• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My apologies, I was referring to an enemy molten core. If you know an area is covered by his turret and you hear a regular ENEMY molten core, you shouldn't even stay there to begin with.

Oh, I'd agree with that. Though what happened on the stream is seagull got the boost and basically blitzed at their spawn and killed them all with the speed boost.

Apathy

I think people have known me as a zen hater right now, now for what he can do but because the lack of what he can do on teams, where he is usually a liability. The ptr has changed me. Holy fuck, I will say this now, zen is going to be seen a lot, and with good reason. The shit hes been doing on the ptr is nothing short of disgusting. with a well coordinated team, oh boy is zen going to be a monster. The new counter meta is going to be what deals best with zen

Wanderer5

If I check out some regular overwatch these next few days before the update, I'm going to avoid playing D.Va lol. I done with old D.Va.XD

matmanx1

I don't think that's the point of Bastion. I think he's fine the way he is -- he is useful for many situations where you are holding on defense, especially paired with a Rein for protection.

I (and the folks I quoted in my original post) aren't saying that Bastion isn't effective. His problem is that he is boring to play, perhaps moreso than most all of the other heroes. I am in agreement with those who say he needs something to be more interesting but not necessarily more powerful.

Taking away ammo and giving him a longer reload time in turret form but making it so that he can switch forms and move quickly would give him a little bit more unique roll. But hey, I am not a game dev and it might be a terrible idea. I'm just throwing it out there.

Copenap

Hahaha, fuck off Blizzard. Just had a game where a teammate left. Some minutes later a player from the opposite team left as well. We won and didn't get shit.

Hahaha, fuck off Blizzard. Just had a game where a teammate left. Some minutes later a player from the opposite team left as well. We won and didn't get shit.

I really don't like how they handle that stuff. I had a game where the other team started leaving once they realized they were going to lose and we ended up getting hardly anything for it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Isn't the only buff it got was 1 second less detonation time?

btw, is a reaper memewalk his shadow step?

oh, yeah, sorry i forget that not everybody calls it that

and yeah it's 1 second less, but that makes all the difference imo

Animator

Hardest thing with Ana is actually healing the teammate you want to heal when all your teammates are bunched up. Friendly hitbox size also makes it near impossible to shoot at the enemies behind.

Copenap

I really don't like how they handle that stuff. I had a game where the other team started leaving once they realized they were going to lose and we ended up getting hardly anything for it.
Yeah, and that's annoying, but we weren't even having an advantage. Both teams were 5 and for some time they were even having 1 more.

ekim

I'm starting to feel fatigue from the game. Ranked mode is a cluster fuck at the moment. Matches we won clearly always involved leavers in the opposite team. It's starting to get really annoying. And I always get domination maps.

now that d.va's ult is basically a guaranteed 2-3 man kill, should you be able to destroy it before it explodes a la riptire? imo yes.

Guaranteed? I saw plenty of D.Va ults last night on PTR do the same as it ever did in regular, and that is get 1 or even 0 kills. All the maps have very easy escape routes / barriers away from a D.Va ult

The buffs they made to her were smart and makes her a more meaningful hero in ranked, she's viable and her balance changes are ones that I would welcome into the regular mode.

Apathy

now that d.va's ult is basically a guaranteed 2-3 man kill, should you be able to destroy it before it explodes a la riptire? imo yes.

Should be, it's ridiculous that she gets an unstoppable ult that does 1000 damage and she can't be killed by it so while you're scrambling she gets free pot shots at you.

The mercy damage boost buff is idiotic

The way they described it on the yahoo interview I watched is that too often (funny I know) mercy's were wiping out her pistol and doing damage and that they consider mercy's side damage to be that from someone you're with. It was really odd

Animator

Should be, it's ridiculous that she gets an unstoppable ult that does 1000 damage and she can't be killed by it so while you're scrambling she gets free pot shots at you.

I think they can at least lower it's explosion radius. Right now every dva ult is almost guaranteed multiple kills.

It means everyone on the team was either near each other in stats or you (and likely the rest of the team) got carried by 1 dominant player.

I had gold elims, damage and silver obj kills, Its happened a few other times as well 2/3 golds and gone up nothing

Edit I posted this earlier so I guess its true?

I read a post on the official forum which explained how it (probably) is working as intended, as its based on your MMR as well as competitive rating so if you're placed lower than your MMR you'll get wrecked, which is what happens with me as my stats put me high 50/low 60s but because of leavers I got placed at 40, so when I win a match that has a leaver I go up the usual 1/15 but a loss is generally 1/2+ (I lost that amount last night for a match that was 3v6). As due to MMR the game still thinks I should win even if an underdog etc..

I've given up on making any movement this season as i'd probably have to win a ridiculous amount of consecutive matches (taking leavers into account)

kaskade

How long was it between the PT patch and the official release last time? I don't think I've been this excited for a game update in a while.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Guaranteed? I saw plenty of D.Va ults last night on PTR do the same as it ever did in regular, and that is get 1 or even 0 kills. All the maps have very easy escape routes / barriers away from a D.Va ult

The buffs they made to her were smart and makes her a more meaningful hero in ranked, she's viable and her balance changes are ones that I would welcome into the regular mode.

i think the defense matrix buff goes maybe too far but in general i'm happy to buff her since there's going to be at least one stubborn d.va stan on my team who was picking her even though it turned the game into a 5 v 6. having that extra person on my team is going to go a long way.

LiK

D.Va not dying to her ult also lets her rack up kills while people are panicking. I really like that change.

ekim

It's not the really the job of her Ult. It's more for spacing and clearing the field to get your team forward and spread the opposing team.

And you can easily clear a turret with it.

Kamion

After Comp came out, QP is more relaxed and kinda shit now. Most of the hardcore guys are sticking with Ranked games. QP also has way more leavers now.

Funny because I find QP to be way more fun now.

The comp ranking system takes all the fun out of it and brings out the worst in people.
If it wasn't so broken I guess I'd have your opinion, too. But like this I can only enjoy QP - and I do.

(Also, just did an hour of comp and two hours of QP. Never had a leaver in QP (also: backfill) and leavers in comp almost every game... so)

I had gold elims, damage and silver obj kills, Its happened a few other times as well 2/3 golds and gone up nothing

Edit I posted this earlier so I guess its true?

I read a post on the official forum which explained how it (probably) is working as intended, as its based on your MMR as well as competitive rating so if you're placed lower than your MMR you'll get wrecked, which is what happens with me as my stats put me high 50/low 60s but because of leavers I got placed at 40, so when I win a match that has a leaver I go up the usual 1/15 but a loss is generally 1/2+ (I lost that amount last night for a match that was 3v6). As due to MMR the game still thinks I should win even if an underdog etc..

I've given up on making any movement this season as i'd probably have to win a ridiculous amount of consecutive matches (taking leavers into account)

Yeah but you can't see other players stats. Maybe you got gold by like 1 elim.

Holy shit they fixed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aQTmb6QpI&feature=youtu.be

I never thought I would see the day. Not my video but gladly sharing this

:D

SDCowboy

Man competitive ranking can be brutal. I win a game, and barely go up. I lose a game (while still doing decently well myself), and the bar practically blasts of the screen in reverse. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom