• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

konjak

I'm not the best aim in shooters as I rarely play them, but how the fuck good Widow players instantly snipe people in their heads as they fidget around is beyond me. I feel I get headshots by pure guesses where people will be going.

Danj

First time properly playing Bastion. Of course I got POTG.

I don't play Bastion nearly as much as I did during the beta but there are definitely situations where you want a Bastion on your team. If you're pushing a payload and you can get a Bastion set up on it behind a Reinhardt shield you can really wreck the enemy's shit.

Klyka

Banned
I wish i had a pocket mercy like all the good players *dream*

Overwatch_Profilbilder_Mercy-buffed.jpg

zoukka

I'm not the best aim in shooters as I rarely play them, but how the fuck good Widow players instantly snipe people in their heads as they fidget around is beyond me. I feel I get headshots by pure guesses where people will be going.

Practice improves your reaction time and hand eye coordination and map awareness. Good performance and mouse also help.

BigDug13

I don't play Bastion nearly as much as I did during the beta but there are definitely situations where you want a Bastion on your team. If you're pushing a payload and you can get a Bastion set up on it behind a Reinhardt shield you can really wreck the enemy's shit.

It's nice to switch to one every once in awhile too if your team never had one and the opposition isn't built against it. Catches them off guard.

MartyStu

True.

That said: there is no joy greater than killing a Bastion or Torb turrret right as they are setting up to wreck your team.

I did it like 5 - 6 time during my last match...

...The satisfaction was immense...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
watching seagull play mei... I'm disgusted

i could only dream of being so cunty

It's beautiful.

I've started getting more long mid range headshots since watching him. It's hilarious how oppressive she can be in all ranges. The enemy team kept trying their damnedest to kill me.

ramyeon

Yeah I just haven't played as him because he just looks and feels so boring to me. He definitely wrecks shit though.

Vitanimus

It's beautiful.

I've started getting more long mid range headshots since watching him. It's hilarious how oppressive she can be in all ranges. The enemy team kept trying their damnedest to kill me.

yah im watching a lot of his vods now, i'm kinda amazed

overwatch is my first game playing with kb+m so the controls are still a little weird but seeing stuff like seagull constantly moving and jumping helps a lot with what I should be doing
5PgeuoX.gif

Klyka

Banned

overwatch is my first game playing with kb+m so the controls are still a little weird but seeing stuff like seagull constantly moving and jumping helps a lot with what I should be doing
5PgeuoX.gif

This is just so cute to me, haha

Antiwhippy

5PgeuoX.gif

Most valuable thing I've learnt that is if you get the jump on a 76 he's a dead soldier. Can't out dps your freeze.

Also started punching more. Her gloves make it look so adorable.

Repo Man

Had to stop playing due to so many utterly shit players about atm.

- Lets play team deathmatch and ignore objective!
- Lets cap the objective and THEN go play team deathmatch and leave the healer and 1 dps to guard the point.
- Resurrect a Reinhardt on control point, Reinhardt does fuck all and just stands there as he doesn't realise hes been ressed.
- Almost everyone has picked their heroes with us being on attack and me having picked tank so we just need a healer. Last guy picks a Junkrat so now we have 2 of them and no healer. GG

Try again later I guess.

Vitanimus

This is just so cute to me, haha

2casul4u?

Most valuable thing I've learnt that is if you get the jump on a 76 he's a dead soldier. Can't out dps your freeze.

Also started punching more. Her gloves make it look so adorable.

i mean, i only found out yesterday i could cancel my own ice walls.......................

but yeah, i hardly ever melee. usually i'm trying to focus on getting mei positioned favorably so that my ice walls don't deter from my team too much.

nOoblet16

Ran into two little cunts.

We wont he game where I pretty much carried the team with gold in kills, objective time and objective kills in defense. Single handedly pushed the team from point twice. I got a quadruple kill for one of them which got the PoTG. We win and two guys started posting Ez in team chat asap, they were so determined that they wrote it again in game chat for the other team to see. I said ofcourse you found it easy cause you didn't do anything.

They called me salty etc, so I pointed out that I was in their team and they didn't do anything to contribute. At this point they called me a "niggro". I remarked "What are you 12", one says "no I am 6" the other says "I'm 1"...lol

We lose the 2nd round ofc since attacking in hanamura requires teamwork, and they were being useless again. After game they said how they were "tired of niggros".

Antiwhippy

2casul4u?

i mean, i only found out yesterday i could cancel my own ice walls.......................

but yeah, i hardly ever melee. usually i'm trying to focus on getting mei positioned favorably so that my ice walls don't deter from my team too much.

That's the thing too, i realised that you should be a lot more up front instead of passively wait for them to get to your range. If you're upfront cutting off and separating enemy groups (don't just block them all, all it does is allow them to regroup) with ice wall, you generally won't find yourself deterring your team.

I'm Lvl 66, 57 hours into this game (plus another 22 lvls from beta) and I just realized yesterday that Torbjorn and Roadhog have alternate fires.

Danj

Yeah I just haven't played as him because he just looks and feels so boring to me. He definitely wrecks shit though.

Well yeah it's not like you'd play him all the time. Bastion is definitely a choice of convenience, just to wreck stuff enough to push the game forward more, then you die and switch back to someone else.

Kito

I wish I wasn't so terrible at a keyboard and mouse for this game. Guess I'll double dip on PS4 eventually.

I started off terrible with m+kb, and now it's second nature.

Note I use my keyboard exclusively for WASD and space bar. I have a gaming mouse with abilities, ultimate, weapon switch (e.g. Mercy), and melee attack all mapped on it.

ramyeon

My luck with paid loot boxes has been amazing. I thought 4 legendary drops from 24 was good, which I've had twice, but tonight I bought 11 boxes and got 5 legendary drops from it! Have enough currency for 2 more legendary skins now too.

PaulloDEC

I think I might have to stop playing Mercy. I'll be sad to see her go, but in the games I've been playing in groups of three or four, my winrate with her is speaking for itself.

Maybe if we manage to put a full group of six together I'll pick her up again, but right now Lucio is a much safer bet with a 50/50 winrate (compared to my 30/70 winrate for Mercy).

kabel

I think I might have to stop playing Mercy. I'll be sad to see her go, but in the games I've been playing in groups of three or four, my winrate with her is speaking for itself.

Maybe if we manage to put a full group of six together I'll pick her up again, but right now Lucio is a much safer bet with a 50/50 winrate (compared to my 30/70 winrate for Mercy).

she is fun to play though

899585d1465683311-sammelthread-overwatch-unbenannt.jpg

Angel_DvA

First time I was using Zenyata and it looks like I was rocking it lol:

I have one complaint about Mercy that I use a lot though:

Mercy need to be buff, she's pretty useless at healing and has no survivability compare to Lucio, what they need to do is to change the way Guardian Angel works, put a bigger cooldown to it but make it heal her when she's using it, each time she's flying towards a partner gives her X healing points... could be great.

Hyun Sai

I think I'll stay with around 4 heroes till I'm comfortable with them on all the maps. Soldier 76 for offense, Bastion for Defense, Reihnardt for Tank and Lucio (or Zen depending of the comp) for support.

Any attempt for "counter picking" with a hero I don't usually play ends very bad. I guess I'm a slow learner and I'll live with that ^^

PaulloDEC

she is fun to play though

899585d1465683311-sammelthread-overwatch-unbenannt.jpg

I agree, and we're not alone:

Unfortunately she's simultaneously the most popular and the least likely to win.

Mercy need to be buff, she's pretty useless at healing and has no survivability compare to Lucio, what they need to do is to change the way Guardian Angel works, put a bigger cooldown to it but make it heal her when she's using it, each time she's flying towards a partner gives her X healing points... could be great.

I hear Mercy is pretty popular in the competitive scene, but the stats definitely show that us regular scrubs aren't having much luck. Maybe there'll be a buff of some kind sometime down the line.

kabel

she's pretty useless at healing

She is by far the best heal in the game.
Last night: 62% teamdamage healed(12k+)
With non retards as teammates I always get 40%+ healed. And most of the time this means a win for us.

And she has an okay mobility. If you know where your mates are, you will not get caught alone. Even when raodhog grabs me, 50% of the time I can do a 180° and SHIFT to my bros.

Vitanimus

how do people usually play mercy? i tend to stick to someone like roadhog but fly about to help critical healmates. does mercy function best as a dedicated healer instead?

Joined one game last night that was already in progress, Defend on Route 66. The five characters in play were: Hanzo, Hanzo, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Reaper. And one of the Hanzos was on his headset, screaming about how there were too many snipers in the team.

And did he change his character? Of course not. We were all idiots and stupid for not playing the game properly, etc etc. So I switched from Mercy to Hanzo to further rile him up.

Some people.

Angel_DvA said:
Mercy need to be buff, she's pretty useless at healing

What?

She's the best Support for healing.

how do people usually play mercy? i tend to stick to someone like roadhog but fly about to help critical healmates. does mercy function best as a dedicated healer instead?
Prioritization helps.

Heal whoever has the biggest impact and is the lowest health, something that you learn naturally over time.

Another major thing is to take advantage of the damage buff whenever possible. If your Soldier 76 or Pharah uses their ulti, buff them if possible.

Sometimes it's viable to buff them to kill the enemy and then use your ult to respawn anybody who died while you were doing that.

But like I said, something you learn naturally over time.

play with a random team on Control Lijiang Tower. was terrible. second round i actually saw the team on the point. first round it felt like 2vs6. i saw we had a pharah on the team... i don't even think i saw/heard a rocket.

Angel_DvA

She is by far the best heal in the game.
Last night: 62% teamdamage healed(12k+)
With non retards as teammates I always get 40%+ healed. And most of the time this means a win for us.

And she has an okay mobility. If you know where your mates are, you will not get caught alone. Even when raodhog grabs me, 50% of the time I can do a 180° and SHIFT to my bros.

I'm not saying she can't heal but it's more difficult to achieve something with her than other healers, especially compare to Lucio who can heal everyone at the same time without even trying and I'm not speaking about what he brings to their mobility... You need to put more effort with Mercy for the same result.

maybe they could give us the possibility to heal two people with her laser gun instead of one or I don't konw, something...

kabel

I tend to always fly between teammates. Like every 4-5 seconds I press shift. The enemies never know where I am or they try to follow me....right into their death.

Also it's a bingo if I see a Pharah up in the air. Holding spacebar while healing everyone from above -> you're the healing god(until someone decides to shoot you xD)

spiritfox

I agree, and we're not alone:

Unfortunately she's simultaneously the most popular and the least likely to win.

I hear Mercy is pretty popular in the competitive scene, but the stats definitely show that us regular scrubs aren't having much luck. Maybe there'll be a buff of some kind sometime down the line.

I think it's because she's so commonly picked that her win rate is lower. Also, she's often the "OMG we need to win so go healer" pick that gets picked up by people not used to her or only in the final few minutes, so she's often in the losing position.

Mercy can really turn things around in a fight, but it's very reliant on the player to know who to heal and when to pop the rez. Unlike Lucio who can handle himself in a fight, Mercy needs to work with the team, and that's often missing in pubs.

nOoblet16

I'm not saying she can't heal but it's more difficult to achieve something with her than other healers, especially compare to Lucio who can heal everyone at the same time without even trying and I'm not speaking about what he brings to their mobility... You need to put more effort with Mercy for the same result.

maybe they could give us the possibility to heal two people with her laser gun instead of one or I don't konw, something...
he can't heal as fast, his passive heal is slower than even Zenyatta's and there's a long cooldown to his boost.

You can easily heal 10K+ with mercy...you need really long rounds and matches to do the same with Lucio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom