• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Man, I feel lucky getting two kills with McCree's ult. Everyone always manages to get behind something or I get killed right before I pull the trigger.

Combine that with a good flash bang and a fan and you've effectively taken out half their team and cleared the objective for your team to push.

Not bad.

Xeteh

So what's the counter to 5 reins and a lucio? We just pulled that on one team and they could do nothing to stop us lmao

Bastions, Junkrat, Winstons could work possibly. Reaper shreds Reinhardt if he gets behind but with 5 that might not work.

So what's the counter to 5 reins and a lucio? We just pulled that on one team and they could do nothing to stop us lmao

Mei is pretty good against most tanks I find. Get behind their shield and start spraying. As a Reinherdt main myself, nothing ruins my day more than a Reaper or Soldier rushing through my shields, or worse, anyone flanking me.

A well placed Bastion shreds shields, and a Turret can be a good harasser. Forces me to point my shield in a one direction, leaving me vulnerable from behind.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My problem is usually my idiot team going back to the objective one by one as they respawn rather than waiting to head back as a group.

This only happens every, single game. One of the many reasons I enjoy this game less every day. That and the damn heat, it's too bloody hot!

Had some fun playing for a few hours with GAFers earlier - don't know how I'm going to go back to pub matches after actually working as a cohesive team.

Xeteh

Mei is pretty good against most tanks I find. Get behind their shield and start spraying. As a Reinherdt main myself, nothing ruins my day more than a Reaper or Soldier rushing through my shields, or worse, anyone flanking me.

5 Reinhardts could kill Mei if a couple of them swung their hammer once.

I really think they need a 2 max character per team limit. Just played against a team of 6 Tolberone and a team of 6 Reinhardts in a row. Won both games but it just wasn't fun

Ketch

Mei, pharah, Symmetra, genji, McCree, mercy, junk rat, road hog

Probably go with 2 pharah, 2 mei, 1 mercy, 1 road hog.

Salarians

Combine that with a good flash bang and a fan and you've effectively taken out half their team and cleared the objective for your team to push.

Not bad.
Heh, did just that last game. I've had a lot of success with McCree recently but knowing there's a trophy and spray for getting four ult kills makes me a little anxious every time I use it lol

But I did get Lucio's damage protection trophy today. :)

R0ckman

I see why McCree needs a nerf, but on one hand he is a lifesaver for pub gaming, I've saved my garbage teams by using him. In one team I was the healer but the team sucked too badly so I just thought I'd practice my McCree skills. A player on our team does the "We need a healer!", towards the end of kings row I rush the contest point and finish off like 4 players in a short burst to help finish the push.

I say at the end "We didn't need a healer, we needed a broken character ;)"

McCree is scary in an unbalanced skill group.

The more I pick her, the more D.Va is becoming one of my favorites to play. Have won a couple of clutch matches using her ult., and I'm surprised at how many enemies I've picked off out of the suit. Even if she can be a little fragile sometimes, her ult. is the perfect solution on an Attack match where the enemy is dug into a position and won't be routed. Can't imagine what she's going to be like after she gets buffed.

Now someone has mentioned trophies I've got to wonder, what exactly do you need to eat up with Targeting Matrix for that one D-Va trophy?
I would've thought I'd just end up with it at one point but I swear I've vacuumed up a stream of Bastion turret with twin junkrat grenades flinging in to boot and still not enough to meet the quota.

Like do I have to dive in front of a high noon McCree targeting the 5 other teammates or something?

The more I pick her, the more D.Va is becoming one of my favorites to play. Have won a couple of clutch matches using her ult., and I'm surprised at how many enemies I've picked off out of the suit. Even if she can be a little fragile sometimes, her ult. is the perfect solution on an Attack match where the enemy is dug into a position and won't be routed. Can't imagine what she's going to be like after she gets buffed.
I've got to the point where sometimes I almost don't want to call back the mech because that blaster can be so much more handy than the mech's guns.

IM SO FUCKING SICK OF MEIS USING THEIR GOD DAMN WALL WHEN I USE BLACK HOLE JUST FUCKING DIE STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

WE LITERALLY LOST THE GAME CUZ I COULDNT KILL THEM FUCKKKKKKKKKK
angelus did this to me last week. Had a 5-man Pharah ult going and he walled them off 1 second into my ult. Excuse was, "they were going to kill us". K.

Now someone has mentioned trophies I've got to wonder, what exactly do you need to eat up with Targeting Matrix for that one D-Va trophy?
I would've thought I'd just end up with it at one point but I swear I've vacuumed up a stream of Bastion turret with twin junkrat grenades flinging in to boot and still not enough to meet the quota.

Like do I have to dive in front of a high noon McCree targeting the 5 other teammates or something?

I've got to the point where sometimes I almost don't want to call back the mech because that blaster can be so much more handy than the mech's guns.

I did it from taking a Pharah ult.

Thinking of getting this game. Can someone please explain to me how heroes and weapons work? Does each hero have a set of guns to select from?

Xeteh

Thinking of getting this game. Can someone please explain to me how heroes and weapons work? Does each hero have a set of guns to select from?

Nope, they only have cosmetic options. All heroes have their own unique weapon and skills but they do not change.

D.Va's ult is such shit now that people have actually learned how to deal with it.

You used to be able to guarantee a couple of kills. Now, you're more inclined to kill yourself.

That trophy is becoming one of the rarer ones, too.

D.Va's ult is such shit now that people have actually learned how to deal with it.

You used to be able to guarantee a couple of kills. Now, you're more inclined to kill yourself.

That trophy is becoming one of the rarer ones, too.

It's supposed to be that way tho. Much like Winston's ult, it's more there to scatter the enemy team and distract them rather than dealing actual damage.

That sounds super fun tbh.

It is, and part of the fun is learning how to use multiple characters and having to carefully consider who works best for what fight. If you do end up buying it, my one piece of advice would be to not get too comfortable with one character. I have a few "mains" I tend to default to, but character switching during the match is not only allowed, it's recommended.

But in general, I highly recommend this game. As someone who was solely a SP gamer for years, this game has hooked me in hard.

And my second Legendary skin is for... Pharah, a character I detest playing more than any other. Fantastic. And I thought my first Young Hanzo skin was worthless.

It's supposed to be that way tho. Much like Winston's ult, it's more there to scatter the enemy team and distract them rather than dealing actual damage.

They don't even do that, though. Zarya pops two bubbles, Mei ices it out, Zenyatta does Transcendence, etc.

The best part is that you get to use D.Va without the mech.

Moonlight

Banned
A lot dicier on Payload maps where the objective can be filled with so many obstacles where the potential disruption effect is really easily mitigated.

Satch

Banned
a friendly Mei used her wall to block an enemy sniper so we could win

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

:) :) :)

BrokeBack.png

Xeteh

I feel like if there's a bunch of people who want to unlock sprays we should be able to get together on PC and try to make it happen. Some of them feel near impossible

They don't even do that, though. Zarya pops two bubbles, Mei ices it out, Zenyatta does Transcendence, etc.

The best part is that you get to use D.Va without the mech.

Well the good part here is that then you have Zenyatta waste his ult, and the others not have their defensive abilities for a moment.

A lot dicier on Payload maps where the objective can be filled with so many obstacles where the potential disruption effect is really easily mitigated.

Of course. Though there'll always be characters whose abilities are more suited towards a particular mode or side. Bastion has a similar problem.

I feel like if there's a bunch of people who want to unlock sprays we should be able to get together on PC and try to make it happen. Some of them feel near impossible

I definitely would be up for some achievement boosting. Some of those are just ridiculous. Like the "hit people with 7 lasers as Symmetra" achievement is dumb as shit. As Symmetra you don't want to bunch up all your turrets, you want to spread them out. It's completely against how you want to play her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom