• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a glasscannon definition though.

A glasscannon is a character that dishes out immense damage while having a small healthpool.

Bastion in comparison to the other heroes in the game has a REALLY STRONG healthpool while also having THE highest DPS in the game.

Him being immobile is a mechanic that doesn't factor into "glasscannon".
Glass cannons don't necessarily have low health, they just die easily.

Bastion's tankiness is meaningless against anything other than pot shots.

legbone

I'm sure glad i picked this up. i got to play about three games before bed last night and if i didn't have to head back to work in the next few minutes i would be playing right now.

i played with soldier 76, mercy and reinhardt. trying some easy ones while i learn the maps then i will adjust. i didn't kill a bunch of people but i healed the shit out of some folks with mercy and loved it. think im going to try some pharah (sp?) next. anyway, reinhardt seems really fun as well, except for the time i meant to do his fireball attack and ended up charging into the clump of enemies and getting wasted, oops. anyway, i can see myself playing this a lot and look forward to learning the maps, as i can see where that is vital (as with most online shooters). i haven't committed to an online shooter since mag (my absolute favorite) but i can see this filling my hours for months to come.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There's a level 206 and 222 on the opposite team on Seagull's stream.

How is that possible..?

Probably people who barely sleep or work and don't do anything else than playing Overwatch while awake.

In other words, people you wouldn't want to hang with.

spiritfox

Bastions go down so fast nowadays if they're out of position. They only excel if the enemy is caught by surprise or if the team is backing him up.

Or if the enemy does not know how to deal with him.

mbpm1

Bastions go down so fast nowadays if they're out of position. They only excel if the enemy is caught by surprise or if the team is backing him up.

Or if the enemy does not know how to deal with him.

Or if they have shite aim

but that goes for most characters

Finally had a king of the hill match long enough to pad my stats. Unsurprisingly I only got 1 vote

lQPVNFf.png

I leveled up afterward and unlocked the Comtesse Widow skin though so that's cool

rdytoroll

For anyone that has the newest Nvidia Drivers: I had them installed for 2 days on my system and I noticed framedrops that never happened before which got annoying real quick. So I reverted back to the 368.22 one and the framedrops are gone. So if you somehow have the same problem try to revert back to the previous driver.

Drewfonse

Finally had a king of the hill match long enough to pad my stats. Unsurprisingly I only got 1 vote

I leveled up afterward and unlocked the Comtesse Widow skin so that's cool

Damn impressive. You must have been a nightmare for the opposing team. And only only one vote? Wow.

What a beast. What an absolute beast!!! :O

Not beast enough to get 4 stickies though. I threw one in the last 20s and it missed. Forever 3/4 :(

Damn impressive. You must have been a nightmare for the opposing team. And only only one vote? Wow.

As mentioned it's no guarantee that everyone will vote. Also people tend to be nicer towards opposing supports and not people who've been killing them repeatedly unless there's a sweet play of the game to go with it (didn't get it).

Since you aren't forced to vote I imagine many people take the voting time as an opportunity to get up and do things.

The voting idea is pretty cool. You don't get some end screen of listings. You get 4 of the top people and everyone gets to choose who is the best.

It makes me wish there was more to it, though. Some reward? Maybe forced voting where for every 3 or so absent votes, you get a -1 counter to any of your future votes when you come up.

I definitely think you shouldn't be able to vote for yourself.

proccor

Neo Member
The voting idea is pretty cool. You don't get some end screen of listings. You get 4 of the top people and everyone gets to choose who is the best.

It makes me wish there was more to it, though. Some reward? Maybe forced voting where for every 3 or so absent votes, you get a -1 counter to any of your future votes when you come up.

I definitely think you shouldn't be able to vote for yourself.

Give me any amount of in-game currency for voting and I'll vote every. single. game.

Xeteh

jesus christ seagull's aim is so good

it's not fair

one day i'll be as good as him i swear

His Mei makes me insanely jealous. I feel like I play her really well but his aim with her right click is disgusting, he does so much more damage than I can because of it.

Izayoi

Banned
FFXIV had a great solution, which was to tie a daily/weekly challenge to giving commendations to other players. It awarded a small amount of Gil for completion.

Something similar in Overwatch couldn't hurt.

DarKshodaN

For anyone that has the newest Nvidia Drivers: I had them installed for 2 days on my system and I noticed framedrops that never happened before which got annoying real quick. So I reverted back to the 368.22 one and the framedrops are gone. So if you somehow have the same problem try to revert back to the previous driver.

Thanks, i was wondering why i had framdrops since the last few days, installed 368.22 and all my framedrops are gone.

EVO

Loving the sound effects in this game. The kill chirp is the best I've heard since Killzone 2. And D.va's shield sounds are possibly my favourite ever.

I'm laying in bed right now and I've got both sounds ringing in my ears, plus Junkrat's ultimate. It's like a weird auditory Tetris effect.

Not beast enough to get 4 stickies though. I threw one in the last 20s and it missed. Forever 3/4 :(

I play Tracer a lot and once I started really focusing on getting that trophy, it seemed I could only ever get 3. Never less than 3 and never more.

I had a fourth that landed as the Defeat screen was coming up and every slows down for 5 seconds or so. That one didn't count.

When I finally got it, my 4th sticky was landing one on another Tracer, who was next to a 2nd enemy Tracer, and I got a double kill and trophy pop. It was also POTG. FELT GOOD MAN

Is that some kind of challenge?

Trophy / Achievement, yeah.

FFXIV had a great solution, which was to tie a daily/weekly challenge to giving commendations to other players. It awarded a small amount of Gil for completion.

Something similar in Overwatch couldn't hurt.
They definitely need to add another way to get credits in this game, I'm level 36 and I still haven't gotten enough money to buy a legendary skin. Hopefully ranked will have some sort of system where if you are a certain rank at a weekly reset you get a certain amount of credits. Or just do what you said, have challenges that make you do certain tasks. But make the challenges random for all players because if everyone got the same challenge every day and it was "get 15 eliminations as widow maker", you would be running into lobbies with 4 or 5 widow makers.

Xeteh

Loving the sound effects in this game. The kill chirp is the best I've heard since Killzone 2. And D.va's shield sounds are possibly my favourite ever.

I'm laying in bed right now and I've got both sounds ringing in my ears, plus Junkrat's ultimate. It's like a weird auditory Tetris effect.

Thing I love about D.Va's defense matrix is that its supposed to be her shooting all the projectiles out of the sky and the sounds make it sound like some 80s arcade machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom