• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

So I did solo queue for comp mode, and it actually turn out alright, and my team won. It was close too and was almost going to be sudden death, but we were able to snag that last control point in the 2 mins that we had at the end.

I don't think I be able handle of these long matches a lot through lol. I probably would still not bother with solo queue really.

duckroll

Oh and here's a legit tip about PC specific Overwatch which even people familiar with shooters might not know immediately: You can customize different control settings and options individually for every single hero in the options. SO GOOD.

six games
2 leavers
3 coinflips
1 five stack of psychopaths

Why is god like this ?

Heh, I started at 45 tonight and ended at 44.

Would've stayed at 45 after about 5 games, but the three stack on Dorado forgot to push the payload after I died to clear the path as Zarya. Took out the teleporter and everything, but they pushed past the cart to go for kills.

I'll admit I wasn't very kind on the mic after that.

Anne

Thanks. Appreciate it!

I played maybe one or two matches in the beta on a friend's PC. So, still pretty new to Overwatch. PC Shooters are mainly cooperative like L4D2 or Payday2, not much on the competitive side.

Play with the char specific settings a lot like Duckroll said. @800 DPI 6-7 is around where most people are on sensitivity, but you might want lower for somebody like soldier or higher on like Pharah. Also if you play Soldier it might be worth having a crosshair that shows bloom while on other chars you might perfer dot or something.

Get good at a few chars too, dont be afraid to switch in game. OW is pretty generous with most of the heroes being straightforward to use starting out. You can start looking up tricks once you find chars you really wanna do more with.

Wanderer5

LOL I just noticed that part of my play of the match video from that solo queue match I did had me as Pharah sending a just turned molten core Torbjorn out of the map with concussive blast.XD

That felt so good getting rid of him like that before he could cause trouble ha ha.

Satch

Banned
some widowmaker decided he just wasnt going to play because hes psychic apparently and foretold our loss??????????

?????????

??????????

duckroll

LOL I just noticed that part of my play of the match video from that solo queue match I did had me as Pharah sending a just turned molton core Torbjorn out of the map with concussive blast.XD

That felt so good getting rid of him like that before he could cause trouble ha ha.

But did you get his turret?!

peakish

I need to get back from my vacation and get on PTR before the nerfs on Zen hit.

The Ster Q&A stream is pretty damn cool, I hope it's not a one-off.

Apathy

Oh and here's a legit tip about PC specific Overwatch which even people familiar with shooters might not know immediately: You can customize different control settings and options individually for every single hero in the options. SO GOOD.

Only one I really needed was swapping hogs e and shift. Hook makes more sense on e

Wanderer5

Oh boy that must have felt GREAT. Lol.

Probably one of my favorite moments pretty much lol, especially since his ult can be really annoying. Had a nice co-ult with Zarya right after too that to wipe out the last couple of enemies defending the control point. Shall be worthy to upload online.

Pharah continues to be freaking blast.

Laputa_94

Had some the best matches I have had in the past week. Since I don't play as much these days I'm probably going to be more selective with who I play with unless its quick play.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can I make a suggestion to Blizzard?

If you join a game with a Hanzo and Widowmaker on your team at the start, you should be able to quit the game with zero penalty. Because the kind of people who are going to pick the other sniper when there's already one sniper are the kind of people who aren't going to change heroes no matter what, no matter how badly you're losing.

This is pretty important advice. Being able to see HP for characters like Soldier 76 and Zarya can really come in handy. Knowing who needs to be healed or needs to be shielded the most can really extend the time your team stays on the objective. While we're at it, another option that I advise to turn on is the feed of deaths in the top right corner of the screen. Knowing who died and especially to what can be critical information for a team that isn't that communicative.

Can I make a suggestion to Blizzard?

If you join a game with a Hanzo and Widowmaker on your team at the start, you should be able to quit the game with zero penalty. Because the kind of people who are going to pick the other sniper when there's already one sniper are the kind of people who aren't going to change heroes no matter what, no matter how badly you're losing.
I'd like an asterisk behind people's names if 75% of their total playtime is logged to a single character.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hope they nerf the basketball in the spawns, it's ridiculous how hard it is to get a point. I'm boycotting Overwatch until this is resolved.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sad to say that Mei is slowly becoming my, 'I never have a reason to play this character' character.

Even as simple as Bastion is,I see his purpose and he can be fun to play in certain situations. Mei is just like 'I don't know I can block people'. Like I can annoy people as Mei. But I can annoy people as Winston and do a way better job of it. I can kill people with icicles. That's novel for a minute. But I play McCree. So it feels like intentionally gimping myself comparatively even with Mei's other kits. And it's like if we need a defense character, I mean... Bastion, Junkrat and Tobjorn almost always seem like better calls.

Related to Junkrat, I guess it's jsut avoidable in higher play or something because I don't see how Junkrat's concussive grenade isn't under the same swing of McCree's original Flashbang/FTH. It just does so much damage. He does so much damage but then to have an on demand explosion that does a lot of damage and is on a very short cooldown. I feel dirty every time I play Junkrat because I gold medal everything. Even over characters I've spent much more time with like Winston, Pharah, Zenyatta, McCree, Genji, Reaper. It is ridiculous. I am every Lucio and Tracer's nightmare. but I'm also every Genji's nightmare, every 76's. And I don't think I"m that great at Junkrat either. He's just so, so strong a performer.

Though at the same time I'd hate to see it nerfed because the last thing Tracer needs is another counter to her nerfed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You build up ult so quickly in PTR though.

Thing mei has over junk and mccree really is that she's a lot more survivable than either. She needs a buff though, as shocked as other people may be at that idea.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I just had the most ragtag team in solo queue just completely dominate what looked like basicall ya premade solo queue slaughterhouse.

Our team
Winston-Zarya-Reaper-76-Symmetra-Genji

Their team
Zarya-Lucio-Mercy-Tobjorn-Bastion-Tracer

And we just steamrolled them on Hollywood of all places. I killed their Lucio, the Bastion and Tobjorn were distracted by the team in the main gate. I flanked behind them and killed the Bastion and the Tobjorn and his turret. I killed the Mercy. I killed the Tracer. It was like Planet of the Apes in this bitch with zero communication going on.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You build up ult so quickly in PTR though.

Thing mei has over junk and mccree really is that she's a lot more survivable than either. She needs a buff though, as shocked as other people may be at that idea.
I think she needs a skill change to make her not suck the fun out of the game as much as she sucks the heat out of her enemies first.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Reduce freeze effect, buff icicle.

Done.

Make freeze something that is only good to do to slow down in team fights but more viable for people to escape in a 1 v 1 situation, and make her icicle the go to attack. Which it should be anyway, just make it more viable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can I get a buff to McCree's fan the hammer? If you want to be balanced, make it only apply to shields.

Basically, Reinhardt's shield is completely fucked and you can't do shit about it because the cooldown is so short even when it breaks. Especially since you're never close enough to hit the flashbang trick anymore since Fan the Hammer is completely useless compared to headshots and they continue in the 'McCree is mid to long range' direction on PTR

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe Bastion could get one rocket for sentry mode for every kill in Recon?

like the character feels unfinished with his basic as fuck moveset

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Another Overwatch suggestion;

When there's a healer and someone else picks Symmetra and the healer clicks change hero the little prompt should say 'Hey dipshit, Symmetra's not a healer'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom