• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

It's hard to tell if they changed the hitbox or reduced the projectile size of the arrow.

It looks like hitboxes are better, more conformed to the model.

I'm happy either way (realistically to be the most happy would be if they fixed both, but I'll take what I can get). No longer will tree trunk hanzo be getting free kills while I'm behind cover cause he shoots a wall. Now you'll have to actually , you know aim, to get a kill rather than in the general direction shoot an arrow

Bootsy

I had gold elims, damage and silver obj kills, Its happened a few other times as well 2/3 golds and gone up nothing

Edit I posted this earlier so I guess its true?

I read a post on the official forum which explained how it (probably) is working as intended, as its based on your MMR as well as competitive rating so if you're placed lower than your MMR you'll get wrecked, which is what happens with me as my stats put me high 50/low 60s but because of leavers I got placed at 40, so when I win a match that has a leaver I go up the usual 1/15 but a loss is generally 1/2+ (I lost that amount last night for a match that was 3v6). As due to MMR the game still thinks I should win even if an underdog etc..

I've given up on making any movement this season as i'd probably have to win a ridiculous amount of consecutive matches (taking leavers into account)
"my stats put me high 50/low 60s"

Come on man...

I'm happy either way (realistically to be the most happy would be if they fixed both, but I'll take what I can get). No longer will tree trunk hanzo be getting free kills while I'm behind cover cause he shoots a wall

I think this has happened to me a grand total of a single time in hundreds of hours to play lol

And I don't even remember if it was hanzo or widowmaker.

Gurrry

Wait. So ranked score gain/loss also factors in your individual performance in the match?

Theres no way that it does. If so, all the times I got all 5 golds and still lost a shit ton of rank wouldnt have happened.

Right now, the current competitive mode is basically a wash in its current state. Rage quitters are empowered by the current system, rank loss/gain makes zero sense when youre the underdog or favored, etc.

It's hard to tell if they changed the hitbox or reduced the projectile size of the arrow.

It looks like hitboxes are better, more conformed to the model.

The way it worked before is projectiles interacted with a different hitbox (or hurtbox if you play SF) on players than what hitscan weapons did. It's like each player had two different (head) hitboxes for the 2 different types of attack. It looks like now every attack shares the same one.

Sigma722

Hey - does anyone know if/when the torbjorn patch is going/went live for consoles?

One of my buddies wanted to avoid competitive until that happened, and if it has, then I'm wanting to start tonight :)

Gurrry

Thats an interesting video, thanks for sharing.

I guess what im basically referring to is when you lose and still play really well, it seems like youre punished just as much as if you would have played badly. However, the only thing I have to go off for evidence is judging that mmr meter by eye, which obviously isnt the most accurate.

It would be cool if they showed more information on why you lost rank/gained rank. Maybe knock it down for the loss, then afterwards, give back a tiny bit of mmr rep for each gold/silver medal you get.

Theres obviously a TON of improvements needed with the system. I think season 2 will be much better.

However, I think they need to address the rage quitter issue like... yesterday. Its really getting out of hand out there.

Wanderer5

It's probably a PTR bug guys. They wouldn't dare nerf Hanzo :(

That would be funny if it is a bug, but with Blizz not mentioning this, it is odd.

Don't really care so much of Hanzo anymore, so eh.:p Actually don't think there a defense hero I love nowadays, through I would still run a couple of them, including Hanzo. Probably cause I tend to look at the support roles more now.

Special C

So I just won a competative match against a team with a higher rating. They all quit at the end but one. I only got a tiny sliver of advancement. It didn't give me less because the team quit did it? If it did that's idiotic. Why am I penalized for the other team quitting?

So where do we view how many competitive points we have, and how/where do we spend them?

I think right now the only thing you can spend them on is a gold version of each hero's primary weapon. You can see how many you have in the Hero Gallery.

Each gun is 200 competitive points......22 heroes x 200 = 4,400 competitive points which equals finishing 4,400 ranked matches....

Good luck.

eek5

So I just won a competative match against a team with a higher rating. They all quit at the end but one. I only got a tiny sliver of advancement. It didn't give me less because the team quit did it? If it did that's idiotic. Why am I penalized for the other team quitting?

It did. It's a bug. They're working on trying to fix it. (They tried already and goofed)

I think right now the only thing you can spend them on is a gold version of each hero's primary weapon. You can see how many you have in the Hero Gallery.

Each gun is 200 competitive points......22 heroes x 200 = 4,400 competitive points which equals finishing 4,400 ranked matches....

Good luck.

winning 4400 ranked matches*

It did. It's a bug. They're working on trying to fix it. (They tried already and goofed)

winning 4400 ranked matches*

You have to WIN?

EDIT: As far as quitters go, they should implement a system similar to Halo's....if you quit x amount of times in a certain duration of time, you get a timed banned with the timed bans getting longer and longer if you keep the track record of quitting.

Teams with quitters should not get penalized for losing and teams who win should get the same amount of credit regardless of their opponents quitting.

Kysen

Theres no way that it does. If so, all the times I got all 5 golds and still lost a shit ton of rank wouldnt have happened.

Right now, the current competitive mode is basically a wash in its current state. Rage quitters are empowered by the current system, rank loss/gain makes zero sense when youre the underdog or favored, etc.

Nope, it definitely takes individual performance into account. 5 golds and a loss with huge decrease means you were favored to win.

Grief.exe

I'm so excited for this patch, new hero excellent buffs and nerfs. I'm actually most excited to try out Zenyatta. He has always looked like an awesome class to play with his playstyle straddling offense and support.

Holy shit they fixed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aQTmb6QpI&feature=youtu.be

I never thought I would see the day. Not my video but gladly sharing this

Hanzo wasn't even used before in competitive when he had jacked up hit boxes, he's probably going to go down to Torb/Mei level of uselessness with the Zen buff.

I knew people weren't crazy when they said Hanzo's hitboxes were fucked.

Who in their right mind would dispute that?

That's a disappointing change.

Why would that be disappointing?

Zemm

The majority of Hanzo players won't even notice the hitbox fix because they can't hit shit even with hitboxes the size of a barn door.

Grief.exe

He was hardly useful before but this just makes it even worse for him, that and I actually like playing snipers even though my aim is terrible.

Well, magic hitboxes aren't going to provide a legitimate environment for gameplay and weren't enough to elevate Hanzo as a pick regardless. Blizzard needs to improve his utility in some way in order to elevate his status.

That's unfortunate for your personal play, but you can always improve.

Good luck.

Each gun is 300* competitive points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom