• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Zenyettta's design makes zero sense. His ulti needs to be on point but he has 150 HP so when that invulnerability goes he's dead 99% of the time, same goes for heal/debuff as it needs line of sight.. He's literally the worst heal support in the game with zero exaggeration. Hampered even further by Widowmaker that can shoot anywhere and kill him. Even if your point is he does more damage ok..The huge nerf to his ultimate build up speed which they though was a good idea to increase by 50% is a garbage idea. Let's look at the other heal supports, we all know Zenyatta dors the most damage out of them but i'll be focusing ultimates here, where Zenyatta loses AGAIN. Mercy's ultimate builds up very quickly and it's not uncommon to use 6 - 7 resurrections a game. Even if you only res two people with a standard HP pool that's more dps on board for your team and you can count a resurrection as a full "heal". The range of her resurrection is 15 meters.

Lucio, His AoE healing frequently out heals single target mercy when i do play him which makes sense since mercy is more of a spike healer. Thanks to the nature of how he works you can get his ultimate up damn quickly. Looking at masteroverwatch, my average for Lucio is 9 ultis a game and somehow i got 23 in one which seems crazy to me. That's 9 times i'm dropping an overheal for 500 protection. He has a 28 meter LoS range on his ultimate.

On to Zenyatta, coupled with having an ultimate range of a 10 meter radius and healing for 100 HP a second with the slowest building ultimate of the healing 3, it just makes makes it harder for him to even get on the point and use him effectively. He has zero mobility skills which makes the decision to give him 150 HP even worse. It seems classes like him are always destined for this fate sadly, buff to much and you end up with Zenyetta meta like in the beta, nerf to much and he drops to neverused. I understand it can be hard to balance games but it seems like they're just throwing numbers out there in hopes of "well we'll see if it works".

Now i hope the people that do play him take this as some extreme backlash on what you should be playing. Design wise he's one of the coolest heroes for me, i even have his Djinnyatta and Sunyatta skin! but as it stands, i see no situation whee i would pick Zen over Lucio or Mercy ever. We've discussed the nerfs and buffs to D.Va and McCree but i think it's Zenyatta that should be the one people should keep on their radar in hopes of better changes.

Thank you for your thoughts. I play Zenyatta for a change of pace from Lucio and Mercy, with Lucio being the character that I have the most time on. I find Zenyatta to be a lot of fun simply because he's more challenging but can really be rewarding when you push a point with his ult and then get kills in quick succession with discord while keeping a teammate healed. A good Widow makes life difficult but then again, if you have a decent team that's helping you out then Zenyatta can play a role that no other support can play because his dps is strong and so is his discord debuff. No one can melt an opposing tank as consistently as Zenyatta.

As I said before, I would really like to see his heal tweaked to be a little stronger or maybe for the orb to last longer once you loose LoS. A mobility buff would also be welcome but I think if you are playing him as he his meant to be played then his ult comes up fast enough. Quicker would be nice but might be overpowered.

How was he changed from beta? I hear he got the nerf bat pretty strongly but I don't know the details on that.

Man, I'm in love with Lucio, what a great character this is...
Popping barriers/healing boosts to push during overtime is so satisfying

Yep, my most played character. I like him a lot.

2 Lucios going at it is so fun

Whenever I see an enemy Lucio I usually just "nope" it out of there. It's generally not worth the effort to try and kill him if it means leaving my team or singling myself out unless he is super low health.

My other main issue with bastion, is that he takes practically zero skill to use. I honestly feel I could get POTG with my eyes closes by just spraying bullets in a direction.

Compare that to someone like Zenyatta with the least health in the game and a fraction of the damage with a high skill cap.

I get they are two different archetypes. It just feels a little odd that the character with the lowest skill cap does the most damage by a mile.

I can agree with this. Bastion is so easy to get multi-kills and huge damage numbers with on a per game basis compared to some of the other characters. It's like his design philosophy does not match up with characters like Tracer, Zarya or Genji where you really have to know your stuff and have excellent reactions to be effective.

I can already see that changing a little bit thought as people are figuring out how to deal with Bastion in turret form. My new favorite method is using Rein on offense and waiting until he's shooting at someone else and hitting him with Rein's charge move. It's very satisfying to pancake a turret form Bastion.

sappyday

wtf. I added funds to my wallet to get some loot boxes but during the purchase psn said it was going through maintenance and I didn't get the boxes and my wallet is empty but my money still went through

wtf. I added funds to my wallet to get some loot boxes but during the purchase psn said it was going through maintenance and I didn't get the boxes and my wallet is empty but my money still went through

I'd wait a few minutes. Probably went through but might take a while to take considering it's undergoing maintenance. If not, call Sony.

FFXIV had a great solution, which was to tie a daily/weekly challenge to giving commendations to other players. It awarded a small amount of Gil for completion.

Something similar in Overwatch couldn't hurt.

That wouldn't work as well. The differences in Overwatch economy (read: there isn't one) and FFXIV or WoW are too numerous to count.

For an example, and I highly suspect that this is their train of thought -- giving you currency, even 1 per day, can dissuade you from buying your sprayboxes because everything is so "Cheap." In fact, the currency is deflated enough that each singular currency point is worth much more that it looks like on the tin.

If they were going to go that route, they might want to do 5 or 10 per day, but again, why would they? Purchasing boxes is what they designed the system around, and the horse keeps coughing up money when you kick it. We're the horse. They don't want us to work gradually toward getting something, they want us to buy loot boxes.

Contrast this with FFXIV, which uses gil(now, anyway) for teleportation, for consumables, for repairs, and all sorts of other things under the sun. It has currency sinks. Overwatch has currency sinks in the vein of ...sprays. But let's be honest, nobody actually WANTS sprays when it precludes you from getting other things, like skins, or highlight intros, or emotes, or even voice lines. The sprays and player icons serve as a buffer to keep you playing and keep you buying boxes for more chances at that sweet, sweet legendary you have your eyes on.

That's why Jim Fucking Sterling, Son dislikes microtransactions -- it's not that they exist, it's that the game is always built around microtransactions, and not the other way around.

Anyone having issues with the servers on PC today? I've had two matches hang, then disconnect, then matchmaking was unavailable for a few minutes afterwards. My connection is fine, was able to do everything else.

Klyka

Banned
made it to 57% winrate
forced 50 cant keep me down
shaq.png

We are brothers you and I.

Kito

I typically play him in conjunction with a Torbjorn friend and he brings armor to me ASAP. We have a very high winrate on defense using this method.

Zenyatta with armour, and shields too, is a beast. Torbs and Symmetras are very welcome to me as a Zen main.

Salarians

Standing right in front of our Symmetra during set up, spamming "I need shields", jumping up and down, and she still won't give me any.

exemp30

Just had a team who couldn't defend at all, left the game in frustration searched for a new one and was put on the same team just as they lost.. I don't understand if people just don't know what to do or they don't care.

I've basically been using all my free time to play Overwatch since I got it last week and I'm only level 35. I can't imagine how much people are playing that are already in the hundreds.

I just cracked 38 or so, and I'm actually pulling back on the amount of time I spend with it so I can finish other games.

There just isn't enough time in the day for me to get all the OW time I want in!

Kathian

Banned
Decided to bite after so many good impressions (I've bought a ridiculous amount of PC games at full whack recently - good times). Feelings are it plays very well; quick moving and a lot of fun.

I love the winged medic. Want more fast characters honestly.

You know what is fun?

Losing multiple games because the Widowmaker on your team absolutely refuses to push the objective or claim it. At one point we team killed the other team but Widow was the only one left and she didn't move fucking move to capture the point for us.

?

How is it you guys team killed the other team, but Widowmaker was the only one left? You guys get a team kill from the grave?

proccor

Neo Member
?

How is it you guys team killed the other team, but Widowmaker was the only one left? You guys get a team kill from the grave?

I've killed my fair share with Junkrat's passive that he drops bombs on death. I have seen this before where its Overtime and there's 1 or 2 players left and 1 widowmaker on the team and they just continue to snipe not caring about the objective.

DrArchon

Standing right in front of our Symmetra during set up, spamming "I need shields", jumping up and down, and she still won't give me any.

I've seen so many Symmetras just straight up ignore or forget the fact that they can give everyone on their team an extra 25 health. It's super annoying. That and forgetting to re-up shields on people that respawn.

But I did need shields... I really did...

This isn't the first time this has happened though. I think some people might think her shields function like Zarya's when they first start using her.

Do you always stand in their face and spam the voice line?

That could be part of the problem. I guarantee you there is a type of person out there who will not give you shields specifically because you're asking for them.

Salarians

Do you always stand in their face and spam the voice line?

That could be part of the problem. I guarantee you there is a type of person out there who will not give you shields specifically because you're asking for them.
Oh no, of course not. But this particular person didn't seem to be giving anyone shields.

If I see a Symmetra ally when setting up on defense, I'll try to stand in their eye line and they'll usually do it. And most pop it during the run from spawn to objective.

Ardenyal

(Thats because it doesn't exist)

Its just a funny coincidence that once i got to 57.7% win rate I started getting level 10-20 (barely started up the game) teammates and opponents level 70-90 (Gremlin D.Va personified). It really is just a stroke of bad luck I started getting more losses daily than wins compared to before when I never had a day with more losses than wins.

Now I'm back to 55.8% so I should get more competent teammates hopefully.

aeolist

Banned
Its just a funny coincidence that once i got to 57.7% win rate I started getting level 10-20 (barely started up the game) teammates and opponents level 70-90 (Gremlin D.Va personified). It really is just a stroke of bad luck I started getting more losses daily than wins compared to before when I never had a day with more losses than wins.

Now I'm back to 55.8% so I should get more competent teammates hopefully.

but player level has nothing to do with skill, and if you're constantly winning then it means you need to be matched against better opponents which will naturally lead to more losses

MMaRsu

Damn its good to be back on here. Never figured calling out a troll for a troll would be a two week ban o_O. Not going near Overwatch microtransaction threads anytime soon.

I hope to play with yall soon again, Im gonna be online a bunch this weekend on PS4 :).

Its good to be back :D.

aeolist

Banned
i don't even know why winrate is worth complaining about, i enjoy games better when everyone's close to the same skill and there's fewer stomps either direction. rolling over a clearly inferior team isn't fun.

LiK

Damn its good to be back on here. Never figured calling out a troll for a troll would be a two week ban o_O. Not going near Overwatch microtransaction threads anytime soon.

I hope to play with yall soon again, Im gonna be online a bunch this weekend on PS4 :).

Its good to be back :D.

what's your PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom