• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't even know why winrate is worth complaining about, i enjoy games better when everyone's close to the same skill and there's fewer stomps either direction. rolling over a clearly inferior team isn't fun.

Win rates are great for solo queuing, and make perfect sense.

Win rates get real fucking stupid when you are group queuing.

Twookie

How do you access that command on m/kb? I can only see "I need healing" and various other ones.

if you select the option for "need healing" while pointing your crosshair on symmetra you will say "I need shields"

x is the shortcut I think

aka_bueno

Are the stats bugged? There is no way I got 100% acc.

nefxDuW.png

qwqqVeu.png

Probably in a match you switched heroes and only played Mei for a tiny amount and ended up firing a few shots?

Salarians

How do you access that command on m/kb? I can only see "I need healing" and various other ones.
The line is heard differently depending on which character the person is using. "I need healing" becomes "I need shields" for Symmetra, "I need armor" for Torbjorn, or "we need a healer" if the team doesn't have one.

Reinhardt's "I need armor! MORE armor!" is pretty good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
pug. king of the hill. widowmaker. enemy has 2 pharahs. we get rekt round 1.

peeps ask him to change if hes not going to kill the pharahs, he cries he has no defense (lol what its koth mate)

round 2, enemy team drops their widow, ours of course stays. we win round 2. "see I killed a pharah" hey congratulations, you did your job

round 3, we lose again (he never changes of course), cries in general chat that the pharahs wasted their ult on him the whole game, what noobs killing just 1 person with ults. The others are the noobs you see

Yeah I wouldnt play this game if I was just solo queing lol

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So where's the Roadhog hate? Most HP, massive damage, self heal, great ult that knocksback and a hook that's very generous whether it hits or not. I'd put him in the same basket as McCree and Widowmaker, ahead of Widowmaker if anything.

abundant

pug. king of the hill. widowmaker. enemy has 2 pharahs. we get rekt round 1.

peeps ask him to change if hes not going to kill the pharahs, he cries he has no defense (lol what its koth mate)

round 2, enemy team drops their widow, ours of course stays. we win round 2. "see I killed a pharah" hey congratulations, you did your job

round 3, we lose again (he never changes of course), cries in egenral chat that the pharahs wasted their ult on him the whole game, what noobs killing just 1 person with ults. The others are the noobs you see

Yeah I wouldnt play this game if I was just solo queing lol

That's why I gave up on solo and focus just on group play. Sure it means that I don't play as much as I want, but it also means that every time I do play won't be rage inducing.

Izayoi

Banned
So where's the Roadhog hate? Most HP, massive damage, self heal, great ult that knocksback and a hook that's very generous whether it hits or not. I'd put him in the same basket as McCree and Widowmaker, ahead of Widowmaker if anything.
He's an Ultimate battery - which is a huge downside.

Widow has a small HP pool and fucking broken regardless, so I don't think Roadhog really deserves any hate.

I think the inconsistency of his hook is another weakness... It always seems to be fucked for me. Some matches I have to lead, others I don't... So strange. :|

aeolist

Banned

he's good but not op. his range is shit and he gets kited easily, and 600hp can disappear fast if you don't play him right.

cametall

I fear no Roadhog. Massive, easy to hit target, and as said before, he's great to build ults off of.

Ferrio

Banned
I've been ignoring widowmaker since I don't really like the character, I really shouldn't. Even being super rusty with sniping and only a few games with her I've done pretty good, so with a good bit of practice it might be pretty nasty.

Hey guess what,roadhog has a massive hitbox.

I love playing against Roadhogs. They charge my ultimate so fast.

mbpm1

Those little piggies are Ultimate Bacon

Ardenyal

but player level has nothing to do with skill, and if you're constantly winning then it means you need to be matched against better opponents which will naturally lead to more losses

You telling me that map knowledge and character familiarity has no relation to "skill"? Let alone knowing even the basic game mechanics.

Grisby

It's Friday and I just want to Overwatch and not be on Workwatch.

Since I finished Blood and Wine I'm going to dip back into Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls while playing Overwatch. A buddy of mine is going to see Warcraft with me tonight at the theaters.

It's hot as hell outside, bit it seems like it's a Blizzard weekend for me.

Roadhog doesn't have armor and no mobility skills so he is an easy target for a lot of players. I check him up as Soldier, where Reinhart and Zarya have shields, Winstons always jump around, and Dva just eats my shots.

I hated him when I played as Mei because she doesn't have a lot of high damage burst against him and he never stayed frozen long enough to do anything with.

As a damaging class though? I love enemy Roadhogs.

aeolist

Banned
You telling me that map knowledge and character familiarity has no relation to "skill"? Let alone knowing even the basic game mechanics.

no i'm saying that none of that directly relates to player level. i've played with prestiged accounts who were shit and level 15s who were better than me.

R0ckman

I think he should be punished more for trying to do a last ditch heal in losing duel. It basically just gives him an additional several hundred health in a short cool down, the point of taking a breather is to go somewhere safe and take a break. Shooting him constantly as he is healing should make him start coughing or something.

I've been ignoring widowmaker since I don't really like the character, I really shouldn't. Even being super rusty with sniping and only a few games with her I've done pretty good, so with a good bit of practice it might be pretty nasty.

i usually never play sniper on any game because i'm not good at picking out where people will go so i'm only decent on non moving target.

but for some odd reason i can snipe the shit out of people with mei since i don't have to rely on a scope.

but LOL I play widow like she's a fucking tank. i gotta stay in the back.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

umm.. because this IS a fixed roadhog.. late beta he was fucking awful. now he's a tank who can be brutal close up, but also has a huge hitbox for spread shots from D.Va, Reaper, etc, is all hit points (no shields or armor), and his ultimate is slow to charge and is easy to interrupt (6s)

He's slow and a big target. Widowmakers see him coming a mile away and there's not much he can do about it.

Even with the big health, a 1-on-1 confrontation with a Pharah, a McCree, a Genji, or a host of other characters when played well won't end well for him.

Mupod

I accidentally clicked on the Jimquisition thread thinking it was this thread and wondered if it had just hit stupid o'clock or something.

I feel like an unstoppable mlg pro sniper when I pick Widow and go unchallenged. Enemy team finds out what it's like to never have a healer the entire match. Then I try to do it with a team that can't hold the line for 3 seconds and an enemy Widow that has spent 80+ hours on that character alone, not quite as fun.

It's obnoxious going up against a sniper that only wants to play the sniper vs sniper game and is only ever looking for you. I think I'm failing at my job if their Mercy is alive long enough to even play the game. But as soon as you look down that other guy's respawned and is after you, butthurt about being headshotted the last time. It gets stressful and tiresome.

aeolist

Banned
What percentage of players are pro?

you are missing the point. there are low level players who suck and low level players who are awesome for lots of different reasons. losing a game in which you were matched with low level people is not indicative of an evil blizzard algorithm trying to ruin your winrate.

Ardenyal

you are missing the point. there are low level players who suck and low level players who are awesome for lots of different reasons. losing a game in which you were matched with low level people is not indicative of an evil blizzard algorithm trying to ruin your winrate.

Good gunplay doesn't matter when you don't stand on the payload. It only leads to the dumbass flanker teams playing TDM which loses games.

I accidentally clicked on the Jimquisition thread thinking it was this thread and wondered if it had just hit stupid o'clock or something.

That thread is a depressing read. I have to actively slap my hands to stop myself from typing a vapid response to some of these criticisms :(

Ferrio

Banned

I feel like an unstoppable mlg pro sniper when I pick Widow and go unchallenged. Enemy team finds out what it's like to never have a healer the entire match. Then I try to do it with a team that can't hold the line for 3 seconds and an enemy Widow that has spent 80+ hours on that character alone, not quite as fun.

It's obnoxious going up against a sniper that only wants to play the sniper vs sniper game and is only ever looking for you. I think I'm failing at my job if their Mercy is alive long enough to even play the game. But as soon as you look down that other guy's respawned and is after you, butthurt about being headshotted the last time. It gets stressful and tiresome.

My favorite part of sniper in TF/TF2 is making people try and counter me, so I'm pleased so far with the other team's reaction when playing Widowmaker. Starting to get good with the grappling hook jukes.

eek5

On one hand, yeah it certainly helps but only to a certain level. I know hero counters, hero abilities, how much dmg skills do, how much healing skills do, I know all the maps and game mechanics but I'm still pure garbage at this game and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

aeolist

Banned
Good gunplay doesn't matter when you don't stand on the payload. It only leads to the dumbass flanker teams playing TDM which loses games.

ok? that also has nothing to do with player level.

overwatch is not conspiring to keep you at a 50% winrate. that is a natural consequence of a mmr-based game system, the only way you will ever keep a higher winrate in games like this long-term is if you are in the very top echelon of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom