• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
If anyone wanna play some Awesomewatch on PS4: Fersis_4
I play about an hour and a half every night. (UTC -03)

Got a mic but my english is not very good :3

I'm having a weird issue where full screen is causing severe fps issues. I can run the game on Epic settings perfectly fine, and get well over 60 fps in Borderless Window mode. Anyone know if there's a fix? I've been told there's a minor lag in borderless window mode, and the aiming as been feeling very "off" these days.

Edit: Figured it out. A setting must have been tweaked earlier and I didn't know how to fix it. I never knew there were frame caps in the resolution selection.

I think right now the only thing you can spend them on is a gold version of each hero's primary weapon. You can see how many you have in the Hero Gallery.

Each gun is 200 competitive points......22 heroes x 200 = 4,400 competitive points which equals finishing 4,400 ranked matches....

Good luck.

Each gun is 300* competitive points

You also get competitive points at the end of the season as a reward. I don't think they've disclosed how many points you get yet.

Lee

Hey - does anyone know if/when the torbjorn patch is going/went live for consoles?

One of my buddies wanted to avoid competitive until that happened, and if it has, then I'm wanting to start tonight :)

Hasn't hit yet. Torby is everywhere in competitive on Xbox.

Animator

Hahaha I was just in a PTR game where a "hanzo main" was complaining about how he is having a off day because he can't hit anything. Then I came here and saw the vid and can't stop laughing now. :D

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if you have a d.va and a zenyatta on your team now you're competitive no matter what the other four slots are. it can be four anas and you can still win against a decent team. they dun fucked up.

Holy shit, I am loving this btw. Fees SO different to the PS4 one, I feel like an aimbot.

Switching back and forth between the PS4 and PC versions is night and day for me. I have to play mainly roadhog and reaper on console because they are less forgiving when it comes to aiming compared to me trying to play a hero like soldier76.

wamberz1

Just did a couple games as zen, some thoughts:

- I really, really like the speed change to his harmony and discord orbs. Makes it way easier to heal/debuff multiple targets in rapid succession. overall it makes his gameplay flow feel much much better.

- I think his health buff might be a bit much. sure, he had huge problems before but the widow nerf helped quite a bit. I don't know how I feel about giving him 150 shields, it makes it feel impossible for me to die compared to before. I still think he should be given a movement ability to help him escape danger in emergencies rather than just more health. Something like a short-range tracer-esque teleport with a long cooldown. Or perhaps just turn 50 of his shields into regular health. I don't know.

- The speed buff on his ult is great; I can't count all the time I had my buff ready, heading back to the battle from spawn, being moments away only to watch my whole team die being unable to do anything because of this robots slow ass.

- I'm not sure how I feel about his ult healing buff yet. It already did a ton before so I haven't noticed much, but I never thought that was one of his main problems.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If you really couldn't win against a team with 4 annas then ehhhhhhhhh.

d.va with harmony orb, ana boost and her new defence matrix is nearly unkillable

'brought up to the level of the other tanks'

rofl she's the best tank in the game now, bye.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
d.va with harmony orb, ana boost and her new defence matrix is nearly unkillable

The boost is meant to make her OP, but anna dies to flankers real quick. The harmony orb is nice, but Dva still has the problem in that she's really vulnerable while attacking, so if she's taking 2 people head on at the same time the other person can just crit her outside of her effective range and force her out of her mech.

Apathy

Nope, it's great.

She's not stupid overpowered like zen is now though. She's brought up to the level of the other tanks at best.

If you really couldn't win against a team with 4 annas then ehhhhhhhhh.

Junk and Pharah would love to not be damaged by their ults. A 1000 damage ult that you have to hide from while the D.Va can keep plugging away at you is way too much. Before you had to at least have some awareness of your surroundings. I 've had to use my ults as pharah and junk at close range a few times, and it's been my death (but I did what I had to do to save the point). Why not have them not take damage from their ults?

Why though?

Dva still goes down extremely fast especially to a zarya or anyone else with beam weapons. Zenyatta is strong but still gets two shot by mccree or widow. Didn't have an issue with either of them in PTR ranked. They are finally viable characters that you can pick and not hold back the team.

Specially new mccree. Seagull was on kings row, he got shot by a mccree that was on O, that was at the underpass right near the A spawn while he was all the way down that road near the hotel door. Took off all 150 of his shields, from that distance. It was nuts

Animator

i think they're both going to see some downwards tweaks before the end of PTR

Why though?

Dva still goes down extremely fast especially to a zarya or anyone else with beam weapons. Zenyatta is strong but still gets two shot by mccree or widow. Didn't have an issue with either of them in PTR ranked. They are finally viable characters that you can pick and not hold back the team.

Antiwhippy

Junk and Pharah would love to not be damaged by their ults. A 1000 damage ult that you have to hide from while the D.Va can keep plugging away at you is way too much. Before you had to at least have some awareness of your surroundings. I 've had to use my ults as pharah and junk at close range a few times, and it's been my death (but I did what I had to do to save the point). Why not have them not take damage from their ults?

If pharah and junkrat are getting damaged by their ult they are doing something real wrong. Pharrah's ult is immediate and can be aimed after it's activated. Junk can keep driving his wheel to various vantage points and basically flank with his wheel to keep thing s unexpected. Dva's has a stupid big warning sign with a flashing red ! symbol to warn you where it's heading, and the sneakiest thing you can do with it is launch it in the air over the wall but unless you have wall hacks up it's just a guess.

Kamion

Just won a comp match in sudden death (still shit) and the enemy team wouldn't even have been able to get to sudden death if not for their Symmetra (she hid the teleporters well and protected them). And even with her it was super close.

She still got 0 votes :/... No one appreciates a good Symmetra.

EDIT: she got my vote of course. I mean, except for me.

arimanius

Just won a comp match in sudden death (still shit) and the enemy team wouldn't even have been able to get to sudden death if not for their Symmetra (she hid the teleporters well and protected them). And even with her it was super close.

She still got 0 votes :/... No one appreciates a good Symmetra.

Why didn't you vote for her? :D

Apathy

If pharah and junkrat are getting damaged by their ult they are doing something real wrong. Pharrah's ult is immediate and can be aimed after it's activated. Junk can keep driving his wheel to various vantage points and basically flank with his wheel to keep thing s unexpected. Dva's has a stupid big warning sign with a flashing red ! symbol to warn you where it's heading, and the sneakiest thing you can do with it is launch it in the air over the wall but unless you have wall hacks up it's just a guess.

None of those are reasons why she can't get damaged by it. Here let me try something. "if a D.Va is getting damage by her ult she is doing something really wrong". It has a explosion time so she can get away. Junkrat's has a huge buildup too, a giant "Fire in the hole" rev up time that happens even before the tire starts moving + it has 100 health. D.Va's mech can't be stopped once started.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Why though?

d.va has always been a zarya counter imo and now she's even better at it.

[edit] let me clarify -- yes, being able to shoot through her defense matrix is useful, but d.va has so much health that you need to have a charged beam to do it. if d.va doesn't shoot you during shield (101 'how to not die to zarya' gameplay), then she's trying to zap through roughly 100000 hp with a low powered beam. in close range engagements, d.va wins that fight.

Kamion

It's not even really that crucial though? You'd still want to launch it if you want to catch people out.

Exactly.

As someone who played lots of D.Va even before the buff (she's great against Torbs and just harassment) I don't see this changing too much. Really, the Ana buff is supposed to make her OP for a bit and if you can't kill a D.Va (Hint: Play Zarya well. Or flank her as Reaper. Dva sucks when engaging multiple people regardless. Also Soldier 76.) you're doing something wrong.

She's still easily driven out of her mech and her Ult is just a control thing. Very very very easy to avoid, her not dying to it just means she can Blaster a bit while people scatter. Get used to that, know that she will do it. You don't even have to get behind a wall.

Wait, why am I giving hints how to counter me? :p

d.va has always been a zarya counter imo and now she's even better at it.

She's a Zarya counter if the Zarya is going solo a lot but otherwise, D.Va is my goto for getting a quick shield charge. Most D.Vas just fire at Zarya, get your shield up, blast her, get into cover. Heck, whenever a D.Va ults I get 50% charge for free :D

Feltrol

Banned
I guess I got lucky!

lhE29Ga.png

Antiwhippy

Like, DM change is great for her on defense, but it doesn't really change her offense game much, which still has problems, but the defense part makes up for it. Hopefully. Will see how it plays out, but I'm loving it.

The 1 second cut on her ult is great though. Still hideable but it catches more people out now.

I still can't find the issue with the new Zenyatta.

Get a Tracer, blink in, unload a full clip while close and land head shots, kill him with a single clip, recall if in danger, done.

Gurrry

Nope, it definitely takes individual performance into account. 5 golds and a loss with huge decrease means you were favored to win.

Yeah after watching that video, it seems it does. However, being "favored to win" is really weird in this game. Your mainly matched up against a team 1 rank higher or below you. I wouldnt really call that favored to win.

If it were like 5-10 ranks above, then sure, but most of the time the match ups are pretty dang even.

Kamion

Yeah after watching that video, it seems it does. However, being "favored to win" is really weird in this game. Your mainly matched up against a team 1 rank higher or below you. I wouldnt really call that favored to win.

If it were like 5-10 ranks above, then sure, but most of the time the match ups are pretty dang even.

This is one of my major gripes with the Underdog system. One rank barely matters in most brackets. At least not enough to warrant losing 1/2 or more of a rank for a loss instead of 1/4-1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom