• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Range

Is it possible to hook up a adapter and use a mouse and keyboard to play this? Its be cool for characters like widow to be viable

BadRNG

Man these matches can really go on awhile if evenly matched. Just had a Hanamura match that went like 45m. Epic and fun as hell but draining to be sure, ended up going sudden death and we won on attack with about 15s to spare.

One of our guys got d/c'd and reconnected, I hope he got full XP.

Nimby

Banned
The rank system is so fucked in this game. We absolutely stomp some games but because someone leaves on the other team we get nothing for it. Then we play a close game and lose by a hair, and I get ranked down because we had a full team on both sides. I don't think there's any difference in the rank penalty if someone leaves at the start of the second round, or at the very end.

cyborg009

Banned
Episode 2 of That shit was over at the select screen.

Again this was on PC, competitive play, and the player CREAM decided in the end picking Junkrat was a good idea because one wasn't enough.

E63loBY.png

patchday

Man these matches can really go on awhile if evenly matched. Just had a Hanamura match that went like 45m. Epic and fun as hell but draining to be sure, ended up going sudden death and we won on attack with about 15s to spare.

One of our guys got d/c'd and reconnected, I hope he got full XP.

why does it go so long? :(

I've been avoiding ranked cause if I wanted long drawn out matches I'd have stuck with League of Legends which was made for it from scratch. A 45m long OVerwatch frankly, sounds bloody awful. But since I've never experienced it I can only imagine the horror

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is anyone here a D.Va main? I cant say ive seen one in a hundred games

Apathy

I thought competitive was delayed in consoles

Again this was on PC, competitive play, and the player CREAM decided in the end picking Junkrat was a good idea because one wasn't enough.

On a koth map 2 junket spams can work if at least one of the junks is good.

fhqwhgads

The rank system is so fucked in this game. We absolutely stomp some games but because someone leaves on the other team we get nothing for it. Then we play a close game and lose by a hair, and I get ranked down because we had a full team on both sides. I don't think there's any difference in the rank penalty if someone leaves at the start of the second round, or at the very end.
That's my main grip that I want changing, you shouldn't lose so much rank in an incredibly close game. Really demoralising.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone seen this on PC? I noticed some replays of Soliders dropping me way, WAY too quickly and without missing a shot and am wondering if this is to blame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqXydfeSofY

This will get patched, you can see it on some streams that the spread is absolutely not doing what it should do and the players are clearly not doing a 4 point spread (The first 4 shots are perfectly accurate at all distances)

BadRNG

why does it go so long? :(

I've been avoiding ranked cause if I wanted long drawn out matches I'd have stuck with League of Legends which was made for it from scratch. A 45m long OVerwatch frankly, sounds bloody awful. But since I've never experienced it I can only imagine the horror
If it makes you feel any better, it's a pretty rare occurrence. That was my first attack/defend I've seen go unreasonably long, koth maps can be a pain too but that's because of how close spawns are for both teams. The reason they go long is you can tie repeatedly and then finally get sudden death. Add in overtime shenanigans and they can last what feels like forever. Matches can also go super short though in certain scenarios, like I had a Girb that was super freaking fast since they never got first point and we got it asap. That's an automatic win since we got farther.

I didn't think it was a horror though, it was really fun how close and back and forth it was. I also liked how the comps were changing inbetween rounds for both teams, thinking up counters is where the game really shines imo.

X-Frame

I feel bad about everyone here joining silent games with no communication. Definitely seems to be worse the lower placement you get.

Team Chat set to Auto-Join needs to be the default in Competitive, and if they can't separate the two then make it by default for Quick Play too and force people to opt out or mute individually.

Group Chat should be set to On and Team to Auto-Join for the best of both worlds.

J Range

I get that people want to have good team comps in competitive, but im playing zenyatta dammit. Were not pros, stop telling me nobody uses him. Im using him. Right now. And we won 3 games in a row. And i got a (relatively weak) potg. And i medaled in eliminations.

Death is whimsical today

shiba5

How did I miss this? Will be sure to try and join the next one!

It wasn't planned. We just got matched up that way. It doesn't happen often. I've played against full GAF v GAF teams only twice since Overwatch launched - once on quick play and then last night in competitive. It's even more stressful then normal because if you lose (or say, run a panic double Bastion) you know you'll never live it down. ;)

Edit: Oh, hi Bisquit. /wave

It wasn't planned. We just got matched up that way. It doesn't happen often. I've played against full GAF v GAF teams only twice since Overwatch launched - once on quick play and then last night in competitive. It's even more stressful then normal because if you lose (or say, run a panic double Bastion) you know you'll never live it down. ;)

Edit: Oh, hi Bisquit. /wave

Haha. Yeah everyone was stressed. Reputations are on the line!

Things we're going smoothly for you guys and then we saw the panic in your eyes with the double Bastions setup.

R0ckman

It says in the game that placement starts again each season. Did they change this in an update ir someting? I'm looking at the competetive info section in game right now.

shiba5

Haha. Yeah everyone was stressed. Reputations are on the line!

Things we're going smoothly for you guys and then we saw the panic in your eyes with the double Bastions setup.

Fuck me. I swear someone yelled, "Nooooooo not two!"
But it was too late.

Kito

It says in the game that placement starts again each season. Did they change this in an update ir someting? I'm looking at the competetive info section in game right now.

That's good news to me. Playing with randoms has wrecked my score from 52 to 38. Only doing groups in future seasons.

patchday

She's my go to when there are some torbs or roadhogs that are being annoying.

how do you counter those characters as DVA? I should read a guide on how to play her. I realize she can block incoming fire but she cant fire when her shield is up correct?

Is anyone here a D.Va main? I cant say ive seen one in a hundred games

There's some guy on GAF that's level 100 or something and has played no other character but D.Va. If forget his/her name.

how do you counter those characters as DVA? I should read a guide on how to play her. I realize she can block incoming fire but she cant fire when her shield is up correct?

D.Va can just fly straight up to a turret and wreck it (assuming there's no Molten Core incoming). Wrecks Torbjörn himself too.

Sucks I missed that match. I play with most of those dudes fairly regularly.

I think I want to try out the idea of rolling in Comp with a duo or trio to see how the matches go.

cyborg009

Banned
I thought competitive was delayed in consoles

On a koth map 2 junket spams can work if at least one of the junks is good.

I ended up switching to Lucio to heal the group but in the end we had no tanks and the junk rats couldn't even get into a good position. It was over before it even started.

Kito

I get that people want to have good team comps in competitive, but im playing zenyatta dammit. Were not pros, stop telling me nobody uses him. Im using him. Right now. And we won 3 games in a row. And i got a (relatively weak) potg. And i medaled in eliminations.

Death is whimsical today

Zenyatta and Symmetra both suffer from their support classification. Nobody wants to heal; when you pick Zen/Sym, everyone sees it as an excuse to pick another classification, and then you're asked to change to Mercy/Lucio for better support.

Frostburn

Anyone seen this on PC? I noticed some replays of Soliders dropping me way, WAY too quickly and without missing a shot and am wondering if this is to blame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqXydfeSofY

Ran up against a full team on that same map attacking using Soldier 76 and at least 3 of them were using a macro similar to that. Luckily the game was over pretty quickly because it was ZERO fun going up against 6 of them with at least half being able to headshot at such a high speed/accuracy.

Moonkeis

We had a person leave right at the beginning of the match earlier and we decided to stick it out for a little bit but eventually all backed out after the first round. We had some points deducted from the rank though, is there a certain time frame (before end of a round, etc.)? They really need a have a clearer messenging.

Davidion

I raise you the THREE junkrat game we had on lijiang yesterday. After we lost the garden (can't imagine how), two of them switched off and someone else went junkrat because "it was their turn".

Of course the one that remained started going off on him, which of course led to gold medal measuring contests on top of us losing the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom