• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Junkrat's ult is fucking horseshit. I'm so sick of being killed by it as Lucio when there's almost nothing I can do.

My thought is I feel like there's just too much control of it.
Isn't Blizzard supposed to be buffing D.Va as well?

After McCree nerf.
Either her suitability, or her damage, but not both. I'm hoping the former.

Also maybe amp up her ult rate. I just feel she charges it slower than others (and on Payload maps it can be easily avoided thanks to the Payload itself)

Hagi

Junkrat's ult is fucking horseshit. I'm so sick of being killed by it as Lucio when there's almost nothing I can do.

You can shoot it? run away? You have almost the same options has anyone else when it comes to dealing with his Ult. As soon as I hear the call I clear out t somewhere where I can get a good view of where it's coming from.

My thought is I feel like there's just too much control of it..

I'm not really sure if it needs adjusting but I don't really play as Junkrat.

I'm a fan of this one too

600px-Reinhardt_Skin_Paragon.jpg

I think all the heroes deserve a white and gold skin

600px-Tracer_Skin_Posh.jpg

You can shoot it? run away? You have almost the same options has anyone else when it comes to dealing with his Ult. As soon as I hear the call I clear out t somewhere where I can get a good view of where it's coming from.
You really don't because as Lucio you're frequently down in the thick of the battle healing people. Even when you try to get away by jumping on walls or running, I'm almost always caught by a good Junkrat's ult. Lucio's weapon also feels too slow, weak and it's not hits can so its really hard to shoot it beforehand. I mostly feel like the explosion radius is too big.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
You really don't because as Lucio you're frequently down in the thick of the battle healing people. Even when you try to get away by jumping on walls or running, I'm almost always caught by a good Junkrat's ult. Lucio's weapon also feels too slow, weak and it's not hits can so its really hard to shoot it beforehand. I mostly feel like the explosion radius is too big.
Just speed boost away or use your ult.

Lawd, we're onto Junkrat nerfs now. Is no one safe?!

Hagi

You really don't because as Lucio you're frequently down in the thick of the battle healing people. Even when you try to get away by jumping on walls or running, I'm almost always caught by a good Junkrat's ult. I mostly feel like the explosion radius is too big.

Every time I get killed by it is because the team is too grouped together on the payload and aren't paying attention. It's a tricky one for sure because a good Junkrat would probably wait till everyone is close to launch it.

I can't really speak to how balanced Junkrat is because I think I've played him like twice.

If you hear a junkrat ult you need to get to a point where the tire cannot go...The ult is probably designed to counter hard to kill characters like lucio...

It doesn't need a nerf. Junkrat is high damage low survivability character with an extremely vulnerable ult(no character control).

matmanx1

https://overwatchtracker.com/heroes

Break down of win percentages for each hero. Not a tier list, but interesting how it breaks out. Mercy is usually a liability.

Eh, take out the top two and the list is only a 10% difference from top to bottom. That means 1 game in 10 it would actually make a meaningful difference. I don't call that an especially large difference.

She's the easiest support to play according to Blizzard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I definitely do not agree. It's so easy to just get pancaked and bodied while playing Mercy and you have to know who to heal and when and also where to stand for maximum impact. I think she's more difficult than both Lucio and Zenyatta tbh and maybe tied with Symmetra.

Haha, hilarious.

S rank: McCree, Widowmaker, Tracer, Mercy, Lucio, Reinhardt, Reaper, Pharah, Junkrat
A rank: Winston, Soldier 76, Mei, Genji, Hanzo, Roadhog, Symmetra, Zarya
B rank: D.Va, Zenyatta, Torbjorn
C rank: Bastion

I've thought about this list some more and think Zarya should be bumped up to an S rank. She has a ton of sustain, can shield ulting teammates, has high DPS and one of the best ultimates. That, and I recently discovered how mobile she can be by shooting herself with her right click, making her much more mobile.

I also have no idea why I put Genji as an A rank, he's just as mobile and bursty as Tracer. My list would end up looking more like...

S+ rank: McCree, Widowmaker
S rank: Tracer, Mercy, Lucio, Reinhardt, Reaper, Pharah, Junkrat, Zarya, Genji
A rank: Winston, Soldier 76, Mei, Hanzo, Roadhog, Symmetra
B rank: D.Va, Zenyatta, Torbjorn
C rank: Bastion

Once McCree and Widow get tweaked a bit, they'll be back in S rank. They're just too good at what they do right now, though the meta might shift after the balance changes. Dual Tracers will probably be the new dual McCrees.

The game is balanced incredibly well, all things considered.

Ugh, I've been playing Mercy and Lucio a lot lately as I need a break from my D.Va. I'm getting so sick of people who just stand there spamming the X I need heals key. I'm doing the best I can ffs.
Playing healer/support is such a thankless job the majority of the time. I make sure to thanks the healers when they help me out just as a sign of appreciation.

Bliddo

Never really played Symmetra, and I'm going to rectify this.
She is a lot of fun in defense, the traps can be sneaky and deadly, the teleporter is a godsend and the charged shot is pretty powerful.

spiritfox

Never really played Symmetra, and I'm going to rectify this.
She is a lot of fun in defense, the traps can be sneaky and deadly, the teleporter is a godsend and the charged shot is pretty powerful.

I love charging into the enemy with her primary. It hits surprisingly hard and they can't hit her cause she's so small.

Xeteh

How much damage does Genji do with his dash? I feel like I always expect it to finish someone and it does fuck all.

I think one of the reasons I'm so addicted to this game is because I despise maining and like playing as many characters as possible when it comes to fighting/multiplayer games. I have like 20 characters I play as in Smash Bros, and jump around in Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat. The switching characters and getting good with everyone that is key to this game feeds directly into how I usually play these types of games, and is actually encouraged over maining.

I pretty much have a character for every situation now and it's fun as hell.

Kito

Love Symmetra duos in solo queue. More often than not, turrets are synchronised, all health packs and doorways locked, shields for eachother. Two teleporters keeping Tracers busy. Winston is a nightmare, but I've discovered that with some Torb armour I can win against him in beam duals.

always aim for foot if you can't hit the head

Why?

balohna

Not true IMO she has favourable match ups against top tier picks like Widow, Mercy and Winston. Just she gets dominated by McCree and Soldier so hard that it isn't even funny.

I play D.Va and only really have trouble with other tanks, but I can usually at least outrun them. Particularly Roadhog, but a good Winston will annoy me. Mei and Bastion also give me trouble, though I can usually at least kill Bastion if I'm okay with also dying. Avoid Reaper, but it's okay he can't really keep up.

McCree and Soldier aren't too bad, Soldier in particular almost never gives me trouble.

She's also great at countering Hanzo or Torb or Junkrat if you can catch them alone, and I often have epic duels with Lucios and Tracers and Pharahs that feel pretty equal. Basically, if you can get he jump on a squishy character and get some hits in you can do well. Considering you can fly, it's very doable. If they aren't squishy... well, you're a good distraction for your team.

Also, losing the mech can be a good thing in the right situation. Sacrifice it for some damage or a crucial kill, then back off and get some headshots.

I basically only play d.Va now that I have all of the locations of the health kits memorized. I boost to the front lines and then boost back and forth between the nearby kits, healing myself, denying them from the other team, taking out injured enemies looking for the kits, and protecting my team as they wait to heal up. Once the ult is charged I fling it at the objective. I get on 15 kill streaks and I usually only die at the end when everybody is frantically rushing the objective.

Catdaddy

Level 33 and had a 1+ minute wait, so cancelled logged on to secondary acct with a level 2... No wait at all, so I guess it's matching skill or level?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay so I discovered that making a custom game with 0 ability cooldown is a VERY BAD IDEA when Zarya's are on play.

Infinite shields = pain

Catdaddy

I basically only play d.Va now that I have all of the locations of the health kits memorized. I boost to the front lines and then boost back and forth between the nearby kits, healing myself, denying them from the other team, taking out injured enemies looking for the kits, and protecting my team as they wait to heal up. Once the ult is charged I fling it at the objective. I usually only die at the end when everybody is frantically rushing the objective.

Not a bad strat, I'm amazed how well her pistol is when she is out of the mech, I usually run for health packs when I'm out of mecha.

abundant

Okay so I discovered that making a custom game with 0 ability cooldown is a VERY BAD IDEA when Zarya's are on play.

Infinite shields = pain

What about Mei and her Ice Heals? It was already pretty broken in Arcade Mode and that had like a 3s timer.

Forkball

I got the camo epic skin with Reinhardt today. Now I can perfectly blend in with the maps.

Symmetra is now my most played hero. I'm not a fan of being pigeon-holed into being the builder, but she is interesting to use and has more diverse playstyles than Torb. I'm currently 8-4 with her, which doesn't sound impressive until you see my 0-5 Pharah record.

I also played more D.Va recently. She definitely needs a buff, but I think she is a very versatile tank in how you can play her. You can draw fire with your shield, or flank and attack opponents, or chase down specific targets with your charge etc. Even out of her mech, she is so fast that she can easily distract or harass the enemy. My team went all D.Va on the Hollywood map and we smoked that thing.

Fliesen

makes me wonder if you can get past quintuple kill by killing a mercy just as she revives the team making for a max of 9 kills.

Goddamn tho.
bet you lost potg to a junkrat who ultimated 2 people

each team consists of 6 players, hence you could get up to an undecuple (11) kill.

ViviOggi

I play D.Va and only really have trouble with other tanks, but I can usually at least outrun them. Particularly Roadhog, but a good Winston will annoy me. Mei and Bastion also give me trouble, though I can usually at least kill Bastion if I'm okay with also dying. Avoid Reaper, but it's okay he can't really keep up.

McCree and Soldier aren't too bad, Soldier in particular almost never gives me trouble.

She's also great at countering Hanzo or Torb or Junkrat if you can catch them alone, and I often have epic duels with Lucios and Tracers and Pharahs that feel pretty equal. Basically, if you can get he jump on a squishy character and get some hits in you can do well. Considering you can fly, it's very doable. If they aren't squishy... well, you're a good distraction for your team.

Also, losing the mech can be a good thing in the right situation. Sacrifice it for some damage or a crucial kill, then back off and get some headshots.
I eat D.Va for breakfast as Junkrat, eziest bodyshots of my life and if one jumps me properly I can always reset with concussion mine

Not a bad strat, I'm amazed how well her pistol is when she is out of the mech, I usually run for health packs when I'm out of mecha.

I'm playing pub games on ps4, so basically every game lacks a healer, or there is a mercy that is standing there damage buffing a widowmaker or something. In these situations the health kits become much more valuable, so I've basically developed a niche where I'm like a troll under a bridge and everyone who wants one has to go through me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom