• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
McCree falloff buff plus Mercy damage buff means the complete and total destruction of Pharmercy

I am going to kill so many Pharahs. And Mercy will be watching it the whole time. And loving it.

Apathy

With the gold weapons, are you supposed to accrue all 300 points this season? That's an absurd time investment

well you should be playing overwatch, give your video game life away to it and stop cheating on it with other games. other than that the points will roll over I would imagine and at the end of every season they might give bonus points depending on rank

lantus

Some guy was accusing me of hacking while playing Pharah today. I was having a really good match, which is kind of odd since I most of the time suck with her lol. He said he was going to report me, I told him be my guest. Blizzard is good at finding out who is and isn't cheating right? I'm on PS4 too btw

Rad-

McCree falloff buff plus Mercy damage buff means the complete and total destruction of Pharmercy

I am going to kill so many Pharahs. And Mercy will be watching it the whole time. And loving it.

If these McCree + Mercy + Zen buffs stay, Pharah pretty much dies in the meta. You will get shot down so fast.

And about team comps, Seagull said he thinks the new pro meta will be (if these changes stay that is): Zen, Ana, McCree, Mercy/Lucio. Those as the base four. Zen and McCree are just too insane now according to him and Ana's sleep is very powerful as it disables one target from the fight for 6 seconds and she's just a good all around hero.

LiK

Some guy was accusing me of hacking while playing Pharah today. I was having a really good match, which is kind of odd since I most of the time suck with her lol. He said he was going to report me, I told him be my guest. Blizzard is good at finding out who is and isn't cheating right? I'm on PS4 too btw

you can't cheat on consoles so let him report it and laugh.

CoLaN

Anyone feels like less and less people are playing the game? Competitive queues are really long, quickplay ones are still decent.

Satch

Banned
Anyone feels like less and less people are playing the game? Competitive queues are really long, quickplay ones are still decent.
prolly cuz its old

need new maps and/or modes, my few friends on my list are basically barely on anymore

im getting bored of it too tbh

LiK

i feel like some people are now just waiting for the next patch or they moved on and taking a break. Comp seems to have killed some people's interests in my list.

Satch

Banned
i feel like some people are now just waiting for the next patch or they moved on and taking a break. Comp seems to have killed some people's interests in my list.
yeah that too tbh, comp is just dumb as shit

its turning me off of the game too lol, but its the only place to get competent people in ur games. quickplay is a shitshow

game is FUCKED

Apathy

Fucking morons in quick play, I thank a god I don't believe in that I play with people in competitive now. why in your mind as a rein would you drop your shield while a pharah or 76 is ulting and get your teamamates killed. why after I 4 kill a team on the payload the healer thinks it's a good idea to switch to dva to contest it when we need a fucking healer.

rrs

my quick play luck seems to be roll of the dice too, but all the stories I hear of quitters in comp drive me off from trying it
(and not being level 25 yet)

Quick play is hugely more fun for me. Sure, you get leavers, and incompetents, and the occasional asshole, but Competitive has all of those things, plus more trolls, and also WAY more assholes, and you're stuck with them for a much longer time to boot.

Grief.exe

If these McCree + Mercy + Zen buffs stay, Pharah pretty much dies in the meta. You will get shot down so fast.

And about team comps, Seagull said he thinks the new pro meta will be (if these changes stay that is): Zen, Ana, McCree, Mercy/Lucio. Those as the base four. Zen and McCree are just too insane now according to him and Ana's sleep is very powerful as it disables one target from the fight for 6 seconds and she's just a good all around hero.

That's true.

Knock out a Mercy in the back and it's 5v6 without their healer. Do they really need to stack that much support though?

LiK

Quick Play is practice mode now. unless you're against groups, it feels like randoms are just all over the place. more so than before.

Dalek

I just can't get on a winning team tonight. Just totally sucks.

As an average player, this game is getting less and less fun. Everyone else is at expert level and clobbering me.

Anne

Didn't see it posted, dev chimed in on a stream about some PTR stuff. https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv.../mercy_buff_is_being_reverted_and_other_info/

Most notable is that Mercy right click buff is not sticking, Zen might get bumped down to 175 total HP. The logic behind the Mercy buff was what I guessed, they wanted to try it with the Widow nerf being in place. Turns out any character with reasonable hitscan damage in single shots breaks it anyways so it can't exactly stick :v

(The real most important thing learned is Pharah has all her limbs)

LiK

i hope they fix leaver penalty XP for winning teams in Comp. nothing more annoying than stomping enemy teams and they quit which punishes us for doing well.

Anne

On second thought all that info I posted might be enough for a enw thread? I'm too lazy to make it but I guess knowing new maps are being worked on and summer skins are coming is a thing people like. Also the bit about one hero limit being potentially not permanent.

duckroll

Anything that is being tested on the PTR is considered fluid, so it's not surprising that some aspects might not make it into the eventual patch. They're just commenting on what they have observed so far on PTR and I'm sure there will be more changes before the actual patch announcement. We already know they're working on new maps and that Summer skins are coming. Nothing has changed, and there's no new info or details on them. :p

Anne

Anything that is being tested on the PTR is considered fluid, so it's not surprising that some aspects might not make it into the eventual patch. They're just commenting on what they have observed so far on PTR and I'm sure there will be more changes before the actual patch announcement. We already know they're working on new maps and that Summer skins are coming. Nothing has changed, and there's no new info or details on them. :p

Ah okay, then we good :v still huzzah

LiK

i wonder what Mei summer skin looks like.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yep, knew zen's stuff and mercy's stuff wouldn't stick without some changes.

Seems like they're fairly happy with how Dva turned out.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Looks like they might have finally squashed the leaver penalty for winners in competitive.

CM said:
Hey everyone, quick update.

We believe we’ve found the source of the issues with Skill Rating you’re seeing and are in the process of deploying a probable fix on PC. This fix isn’t a guarantee and it may take about a full day before it hits all of our servers, so if you notice improvements within the next 24 hours, please let us know. (If you don't notice improvements, let us know that too.)

Again, this is just for PC only right now.
If we see good results, we can then take steps to deploy the same fix on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Thanks again for all your reports, and for not backing down on this one. We're sorry you needed to be so persistent in the first place, but we're extremely grateful that you stuck with us.

Once the fix is fully deployed on PC, we'll check back in.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745646508?page=26#detail

Satch

Banned
name something worse than playing Pharah, having a mercy on your team, and she spends the game pocketing bastion

go on, try your best

Spinifex

name something worse than playing Pharah, having a mercy on your team, and she spends the game pocketing bastion

go on, try your best

I pocket Bastion for the first few opening seconds and then zoom out of there via a Pharah. Always gets a few kills.

BigDug13

What hacking can you even do on PS4 version so far?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God I wish I could just buy gold.

That loot crate buzz has to be getting weaker now. I wonder if they'll ever buckle and just let you buy gold instead.

Hit 55 and I feel fine. It's been a long climb back and past my season high since dropping to 47. My advice? Play with people of a similar level. Unless you're a god-carry 60+ having a wildly varied team introduced lots of subtle problem, players with a lack flexibility, players unfamiliar with good strats or counters, etc.

I'm not a fan of hero stacking, but I'll miss double winston/double lucio on Anubis. Open with it in competitive, caught a team with their pants town and doble-capped in three minutes. They tried to return the favor, and did, but it took them almost 5 minutes. Second round we go for it again and they fight us off at the first point but ultimately collapse and we rush point two and clinch. Final round all I want is not to hit sudden death. We open strong on them but they eventually collapse our team (we ditched symmetra) and it turned into a god damn brawl on point B but we held. We fucking held.

Noticing MM throwing random super-underdog games at me during win streaks. Like, we'll roll for 3-5 games and then MM suddenly take superlong and then we're matched with a team like 5 levels higher on average/ Both times they had two 68+ people. Naturally we got crushed. Didn't lose much level, thankfully but it felt vindictive.

duckroll

go on, try your best

Had a game yesterday where we had TWO Genjis on our team on Attack Hanamura, and they were both unable to deal with a single Bastion on Point B.

And towards the end of the match, one of them switched to.... Hanzo.

BigDug13

God I wish I could just buy gold.

That loot crate buzz has to be getting weaker now. I wonder if they'll ever buckle and just let you buy gold instead.

Nah, if the buzz is getting weaker it's because people are starting to finish their collection of skins they want on the heroes they play already out of the skins available. A new release of purple and yellow skins for their favorite heroes will get them buying again.

IamAwake

Finally picked up Overwatch on PC. Is there anyway I can access the GAF PC BN ID list so I can add some gaffers to my friend's list? I can't seem to quote closed threads and can't find the link in this OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom