• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

Oh man, what does it take to get good teammates in pubs? I swear to God it seems like half the people I play with have had strokes in the past week. Why am on the attacking team on Gibralter with a Widowmaker and a Torbjorn? Why are so many people just maining guys like Hanzo and refusing to switch even when the enemy Tracer is just killing them over and over again?

I'd like to think this game has been out long enough for people to get the memo that there's no TDM in the game, but I guess some people aren't gonna learn

T_Exige

8 W - 24 L must be getting better at higher level? Most of the time I get in a group with people that go in solo and get destroyed.

Rad-

I have 53% win rate. 2 days ago it was 56%. Oh shit that forced 50 hitting me.

x2wICfQ.jpg

Or it's just me playing bad Mercy. Whenever I play her I feel like our team gets steamrolled and then I switch to McCree, Hanzo, Junkrat or Pharah and suddenly it feels like our team has a chance again.

zonezeus

This has probably been said a million times, but Mystery Heroes should be a permanent mode.

Also got my 4th legendary skin at level 60, Bloodhardt. RNG might not favor me much, but when I finally get something it's usually really good.

Rad-

This has probably been said a million times, but Mystery Heroes should be a permanent mode.

Also got my 4th legendary skin at level 60, Bloodhardt. RNG might not favor me much, but when I finally get something it's usually really good.

It's fun but I wish there was a rule that you can't get the same hero twice in a row. I got Tracer 3 times in a row and the enemy team had 3 Winstons. Felt bad man.

X-Frame

I just discovered Junkrat -- damn that crazy whacko is an absolute beast. Crowd Control, high damage, immobilization, great Ultimate, hilarious banter.

hydruxo

I just discovered Junkrat -- damn that crazy whacko is an absolute beast. Crowd Control, high damage, immobilization, great Ultimate, hilarious banter.

Junkrat is so good. It's hilarious 1v1'ing someone with him because I feel like most people underestimate how much damage he can dish out. You can really wreck people quickly.

Meia

I never play in a group, and I feel like I'm being held to a win rate below 50% as a result of it because it seems like the MMR doesn't correctly compensate for the advantage of co-ordination, which is not at all surprising.

I played in a full group for the first time today and we won almost all of our games, so it doesn't surprise me to hear that people in groups end up quite a bit north of 50%. It seems to be at the expense of the primarily solo queue players.

This is what I feel as well. Not being in a group, more often than not I just feel like wood for a fire, instead of a player in a game.

This is a very fun game. What isn't fun is getting into lobbies where you get a gold medal for eliminations with THREE KILLS.

abundant

I never play in a group, and I feel like I'm being held to a win rate below 50% as a result of it because it seems like the MMR doesn't correctly compensate for the advantage of co-ordination, which is not at all surprising.

I played in a full group for the first time today and we won almost all of our games, so it doesn't surprise me to hear that people in groups end up quite a bit north of 50%. It seems to be at the expense of the primarily solo queue players.

After reading countless posts about this issue, it's become obvious to me that MMR only works with group play, due to the fact that in group play, everyone works as a team and picks the right heroes for the right situation, leaving skill level as the only determining factor on who wins or loses.

Rad-

I have better win rate with randoms than I have with gaffers... I get much harder enemy teams when playing with gaf.

X-Frame

Junkrat is so good. It's hilarious 1v1'ing someone with him because I feel like most people underestimate how much damage he can dish out. You can really wreck people quickly.

He really is. I remember going up against a few in close quarters who just demolished me and it was impressive as his launcher has travel time and drops off over distanc, so landing a few direct hits can destroy a lot of non-tanks.

I'm still not really sure how to utilize his little remote knockback mine thing -- any tips for that? Do I use that for remote damage?

Mendrox

60.3% winrate here \o/ fucked everyone up since this morning. Dva is too much fun and I also got 63% win rate with her so it's good.

Rad-

I'm still not really sure how to utilize his little remote knockback mine thing -- any tips for that? Do I use that for remote damage?

When throwing the mine, aim high. It flies surprisingly long. Also that way you can lob it above Reinhardt shield and knock him in the air.

Thinking about zenyatta buffs...

Would keeping everything the same except make his attack a hitscan be too insane?

I think his weapon is fine...It's already very powerful. He just needs more survivability. He is like glass if you don't have Reinhardt and Zarya in your team.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I have 290 wins and 568 games played right now which is basically 50%.

Thinking about zenyatta buffs...

Would keeping everything the same except make his attack a hitscan be too insane?

Yeah considering you can one shot most people with discord + head shot that might be too powerful. If you ask me all he needs is like a 40% move speed increase

He really is. I remember going up against a few in close quarters who just demolished me and it was impressive as his launcher has travel time and drops off over distanc, so landing a few direct hits can destroy a lot of non-tanks.

I like to put my mine inside my steel trap, and place them right around the corner of a bottleneck. For most of the squishy characters you'll get a one hit kill if they get trapped and you detonate the mine.

Also if you catch a Mei doing her self heal you can place the trap and mine right in front of her and she'll get trapped as soon as she exits her heal.

abundant

When throwing the mine, aim high. It flies surprisingly long. Also that way you can lob it above Reinhardt shield and knock him in the air.

You can also place it on a steel trap, blowing it up when the trap is triggered. Good way to cut off flanking routes, since the trap + the mine does enough damage to take out the non tank heroes.

hydruxo

His mine is good for a few different things, mainly knocking people out of formation or off the map. You can also use it as a traversal tool and boost yourself up into the air, which is really useful since Junkrat lacks any movement abilities.

Zomba13

=/ It really upsets me that the friend I have who plays a bunch, and is online a lot so easy to group up with, is terrible at the game. Nearly constantly picks Genji or Reaper and he sucks asthem and has next to zero situational awareness. When I play with him I lose like 90% of the matches :(

People who pick snipers on KOTH. Urgh. And then there are the idiots who pick a second sniper. Urgh.

I played with a sniper before and while I thought he wasn't really contributing it turns out he was cleaning up the entire match with 40-something eliminations in a koth game that lasted 2 rounds. Once you secure the point it's mainly about keeping it uncontested which a sniper is perfectly capable of doing provided they're skilled enough.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
=/ It really upsets me that the friend I have who plays a bunch, and is online a lot so easy to group up with, is terrible at the game. Nearly constantly picks Genji or Reaper and he sucks asthem and has next to zero situational awareness. When I play with him I lose like 90% of the matches :(

I'm surprised at the amount of people who pick genji considering he is actually the most unfun character to play unless you have an idea of what you're doing / how the maps work / how the enemy team is playing.

If you ask me, next to the high accuracy dependent heroes genji is probably one of the hardest to play.

Ardenyal

55.5% now. I notice that anytime I play with a group of six and go above 56% my solo queue turns to absolute shit. Teammates have 47% win rate and opponents average a 54%.

Firebrand

OK, I'm getting real fed up with McCree's flashbangs, especially on last stage of Route 66. Reminds me of the first version of the sandman in TF2 before they realized being completely immobilized wasn't fun.

ElyrionX

I played with a sniper before and while I thought he wasn't really contributing it turns out he was cleaning up the entire match with 40-something eliminations in a koth game that lasted 2 rounds. Once you secure the point it's mainly about keeping it uncontested which a sniper is perfectly capable of doing provided they're skilled enough.

I've seen it before. But it's really rare and it cannot be done for a lot of KOTH maps because you just don't have good vantage points.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm surprised at the amount of people who pick genji considering he is actually the most unfun character to play unless you have an idea of what you're doing / how the maps work / how the enemy team is playing.

If you ask me, next to the high accuracy dependent heroes genji is probably one of the hardest to play.

But he's a cool ninja.

Yep, especially in pub games where they just keep running in one by one with the same route. A body shot is usually enough for the rest of the team to clean up. But if you don't actually secure the point you can become a frustrating, dead weight.
OK, I'm getting real fed up with McCree's flashbangs, especially on last stage of Route 66. Reminds me of the first version of the sandman in TF2 before they realized being completely immobilized wasn't fun.
I'd like to see more slows and less stuns across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom