• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been tough for me. I wish I could just restart a new account to get those trophies with noobs. Lol

I feel you. I foolishly left Dva and Hanzo. They are like the last 2 I need.

Just gotta play with a Zarya, preferably on a control map, and wait for her to use her ult. Or hope Mei lands her ult on 4 people. But yea, I'm having trouble getting some of them too. Been getting so many triple kills :/

Kiro

i think the only way to get those is with a good Zarya player who uses their super. i might have to finally use a headset and coordinate with some buddies i play with to do that. i don't even have the Bastion 4 kills one. i get 2-3 max constantly.

I've gotten most of the tough ones. 3 teleporters, reaper kills, bastion, you name it.

I've been playing Dva for 2 days straight now and have gotten 3 triples. :(

I am sorry, but this is not true, and there are several videos that patiently explain what's actually happening when you get "shot through walls," including one from Blizzard themselves. FPS junkies, in most cases, have proven they don't understand the "science" behind this, and saying that you have "30 ping" shows that you don't either.

There is now a widespread phenomenon where everyone who's read an angry forum post or watched a painful montage of high-latency play thinks they can, with a glance of their fallible human eye, detect 35ms disparities in a complex simulation that is influenced by many factors, one of the less significant of which is tickrate.

This one's great and supports my point! I don't know why people keep drawing the wrong conclusions when he patiently explains what's happening.

Also, clients are sending updates to the server at 60 ticks. The fact that the server is seeing it all at 60 ticks and is the authority on game state it's nothing more than a visual issue on the client end. That's to say, it simply doesn't matter if tick rate to the client was higher, you lost either way according to the server. The only thing a better server to client tick rate would do is make you aware of your loss more quickly.

Keep in mind too, because this is a popular argument, that if you pop out of cover and duck back in yes you might move a frame or two further out on the enemy client but the server is aware of your actual position. If there is enough lag the enemy player might simply whiff through your head on their end but the server calculated it as a full miss. It works both ways.

Demoskinos

I've gotten most of the tough ones. 3 teleporters, reaper kills, bastion, you name it.

I'm glad I got mine near launch cause people ARE getting smart to the D.VA nuke now.

Frostburn

The game needs more servers for matchmaking but at the same time I think the game highlights just how shitty some people's internet connections are. People playing on mobile hotspots, terrible wifi connections etc. Not to mention on PC, some have viruses, downloading/uploading torrents, just crappy hardware or OS issues.

At the same time though with proper hardware and a good stable internet connection I see very few "Killed after ducking behind a corner" type kills. The tickrate itself seems fine for this type of game though I wouldn't be opposed to raising it (The tickrate our clients report to the sever) but as Blizzard has stated, based on their monitoring a good portion of the 7+ million players couldn't even support that higher report rate (Because their connections suck in the first place).

A fully multiplayer competitive game just highlights deficiencies so much that more people seem to take notice, some people have problems and don't even realize its on their end.

Been tough for me. I wish I could just restart a new account to get those trophies with noobs. Lol

I didn't think about having an easier time with trophies with new players - dang. Oh well. I've already decided trophies in this game are a wash - there are some I'll never be able to get like Lucio's wall riding 3 kills or Zenyatta's 4 kill assists in 6 seconds. Seriously Blizzard, what the hell were you thinking with some of these?

LiK

Just gotta play with a Zarya, preferably on a control map, and wait for her to use her ult. Or hope Mei lands her ult on 4 people. But yea, I'm having trouble getting some of them too. Been getting so many triple kills :/

if you guys play on PS4, we could work together for them.

I didn't think about having an easier time with trophies with new players - dang. Oh well. I've already decided trophies in this game are a wash - there are some I'll never be able to get like Lucio's wall riding 3 kills or Zenyatta's 4 kill assists in 6 seconds. Seriously Blizzard, what the hell were you thinking with some of these?

they also tie the trophies to some sprays. i adore both the pixelated and cute ones and you need to get the trophies to unlock them. so lame.

Kiro

Lucio is not bad. Zenyatta is impossible.

Yup.

PSN: Kiro21-

Vitor711

Holy shit made it to rank 362 (PCEU) with Zarya. She's just too damn good.

Surprising because these last two days have been horrible, nothing but defeats.

NmK4i3Z.jpg

Just broke top 500 globally on PC (US) for score per min. #feelsgoodman.

Mostly play with pubs so it can be super hard to coordinate her ult/shields (especially since the latter only last for 2 seconds).

I swear there's a max damage amount for the shields too which I don't like - feels like they should just absorb everything due to the short duration.

Mupod

I need to check to see if I've gotten 4 kill assists in 6 seconds as Zenyatta but is that actually hard? I used transcendence on top of an ult'ing reaper on a crowded point defending Hanamura last night and got...a lot of assists.

NmK4i3Z.jpg

Just broke top 500 globally on PC (US) for score per min. #feelsgoodman.

Mostly play with pubs so it can be super hard to coordinate her ult/shields (especially since the latter only last for 2 seconds).

I swear there's a max damage amount for the shields too which I don't like - feels like they should just absorb everything due to the short duration.

They absorb 200, but there's no 'trample' damage. A single large hit will destroy the shield but you'll be unharmed.

My score/minute as Zarya is not great for some reason even though she's hands down my most effective character. Might be my playstyle, I tend to play it safe until I'm max charge and then push with my team.

Kiro

I need to check to see if I've gotten 4 kill assists in 6 seconds as Zenyatta but is that actually hard? I used transcendence on top of an ult'ing reaper on a crowded point defending Hanamura last night and got...a lot of assists.

They have to be discord assists. All 4 need to die with discord on them... In 6 seconds.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
If you ask me the only buff Zenyatta needs is a base move speed increase.

He is squishy and slow as all hell but on top of that he can't even walk away from bad engagements he gets stuck in unlike mercy and lucio. Symmetra doesn't really count since she is basically melee range and is more study.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

My spoken english is kinda bad but i pretty much understand everything.
Is it cool if i join? :3

PSN ID: Fersis_4
Note: Just got the game so im no good . (I play with Pharah, Mercy, Zarya)

It's 4 assists while also using the orb of discord

vypek

they also tie the trophies to some sprays. i adore both the pixelated and cute ones and you need to get the trophies to unlock them. so lame

And those can't be purchased, right? You absolutely have to get the achievement/trophy?

I'd also be down for this at some point if you're looking for a full GAF trophy team.

Lucio is not bad. Zenyatta is impossible.

Lucio's bad when you can't wallride for shit. I feel like I may have to change the jump button for him just to attempt the trophy so I have full right stick motion instead of holding down X.

Kiro

Switch Lucio Wall ride to L1. Go To lijang tower and push one off and as they are falling start Wall riding. You need to be Wall riding at the point of death not the point of attack.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow, I'm watching a few videos that show off how bad the hit boxes are in this game and... just wow.

Mupod

Switch Lucio Wall ride to L1. Go To lijang tower and push one off and as they are falling start Wall riding. You need to be Wall riding at the point of death not the point of attack.

Oh, that might be why I never get it. Next time I punt half a team into a pit I'll make sure to jump on to a wall.

Ohhhhh. So it works like Widowmaker's headshot trophy. Gotcha. That definitely makes it easier.

LiK

I can't guarantee we'll get trophies of any kind. i just go with the flow. but hell, i don't mind playing with more Gaffers on PS4. it's been slim pickings whenever I play. i just like to have a good time. win or lose doesn't matter to me.

Kiro

I just checked what trophies I need.

Genji X2
Soldier rockets
Hanzo X2
Dva ult
Winston ult

And the impossible zenyatta x2

R0ckman

How come randoms have such low survivability? Too many times I'm wondering why I'm the only one left standing. Is it that damn hard to retreat and find a health pack?

I mean where there are dead icons on the screen at the same and its basically for everyone but you and a super has not been used.

I want to throw d.Va a buck fifty so she can go downtown get a roll of duct tape to attach that pistol to the side of her mech because it's 100 times better than the giant cannons on the side of the screen damn.

Raven117

How come randoms have such low survivability? Too many times I'm wondering why I'm the only one left standing. Is it that damn hard to retreat and find a health pack?

I mean where there are dead icons on the screen at the same and its basically for everyone but you and a super has not been used.

Because they play it like Call of Duty. Where there is more dying involved.

While I certainly have enjoyed my time with Overwatch, as I grind to level 25 (im 24), I will be taking a break until competitive comes out.

The headache of solo queuing where nobody knows their job is just too much. (And I'm usually a healer so I'm doing my part...though it gets irritating I have to pick the healer everytime because everyone things they are the "best widowmaker").

LiK

they don't stick with the group and they don't look for health packs.

abundant

The problem with randoms (and even in groups sometimes) is that they trickle in, one at a time, usually against the entire Defending team.

I want to get good with Zarya. I love her mechanics. I'm finding that I really gravitate to the tanks. I need to work on Reinhardt and Winston, too.

mbpm1

Sometimes they don't move around

I can't guarantee we'll get trophies of any kind. i just go with the flow. but hell, i don't mind playing with more Gaffers on PS4. it's been slim pickings whenever I play. i just like to have a good time. win or lose doesn't matter to me.

Same here. I'll take trophies if I can get them and having a trophy-oriented team is a plus, but I'm in it to have fun. I've only ever platinumed two games so you can tell how much trophies mean to me, heh.

Because they play it like Call of Duty. Where there is more dying involved.

While I certainly have enjoyed my time with Overwatch, as I grind to level 25 (im 24), I will be taking a break until competitive comes out.

The headache of solo queuing where nobody knows their job is just too much. (And I'm usually a healer so I'm doing my part...though it gets irritating I have to pick the healer everytime because everyone things they are the "best widowmaker").

In those situations I go for Soldier 76. Self-reliant and can heal, not too squishy, and can also do decent damage if you know what you're doing. i've gotten gold medals for healing with S76 before - no fucks given.

LiK

I want to get good with Zarya. I love her mechanics. I'm finding that I really gravitate to the tanks. I need to work on Reinhardt and Winston, too.

I'm getting better as D.Va. Totally wrecked the defending team in two different matches last night. Crushed their Bastions and Torb turrets. Got some quick wins that way.

rush, die, respawn. repeat

Tom Cruise would be proud of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom