• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

That's good news to me. Playing with randoms has wrecked my score from 52 to 38. Only doing groups in future seasons.

know that feel, bro. Luckily, I stopped before I bled into the 30's, but I have a friend that keeps inviting me to duo comp w/ randoms and I'm like DOOOOD! >_<

charpunk

how do you counter those characters as DVA? I should read a guide on how to play her. I realize she can block incoming fire but she cant fire when her shield is up correct?

Fly at it, hit defense matrix, then fire at it when right next to it. Dva can shred a lot of things if close enough and not getting focused down. Only time it fails for me is when the damn torb hits molten core and to torb is right there as well.

TrojanAg

Can't even place in ranked because the servers are going crazy right now. Hope it doesn't fuck over my placement but it's looking like it

Laputa_94

I like the third video where we didn't let you do it again. =p

6eIVMC8.jpg

It still hurts.

Gurrry

So I got this game on PC thinking none of my friends would get it on xbox one.

Sure enough, they are all getting it now.

I want to get this shit as cheap as possible on xb1 since I already own the game on PC. Anyone know a good way to get it cheaper? Any sales going down or anything?

kuppy

I haven't watched twitch streams for like almost two years, but Overwatch and Seagull is something special. Really enjoyable.

Gator86

Why the fuck are my comp teams always full of level 30, unranked people? It's obvious fucking bullshit. The other team is an average level 70, rank 60. It's straight up shit and a laughable attempt at competitive balance. Christ, Blizzard. There's no point in even trying to play those games. We even had a person drop so we were forced to play 5 on 6, but then the asshole decided to twist the knife even more by coming back just before the grace period ends and guaranteeing everyone the loss and rank down.

Competitive was a mistake - it's nothing but trash.

Onemic

Why the fuck are my comp teams always full of level 30, unranked people? It's obvious fucking bullshit. The other team is an average level 70, rank 60. It's straight up shit and a laughable attempt at competitive balance. Christ, Blizzard. There's no point in even trying to play those games. We even had a person drop so we were forced to play 5 on 6, but then the asshole decided to twist the knife even more by coming back just before the grace period ends and guaranteeing everyone the loss and rank down.

I thought you receive a loss regardless if the guy comes back or not. You just dont receive a leaver penalty after the grace period.

Animator

Even if he didn't come back you still get the loss and rank down when you leave. It is absolutely retarded.

Gator86

I thought you receive a loss regardless if the guy comes back or not. You just dont receive a leaver penalty after the grace period.

That's correct, as far as I know. I was hoping to avoid the leaver penalty, but luckily our garbage ass level 30, unranked came back to fuck us over again.

RemiLP

Did my placement matches, and went 5-5. Ended up with rank 48, but one of the wins was koth map. I see myselfe as average, do the rank seems fair.

xaosslug

when someone leaves in comp the remaining team members should receive some extra xp/rank (this would be multiplied depending on how many peeps leave) if they win or something. It would give remaining players incentive to fight for a win/stick around even tho they're men down.

Jesus, winning 2-0 someone on my team decides to leave we still win and I go up about 1/8th of a rank &#128514; Why not keep it normal win and reduced loss for us

Bulk_Rate

Do any of the OW stat tracking websites show how many players are actually online by platform, as with the Battlefield/Battlefront tracking sites? Very interested to see that data.

fhqwhgads

Comp mode is really strengthening the argument to ban hero stacking. I mean it's either that or the anti sentry characters are gonna get buffed to hell.

RemiLP

Suprise by how few people talk in competetive. Had 2 other people talk during the placement matches.

Is it better at higher levels? High 50s and 60s?

Rixxan

I haven't watched twitch streams for like almost two years, but Overwatch and Seagull is something special. Really enjoyable.

my god, just threw it on for a minute

his genji is so fun to watch

like, im a pretty nasty genji, but this dude - woof

Guys how do I stop losing when I play support roles?

During my calibration matches people played the objective and worked with me, and I went 7-3 and calibrated at 50. I peaked at 52, but I haven't won a match in what feels like a few days. At 43 now, and I just lost another one because our Reinhart disconnected.

#Oversalt

Drewfonse

After 57 hrs with Quick Play, and now 6 hrs in Ranked...I think the I'm going back to Quick Play. I just had more fun with it. The length of the matches, the quitters, the rules, they are all turning me off of Ranked.

R0ckman

Yeah I can't see how they can keep everyone the same placement each season its a total circus. Two matches first one the opposite team forced the server to crash, next, everyone on the enemy team quit got basically no rank points. This is almost embarrassing how this shipped out.

fhqwhgads

Guys how do I stop losing when I play support roles?

During my calibration matches people played the objective and worked with me, and I went 7-3 and calibrated at 50. I peaked at 52, but I haven't won a match in what feels like a few days. At 43 now, and I just lost another one because our Reinhart disconnected.

#Oversalt
Unfortunately a support is usually only as good as the team they have. Playing Mercy effectively on a bad team is nigh impossible from how poor they can be at defending you or taking advantage of power boosts. Most of the time your only option is to play Lucio since he's got the best survivability of the supports.

Onemic

That's correct, as far as I know. I was hoping to avoid the leaver penalty, but luckily our garbage ass level 30, unranked came back to fuck us over again.

It really isnt fair that you get a loss when you're forced to play 5v6 considering that they dont replace the player that left the team, almost ensuring you a loss. Almost half my placement matches had a player leave on my team or the other team at some point in the game, which totally killed any competition in the matches.

patchday

Fly at it, hit defense matrix, then fire at it when right next to it. Dva can shred a lot of things if close enough and not getting focused down. Only time it fails for me is when the damn torb hits molten core and to torb is right there as well.

you rock! Thanks will give this a try

TrojanAg

Ranked has a long way to go before it's a viable option over quick match play. There is still next to no communication and individual performance has pretty much zero bearing on your rank which is kind of ridiculous, even for a team based game. You should be getting some credit for how you perform

Unfortunately a support is usually only as good as the team they have. Playing Mercy effectively on a bad team is nigh impossible from how poor they can be at defending you or taking advantage of power boosts. Most of the time your only option is to play Lucio since he's got the best survivability of the supports.

90% of the matches we lack damage output and a healer, so yeah I go Lucio.

There's only so much I can do and I would rather lose playing the team game than lose trying to be the MVP, so I feel like picking support is in the cards for me.

The times I play Mercy all I hear is "I need healing" as they run away from the point or away from me, and then I die with ult up and they die after I do.

Also how many times do I need to call out someone before people typically react to it? I try to watch every entrance and call things out but it's a miracle if people react to it.

I was hoping competitive would be a little less YOLO than quick play, and I know it's probably dunning-Kruger effect at work but I always feel like the other team is a well oiled machine and we're a car with square wheels.

Biltmore

Banned
So I got this game on PC thinking none of my friends would get it on xbox one.

Sure enough, they are all getting it now.

I want to get this shit as cheap as possible on xb1 since I already own the game on PC. Anyone know a good way to get it cheaper? Any sales going down or anything?

Wait about a month (or less) and there will be enough people disgusted with ranked that you'll probably be able to snag a used copy pretty cheap.

You do know it's not his fault he got grouped with you, right? You kinda sound like an ass.

Finished placements, level 52, knowing that is going to be a mad descend from here, I won't play ranked anymore for the season, you can keep your golden guns Blizzard.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Finished placements, level 52, knowing that is going to be a mad descend from here, I won't play ranked anymore for the season, you can keep your golden guns Blizzard.

Have they said whether they are giving away points based on your highest rank of the season or your rank at the end?

chur

Suprise by how few people talk in competetive. Had 2 other people talk during the placement matches.

Is it better at higher levels? High 50s and 60s?
Not really. I've only played one game in which 3 people were talking. Other than that, it's pretty quiet in my experience.

Animator

I just had a competitive match where I had gold eliminations with mercy and I was healing/dmg buffing %90 of the time. Only pulled the pistol out when everyone was dead and I was fighting for my life. How are people so fucking bad at this game. :(

R0ckman

I just had a competitive match where I had gold eliminations with mercy and I was healing/dmg buffing %90 of the time. Only pulled the pistol out when everyone was dead and I was fighting for my life. How are people so fucking bad at this game. :(

They were probably "just trying comp out".

were they placed yet? probably want to be placed so low they can climb up

Zemm

I've been trying out a little experiment. As soon as I join a game I instantly pick Hanzo with the intention of switching to another hero once the game actually starts, but I want to see just how many people pick a 2nd Hanzo, and I can tell you it's 50% after 6 games so far. Almost every game has had people join, hover in the character select and then leave, I'm putting this down to Hanzo already being picked.

What is with this character? Why is he insta lock picked by sooo many people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom