamberz1

Good Gengis and Tracers make me rage the most

They're certainly bad, but recently I've been finding zarya just infuriating to fight against.

Try to kill her? Shield. Okay, no prob, I'll just attack her heale-SHIELD. Well I guess I'll just wait for the short cooldown on the shields and oh look at that the entire enemy team just showed up to kick my ass

LiK

My only Legendary drop was for Zarya so I gave her a try.

I don't think I'll be playing much Zarya.

Pretty big learning curve but if you can juggle between using her bubbles and the lasers, pretty powerful and her super is devastating if used with another teammate's super.

cHinzo

They're certainly bad, but recently I've been finding zarya just infuriating to fight against.

Try to kill her? Shield. Okay, no prob, I'll just attack her heale-SHIELD. Well I guess I'll just wait for the short cooldown on the shields and oh look at that the entire enemy team just showed up to kick my ass

Meh the shields only have a 2 sec uptime, while having a 10 sec cooldown for the self shield and 8 sec cooldown for the ally shield. Big enough window to dps her down.

Pretty big learning curve but if you can juggle between using her bubbles and the lasers, pretty powerful and her super is devasting if used with another teammate's super.

Ah, I can see that. As someone who plays on PC with a Steam controller, I don't think she's a good fit for me.

My only Legendary drop was for Zarya so I gave her a try.

I don't think I'll be playing much Zarya.

I was in the same boat. I've talked here multiple times about how bad I am with her.

But recently, I'm starting to get not shit tier. And I'm pretty sure the single reason is that I've finally got it through my thick skull how her health works: it's predominantly shields.

If you back off, those come back pretty quickly. So you make little trench runs and then hide out for a few seconds at a time.

And then goes on to explain why it's not nearly as big a deal as people make it out to be.

He goes on to explain that high ping and packet loss have more impact. Nobody's said otherwise.

But what about ideal conditions, where both you and your opponent have low ping and a good connection? You're still getting shot through walls, you're still dodging attacks, only for the game to say "NOPE" and kill you anyways. There is no such thing as a good connection in Overwatch PUGs, just "bad" and "tolerable."

JCH!

Nice. She's my go to tank now. I've done fairly well past few games. No POTG's or even title cards, even though I had one match where I didn't die and my damage was near 100 the whole round. Creating barriers for soldiers who got more kills than me was good enough, I suppose. But I felt I was a great contribution to the team.

Do you lob the secondary grenades more often, or do you laser more?

Depends on range and charge. If in range and charged (say over 50%) I almost always laser if 1v1, it's surprising how fast a fully charge laser melts people. If not charged/too far or fighting against more than one target lob grenades.

It's not so much aiming as it is playing smart. You could probably play her on a controller just fine

What? I can't even imagine trying to aim the laser with a controller. It already is difficult enough to hit mobile targets like Tracer/Genji with KB/M doing so with a controller sounds impossible to me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pharah is so friggin awesome! #TeamPharah #PharaIsLove #JusticeRainsFromAbove

Im surprised at how fun Mercy can be. I like helpin' my team :3

So was listening to the Super Best Friends Cast and they were mentioning the number of amputees in the game. And wow, yeah it's true.

Mccree : missing arm
Pharah: Possible Multiple limbs (hard to tell with suit)
Genji : Full body
Hanzo : Legs
Junkrat : Arm and Leg
Torbjorn : arm
Symetra : arm
Lucio : both legs

Some are debatable, but there are at least a lot of amputees in the roster.

Plus there's more unspecific disabilities cured/caused by technology.
Tracer's Temporal Dissociation fixed by the machine on her chest.
Widowmaker has been heavily modified, making her skin blue.
And whatever the hell happened to Reaper.
Perhaps Roadhog even has a bane style mask that he needs to wear to not be in pain/die.

Really interesting. Makes sense given the theme of technology and Omnics.

lionpants

Can we stop using the term "tickrate"?

The people using it have no clue what goes into making a fast paced multiplayer game (server side) and just latch on to this ridiculously oversimplified term and use it as an excuse for everything. It annoys the shit out of me.

LiK

So was listening to the Super Best Friends Cast and they were mentioning the number of amputees in the game. And wow, yeah it's true.

Perhaps Roadhog even has a bane style mask that he needs to wear to not be in pain/die.

I noticed this as well. The war isn't pretty.

I don't think Symmetra is missing an arm, I'm pretty sure thats just gear she wears when she is crafting with hard light. I'm pretty sure the comic shows her with both arms normal.

Edit: Also, doesn't Widowmaker have mechanical feet/legs?

I don't think Symmetra is missing an arm, I'm pretty sure thats just gear she wears when she is crafting with hard light. I'm pretty sure the comic shows her with both arms normal.

Edit: Also, doesn't Widowmaker have mechanical feet/legs?

Huh. Double checks.

It's honestly hard to tell still, but she at least has the robotic arm stuff on even in her business clothing. More research is needed. The sheer number of other amputees does imply she is one too though.

Widowmaker huh?

Widowmaker_Skin_Classic.jpg

Huh yeah, those feet at least seem pretty mechanical, and I'd assume the rest the boot portion as well. She did jump pretty high and kick pretty hard in her short. Though she's already pretty highly modified. Remember hearing she literally has no heart.

Huh. Double checks.

It's honestly hard to tell still, but she at least has the robotic arm stuff on even in her business clothing. More research is needed. The sheer number of other amputees does imply she is one too though.

Widowmaker huh?

Widowmaker_Skin_Classic.jpg

Huh yeah, those feet at least seem pretty mechanical, and I'd assume the rest the boot portion as well. She did jump pretty high and kick pretty hard in her short. Though she's already pretty highly modified. Remember hearing she literally has no heart.

I guess I would just be surprised if Symmetra had a flaw because it seems so against her character. She seems to strive for perfection so the fact that she would be perfect seems very odd.

Edit: Judging by this image, you notice her actual finger tips are poking out of whatever is on her left arm, which makes me think it's just a fixture and not a replacement:

LwjLCpo.png

JCH!

Huh. Double checks.

I'm pretty sure one of Symmetra's sprays (of her 'robotic hand') is called "glove", so there's that.

Karu

It kinda upsets me that Brawl of the Week doesn't factor into the Statistics at all - not even Played Time. Love this week's random Brawl - all I'm playing really - so yeah, eh.Best moment of the week so far, though: Me as McCree, loading High Noon, my teammate Mei setting her ice-wall LITERALLY right in front of my face. ARGH.

LiK

It kinda upsets me that Brawl of the Week doesn't factor into the Statistics at all - not even Played Time. Love this week's random Brawl - all I'm playing really - so yeah, eh.Best moment of the week so far, though: Me as McCree, loading High Noon, my teammate Mei setting her ice-wall LITERALLY right in front of my face. ARGH.

I played it once and I was done. Fun for practice and fucking around but I'm trying to complete some trophies so it's not for me.

Cheddahz

Banned

Yeah, I wish they would just make Mystery Heroes a regular game mode, because I love being forced to play as a character I wouldn't normally play as and get used to how they play (and yes, I know there is a tutorial for that, but I much rather learn from an actual match)

Zaventem

Hate that as I'm getting better, it's gonna be harder and harder for me to get some of the achievements, sorta like Hanzo's dragon or Junkrat's riptire since once people here it they run. And D.Va's ult, as soon as anyone hears nerf this they run for the quickest cover

Hoping I'll get lucky and be able to nab them though.

PS -

Adding you. I'm 'Blind Rage'

As people get more experienced you have to get smarter. I got my hanzo achievement with a flank.

I guess I would just be surprised if Symmetra had a flaw because it seems so against her character. She seems to strive for perfection so the fact that she would be perfect seems very odd.

Edit: Judging by this image, you notice her actual finger tips are poking out of whatever is on her left arm, which makes me think it's just a fixture and not a replacement:

LwjLCpo.png

Fair enough. It's always hard to tell the canonicity of alternate costumes, but this seems pretty canon. Though there's always the "what time period is this costume from?" Question. But yeah, it's seems more likely it's a glove.

Going to be interesting once we get Blizzard actually giving us official info on this stuff.

tfw you play really well but still can't save your shit team

I was on a hot streak with D.Va on Hanamura defense at point B - I was bullying their entire team and survived through four different mechs. The other team finally killed me and in the time it took for me to respawn they killed the rest of my team and took the point. Feels bad, but all the gold medals felt good.

On another note, that was the match that D.Va finally clicked for me. It's weird how I've been writing off characters, then I'll try a new one just for fun and how to use them just clicks and suddenly they're way more fun to play.

WR went back up by .6%. i think i need to work on not rushing like i'm a tank with lucio and mei. stay my distance with them. and winston... well i need to work on not dying lol.

i really want to learn another offense hero though besides pharah

LiK

I feel you. I foolishly left Dva and Hanzo. They are like the last 2 I need.

i think the only way to get those is with a good Zarya player who uses their super. i might have to finally use a headset and coordinate with some buddies i play with to do that. i don't even have the Bastion 4 kills one. i get 2-3 max constantly.

matmanx1

ok, a small buff for zenyatta that i think is sorely needed is being able to send out orbs while charging your right click.

I would be all for a small Zenyatta buff but you would have to be very careful with it. His ult is very powerful and so is his normal offense. I got PoTG with him last night on Anubis attack for using his ult to push the capture point and then saving a team mate with my healing orb while killing three of the enemy team with the discord orb.

One thing I would definitely be in favor of is increasing the healing rate of his health orb. He's labeled as support but it can be surprisingly difficult in the heat of battle with everyone moving around to get that orb on the right person and the speed at which you need to move it around means it needs to work quickly.

He's already squishier and less mobile than Mercy (with far better offense, admittedly) so an increased heal rate on his orb would reward a careful and thoughtful play style even more than it does now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom