• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
I don't know about anyone else but I'm not as near frustrated playing these matches as I was with games like SFV or UC4. Even Destiny. Only things that sort of frustrate me are just random gameplay stuff like "ok I died here, weird" or "wow that missed", random stuff but it's not serious. For some reason when I play this game regardless of win or loss, I don't mind. I'm having fun learning the characters, getting some shots off, doing what I can do to progress. As of right now I'm on level 14 so I'll keep on going as I listen to these podcast episodes. It's a relaxing game for me. I'm also not listening to anything in-game related such as chat, sound effects, music, just podcasting and playing, whatever works.

Perfect game for me.

TheBear

Anyone got some tips for soldier 76? He seems like an easy hero but I am way better with pretty much everyone else. My aim isn't great (ps4) so I can't seem to do much damage at long distance, and everywhere else I get creamed

Raptor

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not as near frustrated playing these matches as I was with games like SFV or UC4. Even Destiny. For some reason when I play this game regardless of win or loss, I don't mind. I'm having fun learning the characters, getting some shots off, doing what I can do to progress. As of right now I'm on level 14 so I'll keep on going as I listen to these podcast episodes. It's a relaxing game for me. I'm also not listening to anything in-game related such as chat, sound effects, music, just podcasting and playing, whatever works.

Perfect game for me.
I Know what you mean, for me is because i try the hardest to help my team líke i change character depending the situation and that meta is very fun to me.

Sora_N

Anyone got some tips for soldier 76? He seems like an easy hero but I am way better with pretty much everyone else. My aim isn't great (ps4) so I can't seem to do much damage at long distance, and everywhere else I get creamed

You can change the cursor in the 76 specific settings. I use the dot one. It helped me more than cross hair.

He's straightforward to use and is pretty balanced since he can heal too.

You can't be too far or his damage drops i think.

cordy

Banned
I Know what you mean, for me is because i try the hardest to help my team líke i change character depending the situation and that meta is very fun to me.

Yeah I get you. I'm having fun playing characters I never play in games like this. I never play healers but in this game I'm having fun exploring them and doing better than I figured, very fun across the board.

Sora_N

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not as near frustrated playing these matches as I was with games like SFV or UC4. Even Destiny. Only things that sort of frustrate me are just random gameplay stuff like "ok I died here, weird" or "wow that missed", random stuff but it's not serious. For some reason when I play this game regardless of win or loss, I don't mind. I'm having fun learning the characters, getting some shots off, doing what I can do to progress. As of right now I'm on level 14 so I'll keep on going as I listen to these podcast episodes. It's a relaxing game for me. I'm also not listening to anything in-game related such as chat, sound effects, music, just podcasting and playing, whatever works.

Perfect game for me.

Eh same here. I get a little annoyed when I lose but I don't hate the game for it vs like CoD or whatever

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know about anyone else but I'm not as near frustrated playing these matches as I was with games like SFV or UC4. Even Destiny. For some reason when I play this game regardless of win or loss, I don't mind. I'm having fun learning the characters, getting some shots off, doing what I can do to progress. As of right now I'm on level 14 so I'll keep on going as I listen to these podcast episodes. It's a relaxing game for me. I'm also not listening to anything in-game related such as chat, sound effects, music, just podcasting and playing, whatever works.

Perfect game for me.

Actually the in game sound is super important in this game and you are factually worse at the game if you dont play with sound on. Like, im sure you dont care, because as you say you are super casual, but the fact that you died because you couldnt hear Reaper's heavy ass footsteps behind you, or hear where Hanzo's arrows are coming from, or when a Junktat tire is coming or a High noon or Auto Aim, its actually hurting your game (and thusly your team).

Had some great games tonight. Getting the hang of Mercy and Genji.

Finally getting into a groove where I can comfortably play each role.

Forkball

lol fuck hanzo's arrow. shit doesn't even touch at all.

I've been killed by so many stray Hanzo arrows. Keyword being stray. Yeah, if you get sniped by Hanzo it happens, but there are so many times when Hanzo is aiming for a completely different character and yet hits me in the split second I'm in his line of sight when trying to go somewhere else.

55.5% WR for tonight/morning. i'm done for now.

blizzard can't come soon enough with the mccree nerf.

I've been killed by so many stray Hanzo arrows. Keyword being stray. Yeah, if you get sniped by Hanzo it happens, but there are so many times when Hanzo is aiming for a completely different character and yet hits me in the split second I'm in his line of sight when trying to go somewhere else.

pretty much. feels like the hit box has another hit box on it lol

Two Words

I think I've found something more annoying than Mei. I've been having a lot of success on offense rushing to the defense's spawn with Winston and picking off the squishier enemies. He's too mobile to take out if he doesn't like the skirmish.

She has an emote where she checks her pulse and shrugs when there's nothing there

Don't trust Mercy!

Oh yeah, I know that. As said, I definitely think she's deeper than what she's leading everyone to believe.

That feeling when you block 30k damage as Rein and they commend Mercy. Feels so bad man.

I usually vote for the tank if the healer was sub-par or there wasn't somebody who was doing a lot of objective control (which usually ends up being tanks anyway).

Worst feeling is having 30 objective kills as Symmetra, having denied the enemies access to the payload for several minutes due to devious turreting, and everybody commending the Reaper who just had more raw damage/kills than you. :(
Edit: Especially after the same Reaper got PotG for pressing Q and landing a triple kill, while your turret + beam gun triple kill goes unnoticed.
Edit2: And yes I'm salty about that. u_u So unfair, game.

LiK

Played against a really good Widow and boy was that frustrating. Dude stayed back and just kept sniping people off. Never bothered helping with the payload when everyone died. What a doofus.

Raptor

55.5% WR for tonight/morning. i'm done for now.

blizzard can't come soon enough with the mccree nerf.

pretty much. feels like the hit box has another hit box on it lol
Dont Know whats more annoying if mcree combo or the huuuge hanzo arrow hit box god damn seriously.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Played against a really good Widow and boy was that frustrating. Dude stayed back and just kept sniping people off. Never bothered helping with the payload when everyone died. What a doofus.

So he did his job then? :)

Machina

Banned
It's an incredible phenomenon in gaming, when the popularity of a game is directly linked to the quality of the players that play it. When one skyrockets, the other plummets. Soooo many horrible sightseeing pubs.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Great Fun games I've been having...

First 32 Elimination with Widowmaker:
GcF1omvl.jpg

Fuck camping, push hard, adjust location every few kills, chase objective

Tracer 20-0:
Rfd2Pogl.jpg

Meifu Da Try MVP!:
NckeWDkl.jpg

18 Elimination Streak as Zenyatta, haha:
c1lnz4Vl.jpg

5A4hJBwl.jpg

Who says you can't win as Torb on Hanamura as Attack... How about the Weekly Brawl giving you 5 Torbs and a Hog at the start, Haha:
Start:
Sokn6Mzl.jpg

End:
XA4dYc5l.jpg

Me:
5DkeIBdl.jpg

GRuRa0Tl.jpg

Also lol a these hilarious teams, was fun:
M62DvTgl.jpg

w9XPG6pl.jpg

Had a match of King's Row on defense as Widow and I got to grapple straight up and fly through the air and headshot a Mercy hiding behind a car. It was sick. The Mercy even said in the all-chat that was a nice shot.

I haven't seen any Widows in pubs go for those air shots and they are really missing out.

Kiro

Acquired two more trophies tonight. Only 7 left.

Genji X2
Hanzo ult
Dva ult
Winston ult
Zenyatta x2

Believe. The plat will be mine!

Rhaknar

No, they lost. It was close to the checkpoint too.

I thought you said he was a good widow. If yhe good widow kills 2 people in 2 seconds, your team is now 5 v 4, widow doesnt need to be in the fight. If they then lose that team fight, thats on them.

Yes im defending my most hated hero and no I dont play widow. But this idea that snipers are supposed to both stay back and kill the entire enemy team, but also be at the payload or contest points is getting kinda silly.

You started your post with saying it was a good widow. So i assume she was killing a lot of people. So maybe that loss was on her teammates that couldnt handle fights where they had the upper hand.

Raptor

Piss me off when pubs just dont want to get into the damn objective like in this one game two junkrats staying god Knows where just spaming bombs at the objective, if you dont go in there we will never capture it god damn it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Legit. I'm on ps4 so I can't talk to the other team.

And yes I haven't technically gotten lockout but I have like 10 times and it's not very hard.

Impressive

I myself have been doing legit too..
Stuck @56%
30/60 trophies earned
Those Zenyattas are a pain in the ass

You can boost on ps4/xbone, takes much coordination

LiK

I thought you said he was a good widow. If yhe good widow kills 2 people in 2 seconds, your team is now 5 v 4, widow doesnt need to be in the fight. If they then lose that team fight, thats on them.

Yes im defending my most hated hero and no I dont play widow. But this idea that snipers are supposed to both stay back and kill the entire enemy team, but also be at the payload or contest points is getting kinda silly.

You started your post with saying it was a good widow. So i assume she was killing a lot of people. So maybe that loss was on her teammates that couldnt handle fights where they had the upper hand.

well, I take back what I said. He was a shitty Widow.

Kiro

Impressive

I myself have been doing legit too..
Stuck @56%
30/60 trophies earned

Those Zenyattas are a pain in the ass

I have an idea on how to get rapid discord. But I must keep it a secret because it's a clever set up that I can't have everyone know. I think it will work if I have 2 bastions on voice chat.

LiK

I have an idea on how to get rapid discord. But I must keep it a secret because it's a clever set up that I can't have everyone know. I think it will work if I have 2 bastions on voice chat.

Seems like a pain to chase the trophies. I find myself playing worse by worrying about it. Managed to get two more yesterday from just playing normal.

Kiro

Seems like a pain to chase the trophies. I find myself playing worse by worrying about it. Managed to get two more yesterday from just playing normal.

I don't worry about it. I play for the win over the achievements. But I am selective with my ult placements and timing. And I play only characters I haven't finished (unless I need to fill a role for the team)

Lol are you like 12 or something?

No lol but its a spot that no team uses or checks and exposes the backs of the entire enemy team so I rather not have it be a common thing.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Played a bunch of games with 5 other friends and we came across some...interesting comps. There was the usual Bastion + Reinhardt + Mercy + Widowmaker comp, but then we also barely lost to a triple Zarya + triple D.Va comp. They had shields for days. I should have switched to Zenyatta earlier, he turned out to be pretty good at shredding them, but they were too close to the end of the map and managed to push the payload after a Zarya + D.Va ult combo.

Nothing but stomps today. Either my team stomped or got stomped.

Hopefully ranked matchmaking evens things out, with the crazy good people going off in matchmaking while the rest of us casual players get an even playing field.

Nothing but stomps today. Either my team stomped or got stomped.

Hopefully ranked matchmaking evens things out, with the crazy good people going off in matchmaking while the rest of us casual players get an even playing field.

Same here today sucked, got matchmaked with some 100+ while me and my team are around 30, makes no sense.

Hex

Banned
The kind of night I am having:
"Can someone take care of the sniper on the catwalk?" me
"I don't see you doin' anythin about it" not me
"Yeah why don't you go get them?" not me #2
While I am the only one who has been close the objective to stop it moving the entire game and focusing on that.

darklin0

Banned
The kind of night I am having:
"Can someone take care of the sniper on the catwalk?" me
"I don't see you doin' anythin about it" not me
"Yeah why don't you go get them?" not me #2
While I am the only one who has been close the objective to stop it moving the entire game and focusing on that.
That attitude is so damn annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom