• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Dammit, it disconnected me from the server twice in a row and I've already got the leavers penalty warning. I've played dozens of full games and only two "leaves" and I'm on the list.

Grief.exe

I've been picking Widow a lot lately. And losing a lot too lol.

I don't get it though. I am getting a couple of medals every game and I am proactively pushing payloads and defending points. I don't just hang back and snipe all the time.

EDIT: Just picked Widow again. Of course the game where I get no medal at all, we steamroll them. WTF

Could also be your team comp. Widow is one of the best characters in the game on PC right now.

I didn't know that shooting someone's head doubles damage. Either the tutorial didn't mention this or I forgot.

Just FPS things.

Edwardo

Got enough gold dubloons for another legendary skin. I'm thinking Ra for Zenyatta. I was going to go with one of the mariachi ones for Reaper, but I've been playing a ton of Zenyatta lately.

Dammit, it disconnected me from the server twice in a row and I've already got the leavers penalty warning. I've played dozens of full games and only two "leaves" and I'm on the list.
The leave penalty should probably be a little altered. Perhaps allow for more leaves but a harsher penalty once you pass that threshold.

7hgvEb0.png

I know I play way too much Pharah, but I do so well with her.

arimanius

Wish there was a "Get on the fucking objective!" voice command.

I never talk but when I get frustrated enough to I always take a passive aggressive approach. Lol

"Why am I the only one on point?"
"Payload would go faster if it just wasn't me"
"Why is the healer(me) the only one pushing the payload?"

It is so satisfying to ride the payload as Reinhardt with your shields up. Half the time, the opposing team is completely clueless about what to do - it's like we activated some sort of cheat code and they all just stand there and look.

I also derive immense pleasure from sniping Torbjorn's turrets with Fire Strike, and generally trolling people as they peek. Oh, you thought you were going to join the fight? Why don't you just retreat for a health pack instead while the payload keeps moving.

Zemm

I wish there were player hosted dedicated servers. The game would be so much better with a GAF server where people could come and go, with team shuffle so games are as balanced as possible, and where certain maps can be banned, maybe a class limit, and so on. You know, like most online FPS games released on PC nowadays.

Nottle

I need to do some practice matches with McCree, Hanzo, and Tracer. I feel like they are the only characters I don't know how to play effectively. Also I need to learn better symmetra turret placement.

Any tips for how I should play these characters?

Auctopus

I've been tea bagged once in is game. And yep it was by a McCree after I had killed his team a few times with bastion.

I got chased down as Mercy by Reaper. It was about a minute before he finally killed me then messaged me saying "How do you like that, Bitch?"

Some people just have too much aggression to get out?

terrible

Banned
I never talk but when I get frustrated enough to I always take a passive aggressive approach. Lol

I did one of those yesterday. I had to do everything myself and it obviously wasn't working out great. With like a minute left before the timer was set to run out I said:

"So am I going to be the the only one trying to cap?"

Everyone went for the objective and we eventually won. Felt good.

I need to do some practice matches with McCree, Hanzo, and Tracer. I feel like they are the only characters I don't know how to play effectively. Also I need to learn better symmetra turret placement.

For Tracer, you pretty much always want to be flanking or going around the enemy team. Just get behind them and unload on their heads for huge damage and blink/recall when they start shooting unless you're really confident you'll take them out. She shreds through squishy characters so she's great at killing supports. She can do nice damage on tanks too. Roadhog is a nice target since she can build ult off him quickly.

Be conservative with your skills, as you really don't want to be caught without them. Get to know your surroundings and only use blink multiple times in a row if you really need to. Save recall for when you're on the brink of death or just a bad situation.

Izayoi

Banned

Hanzo is a mystery for me, but McSkill is easy:

Flash Bang -> Fan the Hammer -> Roll -> Fan the Hammer

Any character in the game dead from full health in a second. Zzzz...

Tracer is way more interesting, and it's really a matter of feeling out your blinks. You will blink in whichever direction you are traveling, not facing. I would play some AI matches to get a handle on them. You can also blink in, ult, and then rewind out for added hilarity.

Instro

I wish there were player hosted dedicated servers. The game would be so much better with a GAF server where people could come and go, with team shuffle so games are as balanced as possible, and where certain maps can be banned, maybe a class limit, and so on. You know, like most online FPS games released on PC nowadays.

I agree. It's a bummer, and I feel that this game won't have as much longevity with me personally because of this.

Rad-

I love it when I'm playing Mercy and nobody is pushing the cart so I have to. Yeah thanks team make the hero with charged res ult be the first target to enemies...

arimanius

i always expect to get teabagged when i get killed by either a bastion or soldier 76

Would be funny to see bastion change out of turret mode just to teabag. Lol

I love it when I'm playing Mercy and nobody is pushing the cart so I have to. Yeah thanks team make the hero with charged res ult be the first target to enemies...

I've quit playing mercy in solo queues. Just not worth the aggravation.

For Symmetra turret placement, things you want to consider.

1: Behind cover so it won't be noticed initially
2: Not too close to the door opening or corner if possible to avoid it getting destroyed by aoes, turret range is decent so it doesn't need to be so close to doorways
3: Turrets are garbage solo, so always keep a few together targetting a specific area. The turrets themselves don't need to be close to gether, but they all should cover a specific zone. Unless you're going offensive
4: Also try to keep turrets high off the ground, keeps them from being destroyed by the plethora of ground based attacks.
5: Always try to have 6 turrets deployed, preferably in high conflict areas.
6: Offensive Symmetras can also use turrets for ambushing as you can deploy them around corners. Can also place them while jumping around. If you get into a firefight drop turrets if possible right on the ground if you have a chance
7: If things get frantic, don't worry about turret placement and just deploy them. If both teams are contesting a point no one is focused on turrets. Just get them on the walls or ceilings. Preferably though try to get the turrets covering the routes where the enemy is coming from.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Savitar

Pretty sure I was terrifying one Mercy for the last two games, it was the same person and no matter what I came at them. Sneak attacks, porting behind them, what have you. Killed them a few times and eventually noticed they started to be guarded more but that didn't make me change, still came on.

Felt kinda like a slasher moment.

hydruxo

It's been like two weeks since I've gotten a legendary skin. Level 31 and the only one I've gotten is Lionhardt lmao. This game hates me.

Jintor

It is so satisfying to ride the payload as Reinhardt with your shields up. Half the time, the opposing team is completely clueless about what to do - it's like we activated some sort of cheat code and they all just stand there and look.

I was fighting a Reinhardt and Bastion combo that were just sitting on the cart while my team was engaging the mobile assault force. Thankfully the Reinhardt was really bad at relocating so I could harass them with rockets... but he had an ultimate ready so when I was forced to land right next to the payload to tr and get out of the Bastion's arc of fire, the goddamn Ultimate hit me even though he didn't actually strike the ground... ;__;

Zemm

I agree. It's a bummer, and I feel that this game won't have as much longevity with me personally because of this.

The reason I played TF2 for like 5-6 years is because I played on one server where I knew 90% of the people. It's just more fun playing with and against people you know.

X-Frame

Zenyetta is just so much fun to play, Offense or Defense. I'm on PS4 so I'm sure the lack of [good] Widow's help too.

Any buff to him will be wonderful as well.

RMI

Banned
Playing Mercy is so frustrating holy shit.

play zenyatta. his damage output is really high for a support character and his ultimate is a pretty effective panic button and team heal.

alternatively play Lucio.

I gave up on Mercy early on because the people I was healing couldn't reliably win 1v1 fights while getting a constant stream of heals, so what is the point?

oh god. there was a troll on the team spamming the voice line and then using mei's ice wall to block us. had to do a quick leave on that shit.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So the most reliable way to win on anubis as attack is to have a lucio and a mei and as soon as you cap A you have to speed boost into B kill people who are still spawning as they trickle in and then ice wall the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom