• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Mei is so easily countered

Junkrat, 2 of his bombs she goes bye bye

You have to be mid away from Mei

I easily counter her, I play as her too so I know

It has been like that for me the last few evenings, I'm lower level and have been regularly playing in or with teams of people in the 60's to 90's, I don't know all the maps well enough to be playing with those (have learned more about the game playing with them though). Quite a lot of inactivity drops as well.

I only got matched up with people in the ballpark of 1-10 (give or take), never that high except for the plays I did in the mode of the week.

If you're on EU feel free to add me, we can play some time.

nOoblet16

You can always switch to D.Va or any of the other counter options for Widow and take care of her yourself.

It's not easy to counter Widowmaker anymore on PC atleast.

This is what happens a LOT of time:

1) You pick a counter Reaper, Winston, D.Va, Genji
2) Go to Widowmaker, maybe take a shot or two to damage her but she is already moving and either using her submachine gun/poison mine or has taken a sniper shot causing you to be damaged too.
3) At this point you might manage to kill her but more often than not the support gets to her or she just grapples away into a group of enemies to get to the support.

egruntz

shelaughz
Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar --> Dorado --> Gibraltar -->

What the fuck?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Mei is McCree chow, I don't even consider her a threat when I'm playing him.
Don't worry, very soon McCree is getting a huge nerf and balance will be restored in the universe!
original

Having 2 mei's, widowmaker, reinhardt, bastion and me on pharah on attack in route 66 was scary. When the 2 mei's were blocking side doorways, reinhardt blocking the bastion, widowmaker clearing out, that payload didnt' stop moving. Me being pharah really was just there to kill off running stragglers.

Rize_21

Protip for Junkrat : don't try to aim, watch for what looks like a wild Mei*, shoot grenades left and right,up and down, throw that bomb if you want or not, Mei* is dead? great! she's not? repeat that process, and put a bear trap if she goes iceblock. Bbq is ready.

works against every single hero, everytime.

XenoRaven

Also the "but this character counters Mei!" argument is dumb in a class based game considering everyone has to fill a role, and in pubs filling a role usually means you're the only one who will fill the role because the people you get queued with want to show off their sick Genji/Tracer defensive comps.

abundant

Idk, a good Junkrat is really really scary, the gap between an okay one and a good one is pretty huge.

Pretty much. An okay Junkrat just spams his grenades, which is a viable strategy on low level play. A good one, on the other hand, will go out and hunt for players to take out in a few shots.

Chance

Aaaaugh I finally got POTG as Mercy and my stupid PS4 didn't save the clip! It saved the 11 seconds after the clip. Whyyy whyyy whataworld whataworld...

It wasn't anything spectacular - a 2x res and I put down a softened-up Hanzo - but still! Mercy POTG! I wanted that for posterity.

Phii

Banned
I'm everywhere as Lucio; wall-gliding/jumping forever, speedboosting&healing the team. What's really gold is when I'm getting chased by multple players in attack mode so my team can whipe out the rest one by one or focus on objectives. Amp it up, speedboost! Amplifier!

What a great character he is!
:)

Sora_N

i forget people havent played dota 2 in here

hes a hero that can be really annoying and hard to kill with low cooldowns

Ah ok, makes sense. This is the first game I played that had 'heroes"

Aaaaugh I finally got POTG as Mercy and my stupid PS4 didn't save the clip! It saved the 11 seconds after the clip. Whyyy whyyy whataworld whataworld...

It wasn't anything spectacular - a 2x res and I put down a softened-up Hanzo - but still! Mercy POTG! I wanted that for posterity.

PS4 doesn't have highlights?

2 snipers on attack on gibraltar dancing around without even helping (me as a dva, and another with a pharah were always taking out their reinhardt and tobjorn turret and moving the paylod, they stayed at the door trying to kill something and never moving, and they werent good at killing either. I tried to even say them to move or change class and they did nothing. Worst thing of the european servers, you try to use english in the chat as its the one mostly understand by people (even if im spanish), and you try to tell them what to do and most of the time they dont even respond, like the chat is awfully quiet. So you dont know if they are just fucking around and not responding because they dont want, or simply dont understand you. This 2 guys were terrible, probably the worst sinpers I have seen in the game, I would have prefered knowing they say fuck me on the chat so I knew they were iditos or trolling than complete silence.
When playing on american servers theres more chat going on, even if sometimes they are trolling or people being salty. At least they talk.

R0ckman

How many times does my team need to wipe before they learn its obvious where a Hanzo is ulting in king of the hill, or when a reaper is just rushing towards your group?

ExVicis

Just join a new matchmaking game and I join a team with two snipers...and one is named Herbmaster. I leave quietly right away.

Are there any things you guys see in the beginning of a match that tells you right away "This match isn't going to go well"? Things like two Hanzos or a team of mostly Meis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom