• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they get a damage and speed boost when they have the nano boost, but do they also get reduced damaged as well? If so, that doesn't leave much window for countering.

It'll probably have to be handled the way I handle Moltern Core amor Rip Tire, by telling my team to stay back or to spread out in order to minimize casualties, respectively.

Pooya

you take 50 percent less damage as well.

so 50% more damage, speed and less taken damage. If you put it on reinhardt for example, he goes hammer time, it's almost impossible to kill him and each of his swings deal like over 100 damage while moving very fast.

Azoor

you take 50 percent less damage as well.

so 50% more damage, speed and less taken damage. If you put it on reinhardt for example, he goes hammer time, it's almost impossible to kill him and each of his swings deal like over 100 damage while moving very fast.

McCree could still stun him and then all can attack him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You can also put him to sleep.

Nano boosted rein is fucking scary though.

Dva can just eat boosted reaper shots and fly away.

A combined effort of a whole team, Rip Tire, Self Destruct, or a couple other ultimates should be enough to take him down.

Edit: How long does nano boost last?

nOoblet16

It's hard to tell if they changed the hitbox or reduced the projectile size of the arrow.

It looks like hitboxes are better, more conformed to the model.
It was always the arrows.

Hitboxes never change, it's essentially a stack of invisible box shaped polygons that outlines the character silhouette. They won't change depending on which enemy is shooting at you. Think about it for a second, it does not make sense that your hitbox would change and become bigger when Hanzo is shooting at you and would become normal when everyone else is shooting at you...if that were the case then what happens when Hanzo and some other hero is shooting at you at the same time?

The arrows on the other hand have a hitbox that is far larger than their silhouette, which would mean all arrows (regardless of who they are aimed at) have a leeway when it comes to accuracy as their hitbox can intersect with the character hitbox even when the arrow is not on target. Which is exactly what the case is in the game at the moment.

nOoblet16

You can also put him to sleep.

Nano boosted rein is fucking scary though.

Dva can just eat boosted reaper shots and fly away.

D.Va can eat Reaper shots better than other tanks anyway even without Nano boost due to how armour works.

Edit: Oh you mean boosted reaper firing at D.Va.

Chance

Getting res as Mercy isnt any harder than it was before. Self Heal gives you a stupid amount of ult charge back and the extra 30% ult increase isnt even noticeable. I can still seemingly have res whenever I desire it.

So wait - Mercy's auto health regen counts as self heal?

So wait - Mercy's auto health regen counts as self heal?

Yes Lucio, Mercy, Zenyatta all build ult charge from their auto health regeneration. This is why the ultimate changes made to Lucio and Mercy are a joke.

Mercy can still rez at will (I can still get rez up in one team fight) and now Lucio and Zenyatta will have their ults more frequently.

So get ready for Heroes that never die while we break it down as we pass into the Iris.

Yes Lucio, Mercy, Zenyatta all build ult charge from their auto health regeneration. This is why the ultimate changes made to Lucio and Mercy are a joke.

Mercy can still rez at will (I can still get rez up in one team fight) and now Lucio and Zenyatta will have their ults more frequently.

So get ready for Heroes that never die while we break it down as we pass into the Iris.
The new Support meta.

I hope non Dva tanks are still viable...

Chance

Ohohohoh sweet I've been waiting for confirmation on that.

And now I'm going to assume that it works for Mei's Cryo-Freeze as well. Very pleased, very pleased. Now if they could just do something about the leaver penalty...

Hitboxes never change, it's essentially a stack of invisible box shaped polygons that outlines the character silhouette. They won't change depending on which enemy is shooting at you. Think about it for a second, it does not make sense that your hitbox would change and become bigger when Hanzo is shooting at you and would become normal when everyone else is shooting at you...if that were the case then what happens when Hanzo and some other hero is shooting at you at the same time?

Hitboxes don't conform to the player models in this game. They stick out quite a lot actually. Viral Hanzo videos show the combination of the size of the arrow hitbox and the player model. Notice that they never do a side by side with McCree and Hanzo taking the same shots.

Dude, tanks are still going to be great. Zen ain't going to come out of ptr entirely intact anyway, as much as i would love it.
Zen becoming an 'every game' hero terrifies me. If there is a Zen on the opposite team then there is a 278% chance that his discord orb is on my fat Roadhog ass at any given time.

:(

Hyun Sai

Zenyatta got health regen ? Isn't it shields ?

Thinking of double dipping and picking this up on PC, might keep it on PS4 so I can still play with my friend. Fucking sick of dealing with double Torbjorn's in every game.

LiK

Thinking of double dipping and picking this up on PC, might keep it on PS4 so I can still play with my friend. Fucking sick of dealing with double Torbjorn's in every game.

I believe double Torbs still exist on PC as well. I might double dip for PTR and playing with more Gaffers. there's a real drought of players on PS4 when I go play.

I believe double Torbs still exist on PC as well. I might double dip for PTR and playing with more Gaffers. there's a real drought of players on PS4 when I go play.

He's stupid OP on console though, makes me want to rage quit whenever I'm up against him.

Kain

Zen's 50 extra HP should be in health, not shields.

Don't give Blizz ideas pls, him having 150 of shields is a godsend.

I'm going to have so much fun playing Zen, he's my second most played char and unless there is a Widow coming for me I have a blast everytime. Now it'll be even better

Anyone down for grouping up on the PS4 and playing some competitive games? Rank 64 at the moment, so I would prefer people of similar rank (which I hope is understandable).

Don't give Blizz ideas pls, him having 150 of shields is a godsend.

I'm going to have so much fun playing Zen, he's my second most played char and unless there is a Widow coming for me I have a blast everytime. Now it'll be even better

Alternatively, they can change it up completely. Give him 150 health and 50 shield.

Edit: If people are complaining about his health that much, why not just give him an extra 25 health/shield instead of 50 shield. It's possible, considering Symmetra can give 25 shield. Heck, if you want a Zenyatta with 125/150 shield (depending on if they go for health or shield), you'll need to have a Symmetra and I find that rather fair.

Because if they keep up the currently buffed Zenyatta it'll be possible to give him a max of 300 HP and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Poor Torbjorn.

He's getting nerfed because people refuse to take down his turrets. It's not his fault.

I swear, there have been at least 3-4 games where I was playing Mercy, and I ended up pulling out my gun and killing the damn turret myself, because "Well, if none of you assholes are going to do it, I guess it's my job." So sick of hearing "Molten Core!" over and over again because idiots keep charging straight in and getting turreted to death instead of taking a minute to scout it out and destroy it.

LiK

anyone getting audio glitches lately where you don't hear an enemy hero use their Ult? I was with different groups and it happened a few times. people mentioned they didn't hear it either. was bad when McCree said it and we didn't even hear it. lame

Zemm

Reinhardts that charge out of a Zarya ultimate instead of putting their shield up. COWARDS. The kind of person that push the women and children out of the way to get on a rescue boat when the Cruise Liner is sinking. The kind of person that parks in the last available disabled spot.

Interfectum

I swear, there have been at least 3-4 games where I was playing Mercy, and I ended up pulling out my gun and killing the damn turret myself, because "Well, if none of you assholes are going to do it, I guess it's my job." So sick of hearing "Molten Core!" over and over again because idiots keep charging straight in and getting turreted to death instead of taking a minute to scout it out and destroy it.

I think we run into a situation sometimes where everyone thinks "someone else take it out." So you got all six teammates thinking the other guy gonna do it.

Alright, I'm available for some competitive matches.

With or without a mic, it doesn't really matter. I'll probably use mine though.

I prefer smaller groups like groups of three but I'm fine with whatever.

PSN: TheGoreMagala

abundant

the Torb stacking is what killed it. altho since Comp will limit to 1 hero each, that negates his OPness.
That's the thing that bugs me the most right now. I've made peace with the nerf, because Multi Torb is a problem on consoles, but now with the changes to Comp, once this nerf hits, Torb is going to become the most worthless pick in Comp, unless you're really good at aiming his rivet gun.

Apathy

sleep dart is no use when everyone just shoots the target instantly anyway :(

nano boost is so broken it's not even funny. Shooting like 10-11 targets with your left click charges it too, that includes friendlies.

To counter nano boost on something like reinhardt or genji, you have to put them to sleep, so you need Ana to counter Ana and it's still not good enough.

I like some of the changes but overall game feels far too chaotic, there are so many things that instantly kill you with one shot, that's not fun.

Did I mention how silly nano boost and soldier 76 aimbot is? or how broken it is on reaper? not even ult, he just kills all the tanks almost instantly. I don't think tanks will be very good in this patch meta. you probably go 3 support, 1 tank max.

It's still ptr, changes are not set in stone and Kaplan said he and the team are still watching balance. I think zen and ana will both see changes before the patch goes live.

Poor Torbjorn.

He's getting nerfed because people refuse to take down his turrets. It's not his fault.

There is more to it than that.

If you're playing attack on Volskaya for point B, and there are 4 enemy Torb's on the other team, you effectively have to take out 8 turrets and 4 dwarfs, plus whatever else is floating around. Not to mention the likelyhood of at least 1 of those turrets being Molten Core ready.

It got to the point where the only viable counter was a double DVa ult, but that requires so much precision and timing and communication.

Edit: Last I heard it was a 30% dmg reduction on Console only.

LiK

That's the thing that bugs me the most right now. I've made peace with the nerf, because Multi Torb is a problem on consoles, but now with the changes to Comp, once this nerf hits, Torb is going to become the most worthless pick in Comp, unless you're really good at aiming his rivet gun.

Comp Torb players on PS4 I found in the 50 ranks seem really good at shooting with Torb themselves so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. his Ult is still gonna be fucking scary as shit.

They're only nerfing Torb on console. He's actually almost too weak on PC in my opinion - but his kit is the kind that can just be obnoxious and toxic if it's pushed too far, so I would never advocate any sort of buff on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom