• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresquito

I hate when you win three games in a row and you are kicked out of your team and find a new team, surprise, surprise, full of retards.

Like, why should I be punished with people that go on attack and pick two bastions and two widows just because my team is playing like a fucking team?

PC Problem

Does anyone else have an issue where after you close out of the game, it still says "Playing Now"? And so you can't even start the game up again.

I literally have to shut down my pc and restart if I want to play the game again. It doesn't even show as running in my processes so I can end it that way. Closing battle.net doesn't do anything either...

Son Of D

That feeling when a Roadhogg hooks you into the pit in Ilios, but you're Lucio and are able to wall jump around and back onto ground.

darklin0

Banned
LNplsZtl.jpg

I always end up as a tank. T-T
I just want to be McCree trash with my legendary skin drop.

MajorMane

Played a few public matches and was quickly reminded why I always try to play with at least one other person. People don't hop on the objective (even at higher play time levels) and they don't respond to any sort of attempts at communicating to win. Can be super frustrating.

does anyone else find Torbjörn only ever good in the beginning of the match? it becomes hard to justify playing as him in the mid game when you can't get a chance to upgrade a turret

Personally, I think Toblerone is good the entire match (certain maps not withstanding), but you can't play him the same way at all parts of the map. At the beginning, it's easy to set up a turret, upgrade it, and try to hold out. But if the enemy team pushes beyond that, you don't have time to upgrade the turret. Instead, there's often many times where it's more beneficial to drop a level 1 turret down and then use your own gun to take down enemies. His gun is really good and his ability to give armor can be crucial, so don't forget to use that.

There are probably better heroes to switch to after the first part of the map, but a good Toblerone player can use him throughout the entire match.

Widowmaker is completely dominating on PC atm, it's so bad that the only reliable counter is another widowmaker, not Reaper or Genji or Tracer since the good ones move so much and stay around healers and healthpacks a lot.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind her getting a nerf to HP. She should always die to a Roadhog if he's able to hook her, but I feel like it takes more than 1 shot currently.

JP_

Banned
PC Problem

Does anyone else have an issue where after you close out of the game, it still says "Playing Now"? And so you can't even start the game up again.

I literally have to shut down my pc and restart if I want to play the game again. It doesn't even show as running in my processes so I can end it that way. Closing battle.net doesn't do anything either...

I think I had to close bnet and also manually shut down a process called agent or something. I forget the details so look it up before diving into your task manager.

NeoRaider

Here are mine stats:

XcOwrp0.png

Yeah i really don't play as Support or Tank. :/
And Pharah wasn't one of my favorites at first but i really like her now. She is amazing.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
One thing I'm starting to notice through games being played, a lot of the pubs are complacent

I mean Holy Fuck you have this enormous map with zones structured in, yet you will go to the same primary position for a said class

Like Watchtower Gibraltar

Widowmaker will always be on that bridge sniping from the room across looking at the high point for AttacK
Torb putting Turrets in the exact same place

Change up the monotony

Vildiil

- Get a penta kill with Pharah's ult, saving the point from capture and saving the game

- POTG goes to a Tracer who bombed three people in a doorway in the middle of the map

wat

Generally if Tracer gets a double or triple kill with her sticky it almost guarantees her POTG.

Card Boy

Banned
That Lucio wall running achievement is going to be almost impossible considering none of the maps really have long straight stretches of wall.

If this was Titanfall/Black Ops 3 I would of got it in a match or two.

Ramirez

One thing I'm starting to notice through games being played, a lot of the pubs are complacent

I mean Holy Fuck you have this enormous map with zones structured in, yet you will go to the same primary position for a said class

Like Watchtower Gibraltar

Widowmaker will always be on that bridge sniping from the room across looking at the high point for AttacK
Torb putting Turrets in the exact same place

Change up the monotony

It's a good spot to snipe in the beginning, why change? lol

darklin0

Banned
image.php

Who is your favorite tank? :p

I've been trying to learn how to use him more. I'm almost never tank
Pretty much jump to the back line and kill the squishy stuff. Your whole goal is to take one or two down and distracting the rest for a bit while your team pushes. I like landing right on unsuspecting people and that scares them enough to where you deal a decent amount of damage. Then as they run a way chase for the kill. If they turn around and shoot drop your shield.

The shield part is key. Learn the distance from the edge to the closest you can drop it next to an enemy so they are still outside. You don't know the amount of times I completely nullified McCree and Reaper damage. Usually when they blow their load and see they did nothing they run but by then they are dead. If they run inside your shield so they can hit you back out. It blocks their damage if you are outside of it and they are shooting from within.

Don't be afraid to run. Don't just use your jump to initiate, jump away to live as well. Learn the jump angles you need to look to get used to the distances you can jump. You will be surprised how far you can jump and how accurately you land to a target.

Be sneaky. Always aim for the healer if no one too strong is around. Symmetra turrets go down like they are made of paper if you show up. Watch out for Bastions, Reapers, fully charged Zaryas, and good Soldiers. Never be too prideful to dip of their whole team turns around.

It's all about that Monkey business.

There are a lot of little things I can't remember atm but the key is to play around your shield. It will help you stay alive for a ludicrous amount of time if you can bait their attacks and block all their damage with your shield.

Winston is my fav. Not for all situationsbut, I just like going Bananas.

Klyka

Banned
Ok wow you can use "High Noon" as McCree and then a Lucio can use his speed boost and you are suddenly at jogging speed instead of slowly walking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Go from a team with Tobjorn on Attack that can't cap a point to a team on defense with Widowmaker, Hanzo and no Support

soudns right

BigDug13

That feeling when a Roadhogg hooks you into the pit in Ilios, but you're Lucio and are able to wall jump around and back onto ground.

Especially when that Roadhog could have killed you with a shotgun blast, but was so cocky that they just wanted the pit to kill you, then you skate right out of it.

Pastry

Banned
then i must be the luckiest person in the world #blessed

There is a skill component sure but matchmaking goes out of its way to force you towards 50%. Today for example I've gone 3/15 with some of the worst teams I've ever had. I'm now below 50% even though I started the day above it.

ksan

There is a skill component sure but matchmaking goes out of its way to force you towards 50%. Today for example I've gone 3/15 with some of the worst teams I've ever had. I'm now below 50% even though I started the day above it.

i sincerely dont believe that

eek5

PC Problem

Mine says that but always goes away after like a second

Klyka

Banned
That gosugamers tournament is so funny because it's literally mirror teams against each other every match because there are basically only 6 heroes that should ever be chosen in competitive if you are not allowed multiples of a hero.

Finally picked this up last night and played to level 5 today. Already been doing pretty decently with Symmetra. I'm gonna have to learn how to use her offensively, cause she's so fun. ;-;

cHinzo

Lol, first I win a game on Watchpoint: Gibraltar with two Widowmakers in my team and no support at the end. The game after I join a winning game where the payload was right in front of the final point. :"D Is it weekend?

Guys, I just played a game where the widowmaker in our group jumped on the point to capture and contest it. We lost in the end but that was a nice surprise at least.

That gosugamers tournament is so funny because it's literally mirror teams against each other every match because there are basically only 6 heroes that should ever be chosen in competitive if you are not allowed multiples of a hero.

The problem is not only that McCree is seen as being the best general dps making double/triple McCree strats both safe and viable. In the categories of Tank, Sniper and Support there is only one choice for each that is seen as required for almost every team composition.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Nah.
Zarya, Genji, Pharah, Tracer, Reaper, Winston, Lucio/Mercy (1 or 2 of either) get rotated in. C9 ran a Hanzo before too.

Game is still really fresh so far, need to keep letting it cook.

Why would you allow anyone to see you pre match though? Another matter entirely, heh.

We're talking about a Widowmaker standing on the bridge. The attack team has 30-40 seconds to watch the defense team's approach, so unless they're really unobservant they'll see, and it's safe to assume the defending team will have at least one sniper.

I contest points all the time as Widow. Even if you die, sometimes it's worth it to throw your body on the point to stall time for a little longer rather than try to get one headshot or something.

I've had games with gold objective time too.

TheBear

As someone who has never cared about cosmetics in a game.. These fucking lootboxes man. No, I don't want another fucking winston voice line!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom