• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art guy on the Ster stream just said something like, "when we decided to work on Ana instead of the Alchemist" so and so.

Is the Alchemist someone we already knew about or did he just fuck up and talk about a previously un-hinted at character?

Full Metal Alchemist confirmed.

patchday

ana will be annoying. sad to see more stuns coming to this game. Really liked how there was way less stuns here then in dota clones

So like, I thought maybe the OW GAF discord might be a good place to get some games... but it seems like it really isn't. I'm always asking with no responses. Is it more active in here to find games?

Apathy

ana will be annoying. sad to see more stuns coming to this game. Really liked how there was way less stuns here then in dota clones

She'll see a lot of play at the drop but people will quickly leave her because of her much lower dps and you know, actually having to heal. It won't be as bad as you think, plus, hitting the sleeping dart is a little harder than it seems. On big bodies or close up yeah it's kinda easy, but it's her one on one get out off me tool, in a huge battle you'll be woken up fast

Rixxan

trying to push to 70 this week

just started the night at 66 and won three straight

guess what

im still 66

because in every fucking game someone left

cant believe they havent hotfixed this yet, seems like such an easy resolution

Jiraiza

Feels kind of good getting praise and a friend invite after playing Zennyatta well for a game. He's definitely going to be my "put on your game face" character, for sure. I just need to figure out some clever ways to make use of his right click. And improve my aim.

patchday

She'll see a lot of play at the drop but people will quickly leave her because of her much lower dps and you know, actually having to heal. It won't be as bad as you think, plus, hitting the sleeping dart is a little harder than it seems. On big bodies or close up yeah it's kinda easy, but it's her one on one get out off me tool, in a huge battle you'll be woken up fast

ya thats true. some good points

Just had the most boring win ever in Quick Play. Played against a team of one Tracer and five Symmetras on Volskaya. Me as D.Va and another guy as a Reaper went around the left side. There was one Symmetra on the point and no turrets there at all, we took it without anybody else showing up. Then we went to the second point, took out all the turrets, and capped it without hardly any resistance. I got 3 eliminations and got a silver medal.

Wanderer5

Well did a couple rounds of Competitive mode with a couple friends (regular client). First one was a lost, but the second one was a close one, but we won out at the last round of KOTH. Oh man did it feel so good, and cause of long match I ended up doing 20k of healing with Lucio.XD

Also are highlights, or well non PotG, called Play of the Match in this mode instead?

Had a comp match where my team had only 1 pair as a group, the other team had 3 pairs group.

And we steamrolled. They had a REALLY bad junkrat as in wasted a riptire on me as I was flying AWAY from the stage on ilios...as in I was already above the deadzone and the tire was still chasing.

ramyeon

Art guy on the Ster stream just said something like, "when we decided to work on Ana instead of the Alchemist" so and so.

Is the Alchemist someone we already knew about or did he just fuck up and talk about a previously un-hinted at character?
You must have heard it out of context. He said that one of the design concepts for Ana in the early stages was that she was a chemist/alchemist and had potions etc.

eek5

The sleep isn't that bad. The most annoying thing is probably when no one wakes you up because you can't do shit for 6 seconds or whatever but at least you don't get killed. Most of the people I put to sleep are past mid range and end up surviving so it isn't even that punishing compared to other stuns

Putting bastions and widows asleep is probably the best feeling in this game lol

Apathy

The sleep isn't that bad. The most annoying thing is probably when no one wakes you up because you can't do shit for 6 seconds or whatever but at least you don't get killed. Most of the people I put to sleep are past mid range and end up surviving so it isn't even that punishing compared to other stuns

Putting bastions and widows asleep is probably the best feeling in this game lol

although there are some dirty combos, sleep and have a junk place a trap right on that player

eek5

although there are some dirty combos, sleep and have a junk place a trap right on that player

Yeah for sure. 6s does give you a lot of time to set up some cool combos (even ana can do a nice combo with the shoot melee heal grenade) but most of the time stuff is moving way too fast to set that stuff up.

I'm sure in higher tiers it will work (i.e. call out that i'll be sleeping x hero on the left and then people can set up) but you'd have to be pretty confident in landing the sleep dart which is crazy hard

Gotta say I really like the more "fuck around" nature of PTR. Both sides just joking with each other. Just having fun.

I love PTR. One person in one game complained how bad some people played and everyone just laughed.

"What happens in PTR stays in PTR."
"Who takes PTR seriously?"
"You're in the wrong server if you're playing to win"

The guy just leaves.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Zen buffs, Mercy semi-buffs(fuck rez thank god), Ana

man live is gonna be filled with supports for the first time ever when the patch hits. and DVas

Zen buffs, Mercy semi-buffs(fuck rez thank god), Ana

man live is gonna be filled with supports for the first time ever when the patch hits. and DVas

Getting res as Mercy isnt any harder than it was before. Self Heal gives you a stupid amount of ult charge back and the extra 30% ult increase isnt even noticeable. I can still seemingly have res whenever I desire it.

Apathy

that feeling when you press q instead of wraith form but end up killing a bunch of people including a mccree looking for the perfect high noon by accident

I changed it for OW. I do ten times better now. Default sensitivity was what was dragging me down. I increased everything up.

I think I'm doing just fine, I've never felt like I had to, I always get on target fast enough and never really get off target, so I'm good.

It's just that whenever I change settings, I feel that morning will ever be the same (even if I do change them back to default).

Grief.exe

I never, EVER, change the default settings on any game I've played, ever.

You don't keep the sensitivity consistent across games so you develop muscle memory?

girls-laughing.jpg

LiK

I usually stick with default too! but for this game I had to change the horizontal since it took to long to turn around specially for reapers who get behind your back.

I also changed the reticules. Better experience. Glad they allowed this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My TF2 sensitvity is slightly higher than my overwatch sensitvity due to how rocket jumping works.

Hell, some of my OW heroes have higher sensitivity than others.

I think he meant adjusting it so they all feel the same as opposed to just accepting the new speed of a different game.

Eh, that's a valid argument. But honestly I don't want every game to feel the same. I would much rather prefer to get used to different sensitivities and play games as they were (arguably) meant to be played than to make it all the same.

Apathy

You know what would encourage people to do objectives? on every achievement they should have put "while standing on the point/payload". People will be fighting to get on them

Satch

Banned
i have played two competitive games and both have been ruined by a widowmaker

Wtf. I NEVER have widowmaker on my team anymore until tonight 🤔

Edit: my third game has a leaver. wtf is happening, my games were great last week

spiritfox

What would you guys say to a hero that can stunbreak? Might be a little pointless since the stuns in the game are not very long, but it might be useful.

duckroll

What would you guys say to a hero that can stunbreak? Might be a little pointless since the stuns in the game are not very long, but it might be useful.

Passively? Might be useful depending on what else the hero does. As a dedicated function that takes up an active ability? Useless!

You know what would encourage people to do objectives? on every achievement they should have put "while standing on the point/payload". People will be fighting to get on them

that's if they are into achievements. why not have it unlock hero skins or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom