• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one gold rush...
wolfenstein enemy territory's

WET_GoldRush.PNG

This reminds me, they need a map and mode like goldrush. Starts as control (well, repair the vehicle in W:ET). Then it is payload. Then it is retrieve objective and deliver to payload (it's a second payload in goldrush). Lastly, it's then payload again til you win. The main part is mixing in the steal the gold part and load on the payload.

I really wonder about how they'll mix in more objective types considering the wide cast of characters. I'm sure they can figure out a way to balance out capture the flag, for example.

Jb

How so? literally the only ults that you can kill are Symmetra and Junkrats. If you couldn't kill those they'd be OP as fuck. Mei's isa nnoying but it doesn't inherently do much compared to similar ults. I mean, a junkrat tire is literally a drivable/flankable mobile compressed dps reaper ult without any risk to the user.

I guess that's true. Mei's not that dangerous and it'd be pretty useless if anyone could shoot it down when they got caught in it.

kagamin

I want to get a D.Va POTG by killing someone by summoning a MEKA, I've done it twice now but I've yet to get a POTG for it. :p

StayDead

WET_GoldRush.PNG

This reminds me, they need a map and mode like goldrush. Starts as control (well, repair the vehicle in W:ET). Then it is payload. Then it is retrieve objective and deliver to payload (it's a second payload in goldrush). Lastly, it's then payload again til you win. The main part is mixing in the steal the gold part and load on the payload.

I really wonder about how they'll mix in more objective types considering the wide cast of characters. I'm sure they can figure out a way to balance out capture the flag, for example.

Wolfenstien Enemy Territory was one of my most played games ever.

SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD.

ownuaxp.png

If you can't tell, I don't really like playing as any of the offense heroes :p. I usually fall back to Junkrat when we need more damage instead.

TheYanger

UcgDx7G.png

I'm surprised Pharah is still on top. I feel like I rarely play her. shrug. Ironically, my worst winrate with anyone I play remotely often is McCree. By a LOT.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
BLRmW2R.png

Try to keep it somewhat balanced, I guess. Roadhog and Lucio are most played by a decent bit and have my highest winrate(aside from Symmetra) which feels good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When you playing tank and the support talks about a thankless job while you're saving the team with barriers and the healer gets all the commendations at the end by default

When you playing tank and the support talks about a thankless job while you're saving the team with barriers and the healer gets all the commendations at the end by default

Tank life may be in fact more underappreciated, a good Winston game possibly being the peak of unsung hero.

gevMhw1.png

NIN90

WET_GoldRush.PNG

Why is Bridge so ehh in DB? :(

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I've been getting into Reaper and Zarya lately. Especially on KotH. Reaper flanking during team fights is absolutely disgusting. You're basically the clean-up guy.

Zarya at 100 energy is pretty self explanatory.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting back into the groove of this game, won every game I played today. Feels good.

I'm really excited to pick up a 144hz monitor in the next month or two; I really want to see how Overwatch plays at high framerates. I bet it feels really fluid.

I find Winston to be an awful "tank". Very good harasser though, like Tracer.

I wouldn't say awful as he isn't a traditional tank but he does a good job diverting attention away from the weak flanking DPS players like Tracer and Genji, his shield does need a slight boost in my opinion (either higher health or quicker recharge) to make him a better Tank in those positions. But he is a great flanker himself getting behind lines and forcing defending teams to divert their attention.

I was doing defense on Numbani and I set up a bunch of turrets in that room next to the first checkpoint where the health pack is. I'm in there and I see 2 Roadhogs coming through and as I'm trying to escape a friendly Mei walls me in there with them.

Thanks Mei

Zoracka

KLI4GX3.png

Pharah is usually my go-to DPS. I've started to really like Soldier 76 as well.

My most played hero is Roadhog though. He's a beast if you use can aim his hook properly (Quick tip: When successfully hooking, shoot and then immediately use your melee attack. You can shoot and melee instantly, killing most heroes).. I don't know how many times I've hooked Junkrat's tire or stopped Reaper's death blossom with it. I never really played him during the beta, but so far he is my favorite tank. I've started to use Reinhardt or Winston as well when it makes sense.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was doing defense on Numbani and I set up a bunch of turrets in that room next to the first checkpoint where the health pack is. I'm in there and I see 2 Roadhogs coming through and as I'm trying to escape a friendly Mei walls me in there with them.

Thanks Mei

Mei on your own team is Zary'as counter pick
KLI4GX3.png

Pharah is usually my go-to DPS. I've started to really like Soldier 76 as well.

My most played hero is Roadhog though. He's a beast if you use can aim his hook properly (Quick tip: When successfully hooking, shoot and then immediately use your melee attack. You can shoot and melee instantly, killing most heroes).. I don't know how many times I've hooked Junkrat's tire or stopped Reaper's death blossom with it. I never really played him during the beta, but so far he is my favorite tank. I've started to use Reinhardt or Winston as well when it makes sense.

You can actually m2, hook, m1, melee as Roadhog

Zemm

I just can't play this game with randoms, there were 3 of us in a group and we had a good genji, then some terrible genji switches to the class, then we had two randoms go symettra on attack. It's like 90% of randoms don't even understand basic group composition.

Also they need to remove Hanamura from the game, what a piece of shit map that is.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Cause you caught the fever friend. Now ready your wallet cause you are gonna buy 50 loot boxes next.

I can't buy crates, actually. On PC. I'm guessing I have to enter payment info in some submenu, but I didn't see it at first glance in settings. I didn't dig too hard though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom