• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having spray and voice line sucks but.... duplicates ? Fucking really ? It's already hard enough to get skins they didn't need to do that :/

I'd be okay with all these fucking duplicates if Blizzard at least let us earn credits from every match. Even if it's just 10-25 or something.

How do I play against only AIs? I wanna practice some heroes but when I click it under training, I get put in matchmaking. Why is it matchmaking when I want to play against the AI?
Custom game -> add AI. Play skirmish as hell (under settings for the custom game).
Why does Roadhog pull put Lucio BEHIND him? :( I feel like it does it even if I'm not pressing buttons.
That seems to happen when the netcode does its thing. When I get pulled through objects and walls it tends to put me behind the hog.

ElyrionX

Nothing but stomps today. Either my team stomped or got stomped.

Hopefully ranked matchmaking evens things out, with the crazy good people going off in matchmaking while the rest of us casual players get an even playing field.

Yeah this was my experience last night solo queueing as well.

I grouped up with three other guys after a while. So it was four of us plus two randoms. We were generally level 40 and above and the two randoms were level 8 and 16 while all six on the other team were level 30+. The level 16 guy was ok but the level 8 was completely clueless. Does not push the objective at all and would use Reaper to fight enemies at mid to long range. He was basically deadweight. So we lost two games. Next two games, the two randoms got balanced over to the other team and the level 8 guy was still completely clueless on their side. So we stomped them for two games. And that, in a nutshell, is matchmaking.

He doesn't have to do anything to heal people. So yea, he's overtuned compared to the other supports who legit have to do a lot of work and be extremely situationally aware at all times to be useful.

Sure he's great, but he has downsides. For one, he more complements success than creates it. He's at his best with a team thats already kicking ass and sticking together. If your team's constantly getting fractured, and you're left buffing only 1 or 2 people, you'll really wish you had a mercy instead.

I'm starting to run into double Lucio teams and it just makes the whole enemy team an unkillable menace.

LETS BREAK IT DOOOOOOOWN
*2 minutes later*
LETS BREAK IT DOOOOOOOWN
*40 seconds later*
LETS BREAK IT DOOOOOOOWN

champloo

Yeah, there just is no defense for duplicates. It's the only knock against the game so far. Even shitty mobile games get that right, it's definitely above greedy on the part of Blizzard.

If there is no duplicates, you will exhaust all the spray\icon\voice line, and eventually you are gonna get 4 legendary skins in one box just because there is nothing else to unlock.
It is frustrating, but I think there is a reason for it besides Blizzard being greedy.

Ramirez

is there a list here of people playing on PS4? Never played with anyone here so why not give it a go.

There's plenty of people, 20+ on my FL every night, just add people from that Google document.

I really wish the console community could get its own thread, it's extremely hard to build any kind of community or discuss the games you played when 90% of the thread is talking PC.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sure he's great, but he has downsides. For one, he more complements success than creates it. He's at his best with a team thats already kicking ass and sticking together. If your team's constantly getting fractured, and you're left buffing only 1 or 2 people, you'll really wish you had a mercy instead.

Lucio tends to force people to stick close to him from what I find.

Meanwhile as mercy you're just chasing everyone and getting gunned down because no one is looking out for you.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

If all teams stuck together, Winston+Soldier+Lucio+Rein+filler would be unstoppable. Well, until they ran into the 5x Junkrat team. lol

Lucio tends to force people to stick close to him from what I find.

Meanwhile as mercy you're just chasing everyone and getting gunned down because no one is looking out for you.

Never mercy someone you don't know, thats my rule. She really shines when you can tell you're buddy to turn around and blast the tracer off your ass when you need to.

What is your level ?

78 I believe? 79? Something like that.

There are very few downsides to Lucio. The fact that he can keep his whole team healed while roaming around objectives and knocking people off cliffs is a big deal. The fact that you often see 2 of him on a team at the pro level tells you everything you need to know. He is a foundational pick. You need him on your team if you want to be successful. He is creating and supporting success by enabling his teammates. That's exactly what a Support should do by design. That's why he's so good.

darklin0

Banned

Aselith

If there is no duplicates, you will exhaust all the sprayiconvoice line, and eventually you are gonna get 4 legendary skins in one box just because there is nothing else to unlock.
It is frustrating, but I think there is a reason for it besides Blizzard being greedy.

What a travesty that would be! I would be so pissed to get 4 legendaries.

BigDug13

I wouldn't mind a Lucio Nerf :p

He's the healing class for people who hate playing a healer class. They better not nerf the fun out of the most fun support class to play. It's already hard enough getting people wanting to play support.

If there is no duplicates, you will exhaust all the sprayiconvoice line, and eventually you are gonna get 4 legendary skins in one box just because there is nothing else to unlock.

Giving only 20% currency for duplicates when actual currency drops out of the same color box would be 50% is greedy though on their part. An extra fuck you for getting a duplicate is only giving you a tiny fraction of what it's worth. 200 currency for a duplicate 1000 currency item when yellow cash would have gotten me 500 showcases that Blizzard is just not getting it.

Antiwhippy

Like the only downside to lucio I can think about is that he doesn't do as much damage as the other attacking classes, but he still does a decent enough damage to wear down on enemies, doesn't actually have to decide between attack or healing, has his knockback which can kill people in certain maps, and it's not even his main purpose.

He has better survivability than the other supports and even quite a number of the assualts/defense heroes, insane mobility, basically is a HP+ for a group just by being near them, and his ult is only second to mercy's when it comes to pushing/surviving a push.

spiritfox

He's the healing class for people who hate playing a healer class. They better not nerf the fun out of the most fun support class to play. It's already hard enough getting people wanting to play support.

How about we buff Zenyatta so that he can actually be a proper healer rather than being an offense class with a heal?

I foresee a Valve like approach to support. Keep buffing until people play them. The blood sucker was a direct upgrade for medic as was his melee.

nbraun80

What a travesty that would be! I would be so pissed to get 4 legendaries.

i mean it start a whole other debate but they're giving free updates for the life of the game and loot crates supplement that, if that's the way they decided to do it, giving people everything before their lvl 100 would kinda screw all that over.

I play 5 characters seriously, and 3 of them are supports, so not really seeing that. But, that said, no nerfs. Buff the wimpier healer characters if they're so useless.

rafa

Neo Member
How about we buff Zenyatta so that he can actually be a proper healer rather than being an offense class with a heal?

I've seen Zenyattas out-heal Mercy before; it's not that difficult to do. If you ask me, Zenyatta is a more versatile healer than Mercy, she just has that baller resurrection.

ramyeon

A whole day of playing has left me with a lot of hate for good Tracer players. They're so infuriating. Just played a game with a guy playing Tracer that trolled me the whole time by hunting me down and killing me.

konjak

I've seen Zenyattas out-heal Mercy before; it's not that difficult to do. If you ask me, Zenyatta is a more versatile healer than Mercy, she just has that baller resurrection.

I agree with this, I feel super useful as Zenyatta, healing and debuffing. More than when I am Mercy.

Aselith

i mean it start a whole other debate but they're giving free updates for the life of the game and loot crates supplement that, if that's the way they decided to do it, giving people everything before their lvl 100 would kinda screw all that over.

There are around 1000 items in the game. If they didn't do duplicates, it would still take more than 200 levels to get all of the items. I've put about 20 hours into the game and I'm level 27. There would still be incentive to buy loot crates.

BigDug13

I agree that Zen needs a buff but not because he needs to be a better healer. He fits a great niche of explosive damage dealer and just needs a survivability buff. He's plenty of fun as an offensive class with a heal, but not fun when he's so easily killed. Buffing his healing ability isn't exactly what that class is desperately needing, nor should offensive capability be something support classes lack in every case. The problem is with groups thinking they no longer need a support class if Zen or Symmetra is picked. That's not necessarily the reality of what your team needs.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Huh? That's just a truism, not a reason. Yes, at some point after unlocking the 500 icons, voices and palette swaps, you might feasible get a box with multiple legendaries. That's not a problem or anything, because all it is is rewarding a player who has spent a stupid amount of time (or money, I guess) playing the game and who has to have opened multiple boxes of useless stuff.

Even Wizards of the Coast, one of the worst digital entities in the top-tier of game makers, dropped duplicates because of their inherent feelbads. And that was in a F2P game.

That being said, I don't want to overstate this or anything. Duplicates are a problem I hope they fix, but since it's all cosmetic stuff you're hardly ever going to actually see, it's not a huge deal. Just sort of a stray hair in the 4-course meal that is Overwatch.

BigDug13

I play 5 characters seriously, and 3 of them are supports, so not really seeing that. But, that said, no nerfs. Buff the wimpier healer characters if they're so useless.

But whenever you decide you don't want to play support, who ends up getting picked the most by those who don't play support often? I see mostly Lucio.

I'm level 70ish now and I've found about 5 or 6 legendary skins and collected about 3k currency. If you play this on and off for a month or two (as opposed to a madman like myself) you should have whatever you want if you prioritize and don't want everything there is equally.

Rad-

I'm starting to run into double Lucio teams and it just makes the whole enemy team an unkillable menace.

LETS BREAK IT DOOOOOOOWN
*2 minutes later*
LETS BREAK IT DOOOOOOOWN
*40 seconds later*
LETS BREAK IT DOOOOOOOWN

Wait till you face a double Mercy team that knows how to take advantage of the shield bug... (Mercy charges her ult while damage amping a hero who shoots at shields)

HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE

BigDug13

Wait till you face a double Mercy team that knows how to take advantage of the shield bug... (Mercy charges her ult while damage amping a hero who shoots at shields)

HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE
*20 seconds later*
HEROES NEVER DIE

Is that really a bug? You're damage amping someone attempting to take down one of the best abilities in the game in the reinhart shield.

Antiwhippy

You know what.

That is a beautiful future and I hope we get there.

Also look at his insane mobility. He easily chased down a ziplining widowmaker. Wall-jumping/climbing is so fucking clutch. Also a lot of fun too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom