• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also like, damn near every tank has game changing ults anyway. Zarya and rein can team wipe with theirs, and roadhog's is amazing for crowd control on defense and melts everyone if you have a mercy damage boost. Winston's is underwhelming barring certain maps but he's stupid enough already anyway.

On another note, ubercharged rein is fucking stupid. In a really fun way, but holy crap the new meta is probably going to be saving the ubercharge for point and just get rein to wipe out everyone. Almost as good as using graviton surge to break the defense on points.

D.Va

Neo Member
If I check out some regular overwatch these next few days before the update, I'm going to avoid playing D.Va lol. I done with old D.Va.XD

Same. When I do play Overwatch, it ain't going to be on live servers lol. It'll be spent in the PTR.

We don't play him because he's OP hahaha.
QovKpHp.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Also like, damn near every tank has game changing ults anyway. Zarya and rein can team wipe with theirs, and roadhog's is amazing for crowd control on defense and melts everyone if you have a mercy damage boost. Winston's is underwhelming barring certain maps but he's stupid enough already anyway.

On another note, ubercharged rein is fucking stupid. In a really fun way, but holy crap the new meta is probably going to be saving the ubercharge for point and just get rein to wipe out everyone. Almost as good as using graviton surge to break the defense on points.

zarya's ult can be game changing but can also be easily countered. rein's ult can be game-changing but he needs to be fairly close, he has to drop his defenses to use it, it doesn't hit anyone in the air, and it needs followup to be maximally useful.

d.va's ult has comparatively few downsides compared with either now.

Antiwhippy

zarya's ult can be game changing but can also be easily countered. rein's ult can be game-changing but he needs to be fairly close, he has to drop his defenses to use it, it doesn't hit anyone in the air, and it needs followup to be maximally useful.

d.va's ult has comparatively few downsides compared with either now.

3 seconds is still plenty of time to hide.

Those 2 examples just sound like rein and zarya using their ults badly. I don't think zarya's ult is easy to counter at all.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
3 seconds is still plenty of time to hide.

Those 2 examples just sound like rein and zarya using their ults badly. I don't think zarya's ult is easy to counter at all.

you stan d.va......countering zarya's ult is as easy as pressing E. or holding right click now, i guess.

[edit] and they're not examples of using their ults badly, they're bad situations to use those ults in. if the enemy has a reinhardt, for instance, you don't want to launch your black hole anywhere near him. it's something you have to keep in mind when playing as zarya.

Antiwhippy

I mean yeah, don't throw it right in front of Dva then. :p

Like I now don't throw it in front of genji when he reflected it back to me. That was potg too so it was rather embarrassing.

D.Va

Neo Member
you stan d.va......countering zarya's ult is as easy as pressing E. or holding right click now, i guess.

Pretty sure they stan Mei.

But anyway, pretty sure you can still counter Dva's ult with Rein's shield. And, I mean, really, if you hear "NERF THIS" and then buzzing that is constantly growing, just forget everything and run to the nearest building? I mean, it's not that hard to counter, even if it's 1 second shorter lol.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I mean yeah, don't throw it right in front of Dva then. :p

Like I now don't throw it in front of genji when he reflected it back to me. That was potg too so it was rather embarrassing.

even if you don't throw it at her she can still eat incoming projectiles with her barrier while she's in it. in fact as reinhardt i've intentionally jumped into a black hole to protect my team with shield.

they're powerful ults, yes, but they also have relatively strict useage scenarios if you want them to be effective.

Prelude.

You misjudge Hanzo players. We don't play him because he's OP hahaha. Although I can see some Hanzo players switching to Ana now.
Ana's gonna get dropped pretty soon when they'll realize they can't kill that many people with her. Now that both snipers require actual skill to feel rewarding and the support one, well, is a support, a lot of Hanzo players are probably just gonna switch to an assault class.

Antiwhippy

even if you don't throw it at her she can still eat incoming projectiles with her barrier while she's in it. in fact as reinhardt i've intentionally jumped into a black hole to protect my team with shield.

they're powerful ults, yes, but they also have relatively strict useage scenarios if you want them to be effective.

Depends on who they combo with. Combo with hanzo, junkrat, reaper or genji? Defo do not jump in. Even trying to counter a pharrah combo is risky.

BigDug13

I think armor is extra buffed when using Ana ult. It seems like I do NO damage to enemies who have armor. Like the game is reducing damage by 50% first thing from the ult defense bonus. THEN after half the damage has been removed, it takes another 5 damage away per hit due to the armor. At least that's what it feels like trying to take down a Reinhardt who has the ult. DVA too. Every other class seems to be able to die within reason.

I really think the 5 damage reduction from armor is being applied after the 50% reduction in damage from the ult. That's really going to make Reinhardt the go-to target for point clearing.

Ramirez

Ana's gonna get dropped pretty soon when they'll realize they can't kill that many people with her. Now that both snipers require actual skill to feel rewarding and the support one, well, is a support, a lot of Hanzo players are probably just gonna switch to an assault class.

Wait, did I miss a Hanzo change?

Has Blizzard commented at all on the "underdog" system? It seems to me that the penalty is so damn severe when you lose to an UD team. But to me, a 65v64 matchup is basically even, and in no way an "underdog" situation. I feel like there should be 5 points between 2 team's average before that ever factors in.

Prelude.

Wait, did I miss a Hanzo change?

Has Blizzard commented at all on the "underdog" system? It seems to me that the penalty is so damn severe when you lose to an UD team. But to me, a 65v64 matchup is basically even, and in no way an "underdog" situation. I feel like there should be 5 points between 2 team's average before that ever factors in.
Apparently now you have to aim at heads to get headshots with Hanzo.
https://youtu.be/N-aQTmb6QpI

Though, that wasn't a proper test so who knows?

Edit: Here's another video using bots: https://youtu.be/BM_4GxB3_a4

SDCowboy

Ok, the way the competitive ranking works is really starting to kill the fun for me. Every loss is like a full rank drop. I finally get a win again, and I barely get a sliver. lol

ramyeon

I'm torn between the tusken raider look or the young ana look
I'm torn between the two young colour schemes. But her two Elite skins are great too.

And I'll want some Highlight Intros and Emotes... not to mention Victory Poses.

Shit, I'm going to need more currency aren't I?

Davidion

Need confirmation that Ana's quote after sleep darting an enemy pharah while she's using barrage is: "I think justice needs a little nap"

Wanderer5

That one with Reinhardt gives Rein much more depth as a character. All his other interactions with other heroes is funny, the ones with Ana are really really different to the character they have built up prior to her release.

I find the one Widowmaker interaction, where Ana calls Gerard (Widowmaker's deceased husband) a fool, a little interesting. Guess Widowmaker still has a bit Amelie in her, despite having been turned into a living weapon with little emotions.

kuppy

Having the Ster twitch stream with Kaplan and other devs on in the background.
In case you wanted to hear it again: PTR changes are supposed to go live a week or two after, if everything goes as aspected that is, console followed right after.

duckroll

Young Ana looks really cool but the voice is still the same so it is kinda weird. I think I will go with the Raider look for that reason.

Which Legendaries have unique new voice lines anyway? I know some supposedly do, but the only ones I have are for characters I don't use... :(

SDCowboy

So is anyone else just getting curb stomped in competitive? Been playing most of the day, and other than a few of matches, my teams largely haven't even been competitive. Just straight inhalation. IDK, but the rounds shouldn't be this lopsided.

Pooya

More work has gone into Mercy than the rest I guess, she has new lines for the ult, Hanzo has more lines other than the ult, sonic arrow changes too.

They recasted Mercy VA half way through the beta and all of her lines were rerecorded, maybe they just had the chance when making the skins and did it.

The original voice was so bad now that I'm thinking of it.

Wanderer5

Kind of glad I only care about one epic skin (Shrike) for Ana, so won't spend so much on her if I do so with the currency. Looking forward to see what the summer outfits are going to be!

Seriously? Ugh.

Guess a bit expected since Young Genji and Hanzo don't have voice changes either.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Which Legendaries have unique new voice lines anyway? I know some supposedly do, but the only ones I have are for characters I don't use... :(

Okami Hanzo and all the Mercy legendaries have them, the Hanzo one specifically has lines for his wallhack and changes the dragons to wolves on top of the different line.

I think the pirate Torb's hello is different but that might be it. Most of them are the same.

Apathy

Yeah wish that legendaries for everyone (at least one of the 2 variations) had special voice lines, that would actually make them legendary. Both mercy's legendaries get new voice lines for resses but other heroes get none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom