• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
such a dumb team. i mean sure we won but i guess no one picked zenyatta they don't know he can throw heals. let's just not let me heal you okay. or when they hear rip tire they run away like it's d.va's ult. bitches it's like a football field away. shoot it.

Sora_N

I'm too nice, no one did support so I play Lucio since the sniper was bitching that no one played healer.

No one wanted to tank, got 2 D.Vas and no Offense heroes.

We hold out near the end (on defense) but we get stormed in the last 30 seconds and lose like bitches. Randoms don't want to win.

5 kill / 4 deaths as Lucio, I had to play extra hard to make sure I didn't die and felt annoyed at the end when I lost.

(and lol I quit after and joined another game - right into a defeat without even loading the map)

redhot_

Well, 43 levels deep and out side of the sniping nothing really feels like it's taking any skill to bring people down. It's all just kind of spamming at this point.

Xeteh

Man, everyone is SO much happier in the random hero mode. It's like people decided to have some fun.

You can only be so salty your team composition sucks. Its all random!

I've almost exclusively played the brawl this week, I love this mode.

I haven't played that yet. How does it work? Do you still earn EXP?

Random hero at start (sometimes. sometimes it bugs and doesn't reroll heroes). Random heroes on death. You do get exp but there's a small penalty compared to quick match.

Apathy

what is wrong with people. why would you play bastion on offense. Hell why would you play bastion at all let alone on offense. Every time someone does that I just instantly put them on avoid.

Kinsei

Banned
I haven't played that yet. How does it work? Do you still earn EXP?

Yeah, you still earn EXP. Every time you die you'll spawn as a new hero (unless Mercy revives you).

The game does like to troll people in it, which is quite funny. Are you on attack and everyone chooses Torb to try and guarantee they won't spawn as him? Everyone is Torb!

what is wrong with people. why would you play bastion on offense. Hell why would you play bastion at all let alone on offense. Every time someone does that I just instantly put them on avoid.

Pubs seem to have trouble with a Bastion + Reinhardt combo. If they manage to set up on the payload then it's pretty much GG.

Dad

Is Lucio just broken with Roadhog's hook? I haven't had a grapple yet where he hasn't gotten pulled through me and ended up behind before my gun even comes back out

Satch

Banned
Is Lucio just broken with Roadhog's hook? I haven't had a grapple yet where he hasn't gotten pulled through me and ended up behind before my gun even comes back out

i think so, its very rarely that roadhog ever kills me

when he hooks you, instantly use you Push attack and you escape

Just a quick question. I got a PC with 12GB ram, GTX 960, and i5 750 2.66GHz. I feel like the old-ass CPU would bottleneck me, but would the game run at 60 fps on Medium settings?

oakenhild

Random hero mode is so rewarding when you get locked in and can get a few ults on the same hero.

Sort of hope it stays as a permanent mode eventually.

Sora_N

You can play Bastion on offense but he's not the most helpful until you're defending the point.

darklin0

Banned
It's something to do with speed. It happens with Tracers and Genjis as well. If you catch them before a jump/speed up they usually sail past you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i think so, its very rarely that roadhog ever kills me

when he hooks you, instantly use you Push attack and you escape

Thats not what hes saying. I do the same as Reaper, I just wraith form before he kills me. He's talking about Lucio not landing in front of Roadhog

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

If you know how to use Bastion why not?

Sometimes on Attack you can use him as a scapegoat to break defends setup

Trust me just as the enemies hear or see a kill on the board Bastion is in play, enemies will often break ranks and come looking

I can't tell how many times Genjis or Tracers come fuck with me, that the payload gets pushed to checkpoint, while they are dealing with me

On Attack on payload say Kings Row, if you have Bastion on it, with Rein shield, and Mercy Atk+, see how fast we reach the end part
If team counters and pushes us off or kills us, at least payload close to finish point

Sometimes Bastion is just the Neon Sign all the buzzing characters gravitate towards to

I do my part well
Smart Bastions would rather die and take aggro and have the team win
There are bad players too who just camp by base or in an shooting lane, get their double kill for the game and keep dieing over and over without forcing the Defend team from reacting differently and chase you, to open up for say a Genji/D.va to flank and get the upper hand

Savitar

Man, everyone is SO much happier in the random hero mode. It's like people decided to have some fun.

I find it's basically because those that complain usually stay out of it, they don't like not being able to pick someone so those with a better attitude are normally playing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

We wrecked with a Bastion on offense earlier on EU :3

Megasoum

Banned
I wish they did more with the Highlights/POTG stuff.

Being able to save them permanently and sharing them to Twitter/Facebook directly from the game would be really great.

Also the random hero brawl really should a permanent mode... It's so much fun!

R0ckman

Bastion is pretty good if you reposition after every mowdown. Switch when the enemy team does nothing but go for you.

Vitor711

Never do it myself but seen it work on payload maps - pair up with a Reinhardt and you can mow unsuspecting people down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom