• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
And prepare to be just as frustrated when you die really easily.

I only find his low health to be an issue when there is a competent widowmaker on the other team. even then just stay out of their LOS, and stay in the back row of your team just chucking harmony and discord orbs, and constantly firing a stream of projectiles.

in any case it's better than playing mercy for a sucky team.

Ugh, I've been playing Mercy and Lucio a lot lately as I need a break from my D.Va. I'm getting so sick of people who just stand there spamming the X I need heals key. I'm doing the best I can ffs.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy hell, for some reason I'm getting serious lag right now.

Anyone from australia getting the same? I checked my processes and when I play overwatch it's the only thing taking up bandwidth.

wamberz1

I only find his low health to be an issue when there is a competent widowmaker on the other team. .

Which there ALWAYS is on pc :(
It's so damn hard to deal with, show your face for a split second and BAM
That's why I always do a little dance when a torb gives me armor, because now I can actually survive a single bodyshot

Grisby

Yeah the worst part about playing mercy is that it gives you front row seats to finding out how awful your teammates are.
On the flip side you can really feel like you're the backbone of your team when you drag them through the objectives with your healing.

However, doing an awesome raise and then watching your idiotic teammates die in a matter of seconds suuuuuuuucks.

all Rein had to do was hold his shield up while on the payload. what does he do with like 3 seconds left? let's charge instead. the fuck was he thinking

Game is starting to grow on me more.

Except it seems the range of games I'm getting now - all 5 others autolock snipers or offense heroes, leaving me to pick support or tank. I don't mind playing either, as long as there is someone picking up the other missing component.

Last 2 days of games have all been like this.

Also, no one appreciates my Zenyatta + healer dual support meta anymore : (

Kiro

All right. Fuck the achievements. 9 hours of Dva and no ult quad kill. I hate her and it is ruining the game for me.

Love Lijiang Tower with Lucio. So far I've blasted an Ulting Bastion and an Ulting McCree into the endless pits on top of all the other blasts.

"It's high no- AHHHHHH!!"

RMI

Banned
Which there ALWAYS is on pc :(
It's so damn hard to deal with, show your face for a split second and BAM
That's why I always do a little dance when a torb gives me armor, because now I can actually survive a single bodyshot

Yes torb is a huge bonus for zenyatta.

I guess i don't suffer at the hands of widowmakers so much because I'm usually playing defense with Zenyatta. Trying to attack with Zenyatta hasn't gone well for me because of the low health so I usually pick a different character. Lately it's Winston.

Apathy

How so? literally the only ults that you can kill are Symmetra and Junkrats. If you couldn't kill those they'd be OP as fuck. Mei's isa nnoying but it doesn't inherently do much compared to similar ults. I mean, a junkrat tire is literally a drivable/flankable mobile compressed dps reaper ult without any risk to the user.

There is risk to the user. You need to find a spot where you'll be safe because you're defenceless while using it. At 100 health and being loud as fuck it's the easiest thing to avoid or kill unless you're really bad

Xyber

All right. Fuck the achievements. 9 hours of Dva and no ult quad kill. I hate her and it is ruining the game for me.

Achievements were a mistake. Nothing but trash.

Why even bother spending so much time for a silly spray

Love Lijiang Tower with Lucio. So far I've blasted an Ulting Bastion and an Ulting McCree into the endless pits on top of all the other blasts.

"It's high no- AHHHHHH!!"

Ilios is the funniest map in the game for Lucio. Managed to get a six Lucio fun match on PS4 without any co-ordination. It was amazing.

Antiwhippy

Could wait for her buff and then go for it.

Her buff isn't going to be on her ult.

Her ult is fine. Clears an area, gets rids of encampments, couple of kills here and there, plus you get a new fully healthed up mech. You can essentially have 1000 health (more when you consider armour damage mitigation) if you have her ult, and continue on if you keep building it. If only her front hitbox isn't so big though.

Support in general is frustrating: people play like they've been recently lobotomized and blame you for their shortcomings. You take a point or try to push a payload and everyone else tiptoes somewhere behind like there's a rattlesnake attached to you.

Watching death cam footage of twitching Hanzo doing his best not to touch a point or payload us getting to me

Grief.exe

Let's be honest with ourselves. D.Va is only played because she's waifubait.

I've never seen a D.Va have a large effect on the game.

Tracer is such a joy to play. Show up, attack some dudes until you get hit, use your motherfucking Undo button, dash back and come back in once your cooldown is over. Occasionally fuck shit up with your bomb

Rad-

I really don't like Zenyetta except when I get a tank heavy team. I feel like everything kills you in one second without shielding. But with Reinhardt and Zarya Zen turns into a dps monster.

Jintor

like winston d.va's utility is more in distracting fools from weird corners of attack. unlike winston she can't take more than about 4 seconds of someone looking at her funny

VICI0US

Playing Mercy is so frustrating holy shit.

yeah, you're painting a huge target on yourself vs a competent team, everyone will be gunning for you.

if you haven't already turn off the option that makes your "shift" ability prefer the target you're healing that way you can escape to anyone. you'll need all the mobility you can get.

Antiwhippy

Got lots of gold medals on objective time and objective eliminations as d.va. :shrug:

Though I know my team is really bad when I get gold in overall eliminations too. :lol

I'm a weak, weak man. My computer is apparently going to be in the shop for a while (repair tech wouldn't even give me a timeframe), so I bought the game again on PS4. Taking a little bit to get used to using a controller instead of M/KB (how in the heck are you supposed to even USE Pharah with the jump/hover key bound to X, seriously?), but I guess the help of auto-aim has really improved my Soldier: 76 game, which was dire on PC. Plus since my rank is starting over, I get to play against a bunch of scrubs, so I get to feel pretty awesome, for a little while at least. :)

peakish

There could definitely be some more voice commands.
There needs to be a GOGOGO command. Even when most players wait outside of the combat area after spamming ULTIMATE READY it's pretty awkward to get everyone to jump in at the correct moment.

Grief.exe

I'm a weak, weak man. My computer is apparently going to be in the shop for a while (repair tech wouldn't even give me a timeframe), so I bought the game again on PS4. Taking a little bit to get used to using a controller instead of M/KB (how in the heck are you supposed to even USE Pharah with the jump/hover key bound to X, seriously?), but I guess the help of auto-aim has really improved my Soldier: 76 game, which was dire on PC. Plus since my rank is starting over, I get to play against a bunch of scrubs, so I get to feel pretty awesome, for a little while at least. :)

I think they call it bumper jumper controls. Basically move jump to the bumpers so you always have your fingers on the sticks.

Soldier 76 is borderline OP on PC due to mouse aim.

darklin0

Banned
like winston d.va's utility is more in distracting fools from weird corners of attack. unlike winston she can't take more than about 4 seconds of someone looking at her funny
Yup. I went up against a Tracer D.Va combo once, they were in group and it was so god damn frustratingly good. The D.Va would pop up behind you, pepper you, and when you were distracted with her, the Tracer popped in and melted you. When they where done, they both ran for the Hills to regroup and come back to flank someone else.

I hope no one else figures out this strategy.

Antiwhippy

I find it pretty hard to survive as winston honestly. I jump in to distract them but then they all shoot at me. Sure my teammate pick them off while they're focused on me but I'm usually dead by then.

kromeo

I really don't like Zenyetta except when I get a tank heavy team. I feel like everything kills you in one second without shielding. But with Reinhardt and Zarya Zen turns into a dps monster.

I'll use him but I change as soon as I see a widowmaker on the other team
which is every game

You can rebind all the inputs per character. I have Phara/Lucio/Genji jump as L1. I personally have quite a lot of difficulty due to the forced auto-aim I have always turned it off and like high sensitivity so when it locks on and I want to pull to a Mercy rather than a tank character when it flits from the sticky auto-aim to standard aim it moves way too quick as you have to over compensate the stick to disengage it. Really not doing well at adjusting.

Alex

play zenyatta. his damage output is really high for a support character and his ultimate is a pretty effective panic button and team heal.

alternatively play Lucio.

I gave up on Mercy early on because the people I was healing couldn't reliably win 1v1 fights while getting a constant stream of heals, so what is the point?

Mercy is my favorite but I don't really gravitate towards her unless I'm duo queued or the comp makes sense. Alternatively: we have a high level Pharah, which I adore having as Mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom