• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Fucking pub games. Went against an all Torb on Hanamura and while yeah, we lost badly, it was silly and fun so you'd expect when we defend we'd go all torb to have the same fun, see how they fair right?

Wrong. They go boring old shit except they play fucking terribly and just hand them the first point and half the second and then the rest a minute later. Like, c'mon. When else are you going to be able to go all torb and have a silly, fun, troll match?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh I broke 600 matches played (615), damn lol. On to 1k then!

Ramirez

I saw some people on my social tab today that had a star beside their name. I know for a fact one of them is not level 171, no idea why it was there.

Zemm

Nerf the fucking ult.

Remove the wallhack ult and give her something else. Wallhack should not be in any fps especially one where a well timed flank can open up a point, but they see you coming because you're a bright red symbol glowing through walls.

Plum

Anyone here not care about when the ranked mode gets released because they'll be too afraid to step foot in it anyway?

By the rate I'm improving at the game I'll feel confident enough to go competitive around 2020, I think.

Heng

Go play Destiny, where items don't drop when you want them to, and items are far more meaningful.

I get it though. The loot drops don't really mean anything to me however. It's just not why I play the game. This game is so fun that lack of loot drops doesn't deter me in any sense.
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't really care for lootboxes either, it's just cosmetic stuff. I was just explaining where the thread title came from.

So what does everyone think needs to happen to widowmaker to make her less absurd?
I personally think these changes would be fine:
-Increase time to scope (A sniper shouldn't be able to basically quick scope in this game)
-Increase charge time
-Readjust damage scaling to be lower across the board
?Maybe reduce active time on ult
The point of these changes are to make the player have each shot count, make it to where she can't wipe most of the team in 10 seconds, and make her fairly more stationary. These changes would also help out hanzo because he would become the more mobile sniper
I would also like to hear her announce her special (or make her announce it louder) so I can actually wait it out instead of randomly walk into a group of enemies when I try to flank them. Your suggestions are fine too. Anything that makes Hanzo more viable is good in my book.

I don't even feel bad boosting these two Trophies.

HrTDAJE.jpg

38R2dvR.jpg

Zomba13

Anyone here not care about when the ranked mode gets released because they'll be too afraid to step foot in it anyway?

By the rate I'm improving at the game I'll feel confident enough to go competitive around 2020, I think.

I'd only go into ranked with a full team of people I know. Game already has too many assholes being assholes because they lost or they won or whatever.

Satch

Banned
im never gonna complain about cards or play of the game or w/e cuz idgaf about that shit

i care about WINNING

and if Meinald Trump gets in the way of my wins... consistently... im gonna fume! get over it mei stans!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I saw some people on my social tab today that had a star beside their name. I know for a fact one of them is not level 171, no idea why it was there.

The social friends list is bugged, it shows people with the 100+ star when dont actually have it. When yiure in game it disapears (unless you actually have it like Gwyncinder for example)

Gorillaz

Fucking pub games. Went against an all Torb on Hanamura and while yeah, we lost badly, it was silly and fun so you'd expect when we defend we'd go all torb to have the same fun, see how they fair right?

Wrong. They go boring old shit except they play fucking terribly and just hand them the first point and half the second and then the rest a minute later. Like, c'mon. When else are you going to be able to go all torb and have a silly, fun, troll match?

Never played as a group of all torb but that sounds pretty fun shame they couldn't join in with you. Should have done the select unselect thing at the hero screen to get their attention

Zomba13

Never played as a group of all torb but that sounds pretty fun shame they couldn't join in with you. Should have done the select unselect thing at the hero screen to get their attention

Me and one other guy went Torb at the start and then I alt tab while I wait. Then saw no one else was Torb so I said something but they decided to ignore me :(

MrHoot

Finally managed to pull off a good D.va ult, the first time since release I think.
Got a quad kill even

Against a shitty annoying enemy team who was using two bastions (one behind a reinhardt) as a crutch. I could NOT stop myself from gloating openly at that point. The accumulated salt from that team and that sultry voice announcing "quadruple kill" as my ult detonated killing the two ulted bastions coming in with their pocket healer and reinhardt.

TOO. GOOD. GIVE ME MORE OF THAT HONEY

Rhaknar

Pub teammates completely shredded by a tracer... How hard can it be? I'm left to kill her with Lucio ffs

How hard is it to kill a Tracer? The most ellusive hero in the game?

Very if shes good.

R0ckman

Sometimes the lines are so perfect, was doing KotH got booted after winning first round while typing in chat. Lost second round, was losing last round guy quits, returned as Tracer saying the calvery is here and helped turn the match around.

MartyStu

I have come to the realization that I play my Lucio more like Tracer than as support...

But I hate playing Tracer. What is going on!!!?!

Also, I have come to the realization that I suck with Genji. Need a new character to play on offense. Soldier 76?

Rhaknar

I have come to the realization that I play my Lucio more like Tracer than as support...

But I hate playing Tracer. What is going on!!!?!

Also, I have come to the realization that I suck with Genji. Need a new character to play on offense. Soldier 76?

Reaper because he plays exactly like Tracer, well a slow ass Tracer

Do brawl mode games not count towards your stats? My stats and time played seem very low for my level compared to friend and all I can think of is that it's because I love brawl.

Kysen

Nah its the opposite for me. By having the rank there people will be more concerned with winning. I just came out of a 10 game run(randoms) with the same players, matches were so close with everyone playing the objective. You learn a lot more about the game when everyone is on the same page.

The best part of ranked is that those randoms that only farm kills will be stuck at the bottom rungs of the ladder.

Heng

Do brawl mode games not count towards your stats? My stats and time played seem very low for my level compared to friend and all I can think of is that it's because I love brawl.
It doesn't count in hours nor anything else. Or at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't, I've been playing a lot of Zarya in brawl and I have almost no time on her in my stats.

Zeliard

Bad everything is real. There's a reason Mei has a 3 star difficulty rating. People see left click freeze + right click to the head and go LOL WHAT AN EASY CHARACTER.

Mei's ice wall has to be the most volatile ability in the game. I don't know if there's another regular ability so potentially game-changing, both in a good or bad sense. Its power to completely block some of the most devastating ults in the game goes both ways and can lose your team the game just as easily as it can win it, especially because the game does a poor job (or any job) of letting Mei players know they can remove the wall manually.

Eric WK

It's a bug. If you have someone on your list that has the star the UI will show it on other players as people sign in and out.

Xeteh

Mei's ice wall has to be the most volatile ability in the game. I don't know if there's another regular ability so potentially game-changing, both in a good or bad sense. Its power to completely block some of the most devastating ults in the game goes both ways and can lose your team the game just as easily as it can win it, especially because the game does a poor job (or any job) of letting Mei players know they can remove the wall manually.

I don't disagree at all, my point is just that people only see those walls from their point of view and just assume its some moron behind the monitor on the other end every time. Bad walls happen, that ability is so easy to screw up on aiming because once you're beyond like... 20 feet it goes from 21 feet to 50 in the smallest movement of the mouse, inclines/declines make it even more frustrating. There's just zero give with people.

Zeliard

I don't disagree at all, my point is just that people only see those walls from their point of view and just assume its some moron behind the monitor on the other end every time. Bad walls happen, that ability is so easy to screw up on aiming because once you're beyond like... 20 feet it goes from 21 feet to 50 in the smallest movement of the mouse, inclines/declines make it even more frustrating. There's just zero give with people.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just bolstering the idea that Mei is not nearly as easy to play as she seems. Also her long-range icicle can be a beast and it's not as easy to aim as some of the other weapons in the game.

R0ckman

Anybody seen the "group trickle" where your team sucks so badly that they die together before you can reach them? Inedsiately dying when going back to a a contest as a group?

Xeteh

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just bolstering the idea that Mei is not nearly as easy to play as she seems. Also her long-range icicle can be a beast and it's not as easy to aim as some of the other weapons in the game.

For sure. Some games I feel like a sniper with that alt-fire and others I just want to switch characters because I can't hit a damn thing and if you're not hitting those you might as well switch. Her ultimate charges so slow unless you can land icicle spam.

I posted it earlier in the thread but plays like this keep me playing Mei as much as possible.

Salarians

Man, I feel lucky getting two kills with McCree's ult. Everyone always manages to get behind something or I get killed right before I pull the trigger.

ExVicis

Anybody seen the "group trickle" where your team sucks so badly that they die together before you can reach them? Inedsiately dying when going back to a a contest as a group?

I've seen that a lot the last 3 games. Especially in payload where the payload has only a few meters to move. I've even seen it in team games, with people on microphones and those are the most frustrating since team communication would work out.

A few times I saw a lone Hanzo just run in there, no team support, no one nearby for him to retreat to. Just him and 4 other enemy players. And the poor sap just waddles out there with his bow charged around the corner like nothing's gonna happen. I wanna yell almost, "No you fool stop throwing your life away!"

Man, I feel lucky getting two kills with McCree's ult. Everyone always manages to get behind something or I get killed right before I pull the trigger.
Most of the time with his Ult I settle for one or two...but man when you get that triple or quadruple kill, it feels amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom