• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Any pro Genji tips? I know he's mobile as shit, but I seem to not get as quick of kills as I need for him to be effective. Sure, I dodge and blink behind people, and his stars have good range and decent damage, but things just aren't clicking. I feel like I understand how to be effective with all the other offensive characters except him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like all the good genji's I've ran into have insane aiming.

Like, headshot from far range on targets like lucio insane.

Satch

Banned
Any pro Genji tips? I know he's mobile as shit, but I seem to not get as quick of kills as I need for him to be effective. Sure, I dodge and blink behind people, and his stars have good range and decent damage, but things just aren't clicking. I feel like I understand how to be effective with all the other offensive characters except him.

you have to really focus on landing your shuriken while moving more than anything else

go into the training ground and mess around with your sensitivity so you can get a feel for what its like, then try him in some games. the bot games dont really mimic player movement enough for you to get an idea of what aiming against human teammates is like

xezuru

I sacrificed my wrist by playing soldier, rewarded by the 1337 CoD Gods Kreygasm.
gKW9al2.png

People on Xbox One just now seem to be figuring out that the way to be a successful Pharah player is to stay way up in the air as much as possible. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be enough decent Widowmakers (myself included) to counter good Pharahs effectively.

Oh well. I know I'd be getting destroyed even worse if I picked it up on PC - I'm thinking I made the right choice for my playstyle and lack of KB/M skills.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
At 31 hours, I'm really enjoying the game.

My breakdown is probably like 50% solo, 30% with one friend, and 20% with a party of 3 or 4.

But I gotta say, long term, I think it will be the random players that force me to turn away. I really do love everything about this game, but just the list of things pissing me off is growing each time I play, and it's almost always because of the team.

- I don't think I've ever started a game without at least one sniper on the team, regardless of map or mode.

- Teammates selecting a SECOND sniper when we already have one

- No one ever seems to pick a healer. I play support 90% of the time when no one else will... but some nights I'll start with "I'm just gonna play who I want" and I'll play 8 games in a row without a healer. It's absurd.

- IF A BASTION IS ON THE OTHER TEAM, that should be PRIORITY ONE, Genji. Jeez.

- Why stay on the payload? Why stay on the point? I swear, nobody gives a shit about the objective unless it's overtime.

etc, etc.

Sorry... I know I'm ranting. But I just had a blast playing with my friend for the last four hours. But I can tell I'm getting better. I'm not great. Neither is he. But we're good. We're competent. We understand and respect the principles of the game. But holy shit, every single other person seems to treat the game like TDM. Makes me sad.

EDIT: Also, since OT3 went up, I've bought 11 boxes and earned four or five. Holy shit, like almost all of them are truly white, white, blue, white. Every time. Without fail.

In 34 levels or so, I have gotten ONE legendary...and I bought one other with coins.

Warewolf

Just experienced my first genuine Widow Shutdown.

If you're out there Rink you are a fucking savage. I don't think I was killed by anyone else that game and I kept changing up who I was playing to try something more survivable. Game over right from the beginning.

Bravo.

Antiwhippy

Mmm, been upping my mei game recently by being more liberal with her icicle at far away distances. It doesn't do the same damage as Hanzo's, but its hitbox is just about as stupidly huge, plus it doesn't have much of a damage fall off does it? I feel like I've constantly outranged hanzos. Watching seagull's mei really inspired me to get good with her icicle.

I feel like I'm getting more long distance headshots than i should and I'm terrible at fps.

I've definitely harassed some widows with it, which is great for mei because she can self heal. :3

She is so much fun.

Apathy

really hope they turn the volume up on widows ult, it's annoying everyone else i can hear on the opposite side of 2 maps away but with widow shes so quiet, it's completely unfair

Four days in a row I've been matched into a game with less than 10 seconds remaining and ends in defeat. Looking back over the last few pages I'm wondering if this has to do with the 50/50 thing? I can't understand why else it would send me into a match with no chance of doing anything.

Antiwhippy

Four days in a row I've been matched into a game with less than 10 seconds remaining and ends in defeat. Looking back over the last few pages I'm wondering if this has to do with the 50/50 thing? I can't understand why else it would send me into a match with no chance of doing anything.

Those don't count towards your w/l.

Speely

Banned
Homies... if you haven't tried Mystery Hero, do it now. It's just good clean fun. Most fun I have had with the game since release.

Gone are the disputes about who chooses what hero. No one expects to win. It's just a pure rumble that celebrates the diversity of the heroes and the way players use them.

sogood.gif

LiK

Wow, asshole McCree player kept killing me and ignoring my teammates. I was on fire and he had to put it out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Homies... if you haven't tried Mystery Hero, do it now. It's just good clean fun. Most fun I have had with the game since release.

Gone are the disputes about who chooses what hero. No one expects to win. It's just a pure rumble that celebrates the diversity of the heroes and the way players use them.

sogood.gif

Awful mode but im in the minority here :)

At 31 hours, I'm really enjoying the game.

My breakdown is probably like 50% solo, 30% with one friend, and 20% with a party of 3 or 4.

But I gotta say, long term, I think it will be the random players that force me to turn away. I really do love everything about this game, but just the list of things pissing me off is growing each time I play, and it's almost always because of the team.

- I don't think I've ever started a game without at least one sniper on the team, regardless of map or mode.

- Teammates selecting a SECOND sniper when we already have one

- No one ever seems to pick a healer. I play support 90% of the time when no one else will... but some nights I'll start with "I'm just gonna play who I want" and I'll play 8 games in a row without a healer. It's absurd.

- IF A BASTION IS ON THE OTHER TEAM, that should be PRIORITY ONE, Genji. Jeez.

- Why stay on the payload? Why stay on the point? I swear, nobody gives a shit about the objective unless it's overtime.

etc, etc.

Sorry... I know I'm ranting. But I just had a blast playing with my friend for the last four hours. But I can tell I'm getting better. I'm not great. Neither is he. But we're good. We're competent. We understand and respect the principles of the game. But holy shit, every single other person seems to treat the game like TDM. Makes me sad.

EDIT: Also, since OT3 went up, I've bought 11 boxes and earned four or five. Holy shit, like almost all of them are truly white, white, blue, white. Every time. Without fail.

In 34 levels or so, I have gotten ONE legendary...and I bought one other with coins.

Barely an hour into the game and I am noticing these horrible, selfish, uncoordinated habits of picking showoff/fun-to-use/offensive characters or a damn sniper. Also, the said snipers tend to get into ego-showdowns instead of playing properly and countering (or counter-picking). Speaking of the later, I barely see counter-picks.

Apparently, no one wants to be an effective healer (yes not support) or a tank when we need them the most. Otherwise the game is really great with friends and organized teams who have standardized ways of playing (in before fuck your meta and let us have fun).

Pastry

Banned
Just so tired of awful pickup groups. I'm like 3-20 today. If matchmaking in ranked isn't better then I'm done with the game I think.

Apathy

I've seen ilios once today and numbani like 6 times. If they won't give us playlist they least they could do is keep track of what maps we already played and avoid those for others so we get a full or almost full rotation before we have to see shitty maps again

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Barely an hour into the game and I am noticing these horrible, selfish, uncoordinated habits of picking showoff/fun-to-use/offensive characters or a damn sniper. Also, the said snipers tend to get into ego-showdowns instead of playing properly and countering (or counter-picking). Speaking of the later, I barely see counter-picks.

Apparently, no one wants to be an effective healer (yes not support) or a tank when we need them the most. Otherwise the game is really great with friends and organized teams who have standardized ways of playing (in before fuck your meta and let us have fun).

Holy shit... this.

I can't count the number of times I've noticed our sniper is focusing entirely on the enemy sniper. Don't get me wrong - I want the enemy Widow or Hanzo taken out. Absolutely. But there are times I'm confident our sniper got less than five or six kills on other players the entire game. Infuriating.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What makes you dislike it, exactly. I find that it's a lot of fun to have everyone playing random heroes leading to some crazy team comps. It makes kills worth more, too.

I dont like modes that mess with the established rules of games. I didnt like brawl in hearthstone either. Or shit like SF2 rainbow edition.

It feels completely meaningless to me.

ncslamm

Anybody getting lag spikes tonight? I've been playing since release completely lag free but every match tonight my ping and RTT are spiking like crazy. Practically unplayable.

nbraun80

I've seen ilios once today and numbani like 6 times. If they won't give us playlist they least they could do is keep track of what maps we already played and avoid those for others so we get a full or almost full rotation before we have to see shitty maps again

yeah I much prefer the KotH maps, just seems a bit more balanced and not such a grind of attacking into points for 6 minutes, but it's rare getting those.

Sora_N

I played him most of last week and still feel useless/noob.

He's really good at deflecting Bastion but if you fuck up you're dead.

I guess my tip is to play like a ninja, climb walls and attack where people don't expect. If you can't kill them you shouldn't pursue. Roadhog and tanks are hard to kill off, you should pick your targets wisely.

Also use your double jump to get around.

Tidalwave

Dashing through a clumped enemy team can provide nice damage and confusion. Remember that your dash resets with every elimination. Dont miss shurikens.
Also a technique I've been using in close range... throw your shurikens and follow up with a melee. It can be faster than waiting for him to load the next set.

BashNasty

I dont like modes that mess with the established rules of games. I didnt like brawl in hearthstone either. Or shit like SF2 rainbow edition.

It feels completely meaningless to me.

Interesting. I suppose I can see how one could feel that way, but I actually feel the exact opposite. I think it's really fun to mess with established rules and enjoy the chaos that ensues.

Sora_N

Do I just suck or is Route 66 bad for Winston? Just wondering since I basically felt useless there and kept dying, so switched to Soldier and did some good work. We still lost though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom