• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

balohna

How are you going to stand against a Soldier standing in his healing aura while he is headshotting you? I wouldn't be surprised if that out healed all the damage that the mech could deal out.

Fly straight into him and push him off it. Keep shooting him and keep him away. If he goes back in... well, boosters are probably ready again. The shield can help if he's getting too many hits in.

Braag

Today's games reminded me why I quit playing TF2 completely. Won maybe 1 out of 10 games and got spawn camped the last few games, got completely dominated by the enemy team. I don't even mind losing if the teams are at least a bit balanced but the matchmaking keeps putting me into teams which don't stand a chance against the enemy team.

each team consists of 6 players, hence you could get up to an undecuple (11) kill.

But what if they have multiple Mercy's, all with their ult ready and are reviving each other again and again. We have to go deeper.

I don't think there's a character i hate more than junkrat.

Fuck junkrat.

Hi.

ownuaxp.png

Fly straight into him and push him off it. Keep shooting him and keep him away. If he goes back in... well, boosters are probably ready again. The shield can help if he's getting too many hits in.

OK, you can do that with defence matrix but what if he walks back on it then holds down left click on the huge head hit box? If you don't use defence to engage you are dead before you get to him.

Had two games where my team rolled five McCrees followed by four D.vas. We lost hard both games but it was pretty hilarious and fun to cruise around as D.va (which I don't do that often anymore).

Balthuk

Supposedly, I hope it's a buff to her movement while she's firing because that crap gets really really annoying. Or maybe slightly better spread on her primary fire. Just something to improve that.

Hmm would a bit of movement boost while shooting help her that much though? Anyone else could still kite you (without mentioning her skills).
Also for the name of god D.Vas of the world, realize that your weapon does NOT have that much range, the damage is so so little from far away. Just because it shows you hit something doesn't mean anything.
I was spectating a game and saw a dva and a roadhog on either side of a cliff, dueling, the dva doing literally one digit damage numbers and the roadhog only using his shotgun not his medium range attack for straight up 45 seconds. pls

Hmm would a bit of movement boost while shooting help her that much though? Anyone else could still kite you (without mentioning her skills).
Also for the name of god D.Vas of the world, realize that your weapon does NOT have that much range, the damage is so so little from far away. Just because it shows you hit something doesn't mean anything.
I was spectating a game and saw a dva and a roadhog on either side of a cliff, dueling, the dva doing literally one digit damage numbers and the roadhog only using his shotgun not his medium range attack for straight up 45 seconds. pls

Low-level play has its own quiet drama.

It's interesting how low level play is so different than high level play. And pc is a whole different spectrum compared to console.

Will be interesting to see how blizzard handles balance for everything

233.jpg

I hate this dude, especially when facing 3 of them :/
The best way to deal with turret is sniper, right ? It's still hard because they often put them hiding in a corner where you can't snipe them.
I could use some advice :p

Tanston

Level 32 and gotten 2 skins, meanwhile my 8 year old son level 5 and 6 skins I kid you not. He just pulled two torb skins out of his level 5 box one of which was legendary or whatever yellow is.

Grief.exe

233.jpg

The best way to deal with turret is sniper, right ? It's still hard because they often put them hiding in a corner where you can't snipe them.

Widow is a very good counter. Zarya is a good counter too since they automatically attack your shields so you can get easy charge.

OK, you can do that with defence matrix but what if he walks back on it then holds down left click on the huge head hit box? If you don't use defence to engage you are dead before you get to him.

I think you're under estimating D.Va's damage output. Boosting into him is 25 damage, plus 30 from melee. S76 isn't going to run into you to get to the heal, he is going to run away because at 10-15m, the damage is going to run him over in about a second.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Game is losing steam for me, the new smell has worn off and I'm noticing more and more things that bug me. I'm hoping I can hold out until the first major patch which will hopefully fix my issues and bring back some hype for me. Didn't expect to lose interest so quickly though if I'm honest.

I just had one of the most rage inducing moments in a pug game. Pretty much it was a Mercy/Pharah tag team moment. Pharah would be flying all over the place and a Mercy would be attached to her back healing or amping her damage up. Im telling my team to kill Mercy because Pharah was literally laying waste to us. No one listened and it was utter domination by those two. Kill Mercy and we could've stood somewhat of a chance.

Bittercup

Just got both Tracer achievements in one match. I tried the sticky bomb one in 3 different matches until I got it and the recall one, just happened.
I really should play her more. I always think she's a super fun character to play but then I usually pick someone else and forget that she's there.

233.jpg

Junkrat spam for when they're lodged in, especially if they're being shielded by someone like Reinhardt.

Supposedly, I hope it's a buff to her movement while she's firing because that crap gets really really annoying. Or maybe slightly better spread on her primary fire. Just something to improve that.

She needs a buff to improve her survivability. She barely feels like a tank.

abundant

233.jpg

Any Tank except Winston easily tears through turrets. Also if you can get in close enough, Mei can freeze it.

dk_

Today's games reminded me why I quit playing TF2 completely. Won maybe 1 out of 10 games and got spawn camped the last few games, got completely dominated by the enemy team. I don't even mind losing if the teams are at least a bit balanced but the matchmaking keeps putting me into teams which don't stand a chance against the enemy team.

The average player has a 50% winrate. Maybe shooters aren't your genre.

Tawpgun

Last night we decided to go all zenyatta plus a soldier for the initial point on Hollywood. After we got the payload moving we switched to all Soldier through the old West checkpoint and then went all Winston for the final push and it was a cakewalk lol.

If there's a hero limit in ranked im playing that exclusively. Some real dumb things happen when you have multiple heroes.

Shouta

Mmm, been on a Widowmaker stint since last night. Got a "Shouta plz" from a Zenyatta that was one-shotting as he was going through doors, lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
TFW a blizzard nets you quintuple kill on the final checkpoint, preventing the team from taking it in the final moments, but you still don't get potg. :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Playing on PC, but is the frame rate capped to 94 FPS? The in-game performance metric tool seems to indicate that's the upper limit. I have a 144hz G-Sync monitor and V-Sync is off, but the game stays at a stable 93-94 FPS pretty much the entire time, which makes me think it's getting capped there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom