• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxgt

Banned
Mei is one of the weakest characters in the game. She's just really annoying to play against and that clouds judgement.

Hitbox fix will kill her. It'll also kill Hanzo too but that doesn't bother me because fuck Hanzo.

Oh shit now the useless Hanzo player in every single match will be even more useless.

duckroll

I personally feel that when there is a Mei on my team, I feel more motivated to play well regardless of who I am playing. Then when I have two Meis on my team, that motivation becomes negative. When I'm playing against a Mei, I tend to just freeze up a lot. Not sure why. Is she too cute? Maybe it's some special ability she has...

PatjuhR

A bad Mei is fun to play against, since she makes for a good kill.

But a good Mei who sneaks up on me all the time and freezes me gets me so frustrated. I hate to see myself froze and waiting that 1-2 seconds it takes her to give me a headshot.

I'm not saying she needs to be nerfed or something. It's good like this, but just annoying and I hate you if you are a good Mei.

I personally feel that when there is a Mei on my team, I feel more motivated to play well regardless of who I am playing. Then when I have two Meis on my team, that motivation becomes negative. When I'm playing against a Mei, I tend to just freeze up a lot. Not sure why. Is she too cute? Maybe it's some special ability she has...

Mei never wants to face off against me, she just gives me the cold shoulder.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
MeI needs 400 hp, freeze should happen in 2 ticks and her ult should happen after one hit of her gun.

4 of the 5 weakest heroes in competitive got nerfs this patch:

-Bastion has slower ult charge
-Mei, Hanzo and Torbjorn are less likely to score headshots witht the new hitboxes.
-Zenyatta go significant buffs (though will have to compete in his niche with Ana, who has a 5 second disable).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mei's one of those unfortunate cases where she's not really good but she's the definition of "not fun to play against".

See:
Techies
Teemo
4 pool
Flowchart Ken
Face Hunter

Personally I don't give a shit cause Mei is whatever but a lot of people care so Blizzard should probably consider a redesign.

Haly

Duckroll, you're such a casual scrub that you wouldn't know ESPORTS if Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler threw an Aegis trophy at you while having Dragon Lore equipped.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

-Mei, Hanzo and Torbjorn are less likely to score headshots witht the new hitboxes.
-Zenyatta go significant buffs (though will have to compete in his niche with Ana, who has a 5 second disable).

The ult buff on mei is actually kinda crazy. You can almost always guarantee to have it whenever the other team tries for a push.

Still need to play around with it to see how much I can annoy the other team with.

Also I dunno, I hit people fine with icicle. Maybe people just need to learn to aim. >:3

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I felt the same about Bastion even in the beta. He's so cheesy and a huge hurdle for new players but he isn't actually that good, while Mei is just not fun to fight with her kit. They both feel like they need something.

Mush

The ult buff on mei is actually kinda crazy. You can almost always guarantee to have it whenever the other team tries for a push.

Still need to play around with it to see how much I can annoy the other team with.
Wait what, did I miss something in the patch notes? Or is this in the next PTR update?

Haly

I think Bastion's proved himself in some of the recent GosuGamers/ESL tournaments. I think he needs just a little more, maybe, but he's not in nearly a bad a situation as Mei.

Jarate

Banned
Bastion just counters a few of the classes being used heavily, once we see hero stacking die I think we'll also see Bastion dead in general other then in rare instances.

Antiwhippy

Wait what, did I miss something in the patch notes? Or is this in the next PTR update?

Self heal gains ult charge in a kinda crazy rate. Around 10-15%, but I still need to exactly measure it. I feel like I can get it up constantly.

I think Bastion's proved himself in some of the recent GosuGamers/ESL tournaments. I think he needs just a little more, maybe, but he's not in nearly a bad a situation as Mei.

Only because double winston was plaguing the lands wasn't it?

D.Va

Neo Member
I was playing ranked today (won 2, lost 5) as Lucio on Nepal and I got yelled at for being a bad healer. Not only did he say that a few minutes AFTER I had switched to Dva (he was Lucio at this point), but I can't heal Soldier, Tracer, and McCree when they're all trying to flank.

Giving up on ranked until I can get a group together lol.

I don't think they can even hear your voice lines.

Wait, really? I remember enemies coming to our spawn door and I could hear their "Hello!"

Antiwhippy

Also why I already actually think Dva is pretty good for KotH, her buffs make her almost one of the preferred tanks on KotH for me. The ult buff is kinda crazy good for koth.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like what was even the thought process at Blizzard. As much as I like ragging on Hanzo.

'Hey we nerfed Widow's bodyshot damage so Hanzo has some kind of purpose in the game'
Few weeks later
'Hey we changed the hitboxes so they're a lot tighter'
'Should we do anything to buff Hanzo then? That's kind of his thing. He can't even area deny with these changes'
'....Who's Hanzo?'

Honestly every character has to deal with the same hitboxes it's only people making viral videos who laser focus only on Hanzo. Larger head hitboxes are way more beneficial for Widow, Soldier and McCree if anything which is why they were such bigger factors in comp.

That's true.

Knock out a Mercy in the back and it's 5v6 without their healer. Do they really need to stack that much support though?

Yes but the reasons Seagull was using was that Zenyatta is more of a DPS flex with a support ult. Zenyatta already has good dps on his own but combined that with discord so the team can focus down key targets quickly pretty much makes him a auto pick for most team comps.

Antiwhippy

Yeah they're not specifically nerfing projectile hitboxes right? Just head hitboxes?

Hitscan weapons will be affected too in that case.

Kain

Was playing with a friend yesterday, me with Mei, him with Mercy defending Numbani. We lost because the dps was abyssmally bad: a (horribly bad as usual) Hanzo, a horrible Genji who couldn't kill the annoying Widow once and a Soldier who was actually not bad. So he does like 10ks worth of healing, we lose because as I said the fucking dps couldn't kill NOTHING (seriously, I had silver in eliminations with Mei, it was one of the first times I picked her, I'm learning, and I still killed more than most of them) and the Genji complained that the healing was shit. A Genji, defending, complaining that the healing is shit. Let that sink in for a minute. A fucking Genji who didn't kill the Widow ONCE.

Sometimes I wonder if the people playing are actual people or are just hatebots with random predetermined responses.

ramyeon

People who get on voice channel to cuss out players and blame them for everything happening is 100x worse than anyone playing Hanzo on attack. Guy in my team a couple of hours felt like he could order this guy around and then started cussing him out since he was the only one with his mic on.

Was even just a weekly brawl match, fucking ridiculous.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly every character has to deal with the same hitboxes it's only people making viral videos who laser focus only on Hanzo. Larger head hitboxes are way more beneficial for Widow, Soldier and McCree if anything which is why they were such bigger factors in comp.

I don't see how characters with hitscans benefit more from a larger hitbox. There's no accounting for movement, you click, it fires, it hits. Where as with a smaller hitbox for a projectile weapon you figure out where they're going, if they're still going that way and now have a giant open area around their head that can completely whiff.

Rogan

Banned
I'm looking for players who know how to play, I want to get in ranked but the random group-ups are so bad.

So, want to group-up? I'm in CET.

Mij tag is Battleswag

Don't ask why.

Thank you.

maomaoIYP

I was playing ranked today (won 2, lost 5) as Lucio on Nepal and I got yelled at for being a bad healer. Not only did he say that a few minutes AFTER I had switched to Dva (he was Lucio at this point), but I can't heal Soldier, Tracer, and McCree when they're all trying to flank.

Giving up on ranked until I can get a group together lol.

Wait, really? I remember enemies coming to our spawn door and I could hear their "Hello!"
Oh wait I think you could be right. I know they aren't recorded for potgs though. But yeah I would use "is this easy mode" too. And maybe a tea time spray since she can't crouch in mech form.

Mush

Self heal gains ult charge in a kinda crazy rate. Around 10-15%, but I still need to exactly measure it. I feel like I can get it up constantly.
Oh, my bad. I thought I had skimmed over a change to the ult itself.

On the subject of Mei*, I can honestly say that she is my favourite character to play as (along with D.Va and Zenyatta) because when I'm having a good game I feel like I'm actually contributing *insert "I'm helping" comic here* to my team by well.. just being generally annoying to deal with.

As for improving her, well, the only thing I can suggest off the top of my head is to buff her ult by either increasing the radius or the damage it does over time. I'm guessing they won't revert back to how her weapon was in the beta, but then again, they did give back Zenyatta 200 health.

*WARNING: I am a giant Mei stan/console peasant who didn't play the beta and only started playing shortly after launch DO NOT LISTEN TO ME I AM A CRAZY PERSON

I don't see how characters with hitscans benefit more from a larger hitbox. There's no accounting for movement, you click, it fires, it hits. Where as with a smaller hitbox for a projectile weapon you figure out where they're going, if they're still going that way and now have a giant open area around their head that can completely whiff.

The head hitboxes are larger than the actual head for everything but the popular videos only demonstrated with Hanzo. Hitscan is better obviously because the enemy can't juke after you fire.

YRunztu.gif
as if mei wasn't terrifying enough already

Hyun Sai

Bastion (like all heroes with ult charge rate nerfed) can heal himself and charge ult. So the slower ult charge was needed to compensate as they explained in the patch notes.

Personally, I don't think that Bastion, Hanzo, or Mei are any superior or inferior to any other heroes if played correctly. They all have a role and niche to fill.

Pooya

sleep dart is no use when everyone just shoots the target instantly anyway :(

nano boost is so broken it's not even funny. Shooting like 10-11 targets with your left click charges it too, that includes friendlies.

To counter nano boost on something like reinhardt or genji, you have to put them to sleep, so you need Ana to counter Ana and it's still not good enough.

I like some of the changes but overall game feels far too chaotic, there are so many things that instantly kill you with one shot, that's not fun.

Did I mention how silly nano boost and soldier 76 aimbot is? or how broken it is on reaper? not even ult, he just kills all the tanks almost instantly. I don't think tanks will be very good in this patch meta. you probably go 3 support, 1 tank max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom