• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

It autojoins for me, dont play in groups much because there are not alot of EU gaffers, all the ones I added have either not accepted or are not online.

add me Zemme#2316

and yeah I've not heard anyone speak since my first placement game, I was like "yeeeeah people speak now, cool" and that was it, not a single voice since. Even in GAF groups ltely I've only ever heard Nooblet.

shiba5

add me Zemme#2316

and yeah I've not heard anyone speak since my first placement game, I was like "yeeeeah people speak now, cool" and that was it, not a single voice since. Even in GAF groups ltely I've only ever heard Nooblet.

That's nuts. Competitive has to be highly coordinated... or you're gonna have a bad time. That must be incredibly frustrating.

Man why the fuck does the winning team get punished if someone on the other team ragequits?

We stop the enemy team at the first capture point and a guy on the other team quits. We cap point 1 and win and we get 5% gains for our efforts as underdogs to stop them at point 1. The fuck is that about?

The worse scenario is when the team that had the leaver, the 5v6 team, manages a win and they STILL get the XP penalty.

ohkay

Solo queue competitive has become just like solo quick play: no one really cooperates, everyone just does their own thing. This makes it especially hard when I have to play support because no one else will.

abundant

ETA: We also had a GAF vs GAF competitive game (PS4) on Gibralter.
GAF won.

That was a fun match. Hope it happens again. I was also surprised to see us make it through your defense that easily. We were horrible of defense until the end, so I had figured you would shut us down.

rSpooky

So it says you can leave the game without penalty when a team member quits. But then I still gives me a penalty..what the hell Blizz :(

Zemm

That's nuts. Competitive has to be highly coordinated... or you're gonna have a bad time. That must be incredibly frustrating.

Not really frustrating but it's obvious when a team is communicating over voice and timing ulti's and stuff and we aren't. I dunno why people don't speak on EU PC, maybe the language barrier? It's so different to TF2 where everyone would be talking and laughing and it was awesome.

Kasei

So it says you can leave the game without penalty when a team member quits. But then I still gives me a penalty..what the hell Blizz :(

I hate to ask the obvious question, but did you wait until the warning timer counted down to 0 before leaving?

Having never left a competitive game, either instigating a leave or leaving early after the timer has expired, I'd like to ask how you know a penalty was given? Do you get an obvious red box somewhere else stating as such?

X-Frame

The worse scenario is when the team that had the leaver, the 5v6 team, manages a win and they STILL get the XP penalty.

This definitely needs to be changed.

Though to keep the 6-person team playing and not give the 5 person team a chance to embarrass them then should they receive some sort of non-skill rating incentive to stay in and not leave? I can't think of anything that may not be abused.

Though if Blizzard changed it so that 1 person leaving doesn't throw up that red banner that it is okay to leave without penalty then they'd stay. Nothing else would exchange except if the 5 person team lost they'd lose less rating, but if they won they'd gain more rating.

duckroll

Did two placements, won both, so its 2 wins 1 loss so far. Felt really bad for the team on the first match because one guy on their team left when we hit checkpoint 1 on Dorado attack, then another 2 left when we hit the second checkpoint, and by the time it was their turn to attack it was just 2 guys left. Fucking inconsiderate jerks. :(

The second match was AMAZING though. Best Mercy player ever. We got steamrolled on Attack in Hollywood. But when we did defend we held them until right at the end, when they came for the big push and wiped us all at the point, and our Mercy escaped behind into the room, came round, and revived us ALL. Save of the game. So it was 0-0, and we won on defense in Sudden Death.

Then I decided to mess around on a Quick Play match, got Ilios, played my worst games ever, just being a terrible dork in general. Somehow we still won the first round. Then I picked Mei for the lolz... contributed jack shit, we lost that round. Then I picked Zarya who I've NEVER played, and got some practice but, yeah... not good. If any of you were in that game, I'm sorry!

Don't do it solo ffs, I'm still mad about yesterday's 1-6 placement run

I'm not crazy. I'm planning my placements so I'm always playing with at least 3 other people I know. :p

Veelk

Banned
Kind of a low-skill player here. I'm at level 18, about 10 hours in, and I've got about a 40% win rate with 80 games. I would need to win the next 4 straight to have it at 50%.

*Checks profile after extended play sessions*

104 games

53 wins

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am officially above average! I've risen hight and now sit comfortably sitting on my 51% wins average! Who wants to be next! I can take on the best players in the world now ahahahahha!

Not really frustrating but it's obvious when a team is communicating over voice and timing ulti's and stuff and we aren't. I dunno why people don't speak on EU PC, maybe the language barrier? It's so different to TF2 where everyone would be talking and laughing and it was awesome.

It happens on NA PC as well. Or at least, people stopped talking for the most part once I dropped below, say, mid-50s. At mid-40s, everyone is silent except for the occasional text chat message. Sometimes I'll even ask if people are on mic and people will answer yes, and then radio silence for the rest of the match anyways. ????????????????

patchday

It happens on NA PC as well. Or at least, people stopped talking for the most part once I dropped below, say, mid-50s. At mid-40s, everyone is silent except for the occasional text chat message. Sometimes I'll even ask if people are on mic and people will answer yes, and then radio silence for the rest of the match anyways. ????????????????

I know I'm generally quiet with randoms unless I have something game specific to mention. That's crazy though they never say anything tho

Did two placements, won both, so its 2 wins 1 loss so far. Felt really bad for the team on the first match because one guy on their team left when we hit checkpoint 1 on Dorado attack, then another 2 left when we hit the second checkpoint, and by the time it was their turn to attack it was just 2 guys left. Fucking inconsiderate jerks. :(

The second match was AMAZING though. Best Mercy player ever. We got steamrolled on Attack in Hollywood. But when we did defend we held them until right at the end, when they came for the big push and wiped us all at the point, and our Mercy escaped behind into the room, came round, and revived us ALL. Save of the game. So it was 0-0, and we won on defense in Sudden Death.

Then I decided to mess around on a Quick Play match, got Ilios, played my worst games ever, just being a terrible dork in general. Somehow we still won the first round. Then I picked Mei for the lolz... contributed jack shit, we lost that round. Then I picked Zarya who I've NEVER played, and got some practice but, yeah... not good. If any of you were in that game, I'm sorry!

I'm not crazy. I'm planning my placements so I'm always playing with at least 3 other people I know. :p

That's a good plan. I like how OW allows people to play together no matter their rank. Most MP games do not allow that. should help foster a good community in ranked

X-Frame

Low/Mid 50's here, I am always on the mic, and when I join a game I always start with, "What's going on Team?" Usually I'll get people switching on their mics immediately and most often there are at least 2 other people chatting which is good enough. I think a lot of people just want to see that their team are dicks when they talk at first.

When it's 4+ others chatting the team becomes OP -- seriously I think my W/L % when more than half the team is chatting is 90%. Communication = OP.

Otherwise, even if nobody else is talking I'll see that there are 2-3 others in the Team Chat channel so I know they can hear me and I will just make callouts. I was basically coordinating my Zarya Ults with a silent Genji who was in the channel but not talking and we synced up each time. He would answer me with the "Understood" command when I would give him updates. Or I'd call out an enemy Mercy or Mei causing trouble to focus fire and half the team would turn to find them, feels good.

Rad-

I did my placements solo. 5-5 and ended up at 50 rank. But yeah I don't recommend it. It's very luck based in solo.

patchday

Btw guys my tag on PC is sandboxgod#1710. Send invite. Have mic. Planning to play both casual / ranked today

Finished my placements 6-4. Placed 53. It was kind of funny because I was lvl 53 at the same time lol.

LOL!

Low/Mid 50's here, I am always on the mic, and when I join a game I always start with, "What's going on Team?" Usually I'll get people switching on their mics immediately and most often there are at least 2 other people chatting which is good enough. I think a lot of people just want to see that their team are dicks when they talk at first.

When it's 4+ others chatting the team becomes OP -- seriously I think my W/L % when more than half the team is chatting is 90%. Communication = OP.

Otherwise, even if nobody else is talking I'll see that there are 2-3 others in the Team Chat channel so I know they can hear me and I will just make callouts. I was basically coordinating my Zarya Ults with a silent Genji who was in the channel but not talking and we synced up each time. He would answer me with the "Understood" command when I would give him updates. Or I'd call out an enemy Mercy or Mei causing trouble to focus fire and half the team would turn to find them, feels good.

good tips. will make sure to apply. I always talked in Rainbow six siege cause I felt it was obviously mandatory (since the dead players in that game can turn the last living guy into Rambo quite literally with all the intel). will get back into that habit

Rad-

Btw now I have seen it all. Earlier had a game where one enemy guy had 100% kill participation. I didn't even know that was possible. Felt bad for him for having such a bad team and gave him a vote for it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a decent run in ranked today. Some good some bad, ah well, I'm trying not take my rank too seriously this time and just play to have fun, man. Took a one day break because I felt myself starting to care too much, which does help me just relax about it.

Got up a rank at least.

Got an awesome pharrah run too. Well. Awesome for me anyway. 51% direct hits at 76. I think I'm getting better at leading which is fun. Even got them to counterpick with soldier which I felt flattered by.

xaosslug

Congrats GraveRobber, worst and laziest OP I ever seen on NeoGAF. Next time let someone else do it. Someone who wants and know how to do it...

lol, harsh. But I will say one of the biggest problems w/ OP's OT is now that the thread OP's linked to is locked you can't 'quote to see' etc. smh

maomaoIYP

I wish there was a way to type messages in ps4. I'd like to tell the numbnut hammering his turret while the payload is unchallenged and less than 1m away to go screw himself.

balohna

I seriously don't understand why people get so heated with this game. Maybe it's because I've only had like 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours, but playing tonight I just couldn't bring myself to get legitimately upset at a video game while the rest of my team was rapidly losing their sanity.

I think this sums up my feelings.

Like, maybe play something else if you're getting that angry? Raging usually only makes you play worse, and at best just makes the rest of the team uncomfortable.

Yeah, I'm generally pretty calm playing OW. Like, I'm trying to win but the game really does not piss me off at all. No point raging, just try to do better if you're losing.

I want to play more Zen :/
But i only get the chance to bring him out in force for payload matches and when we have a Reinhardt.
I love him

Someone on our team DC'd, no one else on our team left and he came back a few minutes later. Ended up winning the game but still only got 1/20th of rank gain. Annoying to say the least.

Chance

I'd love to get into some GAF matches on PS4 at some point if I could. Add me!

PSN: Chance_Splinter
Mic: yes.
NA - central time.

Main: Mercy (89 percentile)
Good: Pharah, Rein, Lucio, Tracer, Symm
Decent: Zarya, Reaper, Junkrat, Widow if it calls for it.

Got 45 out of the placement, and promptly dropped 2 ranks qq

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I want to play more Zen :/
But i only get the chance to bring him out in force for payload matches and when we have a Reinhardt.
I love him

I know what you mean, spamming his strong debuff and quick attacks is great. Last time I played him, i think i killed a Widowmaker twice from a distance. His balls are very accurate lol.

Still, he needs a bit more health or shield, or maybe quicker movement.

abundant

Someone on our team DC'd, no one else on our team left and he came back a few minutes later. Ended up winning the game but still only got 1/20th of rank gain. Annoying to say the least.

What's more annoying is that player who DC'd and rejoined took an automatic loss. This better be a bug, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

I have never seen four randoms chatting in competitive below a certain rank. I have seen other groups do it, though (the group I was playing in joined forces with that group for a while, feel like we dragged them down a bit unfortunately). I imagine it does happen, because I've seen the OPPOSING team coordinate ults and stuff, it just never happens on mine. I've been trying to be more vocal on mic but it seems like a very fine line between "helpful" and "bossy."

I have seen the second thing you mention more, though--people emoting "Understood" and following your lead a bit (though I rarely if ever give orders, only callouts). But then one time, in coinflip attack on Kings' Row, I was calling out things like turrets going down but we lost anyways, and one person on our team was (understandably) miffed that no one got on point except their Winston. So I don't know how often people pay attention to that stuff or not. I also don't know if my callouts were bad, because I actually kind of feel like I lost focus on that round and forgot the time limit was so short.

KyleP29

I wish there was a way to type messages in ps4. I'd like to tell the numbnut hammering his turret while the payload is unchallenged and less than 1m away to go screw himself.

I see that and raise you a torb who on kings cross defense decided to spot the attack 60 meters after we lost point A and set up his turret and defense all the way back past the next check point and along the side ledge by the finish line instead of trying to mount a defense closer to the payload in order to help stop the attack in the hopes of having an easier distance to reach for the win when we attacked.

patchday

lol, harsh. But I will say one of the biggest problems w/ OP's OT is now that the thread OP's linked to is locked you can't 'quote to see' etc. smh

no offense to graverobber but this OT is super rough though. * maybe the worse I've ever seen for any Community OT that I follow

Btw now I have seen it all. Earlier had a game where one enemy guy had 100% kill participation. I didn't even know that was possible. Felt bad for him for having such a bad team and gave him a vote for it.

Could just be a glitch. Tracers sometimes have over 100% kill participation, and Mercy's sometimes have over 100% kill assist participation.

no offense to graverobber but this OT is super rough though. * maybe the worse I've ever seen for any Community OT that I follow

Even the thread title sucks compared to the other suggestions, lol.

abundant

That was probably the most intense set of matches I have done with my Reinhardt. Very good games. I need to make sure to upload my footage of it sometime today.

It was funny how everyone wanted to make sure that the match was being recorded once we realized that we were facing off against another GAF group. Still a little salty about how we lost because of sudden death. If this was held under Stopwatch Rules, we would've won!

Could just be a glitch. Tracers sometimes have over 100% kill participation, and Mercy's sometimes have over 100% kill assist participation.

the thread title isn't OPs original one, don't recall what exactly it was either

exYle

Thread title is brilliant, what are you talking about?

EDIT: Oh, unless you haven't seem Game of Thrones. Then maybe the impact is lost

RemiLP

Haha, first placement on ps4. Attacking on anubis and in my team there are 2 widowmakers and a hanzo :p

Is it ok to leave before the match actually starts without getting a penalty?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That feel when you absolutely hard carry a game

I think this is the first time ever for me, good grief, now I want to play offence forever

Also apparently if someone leaves in a placement game it says you can leave without penalty but you actually lose the placement game.

Because reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom