• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.O.O.M

So how do u even report players on overwatch PS4? Had a guy who called his teammates a certain 'term' that should not be acceptable no matter what the situation is because the team lost. And to top it off he sucked ass himself! But how can u even report such a player? I can't seem to find a way to do so and it feels like a huge oversight (no pun intended)

Had a Lucio push an enemy McCree off the map during High Noon.

IT'S HIGH NOO-UUHHHHHHHhh lmao

Dang I want to do that. I have pushed Reapers during their die die ult off the edge/into the well, twice now. It's glorious

Have the map developers ever explained why they think Dustbowl and Goldrush were the pinnacle of great map design? Because pretty much every non-KotH map in this game is Dustbowl or Goldrush.

Torokil

Have the map developers ever explained why they think Dustbowl and Goldrush were the pinnacle of great map design? Because pretty much every non-KotH map in this game is Dustbowl.

What maps in OW are like Dustbowl? Dustbowl has a ton of various side tunnels to go through. OW maps are designed to force the players into head on situations.

TirMcGrey

I don't use Mei often but with all of these at once, I think my RNG is used up for a few dozen levels.
C4BECCC8D43069994EA0B39B7C798492E8E1DD85

Rocketz

I hooked a Reaper the other day with Roadhog just as he was going into is alt and dropped him into the pit on Nepal at the Sanctum point.

It's my new favorite thing to do is just hook people on that control point and let them fall to their death.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I hooked a Reaper the other day with Roadhog just as he was going into is alt and dropped him into the pit on Nepal at the Sanctum point.

It's my new favorite thing to do is just hook people on that control point and let them fall to their death.

It's the best.

Don't do it to a dva, pharrah or lucio though.

SugarDave

There's always one person crying in chat, isn't there? Highlight tonight was one person going on about me needing to get a life because I wrecked him... despite him being 20 levels above me :^)

I had a moment where I was less than 30 HP with Roadhog and decided to jump off the edge and hook their tank with me. Felt great. Not like it's a perfect play or anything, but I felt really pleased of how I made the best out of a bad situation.

What maps in OW are like Dustbowl? Dustbowl has a ton of various side tunnels to go through. OW maps are designed to force the players into head on situations.

Look at all those various side tunnels.

When I think of Dustbowl or Goldrush, I think of:

- Chokepoints with no flanking routes
- Spawns located way too close to last point
- Marathon spawn walks on offense
- Hilariously long sniper lanes

When I think of Overwatch, I think of:

- Chokepoints with no flanking routes
- Spawns located way too close to last point
- Marathon spawn walks on offense
- Hilariously long sniper lanes

I really hope Overwatch gets more maps like Gorge, or Gravel Pit, or Steel, or Lakeside, or Mannpower, or Upward, or Badwater, or Badlands. Because all I see now is Dustbowl, Goldrush, and Hoodoo.

nbraun80

What it says on the tin. I think its a way for the players to send more statistics to blizzard and if they pick up certain patterns in the ratings they might make adjustments to the game based on the info.
it just seems like a silly thing to me, how can they gain and real statistic off it? I don't even know what the hell I'm rating. lol Is it the particular map, game mode, server quality, matchmaking quality, team mates, etc.

Kurita

It's kinda dumb that we can't shoot Mei's ult little robot to avoid it. I mean you can shoot Junkrat's ult, why not this one?

Or maybe you can and I just have poor aim.

Gator86

Everyone wanna play hanzo genji tracer or other dps character. So i play lucio and have more kills than them... [Reaper's emote clap clap]

Basically. You wind up with 5 people playing attackers. Motherfuckers can't get a kill to save their lives. Luckily, one if the Genjis is constantly screaming "group up on me" to give you some helpful advice.

scottnak

Had an interesting experience today.
Did the random brawl event where everyone randomly gets picked a character at the start & each death...

We ALL decided to start off with Mercy (and cue mercy puns) on the preselect screen before the game starts.

Of course when the game actually starts it randomizes the character right?

... game starts with 5 Mercy 1 Widowmaker.

DeSo

Banned
No support I can get, no tanks is always bizarre to me. Roadhog/hammerman are basically my comfort food.
Yeah Roadhog is probably my go-to if I'm not sure what to play. But I usually end up playing Mercy because of the lack of people wanting to fill that support role.

lmao

I got legendary currency last level, now have enough to buy a legendary skin. Not sure what to get though...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No support I can get, no tanks is always bizarre to me. Roadhog/hammerman are basically my comfort food.

No matter how much I enjoy a tank, the enjoyment diminishes when I have to play them EVERY round to complement Tracer, Widowmaker, Hanzo, and Genji

MihowZa

Banned
It's kinda dumb that we can't shoot Mei's ult little robot to avoid it. I mean you can shoot Junkrat's ult, why not this one?

You can't. I imagine it's because it's stationary. I hate her ( she's awesome ! )

StayDead

Brought a few more crates (second lot of 24) the other day, got the second Lucio hockey skin and a bunch of highlight intros/emotes and got myself up to 2000 gold. Brought Ra Zenyatta and Young Genji. No regrets.

Yaari

So far this is my only legendary(?) skin. I like it but I'm not good with Lucio unfortunately. I like being a healer and I'm good at killing, but when its mixed like with Lucio, I'm not doing too great at either of them. If that makes sense, lol.

Zemm

Just watching maximilian's stream (big fighting game streamer) and he just said this game has the best character roster since Street Fighter 2. I didn't even think about it before but I think that's true.

Jb

Yeah it's a little inconsistent with how the rest of the game is where you can destroy a character's "creation" (Symmetra's turrets/teleporter, Junkrat's ult...).

TheYanger

Yeah it's a little inconsistent with how the rest of the game is where you can destroy a character's "creation" (Symmetra's turrets/teleporter, Junkrat's ult...).

How so? literally the only ults that you can kill are Symmetra and Junkrats. If you couldn't kill those they'd be OP as fuck. Mei's isa nnoying but it doesn't inherently do much compared to similar ults. I mean, a junkrat tire is literally a drivable/flankable mobile compressed dps reaper ult without any risk to the user.

Lupercal

Banned
What's the best offense against the 5-6 dwarf teams on like Dorado?

2 Reinhardts for the push, a junkrat (2 if you have 2 good ones) Lucio and another dps/tanky.

Soldier does a good job, roadhogg as well.
All depends on timing and whether or not they all pop their ults.

balohna

Doesn't matter really, but I'm slightly salty that I had gold on my team for eliminations, damage and objective kills as D. Va and got fewer votes at the end than the McCree on my team. His card called him out for 20 eliminations, I had 21. Also silver for objective time. It's like the damage number doesn't click with people, which I guess is fair. It does also give a percentage of kill participation though, which I think I had 24% on.

We did lose though (close game), so someone on the other team actually got the most votes overall.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy crap, went on an absolutely beast run with zarya in koth. Really got into a rhythm with her.

What does she say when she ults though? Going for the toddler steel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom