• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, if you cap your framerate a bit, say to 90 fps, your temps should decrease. It seems that Overwatch is very efficient at utilizing gpus. It's a game that definitely can cause heating issues if the cooling isn't great.

Thank for the tip. I had it setup that way initially, but read that the more FPS the better for getting those kills. Of course with my really crappy WASD skills, it really doesn't matter. I'm a sitting duck as Zenyatta and can't play my two mains (Reaper and Lucio) since they really require movement to be effective.

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to try and play with an Elite controller and see how well I do against mouse players. Kinda curious.
I played Titanfall with a 360 controller on PC and did about as well as I do in any FPS on the PS4 (I came out as level 49 in competitive mode). I think that game's code was written to help players with controllers though (I could be mistaken though).

Dang. Are you on PC? Let's play I've been on a losing streak since my first game out of placement.
I swear it's not because I'm bad.

Yeah, I'm on PC. I'll play with anyone for the most part, I don't really take it too seriously.

Bnet: Forerunner#11974

Holy shit. Just had a match where a Reinhardt was shielding a Torb, Bastion and Symmetra on the first point of Volskaya.(in the little base so you can't catch them off guard) They also had a Mercy-boosted Junkrat roaming around. Christ. That was not fun.

As a great Torb player I don't see the need to nerf him on consoles.

I've met plenty of Widows and Parah's that are smart and give me hell when I set up my turrets and force me to place them in less than ideal spots.

rrs

Torb/Bastion are highly situational characters who can either smash the mightiest push or get ran over instantly
I appreciate the nerd their getting in terms of damage, but I feel all they really need is to not instantly fully revive their health. He already has a repair function, his ult can add armor to his Turret, but let the damage I've done stay until. Giving his turrets a shorter range woukd help too, because snipers are supposed to be his other counter and that doesn't work when the room is so small that they lock into them no matter how they come in.
Yeah, final point in hanamura/pre-first point temple of anubis chokepoint can go to shit when stacked torbs fuck your shit

LiK

As a great Torb player I don't see the need to nerf him on consoles.

I've met plenty of Widows and Parah's that are smart and give me hell when I set up my turrets and force me to place them in less than ideal spots.

one or two Torbs is doable. 4, 5 or 6 controlling every angle and constantly going Molten Core is shitty.

Apathy

Holy shit. Just had a match where a Reinhardt was shielding a Torb, Bastion and Symmetra on the first point of Volskaya.(in the little base so you can't catch them off guard) They also had a Mercy-boosted Junkrat roaming around. Christ. That was not fun.

That's because that whole map is pure garbage

Try playing against 6 Torbs on Volskaya. It was so fucking broken I couldn't help but laugh.

Kuro

Just spam nades and rockets into the base

BigDug13

I've seen that and it's really easy to break. Stay off to the sides and take Reinhardt's shield down with shots. It sticks out away from harm and is easily breakable. Then you've got them all stuck in a pocket of destruction.

one or two Torbs is doable. 4, 5 or 6 controlling every angle and constantly going Molten Core is shitty.
That I don't deny, cause I've face that many times before, but balancing for hero stacking would be a massive headache which is why on competitive they're just saying screw that and banning it altogether.

abundant

That's actually a pretty easy strategy to counter, provided you have a half decent Hanzo on your team. All it takes is one Dragon Arrow and everyone dies.

So quitters are ruining competitive. For both sides. Had a game last night where we held tight on denfense and only gave up the first point and then on our turn as we approach the second point and seconds from victory people on the other team quit. Hurray you get the minimum points allotted for your well earned victory.

Are they making changes to this current season in progress or is it really just watch it burn and fix it next season?

Veelk

Banned
That I don't deny, cause I've face that many times before, but balancing for hero stacking would be a massive headache which is why on competitive they're just saying screw that and banning it altogether.
They really ought to ban it in quickplay too. It's no more balanced there than in comp.

I really, REALLY don't want to play comp, but this might force me to if I don't have another option to avoid this obviously broken and unfun mechanic. Pandering to the tiny minority of immature players that will lose their shit at not being able to play their favorite characters each game is not worth this.

LiK

They really ought to ban it in quickplay too. It's no more balanced there than in comp.

I really, REALLY don't want to play comp, but this might force me to if I don't have another option to avoid this obviously broken and unfun mechanic.

nah, QP is for casual fun. banning stacking there would be bad. Comp is where people take it seriously so if you hate stacking, go Comp.

abundant

So quitters are ruining competitive. For both sides. Had a game last night where we held tight on denfense and only gave up the first point and then on our turn as we approach the second point and seconds from victory people on the other team quit. Hurray you get the minimum points allotted for your well earned victory.

Are they making changes to this current season in progress or is it really just watch it burn and fix it next season?

Whatever they do, it better be fixed by Season 2 or it will just be the same experience all over again, no matter what changes they implement in Season 2.

Veelk

Banned
nah, QP is for casual fun. banning stacking there would be bad. Comp is where people take it seriously so if you hate stacking, go Comp.
But I don't want to play seriously. I want casual fun, and stacking ruins it for me.

I've seen that and it's really easy to break. Stay off to the sides and take Reinhardt's shield down with shots. It sticks out away from harm and is easily breakable. Then you've got them all stuck in a pocket of destruction.

If you can time a Whole Hog around the time his shield breaks, you'll destroy everyone in there since you can't knock them back.

Mei could also be useful here to just block them off and capture the point with them trapped behind.

Double Mei for double the duration.

rrs

That's actually a pretty easy strategy to counter, provided you have a half decent Hanzo on your team. All it takes is one Dragon Arrow and everyone dies.
watch as the team also has a roaming counter that fucks up any dragon arrow attempt

abundant

watch as the team also has a roaming counter that fucks up any dragon arrow attempt

That's why I said half decent Hanzo player. Those players build up their ult ridiculously fast and aren't that easy to counter. Roadhog, Zarya and Mei's ult are also easy counters to the strategy.

Kito

That awkward moment when you see an opponent playing Symmetra on koth too. We ran into each other, paused for a sec, before exchanging beams.

abundant

I think I'm done with competitive until they fix this shit. Almost every single round, I'm on a team that isn't even remotely competitive in relation to our opponent (and that includes myself), and it's not even close. And much of the time, our opponents have groups. Isn't single queue not supposed to go up against grouped teams? And why do I never get put on a grouped team?

IDK what's going on with the matchmaking, but getting decimated every single round has grown old for me.

Unless you are extremely lucky, it's best not to play Comp without a (full) group.

So I've decided to try out Zenyatta because I was getting a bit bored with my usual suspects, and man... he's a lot more fun than I expected. I even got my first Play of the Game with him. 8D
And he's gonna get even better when the patch hits live, yush!

Also sorry Raider1988 for being so bad during our games haha. The second you left I actually got all the fucking gold medals. <_<

LiK

If a team quickly respond by going 6 D.Va it's easy to win, but instead everyone feeds the turrets for an endless cycle of molten cores.

a lot of people dunno how to play her effectively. but yea, she's a great counter to his turrets.

So I've decided to try out Zenyatta because I was getting a bit bored with my usual suspects, and man... he's a lot more fun than I expected. I even got my first Play of the Game with him. 8D
And he's gonna get even better when the patch hits live, yush!

Also sorry Raider1988 for being so bad during our games haha. The second you left I actually got all the fucking gold medals. <_<

I've started playing Zenyatta a bit more too, once he clicks he's a hell of a lot of fun.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Hotfix was deployed last night on PC to fix this. It should be on all PC servers by tonight, console hot fix will hit later if they find no issues on PC.

CM said:
Hey everyone, quick update.

We believe we’ve found the source of the issues with Skill Rating you’re seeing and are in the process of deploying a probable fix on PC. This fix isn’t a guarantee and it may take about a full day before it hits all of our servers, so if you notice improvements within the next 24 hours, please let us know. (If you don't notice improvements, let us know that too.)

Again, this is just for PC only right now.
If we see good results, we can then take steps to deploy the same fix on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Thanks again for all your reports, and for not backing down on this one. We're sorry you needed to be so persistent in the first place, but we're extremely grateful that you stuck with us.

Once the fix is fully deployed on PC, we'll check back in.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745646508?page=26#detail

Chance

That's easier said than done on console when the turrent can aim at you instantly but it takes you a while to acquire your target because you're using a controller. Honestly, the damage output isn't really a problem with Torbjorn, it's everything else.

Kill the turret while it's shooting your team, kill it from behind Rein's shields, etc. You should never be the first one into a room as Mercy anyway.

But yeah I'm always the one who shoots it first as Mercy, it seems.

As someone experiencing Dva stacks in PTR.

You better be glad that there's no hero stacking in ranked.
I'm already abusing the shit out of overtime DVa in control on live. This shit is so obnoxious to deal with, just keep suicide diving the point, eventually you get a team kill and presto.

Yeah it's easier said than done. The Mercy + Junkrat combo isn't going to allow you to stand by and potshot the shield or Dragon Arrow lol.(and if you're roaming around you'll just be turreted to death) Maybe the Double Mei thing would work, but I was playing with randoms so eh &#128529;

As someone experiencing Dva stacks in PTR.

You better be glad that there's no hero stacking in ranked.

Yeah, 6 DVas attacking on Anubis/Hanamura/Volskaya are insane.

Making it so their Ult doesn't kill themselves is only going to add power to that stack.

I've only taking it down once, and it's because i was Zarya, and we happend to have a really good Winston on our team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom