• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

Why can't you beat him at mid range?

Because he's actually pretty decent there if the McCree player has good aim. Those shots hurt a ton. For a character that's ostensibly a close range power house, he's uncharacteristically powerful at longer ranges.

my favorite design of a character was a redesign of McCree where she was an actual older woman, since like all of the women in this game look young (even mercy whos like 37)

im gonna be on my deathbed asking why thats not our mccree

Cause she'd not be a cowBOY duh.
But yeah that'd be an awesome McCree.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I know. I've actually spent a decent bit of time trying to figure out the best aerial routes for D.Va's ult. I think the hit detection should be a little less lenient, though. I'm fine with finding solid cover between you and the mech to keep it from blowing you up versus literally running all the way out of range or whatever but the 'outside LOS' condition is pretty easily met.

I dont play D.Va much, but I do play Hanzo a lot, someone with a increasingly harder to hit ult as people get used to it, and I half use it as disruption, and half I try to get creative behind walls or corners and shit. Granted its easier to get creative with that one, but still. If I get one people with it these days im happy, 2 people its huge. More, well that is very rare now

ExVicis

Man, those nerfs for McCree can't come fast enough. It's appalling that I can watch him waste most of Roadhog's health in a single combo. I'm seeing more and more games with him just running wild and ripping apart everyone that gets near him, including characters that are supposed to be good up close. I mean, if you can't beat him up close and you can't beat him from mid-range, then what are you supposed to do?

IDK about you man but I've been able to kill McCree up close with D.Va. Especially since he needs 3 full fan the hammers to actually kill you. As well, a Soldier at a decent range should never have McCree problems unless he straight up aims better than you.

my favorite design of a character was a redesign of McCree where she was an actual older woman, since like all of the women in this game look young (even mercy whos like 37)

That's actually not bad. I'd be all over that.

Also how old do you think 30-year olds look?

McRee can smoke people form range too. And he's beefy enough that he can get away if it's someone who knows what they're doing from range like 76.
Eh? 200 health is beefy?

R0ckman

Man, those nerfs for McCree can't come fast enough. It's appalling that I can watch him waste most of Roadhog's health in a single combo. I'm seeing more and more games with him just running wild and ripping apart everyone that gets near him, including characters that are supposed to be good up close. I mean, if you can't beat him up close and you can't beat him from mid-range, then what are you supposed to do?

The thing is nothing is really changing in the nerf except that he wont spook tanks anymore. Everyone else will still melt to him up close.

exfatal

Got my second legendary today been havin great luck so far
13416794_10153809334327842_4916218058534918044_o.jpg

The thing is nothing is really changing in the nerf except that he wont spook tanks anymore. Everyone else will still melt to him up close.

That's the point of his character. He's supposed to easily take out most characters, but the fact he can so easily down even high health tanks is why they're nerfing Fan the Hammer.

darklin0

Banned
I shouldn't be scared shitless whenever I see McCree doing fucking whatever when I'm hopping in as Winston. :(
Most McCree throw their stun the instant they are in range so if are quick enough and notice the animation you can drop your shield to block the stun and the follow up fan. McCree is the second most fun to kill due to that. They either run for the hills or try to roll in and fan again and by that point it is curtains.

The best to kill as Winston is Mercy cause no one on their teams turns around. It's funny watching them run for help to die with no one answering them.

wamberz1

Yeah that still bugs me
They better give an explanation for her looking like she's 20

Xeteh

nigga.....

how

Not that its possible for mere mortals but the way Seagull explained it, competitive teams hate Anubis/Hanamura because if the attacking team wins the first fight they can take the first point and steamroll the second because they have ults and the defenders are way behind on that.

Its why those two maps are banned in a lot of tournaments.

Yeah that still bugs me

Look at Pixar movies. None of the parents in those look their age. And this is the most Pixar looking thing outside of Disney.

darklin0

Banned
Yeah that still bugs me
People theorize she is the Dr. Frankenstein type. She resuscitated Genji and turned him into a cyborg and made Reaper into a Vampire/Smoke monster. So its not a big jump to believe she experiments to make herself younger.

She even has a voice line with Mei where Mei is impressed she does not look a day older after many years.

Baliis

It's not that hard if you can steamroll the defense on the first push and take A, you can roll into B with ults and take it on the first push.

We had a great win on Volskaya earlier where D.Va, reaper, genji, mercy and phara, we all went around the left rather than through the front gate and just destroyed the defense from behind, was beautiful.

i kind of feel like 76 is sneakily OP. the combo of speed/dps/healing is pretty strong. too bad he's lame as hell.
Wrong quote?

But yeah, 76 is great. You start to appreciate his blandless after a while, people jumping and teleporting around and you just end them with a good old hitscan gun

ExVicis

Some of y'all need to hang around healthier 37 year olds apparently.

Jeez.

Apparently. I'm not sure what people think a 37 year old looks like but according to responses in here it seems 37 you apparently have to look old.

Also Mei is 31, I see no problems with how she looks either. Maybe people have a really skewed vision of what 30 year olds look like.

Jeeves

Got two questions:

Does Zarya's weapon charge improve her alt fire as well?

What are the small, amber-colored icons that sometimes appear briefly in the upper left side of the screen during gameplay? One is an arrow icon making a circle around a lightning bolt, and another is some squares overlapping each other. No clue what these are supposed to indicate. Playing on PC if that matters.

Baliis

Got two questions:

Does Zarya's weapon charge improve her alt fire as well?

What are the small, amber-colored icons that sometimes appear briefly in the upper left side of the screen during gameplay? One is an arrow icon making a circle around a lightning bolt, and another is some squares overlapping each other. No clue what these are supposed to indicate. Playing on PC if that matters.

Packet loss and latency spike I think? It's something like that. Iirc, they've said the threshold to trigger that right now is really low to help them collect data.

Hex

Banned
you'd rather have "gg ez" instead?

I think that it is healthy for some people to know when they shit the bed. It does not have to be "ez" but telling everyone gg is a bit...
i mean I understand the sportsmanship but when the other team was really bad I'll give something constructive or just be silent

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What did everyone think of the fan-made character Rivet at the top of /r/Overwatch?

I think it's got some interesting ideas at least. Smokebomb and sword/chainsaw is a cool idea.

Did Zack Snyder and Cliffy B collab on this character?

Fucking sick chainsaw hands brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom