• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

Kaplan just said that they have 4 maps in different stages of development but said that they that does not necessarily mean all 4 will be released.

Also said they are in working on different modes.

Also that they put in a clock in the game under the options.

one of the art guys just said "when we decided to do ana instead of the alchemist..." so theres a character called the alchemist they were/are? working on

Kito

After playing some 'normal' games in PTR i.e. not 6 Anas, I absolutely hate this patch. My main issues are D.Va's ult, Ana's ult and Zen's hp.

Do Blizzard ever tweak the patches that are in PTR before their live release? Surely 200hp Zen is a joke.

ISOM

After playing some 'normal' games in PTR i.e. not 6 Anas, I absolutely hate this patch. My main issues are D.Va's ult, Ana's ult and Zen's hp.

Do Blizzard ever tweak the patches that are in PTR before their live release? Surely 200hp Zen is a joke.

200hp Zen is fine but they need to nerf some of his other abilities. Maybe make his orbs have cooldowns. Right now he is almost an auto pick on any decent comp.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Art guy on the Ster stream just said something like, "when we decided to work on Ana instead of the Alchemist" so and so.

Is the Alchemist someone we already knew about or did he just fuck up and talk about a previously un-hinted at character?

I made a Bastion player really angry tonight by killing him three times with Genji deflects, including an ult

I'm just a little proud of myself.

Fact: There isn't a single face in the world as good looking as a good helmet.

finally

I thought I was the only one who knew that helmets are cooler than faces.

Though Grandma Big Boss is pretty awesome, I have to admit.

Zemm

So is anyone else just getting curb stomped in competitive? Been playing most of the day, and other than a few of matches, my teams largely haven't even been competitive. Just straight inhalation. IDK, but the rounds shouldn't be this lopsided.

I'm actually at 8w-2l from the past few days, playing solo for 8 games and as a 3 for 2 games. Just complete luck if you get competent teammates or not. 10 games really isn't a lot but I hate how competitive is currently setup so I usually play 2-3 games a day before I've had enough. Even if you win after 7 rounds of Anubis, you no longer want to play the game, just pure brain damage.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm actually at 8w-2l from the past few days, playing solo for 8 games and as a 3 for 2 games. Just complete luck if you get competent teammates or not. 10 games really isn't a lot but I hate how competitive is currently setup so I usually play 2-3 games a day before I've had enough. Even if you win after 7 rounds of Anubis, you no longer want to play the game, just pure brain damage.

Yeah, I really wish they would redo the 2CP format.

Wanderer5

Had a pretty nice QP match on the PTR, with 4 gold medals and a PotG as D.Va.

I so happy for the only tank that I really clicked for me (not a big fan of tank roles mostly).

xaosslug

So is anyone else just getting curb stomped in competitive? Been playing most of the day, and other than a few of matches, my teams largely haven't even been competitive. Just straight inhalation. IDK, but the rounds shouldn't be this lopsided.

yup! It's pretty disheartening. -__-

Yeah. My pattern for the last couple of days:

1) Hop into Quickplay, play a few rounds, do SMASHINGLY well.

2) Jump into competitive, get absolutely destroyed for 2-3 matches.

3) Get sick of ranking down.

4) Log off.

I don't even know what it is, I keep ending up with toxic teammates or trolls. Had one guy get pissed at somebody offering him hero pick suggestions in the pre-match, spend the entire game running around doing NOTHING. No idea what's happening.

Veelk

Banned
You know, every single time I hear about comp, it's in the negative. The only postiives about it are that that is where serious players go to play and thats what you a lot of people want to do, but literally everything else about it that I've heard has been negative.

Literally the only reason I would even consider Comp right now is that it won't have Hero Stacking in the future, but if my dreams come true and Blizzard somehow incorperates that rule into QP as well, I'll go back to having no reason to ever touch the thing. But is there anyone that's actually satisfied with it?

Antiwhippy

You know, every single time I hear about comp, it's in the negative. The only postiives about it are that that is where serious players go to play and thats what you a lot of people want to do, but literally everything else about it that I've heard has been negative.

Literally the only reason I would even consider Comp right now is that it won't have Hero Stacking in the future, but if my dreams come true and Blizzard somehow incorperates that rule into QP as well, I'll go back to having no reason to ever touch the thing. But is there anyone that's actually satisfied with it?

You hear people vent when it was QP only too. People just need to vent man. :p

ISOM

Yeah. My pattern for the last couple of days:

1) Hop into Quickplay, play a few rounds, do SMASHINGLY well.

2) Jump into competitive, get absolutely destroyed for 2-3 matches.

3) Get sick of ranking down.

4) Log off.

I don't even know what it is, I keep ending up with toxic teammates or trolls. Had one guy get pissed at somebody offering him hero pick suggestions in the pre-match, spend the entire game running around doing NOTHING. No idea what's happening.

I had one match two weeks ago where it was so toxic that the entire team gave up and camped in spawn. Overwatch competitive community in game is the most toxic I've ever been apart of.

Apathy

BTW from the stream, Kaplan and co confirmed the changes to the hitboxes is not a mistake and they are changing them so people aren't killed behind cover as much. They also said that Ana's friendly hitbox (for her sniper rifle) has the largest hitbox now (cause all projectiles have a hitbox).

Am I the only one that thinks that competitive is good with team balancing? Whether in a party or solo, I've never had "awful teammates" like people here are saying. If we lost, it's because the enemy team just strategized better.

Also, I'm rank 64 but once a while ago I was having a bad day and I lost FOUR GAMES and was still rank 64 (albeit at the bottom of the scale). I don't experience huge drops at all. On the contrary, where I'm at, a single win almost always ranks me up.

Antiwhippy

I already play Zenyatta all the time and I was pretty good with him pre-buff. I can't wait to play him now that they made him even better.

He won't make it out the way he is now, like, surely he can't, so jump in on PTR and savour it. He's so much fun.

I had one match two weeks ago where it was so toxic that the entire team gave up and camped in spawn. Overwatch competitive community in game is the most toxic I've ever been apart of.

Same. It's the first time I've seen people jump into the general chat to shittalk their teammates. Like, wtf, dude. It's bad enough that you're throwing a tantrum in teamchat, but broadcasting it to the other team is just FUCKED.

ramyeon

I've seen an influx of Meis who actively troll their own team recently. As in deliberately putting ice walls in front of team mates on their way to the objective to block them. Really frustrating.

BashNasty

I like competitive mode a lot, it's great. The reason you hear so much negativity in this thread is because Blizzard games in general make people really, really salty.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Can just say how stupid the points system is for competitive? I just got done winning 4 of the last 5, but every time the other time had a rage quitter because they were getting stomped, and every time I got a sliver of rank points. For the one loss, someone on our team quit when it was still a close game and I lost almost an entire level.

So fucking stupid. Yes, I'm mad.

Antiwhippy

Seriously, a speed boost and a little health can't be that bad. He can still be killed in a second or two.

See, the way I see it is that zen is always on the edge of being really good, or being really bad. He's the type of character that's going to be very hard to find the proper balance. +50 shields might not sound much but it really makes the difference in him surviving long enough to get to cover and recover that 150hp. Also makes him survive long enough that he can just melt teams with discord.

I've seen an influx of Meis who actively troll their own team recently. As in deliberately putting ice walls in front of team mates on their way to the objective to block them. Really frustrating.

I had a Mei that gave up halfway through Hanamura earlier 'cause we lost the first point 'cause she was hanging out by the gate and didn't notice the ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM walk past her, apparently. I thought it was just poor play when it happened, but now that I think about it, she did throw up a wall while we were first setting up...

ramyeon

I had a Mei that gave up halfway through Hanamura earlier 'cause we lost the first point 'cause she was hanging out by the gate and didn't notice the ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM walk past her, apparently. I thought it was just poor play when it happened, but now that I think about it, she did throw up a wall while we were first setting up...
I had a Junkrat the other day that literally just stood in a corner near the start of the map launching grenades at the wall to hit himself over and over then going to get a nearby health pack and doing it all over again. For the whole game.

Not sure what the point is or why these people are wasting their time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just don't have the people to play Competitive with. Which is a shame because I'd like to give it more of a try. The usual people I play with haven't been on as much.

Antiwhippy

Gotta say I really like the more "fuck around" nature of PTR. Both sides just joking with each other. Just having fun.

I mean, I decided to use Genji as an example since his damage doesn't fall off.

His shuruikens do 28 damage.

6 would be enough to kill 150 HP Zenyatta (two bursts).

8 would be enough to kill 200 HP Zenyatta (three bursts, or two bursts + shadow strike).

The extra time is practically negligible.

(Not including headshots)

Zemm

I like competitive mode a lot, it's great. The reason you hear so much negativity in this thread is because Blizzard games in general make people really, really salty.

The underlying systems of competitive mode are so shit though that they're pretty much redoing them for next season and beyond. Yeah there's shitty teammates' but the vast majority of complaints are about leavers or sudden death or class stacking. Just shit things that shouldn't have made it off the PTR. Competitive mode is rushed and it's clear to see.

keuja

I really miss friendly fire when it happens.

Antiwhippy

I mean, I decided to use Genji as an example since his damage doesn't fall off.

His shuruikens do 28 damage.

6 would be enough to kill 150 HP Zenyatta (two bursts).

8 would be enough to kill 200 HP Zenyatta (three bursts, or two bursts + shadow strike).

The extra time is practically negligible.

(Not including headshots)

But genji is meant to kill the backline squishies. Same with tracer. A good team comp will make sure that there's an anti-flanker, especially with mccree being more viable now. If they can keep zen on the field for long, he's just such a crazy DPS monster.

Also, discord gets rid on genji really quickly. I'm not the best at aiming but I've gotten rid of a lot of genjis.

But genji is meant to kill the backline squishies. Same with tracer. A good team comp will make sure that there's an anti-flanker, especially with mccree being more viable now. If they can keep zen on the field for long, he's just such a crazy DPS monster.

Also, discord gets rid on genji really quickly. I'm not the best at aiming but I've gotten rid of a lot of genjis.

Admittedly, I play on console and people are always saying that it's harder to aim on console (though personally I rarely at best and very often at least miss shots myself). Perhaps that's not why I'm too worried about taking care of Zenyatta or dodging his supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom