• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beartruck

Hes doing atleast 3 times as much as everyone else. I think a little less damage wouldnt kill him as a character. But I understand this is a very unpopular opinion.
If the enemy team has a genji, that high damage gets reflected straight back at him, so its not that great.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just gonna casually drop in and say I've heard the words "tickrate," "composition," and "glass cannon" more this month than in my last 20 years of gaming.

Not saying they don't have a purpose or a valid conversation surrounding them (I'm for a higher tickrate, for example)... but man, talk about the "word of the day."

Just gonna casually drop in and say I've heard the words "tickrate," "composition," and "glass cannon" more this month than in my last 20 years of gaming.

Not saying they don't have a purpose or a valid conversation surrounding them (I'm for a higher tickrate, for example)... but man, talk about the "word of the day."

I think words of the day on this forum is "gets a pass"

Gurrry

In an immobile form. I though people already gotten over their salt with him?

Im not "salty". Im just simply stating my opinion that I think a slight damage reduction wouldnt make him useless. I can accept it if he never gets a nerf because I see both sides of the argument here.

I just think its a little overkill, but again, I get it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 Lucios going at it is so fun

n53Rn.gif

Gurrry

To all Roadhog players - I have a question.

I main RH, and I have noticed a few bugs?

For one, when I hook someone (it seems like its mainly Genji) he will end up behind me instead of in front of me.

Ive also noticed when I get a kill with my Ulti, my chain gun will immediately point to the sky for no reason.

Anyone know if these things are being reported?

Ketch

KOTH is the best game mode here's why:

Very few widow makers

Almost no choke points

Lots of cliff opportunities

Interestingly, A/D are the worst maps for the exact opposite reasons.

Wish this game had 3 or 5 CP maps.

Phant

I'm still not entirely sure how Roadhog's hook and McCree's ult work.

For Roadhog, do you have to lead with the hook for it to land, like Hanzo's arrows, or is it hitscan?

Does McCree's increase in damage as the circles close in? Not sure when the best time to pull the trigger is to guarantee a kill on lighter targets.

Gorillaz

Had a Zenyatta POTG

Didn't know it was possible to see this in the wild. All it was was a 2 piece with me popping the ult to keep the team safe from their Hanzo Ult. That POTG pose Igot from a loot box like 3 levels earlier didn't go to waste lol
KOTH is the best game mode here's why:

Very few widow makers

Almost no choke points

Lots of cliff opportunities

Interestingly, A/D are the worst maps for the exact opposite reasons.

Wish this game had 3 or 5 CP maps.

I came to that conclusion last week too. I think this game is at it's best in KOTH mode. Would love more maps with chances to push people off in the future.

For Roadhog, do you have to lead with the hook for it to land, like Hanzo's arrows, or is it hitscan?

Does McCree's increase in damage as the circles close in? Not sure when the best time to pull the trigger is to guarantee a kill on lighter targets.
Deadeye is an instant kill if the marker is red.

Baliis

Im not "salty". Im just simply stating my opinion that I think a slight damage reduction wouldnt make him useless. I can accept it if he never gets a nerf because I see both sides of the argument here.

I do think he could use a little more damage drop off or spread at extreme ranges and then buff him elsewhere. Even on like, Anubis if he's sitting at the back of point B he can kill a pharah before she can kill him and that's pretty fucking far. I've lost a shoot out to a bastion set up at the start of Anubis where he usually sets up and I as standing mostly behind a pillar near the attacker spawn, it was absurd.

Klyka

Banned
He's immobile and completely helpless if you get a jump on him.

That's not a glasscannon definition though.

A glasscannon is a character that dishes out immense damage while having a small healthpool.

Bastion in comparison to the other heroes in the game has a REALLY STRONG healthpool while also having THE highest DPS in the game.

Him being immobile is a mechanic that doesn't factor into "glasscannon".

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
He's immobile and completely helpless if you get a jump on him.

image.php

The only time I have trouble with Bastion is when they are "teamed up" with a turrett on opposite ends, and in a non-snipe-able location.

Otherwise, they're pretty easy to take out with any sniper, a decent Genji, or even D.Va.

I still stand by that there just needs to be a bit more damage drop off at a distance, and everyone could be happy. Everything else the same. Destroys at 0-50/100 yards. But shoting half way across a map wouldn't be as effective.

I honestly, though, still don't have any issue with any of the heroes except for Widow in really good hands. And Mei, while fair, isn't very FUN to play against.

Xeteh

The hook is hitscan.

Mupod

As much as I'd enjoy Zenyatta buffs I also can't deny that I'm very effective on him. I just don't use him all the time. You'd have to be a masochist to use him on King of the Hill as a solo support, that's Lucio's domain.

On offense I only use him behind Reinhardt's shield, otherwise I stick to using him on defense. Yeah, Widowmaker can bodyshot him if he has no builder armor or shields - but they need to have a line of sight on you first. I am an average Widow and I have no trouble deleting Mercy if I'm unchallenged by another sniper, she usually has to put herself in harm's way to heal or rez. On Zenyatta, I try to never give snipers the chance. I generally need to be flanked or I will sit back and heal my team from safety. And Zenyatta vs Genji/Reaper/Tracer goes in my favor more often than you'd think, because I am watching/listening for them and when I'm on Zenyatta I am as skittish as a squirrel on coke.

I typically play him in conjunction with a Torbjorn friend and he brings armor to me ASAP. We have a very high winrate on defense using this method.

His ult is so situational that even if it built faster I'd probably still hold on to it a lot. But I've saved so many last minute capture points with the thing that it'd threaten to become game breaking if it charged as fast as Mercy's rez.

I catch shit sometimes for picking him so if for no other reason than public opinion I'd like to see him get some buffs. But if they come with tradeoffs to his offense then no thanks, I'm good.

a9Gp8L2.png

I really need to work on my accuracy.

(PS4)

Accuracy is such a pointless stat in a game with infinite ammo, unless we're talking Widowmaker or something.

On Lucio in particular I am spamming nonstop. I tag so many people around corners and finish off tons of Tracers trying to back off. I shoot at snipers to throw off their aim and force them to move, stuff like that. Just shooting at everything constantly.

Apathy

Numbani could really use another spawn for defense. after the first one you're spanning all the way back and trying to stop the payload from that first check point is crazy

Baliis

That's not a glasscannon definition though.

A glasscannon is a character that dishes out immense damage while having a small healthpool.

Bastion in comparison to the other heroes in the game has a REALLY STRONG healthpool while also having THE highest DPS in the game.

Him being immobile is a mechanic that doesn't factor into "glasscannon".

If anyone's a glass cannon, Zenyatta would prob be it. Shit mobility, shit hp, but massive damage.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

bastion turret-only-players on the opposing team are fun. it gives me a reason to drop out as healer and pick widowmaker to harass the player. my team isn't even missing the heals because the other team is guaranteed to be down an entire offensive player during the time their bastion is useless. I even get a few extra kills while waiting for him to respawn.

not to say bastion is useless.. great character.. but the complaint always seems to be bastion turret for enemies that just stick in turret mode and mow down your team. which are basically a one shot from widow. (hanzo also?)

Zaventem

Accuracy is such a pointless stat in a game with infinite ammo, unless we're talking Widowmaker or something.

On Lucio in particular I am spamming nonstop. I tag so many people around corners and finish off tons of Tracers trying to back off. I shoot at snipers to throw off their aim and force them to move, stuff like that. Just shooting at everything constantly.

How does accuracy even work with shotguns is what i'm wondering. Number of pellets hit per shot?

yep the only thing to keep in mind is havnig to reload when you get ambushed or fall into a battle without a full clip, otherwise shoot away.

Klyka

Banned
Pheeeew you know it can be really damn taxing when every round boils down to "don't even show a single pixel in a Widowmaker's line of sight."

Especially since on many maps her covered area is huuuuge.

Gurrry

My other main issue with bastion, is that he takes practically zero skill to use. I honestly feel I could get POTG with my eyes closes by just spraying bullets in a direction.

Compare that to someone like Zenyatta with the least health in the game and a fraction of the damage with a high skill cap.

I get they are two different archetypes. It just feels a little odd that the character with the lowest skill cap does the most damage by a mile.

Ramirez

For whatever reason last night, the game started even though we only had 4 players and they had 6. It was on Watchpoint, and we didn't get 2 more players until the Payload was at the top of the hill and on its way down to the final destination. Once we had a full team, we pushed them back there for a solid 8 minutes or more, and won. Felt great.

Still really stupid that it started a game 6v4...I've seen it not allow a game to start at 5v5, what's that about?

Cocaloch

My other main issue with bastion, is that he takes practically zero skill to use. I honestly feel I could get POTG with my eyes closes by just spraying bullets in a direction.

Compare that to someone like Zenyatta with the least health in the game and a fraction of the damage with a high skill cap.

I get they are two different archetypes. It just feels a little odd that the character with the lowest skill cap does the most damage by a mile.

I wouldn't say Bastion has a super low skill cap, or that Zenyatta has a super high one for that matter. At a minimum knowing where to set up and when is important. This is coming from someone who has played bastion like 3 times, but I did play a lot of Engineer in TF2.

Xeteh

For whatever reason last night, the game started even though we only had 4 players and they had 6. It was on Watchpoint, and we didn't get 2 more players until the Payload was at the top of the hill and on its way down to the final destination. Once we had a full team, we pushed them back there for a solid 8 minutes or more, and won. Felt great.

Still really stupid that it started a game 6v4...I've seen it not allow a game to start at 5v5, what's that about?

That happened because people left the game right after the timer started for hero selection, not before. It doesn't start matches that are 5v6 if someone leaves after the last match.

With the hook, if you're trying to get someone running to the right, you'll want to throw it where they're going to be not where they are or it'll end up behind them. It has a decent range too so those longer hooks can be tricky. Also remember that when you throw the hook, you stop moving.

Klyka

Banned
With the hook, if you're trying to get someone running to the right, you'll want to throw it where they're going to be not where they are or it'll end up behind them. It has a decent range too so those longer hooks can be tricky. Also remember that when you throw the hook, you stop moving.

The hook is hitscan.
You need to have your crosshair on their model the moment you press the button.

proccor

Neo Member

I joined 2 matches last night that were 10 seconds from defeat... felt really good to get that "DEFEAT" pop up after picking my character.

eek5

Yeah, Lucio's slow moving sound waves are perfect for laying down some pre-fire/suppression fire on corners, doorways, ledges, etc. I love when I'm just firing into a doorway and a tank turns the corner and eats the entire burst

terrible

Banned
match-making can feel really brutal.

It feels like a kind of "lumpy" system. You lose and win in batches.

I can safely say I've never lost this much in any game ever in my entire life. I'm at the point where I don't even care what happens anymore since I know I'm going to lose before the game even starts. I've got severe PTSD.

Drewfonse

For me, this game is a constant question of do I play the characters who are fun to play, or do I play the characters who I win as (Lucio, Torbjorn).Cuz my winners are kind of boring to play as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom