• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Last night we decided to go all zenyatta plus a soldier for the initial point on Hollywood. After we got the payload moving we switched to all Soldier through the old West checkpoint and then went all Winston for the final push and it was a cakewalk lol.

If there's a hero limit in ranked im playing that exclusively. Some real dumb things happen when you have multiple heroes.

The other team's fault for not having picked hard counters honestly.

Though I can't really think of a hard counter to a 76 team.

Satch

Banned
this guy on my team keeps calling me "dubstep bro" because he cant remember lucio's name
invoker-gdlk.gif

Klyka

Banned
Playing on PC, but is the frame rate capped to 94 FPS? The in-game performance metric tool seems to indicate that's the upper limit. I have a 144hz G-Sync monitor and V-Sync is off, but the game stays at a stable 93-94 FPS pretty much the entire time, which makes me think it's getting capped there.

You need to select the 144hz in your resolutions in the options menu

abundant

Exactly. Especially when you went all Winston. He's probably one of the easiest heroes to hard counter. A couple of Reapers, McCrees, and Bastions is all you need to shut down an all Winston party.

Satch

Banned
HOLY SHIT THESE PEOPLE PICKED WIDOWMAKER AND HANZO BUT THEY SAW OUR DRAFT AND WIDOW SWITCHED TO REINHARDT IS THIS OVERWATCH???

PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

EDIT: NEVERMIND SHE SWITCHED BACK TO WIDOW WE FUCKIN LOST

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is ranked out yet? I'm seriously getting annoyed how half the team is communicating plays and strats and the other half is just 2 hanzos and a widow playing for fun.

Overwatch on PC be like

Seriously though, it don't remember it even being this bad in tf2. I've gotta say like 90% of my deaths are from her, and everyone is godlike.

A single good widow can be so oppressive to deal with. Even if I switch to Winston to deal with her it's not always a sure thing I can kill/scare her away long enough for team to do anything. She really needs to be punished for missing shots cause right now she's basically the Halo 1 50 cal.

Yeah, they really need to up the credits you get from duplicates, I wasn't too bothered by it before but after getting a few duplicate legendary skins from boxes I'm tired of it. 50% in credits or bust.

cyborg009

Banned
So I finally bought the game and I really suck! And does any issues with AMD radeon R7 I had a bit of screen tearing so I turned Vsync on but it does lag a little bit sometimes.

VICI0US

Playing on PC, but is the frame rate capped to 94 FPS? The in-game performance metric tool seems to indicate that's the upper limit. I have a 144hz G-Sync monitor and V-Sync is off, but the game stays at a stable 93-94 FPS pretty much the entire time, which makes me think it's getting capped there.

When you pick your resolution look at the number in parenthesis off to the side. That's your refresh rate.

Mine's set to 2560x1440 (165), for example, since the XB271HU does 165hz.

and If you use the display based FPS cap it'll cap to your refresh rate +10

Braag

The average player has a 50% winrate. Maybe shooters aren't your genre.

I've been playing the wrong genre for years then, :/ Though I admit it's been a while since I last played a MP game as much as Overwatch.
I mean I have around 200 hours in TF2, well over 200 hours in CoD MPs, around 150 in BF games and close to 60 hours in SW:BF.
I know there are people who play online shooters a hell of a lot more than I do but I'm not exactly new to the genre. Also the problem isn't exactly me as an individual player but me ending up in a team with players who have no idea what team play means.
Maybe I just need to play OW in shorter bursts.

abundant

Yeah, they really need to up the credits you get from duplicates, I wasn't too bothered by it before but after getting a few duplicate legendary skins from boxes I'm tired of it. 50% in credits or bust.

They should also let you sell skins you do not want for half the cost.

Seeing a whole lot more Zarya now. Barely ran into any other ones before

Noticed that she's best paired with another tank. On KotH Zarya + Winston is unfuckwithable so far. Shield Winston as he jumps and does dumb shit -> collect energy -> finish them off together. Also people haven't figured out me saying I've got a full ult 10 times is so they can combo with me. If I say I've got mine, say you've got yours god damn it.

It's crazy hearing about how OP Widow and McCree are on PC where you use the mouse to aim. I never see more than 1 of those characters on ps4 and they almost never dominate a game. On PS4 I'm almost more scared of Lucio than anyone.

abundant

It's crazy hearing about how OP Widow and McCree are on PC where you use the mouse to aim. I never see more than 1 of those characters on ps4 and they almost never dominate a game. On PS4 I'm almost more scared of Lucio than anyone.

Even on PS4, McCree is OP. He shouldn't be taking down tanks by himself with ease.

Grief.exe

I've been playing the wrong genre for years then, :/ Though I admit it's been a while since I last played a MP game as much as Overwatch.
I mean I have around 200 hours in TF2, well over 200 hours in CoD MPs, around 150 in BF games and close to 60 hours in SW:BF.
I know there are people who play online shooters a hell of a lot more than I do but I'm not exactly new to the genre. Also the problem isn't exactly me as an individual player but me ending up in a team with players who have no idea what team play means.
Maybe I just need to play OW in shorter bursts.

Technically, COD/BF/Battlefront will degrade your FPS abilities and situational awareness.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You need to select the 144hz in your resolutions in the options menu

When you pick your resolution look at the number in parenthesis off to the side. That's your refresh rate.

Mine's set to 2560x1440 (165), for example, since the XB271HU does 165hz.

and If you use the display based FPS cap it'll cap to your refresh rate +10

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Braag

I've been twice in an all 76 team during attack in the hollywood map and both times it was cakewalk, the enemy team didn't know how to counter that. we were just destroying everything and healing each other.

Yeah I figure Widow is nowhere near as scary on console. I play on PC and I've been able to keep multiple people from even leaving their spawn as her on multiple occasions.

Clauss

I know Zenyatta is kinda garbage for a support character, but he sure is a lot of fun to play.

I'll defend Zen to the end, man. He's by far my favorite hero and I feel like I have no issues sustaining a competent team as the only healer. The best is when I can get one of my friends to roll double Zen with me. Unstoppable.

Crzy1

Keep getting the same Symmetra legendary skin. Don't even play her and I've gotten it 3 times already. They really need to do away with duplicate drops or at least make the coins you get equal to the legendary coin cache.

Lunar FC

Just got the game. Is 'Play vs. AI' and 'Practice vs. AI' the same thing? Because I would like to practice different heroes but with a little more competition.

Yeah I figure Widow is nowhere near as scary on console. I play on PC and I've been able to keep multiple people from even leaving their spawn as her on multiple occasions.

On PS4 Hanzo is easily as powerful as Widow, because his ult and abilities are easy to aim and the arrows have giant hotboxes, whose benefit are mostly negated by mouse accuracy.

We're talking giant hotboxes here.

Just got the game. Is 'Play vs. AI' and 'Practice vs. AI' the same thing? Because I would like to practice different heroes but with a little more competition.

Haha you cracked! You on PC, right? If so add me: SleepyLesson#1331

Speaking of that, why do you have to have the number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom