• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdytoroll

Damn, I've found my love for Bastion. He's so much fun if you don't just sit in a corner all day. I like to play him a bit more mobile, flanking, playing him almost like S76 and setting up new positions every few kills.

It's also fun to do the Reinhardt + Bastion on the payload if the enemy is too bad to handle it and you have some good teammates creating chaos behind enemy lines so the payload is not always under pressure

PaulloDEC

how do people usually play mercy? i tend to stick to someone like roadhog but fly about to help critical healmates. does mercy function best as a dedicated healer instead?

I've always focussed on spreading the love as Mercy. Identify who's currently taking the most fire, get them healed up until they're not in danger any more and then jump to the next most vulnerable target. Seems to work great when your team manages to hold a reasonably close formation on the objective; not so much when you're flying around trying to nurse a bunch of lone wolves back to health.

I think it's because she's so commonly picked that her win rate is lower. Also, she's often the "OMG we need to win so go healer" pick that gets picked up by people not used to her or only in the final few minutes, so she's often in the losing position.

I'm certain those points contribute to it, yeah. And as others have noted, she's an attractive female character with a great design who can never be accused of not being a team player, so I imagine those draw a bunch of folks in too.

benzopil

I saw some clips on YouTube where people push people of ledges as Lucio and tried it yesterday and today. Looks like my pushes are 10x times weaker cuz even if I'm close to an enemy and push the button, they jump a little bit and don't care about what I did.

Are there any secrets how to git gud with this ability?

I saw some clips on YouTube where people push people of ledges as Lucio and tried it yesterday and today. Looks like my pushes are 10x times weaker cuz even if I'm close to an enemy and push the button, they jump a little bit and don't care about what I did.

Are there any secrets how to git gud with this ability?

Closer you are to them the further they will go.

FtHTiny

Finally decided to stop playing every hero half good and focuse on 3-4.
It surprised me how much better i got in no time at all.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Logged in did one match where I was clearly the +1 in a 5 stack vs a superior 5 stack and logged out. I did not expect this game to die so quickly for me. I think I better just hold off playing until the patch and see what it brings.

Sane_Man

Is there some kind of trick to the regain 900 health in one life trophy? I've done it so many times and it's just not popping for me.

Zomba13

Sooo... Rating a match. What exactly are we rating it on? Anyone know? If the connection was good? If the community was good? If the players were of equal skill?

benzopil

Is there some kind of trick to the regain 900 health in one life trophy? I've done it so many times and it's just not popping for me.

Are you sure you are using health packs and not self heal? Play as any tank, find some turret and take damage near a health pack, do this 5-6 times.

Son Of D

Got a legendary... And it was coins. Although at least I can buy what I wanted as opposed to likely getting a costume for someone I wouldn't use.

NimbusD

I'm not the best aim in shooters as I rarely play them, but how the fuck good Widow players instantly snipe people in their heads as they fidget around is beyond me. I feel I get headshots by pure guesses where people will be going.

Yeah I have no idea, it's beyond frustrating to see the killcam of me getting killed by a widowmaker who just casually took out 3 of my teammates right before me, practically tracking us through the walls and jumping between ledges in the mean time.

Like I don't even know what to do against that.

benzopil

I was just playing some matches on Xbox while I suddenly got the message ¨have you ever been outside?¨ lol

I got message like this after I did three consecutive headshots on PS4 as widowmaker. I learn to play her since Friday and I'm much more confident with her now. Which is surprising considering how terrible I am at sniping in Destiny for example.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I love to mine-jump into a hovering Pharah's face as Junkrat and blast her with some grenades. I always imagine how cool it must look from the other player's perspective in the kill cam.

abundant

Last night, I finally used Winston's ult in a meaningful way. It was on Watchpoint: Gibraltar, during the final push. The other team gets wiped out, so I go to their spawn entrance and use Primal Rage to keep them from exiting their spawn room, helping my team to victory.

thank god the last game the other team wasn't that good. 13 kill streak with zenyatta. the only time i died because i didn't know there was a cliff when i moved back from the first point LOL

Nioret

I'm having alot of trouble playing Tracer right now in high level games. It's bad enough she dies to almost anything and the low tick never prefers her dodges, but with more teams being cohesive I have trouble getting flanks.

Any tips?

EDIT: This is on PC, btw.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
King of the Hill > everything. Those double 99% overtimes are the game at its ass-clenching best. Payload is either infuriating or a snoozefest 9 times out of 10.

Those nearly there finishes on payload is so good though.

Not a huge fan if some koth maps.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like attack/defend as I feel defending is much easier and just way more fun, I hate the long run backs on attack. King of the Hill is the most balanced and enjoyable I'd say. Payload is somewhere in the middle.

Meia

Mercy need to be buff, she's pretty useless at healing and has no survivability compare to Lucio, what they need to do is to change the way Guardian Angel works, put a bigger cooldown to it but make it heal her when she's using it, each time she's flying towards a partner gives her X healing points... could be great.

Mercy has the strongest solo healing of any of the support in the game, with the ability to buff her target's damage by a not small amount, has the ability to bring everyone back to life around her(that comes up VERY often if you have any damage sponges on your team like roadhog), and recovers her own health if you just stop taking damage.

I dunno, maybe the hundred or so hours of the TF2 medic(which plays almost the same minus the escape button she has built in) taught me how to survive effectively. Be very good at dodging shots, always look behind you, and don't feel afraid to pull out your gun if you feel you need to(solo'd a soldier 76 the other day who misses his rocket opening salvo).

Ultimately, both her and Lucio are different enough to be great ideas on Blizz's part. I've lost games with a Lucio because a Lucio can't pump out the solid single target heals that a Mercy can, and I've lost games because we've had a Mercy that couldn't pump out the steady AoE heals that a Lucio can. There's also the difference between Res making people around you alive after a stun, and a Lucio preventing any death in the first place with his res. Mercy gives a slight advantage in her healing power, but Lucio has a bigger advantage in helping his team kill shit around him(always funny that some forget his AoE pushback does damage). They're just really well balanced.

Zenyatta and Symmetra are different matters. :p

patchday

I think I might have to stop playing Mercy. I'll be sad to see her go, but in the games I've been playing in groups of three or four, my winrate with her is speaking for itself.

Maybe if we manage to put a full group of six together I'll pick her up again, but right now Lucio is a much safer bet with a 50/50 winrate (compared to my 30/70 winrate for Mercy).

I'm at 68% win rate on Mercy. Lucio is a good pick but so is Mercy. Make sure to have erratic movements to throw off snipers. you should be constantly ping-ponging between teammates if an enemy sniper is present and jump around if you cant target anyone to fly to. If an enemy player is targeting you more than once relay this in team chat.

I bet you know all the rest.

anyway, nothing wrong with Lucio though hes got a lot of utility

spiritfox

Same way how Reinhardt is necessary to break out on attack when the other team is spawn camping your doors.

Not really, since mobile characters can run out fast enough and distract the enemy. But KotH maps are basically made for Lucio, since the team that reaches first has time to set up and there's so many environmental kills in all the KotH maps.

I'm having alot of trouble playing Tracer right now in high level games. It's bad enough she dies to almost anything and the low tick never prefers her dodges, but with more teams being cohesive I have trouble getting flanks.

Any tips?

EDIT: This is on PC, btw.

A cohesive team isn't really going to have trouble dispatching a Tracer or at the very least making her ineffectual. If you see more than 2 people together, just leave. Don't even shoot and give yourself away. When you're not flanking she's an excellent hero to have in team fire scenarios and she can chase down and finish off anyone trying to escape. Also if you have really good aim you should be able to dispatch 200 health heroes in either 1 magazine or 1 and a half + a dash.

What seperates an annoying Tracer from an "Oh god, leave me alone" Tracer is pretty much how accurate she is.

Rad-

I don't know what the hell is with PS4 servers again today. Am I getting put into US servers from EU or something? Super laggy unplayable shit.

Son Of D

King of the Hill > everything. Those double 99% overtimes are the game at its ass-clenching best. Payload is either infuriating or a snoozefest 9 times out of 10.

I know that feeling about KotH. Made a great comeback yesterday when the enemy team was on 99% and we were on 13%. Went to Overtime, cleared the point and won the round. It's like suddenly my pub team realised that we have to work together.

It's moments like that when I enjoy pub teams. But then there are also moments where we lost a King's Row match on Defend because my team decided to take vacations when there were 10 seconds left on defending the first point which let the enemy team get the payload and only 2 of us trying to actually defend it.

Sane_Man

I died a hero:

1NwEKxl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom