• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

yikes, why can people not get into team composition

it's almost embarrassing when the opposing steam absolutely wrecks you because your teammates can't be bothered to switch heroes

does anyone else find Torbjörn only ever good in the beginning of the match? it becomes hard to justify playing as him in the mid game when you can't get a chance to upgrade a turret

GeeTeeCee

I've owned the game for two days now and have played for a handful of hours. I'm not great at the game by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel that I'm starting to consistently become a solid, reliable member of the team rather than someone who carries everyone else to victory.

Only one complaint so far: someone please tell me that I'll eventually start seeing teammates who actually try and play the objective. Please.

does anyone else find Torbjörn only ever good in the beginning of the match? it becomes hard to justify playing as him in the mid game when you can't get a chance to upgrade a turret

See:

Meanwhile, at Spring Drive's PC...

1FJTdCe.jpg

Mareg

I've owned the game for two days now and have played for a handful of hours. I'm not great at the game by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel that I'm starting to consistently become a solid, reliable member of the team rather than someone who carries everyone else to victory.

Only one complaint so far: someone please tell me that I'll eventually start seeing teammates who actually try and play the objective. Please.

sorry

Have they said if they ever plan to beef up the tutorial or anything? I had been waiting for the general populace to figure out how to play after a couple weeks (as they did after each new wave of players coming into the beta), but it doesn't really seem to be happening this time around.

What platform? QUOTE the OP to see a Google doc link for GAF usernames for different platforms.

Satch

Banned
yikes, why can people not get into team composition

it's almost embarrassing when the opposing steam absolutely wrecks you because your teammates can't be bothered to switch heroes

hes good at defending the initial payload point, poor after that because it moves

hes good on all capture points for cp maps

GeeTeeCee

What platform? QUOTE the OP to see a Google doc link for GAF usernames for different platforms.

PS4.

Thanks, I'll have a look. I suppose at least it's a testament to the quality of the game that I'm still enjoying it despite the utter stompings I'm on the receiving end of every round.

PS4.

Thanks, I'll have a look. I suppose at least it's a testament to the quality of the game that I'm still enjoying it despite the utter stompings I'm on the receiving end of every round.

Add me, I play with a good GAF group. Will be on for an hour or so in about 5 hours.

PSN: hi-fi_famicom

PS4.

Seriously, my team is getting murdered in almost every game but I still love it.

Spacebar

Has anyone who pre ordered from Best Buy got their 10$ rewards certificate yet? I pre ordered both PC/PS4 and have yet to get them.

Xeteh

I'm a bad person. Playing the brawl, I get Mercy when they're pushing the second to last point on Gibraltar and we have a Bastion. I basically kept him power amp'd and healed pretty much the entire time because we had another Mercy and a Zenyatta for healing everyone else (don't worry, I did help). I ended up res'ing the Bastion 3 times.

Satch

Banned
i just played against a team of three d.va stans.............................

they got lashed but......................... NERF THIS NERF THIS NERF THIS
dizzy.gif
dizzy.gif
dizzy.gif

Ardenyal

I love when someone snap picks support, I pick tank, then later see they swapped to fuckin' Reaper or something after dying.

Just having tank and healer is not enough if the rest of the team is playing TDM. You can't win 2v6 on the payload without DPS.

Banzai

Only Legendaries I got so far (level 40) : Frogston Winston and Odile WidowMaker. One is super boring and the other is butt ugly.

That's it, I'm not opening any boxes for the next 50 levels.

played a final stage on ps4 with a friend. We were defending on Numbani. i was Mei.. count down began and the doors open. One shield went up, two, three, FOUR Rein shield went up. i made a quick turn around and left LOL

checked the team and they actually had five fucking rein and Lucio. everyone just backed off and let them get the first point and let payload move. Mei is good keeping slowing them down. managed to kill a minute or so before i died.
eventually stalled until the last 2 corners before the finish. held on to that spot for a good 4 minutes.. they made it past the last corner and about to win. before this they switched. but i think they kept at least 3 rein, switched between lucio, d.va and soldier.
stalling time why other team killed them off. luckily they weren't great rein players because they didn't kill me when they ult lol

but anyways. we ended up winning the game.
EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWdFPyiHJs

Pastry

Banned
Worst map design I've ever experienced in a multiplayer shooter. Not a single map that I actually get excited to see. It's chokepoint the game. Not to mention that I only ever play on five or six maps. I've played maybe three games on Ilios.

kromeo

Really starting to get bored of fighting turrets all game every game. Doesn't even feel like you make a difference when they just rebuild them again straight away

Sora_N

Worst map design I've ever experienced in a multiplayer shooter. Not a single map that I actually get excited to see. Not to mention that I only ever play on five or six maps. I've played maybe three games on Ilios.

I can't remember maps until I finish loading. not that memorable

Zemm

Team composition makes up like 80-90% of the game and the other 20-10% of the game is skill which is why playing with randoms is horrendous and playing with people from GAF is so much better. Even then we'd mess up with team picks now and then and get steam rolled but atleast that's rare unlike solo queuing.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So, I've been heavily invested in the weekly brawl this week

I enjoy quick play, but this randomizer heroes thing is just too much fun

Sometimes the teams are way to good and the game mose cheats (my personal opinion)

There have been to many fucking times that other team gets like 3 Reins while you have 3 Mercy's or some weird combination
Funny enough I killed 2 of those Reins as Mercy, hilarious stuff

By the way one game I just went God Mode with Widowmaker
I have no clue why, how, but like all things converging to a perfect set up
I had an elimination streak of 32 as her, on KOTH in Ilios
Got play of the game too, my goodness

I saved that video...
Unreal

ksan

Team composition makes up like 80-90% of the game and the other 20-10% of the game is skill which is why playing with randoms is horrendous and playing with people from GAF is so much better. Even then we'd mess up with team picks now and then and get steam rolled but atleast that's rare unlike solo queuing.

Take a minute and think about it, do you really think that's the case?
Or does team composition seem to matter much more because the game matchmakes you with players of similar skill?

You coming on this evening?

wrongway

- Get a penta kill with Pharah's ult, saving the point from capture and saving the game

- POTG goes to a Tracer who bombed three people in a doorway in the middle of the map

wat

nOoblet16

Widowmaker is completely dominating on PC atm, it's so bad that the only reliable counter is another widowmaker, not Reaper or Genji or Tracer since the good ones move so much and stay around healers and healthpacks a lot.

Tensketch

Started playing today. Love playing as Mercy, but sometimes feel like I have to play as her since everyone else wants to play offense.

On the other hand, are there any good starter guides for this? I don't want to play this game like TOM.

Widowmaker is completely dominating on PC atm, it's so bad that the only reliable counter is another widowmaker, not Reaper or Genji or Tracer since the good ones move so much and stay around healers and healthpacks a lot.
Yeah, even Winston isn't a reliable counter right now. Her charge is to fast, machine guns to strong, and body shots imo are to powerful. At least make it so Zen can't be killed with a body shot.

NeoRaider

I feel like we need at least 2 new modes and few new maps.
I am not saying that game is becoming boring, because it's not. But it's kinda repetitive and predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom