• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
Yeah that's my guess as well. Between this and the whole reaper situation mercy seems to have a lot of skeletons in her closet.
She also has a taunt where she check her pulse, then laughs like it's a joke. And it's called "no pulse". which was weird. I totally thought she was an android of some sort before looking up her backstory.
There are a lot of little things off with Mercy. On face value she is a good person but underneath there seems to be some dark stuff.
...Has this hilariously stupid conspiracy theory been posted yet?

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745115328

All I can say reading that is... lmao.
LMAO! Sounds like complete bull. If it where true, holy moly.

Whales

Banned
I believe it.

Not really. But I'm suspicious about match-making still.

the 50/50 is def real

so many times ive went on winning streaks before having the matchmaking leave and say " finding better game" or " not enough player"(when there was literally only 1 spot vacant)

and after that when I get matched suddenly im in crappy teams and we are getting steamrolled... hmmm...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why?

Both teams were farming the achievements with all the characters! They were using some server or something to work together, nice bunch of people really but I didn't stick around. They had been going for nearly an hour at that point. Actually wondered if it was some here after.

Well some of the achievements for this game are bullshit

Blizzard has to know this

Take Zenyatta 5 Discord Orb kills/assists within 6 seconds
The best I've done is probably 3 within 10 secs, your asking me to hit 2 others within 4 sec less

You almost have to discord orb near death people and hope they stand still and die, five times...

There's boosting parties galore cause some are just downright stupid to earn which if you think about it takes away from the game
Some are good like a Reaper death Blossom of 4 kills is doable, same goes for a lot of the 4 kill ultimates
Some require luck, skill, placement, like say 2 kills off a Hanzo Shattered Arrow, but there are opportunities for it take place

3 teleporters, is random luck
Need enemy to be Symm, then get her Ultimate 3 times, then you have to destroy it 3 times
Most of the time placed in spots hard to reach solo due to being behind enemy lines

Roadhog knockoff 2 players with your Ultimate, certain map needed with your ultimate up with right health pool enemy
Good luck knocking some characters off, they'll die before getting knocked out

The Widowmaker get a falling headshot is pure random luck again, you seriously have to force yourself to get it by falling off high spot and netting a kill, doable but once again to much randomness which can impede a team as a whole if players chasing it

Soi-Fong

Can we not turn this into "lol other games that kinda look like Overwatch but arent Overwatch are shit" shitfest? :/

Thread has actually been shockingly free of that, which was nice.

Yeah pretty much this. It's fucking crazy the hate that Paragon and Battleborn get here. It's unfair to both games.

the 50/50 is def real

so many times ive went on winning streaks before having the matchmaking leave and say " finding better game" or " not enough player"(when there was literally only 1 spot vacant)

and after that when I get matched suddenly im in crappy teams and we are getting steamrolled... hmmm...
MMR based matchmaking will try to pit you against players of similar skill level, but if it takes too long then it lowers its search parameters until you get to play and usually this will mean matches with players well below what you're used to. This isn't some ploy or whatever it's just how this type of system works.

Satch

Banned
is there anything worse than making one huge mistake and knowing you lost the game because of it

im going to cut off my hands

Whales

Banned
If the 50/50 matchmaking is real why do I have over a 60% win rate?

one day the game will match you into shit teams durinf the whole day and then your winrate will be in the 50s

it happened to me 2 days ago, literally 10 games in a row were losses ( even when I tried to leave and join another match, the matchmaking had no pity for me) and it brought down my winrate to like 54%

Yeah that's my guess as well. Between this and the whole reaper situation mercy seems to have a lot of skeletons in her closet.
She also has a taunt where she check her pulse, then laughs like it's a joke. And it's called "no pulse". which was weird. I totally thought she was an android of some sort before looking up her backstory.

There are a lot of little things off with Mercy. On face value she is a good person but underneath there seems to be some dark stuff.

I really think there's something more to her than "she's a great doctor and pacifist and loves helping people". There's this part in her backstory about her being a surgeon in a hospital before making a breakthrough in nano technology - I honestly believe that she must've experimented for that stuff somehow.
Plus, her codename is Mercy. That's the type of compassion you show towards people whom you have power over.

darklin0

Banned
is there anything worse than making one huge mistake and knowing you lost the game because of it

im going to cut off my hands
I did this once with a Lucío ult. I hit it a second too late and lost four teammates to a Pharah. I tried to hold the point but I was way too outnumbered and died quickly. The memory haunts me every night.

LProtag

I wonder how the game decides your skill level.

I'm probably in a pretty shitty lower tier.

I wish there was a way to erase your statstics and everything after a while, especially considering this is the first FPS I've played on PC in a long time and my aiming skill needs a lot of work.

Salarians

If the 50/50 matchmaking is real why do I have over a 60% win rate?
w1Gp48o.gif

darklin0

Banned
I really think there's something more to her than "she's a great doctor and pacifist and loves helping people". There's this part in her backstory about her being a surgeon in a hospital before making a breakthrough in nano technology - I honestly believe that she must've experimented for that stuff somehow.
Plus, her codename is Mercy. That's the type of compassion you show towards people whom you have power over.
He line when she revives is something totally different to me now.

"Heroes never die! ...For a price."

I used to think it was a joke about the medical system costing so much. Now I think it means their is this unknown price the heroes are paying when they are brought back.

Don't trust Mercy guys.

Tubie

I wonder how the game decides your skill level.

I'm probably in a pretty shitty lower tier.

I wish there was a way to erase your statstics and everything after a while, especially considering this is the first FPS I've played on PC in a long time and my aiming skill needs a lot of work.

I don't think you should be concerned too much about stats in a game like this.

He line when she revives is something totally different to me now.

"Heroes never die! ...For a price."

I used to think it was a joke about the medical system costing so much. Now I think it means their is this unknown price the heroes are paying when they are brought back.

Don't trust Mercy guys.

To be fair, that's for her demon costumes. :p I'm not sure those altered quotes are "canon".

But I do think the angelic shtick is surface only.

Duraigo

I just had to deal with a player on PS4 named HeresMcCree, who shockingly played as McCree, and went on a fan the hammer spree, and he ended up getting PoTG which was three FTH kills in a row.....That upcoming FTH nerf is starting to look like an early Christmas present at this point.

If anyone wants to group up on PS4, please add me (name in profile). Tired of playing with randoms who just dance on the outside of objectives to snipe. I also have a few people I play with too.

Haines

Banned
I just had to deal with a player on PS4 named HeresMcCree, who shockingly played as McCree, and went on a fan the hammer spree, and he ended up getting PoTG which was three FTH kills in a row.....That upcoming FTH nerf is starting to look like an early Christmas present at this point.

He's even a house on Xbox.

I picked mcree and destroyed teams.

I picked Genji and looked like it was my first time with a controller.

Kinsei

Banned
Had a random on Lucio who swapped to Pharah when he died

you are the only support don't do this

Could have been worse. I once had a game where the Lucio player didn't understand how his healing and speed buff worked and spent all of his time shooting at us instead of the enemy.

Whales

Banned

I was healing once and got tired of me getting focused down and we were getting steamrolled

switched to pharah and suddenly we were doing much better

Either my healing was shit or my pharah was good, but yeah sometimes switching even off support is a good idea

Tubie

Could have been worse. I once had a game where the Lucio player didn't understand how his healing and speed buff worked and spent all of his time shooting at us instead of the enemy.

That's actually endearing, cause you know he's trying to help!

oakenhild

As a support, I switch if it's becoming pointless or frustrating keeping people healed. If I switch out of support this is a great opportunity for someone else to jump in and give it a go, such as yourself.

From playing WoW since the start one of the first things I ever learned was to never read the battle.net forums.

Amen.

I should really learn how to play Lucio. He seems really handy to have on a team. Pharah is my go-to whenever the character I was using just isn't working.

He is a lot of fun and very strong. It's a good time to just wall ride around the top of the objective healing while nobody seems to notice you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom