• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Aww yiss! Finally got another legendary. Only my second random one in 40 levels. But I'll take it!

sQ3WgWO.jpg

... Also, I call this the "I'm not one of THOSE people" screenshot.

nOoblet16

I'm surprised at the amount of people who pick genji considering he is actually the most unfun character to play unless you have an idea of what you're doing / how the maps work / how the enemy team is playing.

If you ask me, next to the high accuracy dependent heroes genji is probably one of the hardest to play.

Imo Genji is harder to play than anyone anyway, cause not only do you require accuracy but also very high situational awareness and a knack for timing.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Wait, nothing wrong with Winston and zarya.

Completely agreed. But when you pick her, nobody ever picks a healer... and I'd rather have a Lucio or Mercy. As for Winston, he's really great if you have no tanks... but I like the other tanks more.

But no McCree bullshit. No Widow stealing. Etc.

Braag

I'm surprised at the amount of people who pick genji considering he is actually the most unfun character to play unless you have an idea of what you're doing / how the maps work / how the enemy team is playing.

If you ask me, next to the high accuracy dependent heroes genji is probably one of the hardest to play.

I have 14 hours on Genji (more than any other hero) and I agree it's one of the hardest heroes to play but once you manage to wreck shit with him, it feels a hell of a lot more rewarding than with any other hero.
Also knowing the map layout and health pack locations is essential. If the enemy team has several heroes which use beam weapons I usually switch though :p

Gotta say I'm looking forward to the next patch, I don't find McCree nearly as OP as Widow (at least on PC) so I hope they have something in store for her as well. If the enemy team has even an average Widow, your team needs to dedicate a Genji or a Winston to keep pressure on her, or she will completely wreck your entire team.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
But he's a cool ninja.

Lol yeah I guess that would definitely do it.

Imo Genji is harder to play than anyone anyway, cause not only do you require accuracy but also very high situational awareness and a knack for timing.

Yeah to be able to play Genji properly you need to be able to figure out the rhythm of a match to figure out when their enemy team is pushing or holding, when they're spread out so you can single one out and gank and when they're grouped so you can sweep in and ult when your team is attacking. You need to be very good at positioning yourself so you can deflect damage and you also need pretty good skills at leading shots if you ever hope to hit anything with your shurikens. Genji requires you to kind of put all his skills to use in almost one flawless combo to score a kill.

Which is why I'm surprised at the amount of people who pick genji just because he looks cool.

Ranked will use the same matchmaking as quick play.

I was speaking in the context of him worrying about his Elims/Death, stats etc in a mode where a majority of the players just play it like a TDM. Ranked should bring in the more competitive minded players and weed out the "lol most elims" guys.

Stats and Wins in Quick Play mean literally nothing right now. I don't care if you have a 70% win rate in QP does not mean you are good yourself. It isn't a accurate measure of anything. Just like Player Levels, oh cool youre level 100+, all that says is you've play the game for a lot longer than most, it doesn't automatically make you a Pro or anything close.

I'm saying once Ranked comes into play worrying about win/loss and other numerical stats would actually have some value as they will help determine what tier the player will rise and fall to.

Completely agreed. But when you pick her, nobody ever picks a healer... and I'd rather have a Lucio or Mercy. As for Winston, he's really great if you have no tanks... but I like the other tanks more.

But no McCree bullshit. No Widow stealing. Etc.

I really don't understand the stigma pubs towards having more than 1 Tank/Support. You see it all in high level matches. Rein and Winston/Roadhog combo, Mercy/Lucio is a devastating combination of support.

But in pubs as soon you see 1 Tank/1 Support the others automatically switch to *insert DPS here* so you have a comp of 1T 1H and 4 randomly assorted DPS.

My Genji games either go, like, 8-7 or 20-2. I used to have a lot of the latter and few of the former, but with the way things have been going these last few days...

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I have 14 hours on Genji (more than any other hero) and I agree it's one of the hardest heroes to play but once you manage to wreck shit with him, it feels a hell of a lot more rewarding than with any other hero.
Also knowing the map layout and health pack locations is essential. If the enemy team has several heroes which use beam weapons I usually switch though :p

I agree, I have about the same time played on Genji and I don't think I started feeling comfortable playing genji until I had at least 5 hours under my belt with him. I remember it was after one match where the enemy genji who was a complete god just dismantled our team I decided to "go to the dojo" and learn how to actually play genji.

The most important aspect to doing well as genji is 100% knowing the map and how people move around that map.

I would like to see his ult reworked, it requires exposing yourself a little too much which is very conflicting with his main play style, also when the ult runs out you're usually caught out in the open completely.

wrongway

OK, I'm getting real fed up with McCree's flashbangs, especially on last stage of Route 66. Reminds me of the first version of the sandman in TF2 before they realized being completely immobilized wasn't fun.

It's pretty grating. I don't know why Blizzard thought a stun, let alone an AOE stun, was a smart thing to have in a game with such low TTK. Forcibly removing player agency is a powerfully negative thing, and it sticks out like a sore thumb in a game that's otherwise designed around being a very positive experience. I'm sure I'm not the only one to suggest this, but it should be a snare + partial ability lockout (like Junkrat's trap), not a stun.

Canucked

I really don't understand the stigma pubs towards having more than 1 Tank/Support. You see it all in high level matches. Rein and Winston/Roadhog combo, Mercy/Lucio is a devastating combination of support.

But in pubs as soon you see 1 Tank/1 Support the others automatically switch to *insert DPS here* so you have a comp of 1T 1H and 4 randomly assorted DPS.

Two widows seems more acceptable to some groups than two support. It's annoying.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Do people really not find tanks that often?

I play tank mostly and quite a few times I switch out because there's 2 more tanks already filling the slot. There's usually another tank with me.

So I did some tweaking and damn, this game still looks pretty nice on low. Going for 110hz at 1440p and it's such a better feeling experience than ultra at 60hz.

Bliddo

No way....
I got a 25 kill streak, but since I was in the weekly brawl, the trophy didn't pop.
I'll never play that well again :D

Nori Chan

Got the free 10 dollars for the Fallout incident on xbox and said screw it, Ima buy 10 (11) loot boxes. Got two legendaries (500 coins :( and Ribbot Lucio), about 5 epics, Two Genji poses, winston intro video, and some emotes. Got a lot of coins from duplicates and drops that made me kinda sad. Overall I have 825 coins, after having 120 before I got them.

MBison

Amazing things about this game:

I'm level 94 and still discovering stuff.

There are characters I haven't tried cause I have so much fun with others but as soon as I try a new character I fall in love all over again.

How'd they make so many fun to play characters?

Best character design since Street Fighter 2

Stats don't matter at all. Wins don't either, this is all quick play anyway. If it were Ranked then sure but it isn't.

They do though,the better you play, the better your games are going to be. If you wanna stop complaining about "no healer/no tanks", get better at the game.Unlike ranked, they are most likely not gonna reset your hidden MMR ever.

Canucked

Amazing things about this game:

I'm level 94 and still discovering stuff.

There are characters I haven't tried cause I have so much fun with others but as soon as I try a new character I fall in love all over again.

How'd they make so many fun to play characters?

Best character design since Street Fighter 2

Totally agree. The art is fantastic. The comics and the art book are top notch.

But Roadhog....

oh-okay.jpg

Kweh

Thinking of double dipping and getting the PS4 version for comfy couch fun. I have reservations about playing it with a controller but from what I've seen on videos it seems a lot slower paced.

Nyx

Tank and support are my most played roles.

But that's because Symmetra, Zarya, Winston, Roadhog and Lucio are so fun to play!

LProtag

All my favorite heroes are defensive. I really should try to branch out, I just like characters that involve being able to use interesting tactical planning, like Mei and Junkrat.

Kiro

All my favorite heroes are defensive. I really should try to branch out, I just like characters that involve being able to use interesting tactical planning, like Mei and Junkrat.

Ya me too. Bastion and Tjorborn are my favourite. They are tough to master but with a high skill ceiling I always feel like I'm improving.

Xeteh

Ya me too. Bastion and Tjorborn are my favourite. They are tough to master but with a high skill ceiling I always feel like I'm improving.

I've taken a real liking to Torbjorn that I wasn't really expecting. His turrets are kind of expendable sometimes which affords you the ability to roam around and do some serious damage with his gun which is deceptively strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom