• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiro

I've taken a real liking to Torbjorn that I wasn't really expecting. His turrets are kind of expendable sometimes which affords you the ability to roam around and do some serious damage with his gun which is deceptively strong.

I was being sarcastic in my post. Not that I hate them. I really enjoy every character for different reasons.

play a match, its really close and down to the line, super fun.

one person leaves at the end

"not enough players, searching for new match"

suddenly a few matches of nothing but stacked teams where we can't even leave our spawn against a pinpoint perfect widowmaker and somewhat godly roadhog with pocket mercy at his beck and call.

1Uxu4nm.png

Pharah has as many hours as the next 6 chars combined...

And I find it interesting how my Symmetra is actually doing really well.

D.Va is so good. I think I might end up like that one other poster that only plays D.Va now. She is just so fun and when out of her mech her pistol is deceptively strong.

D.Va is so good. I think I might end up like that one other poster that only plays D.Va now. She is just so fun and when out of her mech her pistol is deceptively strong.

I loved using her in the beta and still do but I find myself having more fun with some other classes right now, she's useful for bothering snipers which is when I tend to swap to her.

I loved using her in the beta and still do but I find myself having more fun with some other classes right now, she's useful for bothering snipers which is when I tend to swap to her.

Yea, I just recently "discovered" her so to speak within the last couple days. In the beginning I was getting killed in her mech in like 2 seconds and was like, "She sucks!" So I never bothered picking her.

R0ckman

Should program game to auto reboot matchmaking if team stays is a comp that had a red warning for over a minute.

Searching for better balance in intelligence...

exYle

I love her so much but she's getting less and less useful by the day. I'm lucky to get one kill with her ult these days, people seem to just home in on her ridiculous headshot hitbox, and they just generally seem to know how to counter her. I use her to harass healers and snipers, but even they've started catching on. I used to think Zen was D.Va's natural prey, but if he's good, he will melt D.Va before she can even get to him. Hanzo, too.

Sora_N

My friend is really into her and gets the most kills usually.

I started out with her due to the design but I can't play her effectively so I rarely play her now.

Grief.exe

I got so salty today trying to solo queue with people.

Played 10 games, lost around 8 of them, and most of them were actually lost at the initial select screen.

Why can't I hold all these useless picks? Why am I getting constantly wrecked by an uncontested Widow?

meshwork

I told myself I wouldn't open any loot boxes for the next 50 levels. Box #4 and I'm starting to feel weak...

I managed to save 10 boxes, but after I got to double digits I just had to open them. I reckon it feels good to open more than one at a time, but after a certain point you start getting diminishing returns in terms of how exciting it is.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I got so salty today trying to solo queue with people.

Played 10 games, lost around 8 of them, and most of them were actually lost at the initial select screen.

Why can't I hold all these useless picks? Why am I getting constantly wrecked by an uncontested Widow?

You can always switch to D.Va or any of the other counter options for Widow and take care of her yourself.

Grief.exe

You can always switch to D.Va or any of the other counter options for Widow and take care of her yourself.

I was mostly playing Zarya/Lucio which is intrinsic to winning the game, getting offensive classes to hardswitch to a counter is like pulling teeth even when they are getting dominated by the oppositions counter picks. Essentially, I can't play all of the top-tier picks at once while my team is just riding bottom of the barrel hero picks until we hit the defeat screen.

I'll switch when I'm playing a slot that is designed to be switched, like when I pick Roadhog/Mcree/whatever offensive class. In fact, I believe those are the games we actually won.

Reaction+Head+Bash.gif

I'm so fucking salty right now.

Here's my top 10.

Started to notice more and more there's a time and place for most heroes. In my excitement I picked Tracer way too much when it seems like she thrives (on payload at least) with a fairly robust team so that she can roam and cause a ruckus. In the thick of it, while good there are better options. Now I stick to king of the hill and I win more often than not when I use her. Same with Zarya which I've been using as my go to. Zarya needs another tank and healing for when baits damage. Without those she's nowhere near her full potential.

Basically I play pubs too much.

abundant

I've taken a real liking to Torbjorn that I wasn't really expecting. His turrets are kind of expendable sometimes which affords you the ability to roam around and do some serious damage with his gun which is deceptively strong.

I've been playing Torb as a support character lately. Set up my turret, then collect scrap to hand out armor. Right now my record is handing out 22 armor packs.

Blizzard god at it again. joined a game at the last checkpoint (defend). not only they did that but i couldn't even turn left/right. WTF is that shit. they didn't want me to help out.

Satch

Banned
ok so regarding widow

how do you guys feel about her jump height
i feel like she jumps really fucking high for some reason and i would like to know if im alone

balohna

Man, I'm all for picking your "main"... but if you're the last one into a game and it's taken, and another character or two in that same role are also already chosen... maybe pick a different character? Just a thought.

Although, I did see two Lucios today that were actually grouped up and were very effective. Someone asked them to change, they didn't, we won handily and he admitted he was wrong. One of them responded with "we dem frog bois" haha

But way too many times I've seen doubles or triples of characters and we're missing a key role and get stomped.

Just experienced a Mei griefing our own team. Put up an ice wall right at the start of the match as we were all gathered at the center door. Then spent the match putting up walls to block us from getting to the point or block people as they ran to the door after respawning.

We lost that match in record time with our own teammate blocking us from getting to the point.

Just experienced a Mei griefing our own team. Put up an ice wall right at the start of the match as we were all gathered at the center door. Then spent the match putting up walls to block us from getting to the point or block people as they ran to the door after respawning.

We lost that match in record time with our own teammate blocking us from getting to the point.

Take time to report these players!

XenoRaven

The feel of speed boosting with Lucio but she still freezes you anyway
The feel of being on the outer 3/4 of her ult range but still being instantly slowed to the point where you can't escape.

The feel of instantly being slowed by her freeze gun while all the opponent does is hold R2 and hop around like an idiot without even pretending to aim while you have a timer of about 2-3 seconds to kill her otherwise you're dead.

Great design. Really happy with her kit.

zonezeus

Somehow I'm way better in Mystery Heroes than in normal Quick Play. I mean I'm not awful in QP either, but in Mystery Heroes I'm consistently getting a shitload of gold medals in almost every category while in QP I can usually count only on healing and/or objective time. Blizzard make Mystery Heroes a permanent mode!

Is it just me or did the Matchmaking (on EU) shit the bed just now? Or maybe it's just cause I'm playing with other low level players?

Quick Play, join a game, instantly on the Defeat screen. New game starts, people leave, reinstancing cause too few players. Join another game, instantly on the Defeat screen again.
I also got kicked out of 2 games by the server for "inactivity" literally as the hero selection screen came up for me.

Klyka

Banned
pfffhahaha

there is literally no reason to play a round with pubbies when the enemy team has a good widowmaker. She literally solos your entire team,no matter what you do.

GG Widowmaker XD

Is it just me or did the Matchmaking (on EU) shit the bed just now? Or maybe it's just cause I'm playing with other low level players?

Quick Play, join a game, instantly on the Defeat screen. New game starts, people leave, reinstancing cause too few players. Join another game, instantly on the Defeat screen again.
I also got kicked out of 2 games by the server for "inactivity" literally as the hero selection screen came up for me.

It has been like that for me the last few evenings, I'm lower level and have been regularly playing in or with teams of people in the 60's to 90's, I don't know all the maps well enough to be playing with those (have learned more about the game playing with them though). Quite a lot of inactivity drops as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom