• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
were they placed yet? probably want to be placed so low they can climb up

From my experience tonight that would be a mean feat,

Edit the level of play is so bad in the 40's Tonight I went up against two torbs on Lijang :D, then had two torbs on my team on Anubis, they never set up the turrets on point B and instead tried to hold off the other team outside the door. Then Dorado I had 2 torbs who at first set up on the spawn doors, then an here or there all over the map, they finally clued up when the other team hit the last room and switched to a mercy and a reaper and we managed to hold them off for 4mins

I'm going to be stuck with this all season

Double edit, my elims tonight are in the top 83%, objective kills 91% and damage 66% playing as soldier and stuck playing in the 30's/40's, kill me

I've been trying out a little experiment. As soon as I join a game I instantly pick Hanzo with the intention of switching to another hero once the game actually starts, but I want to see just how many people pick a 2nd Hanzo, and I can tell you it's 50% after 6 games so far. Almost every game has had people join, hover in the character select and then leave, I'm putting this down to Hanzo already being picked.

What is with this character? Why is he insta lock picked by sooo many people?

:lol I don't get it either. Also why do Hanzos seem to never switch when they should? Like when we are losing on KOTH and you need to make a big push.

Gator86

I've been trying out a little experiment. As soon as I join a game I instantly pick Hanzo with the intention of switching to another hero once the game actually starts, but I want to see just how many people pick a 2nd Hanzo, and I can tell you it's 50% after 6 games so far. Almost every game has had people join, hover in the character select and then leave, I'm putting this down to Hanzo already being picked.

What is with this character? Why is he insta lock picked by sooo many people?

Just tried some quick plays for the first time since comp came out. It's entirely Hanzo/Genji with maybe a Reaper or Tracer thrown out. Those are the characters the cool COD kids want to play, I'd guess. Cool ninjas and an edgelord are obviously the best.

52 am get.

smooth climb continues to be smooth.

playing solo/duo pretty much only btw.

Dammit, why aren't we ever on at the same time anymore? I need more people in the 50s to play with. Started at 53 after placements, moved up to 57, but started solo queuing and got like 4 or 5 sudden deaths in a row last night where we ended up on D and now I'm at 56. When I play with the under 50 GAF crowd, it seems like I have to win at a 65-70% rate just to maintain rank.

Beartruck

I've had nothing but good luck with ranked so far. Outside of the shitfest of placement, I've won 10 out of 12 matches and my rank has soared from 46 to 52. Some of the matches can be really intense sometimes too. It's very satisfying knowing that the enemy barely moved their payload and you can probably easily trounce them.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I feel so lost without broken Widow, I'm a fraud

CmiGG6IXgAAG2nO.jpg

Man competitive on PS4 was pretty decent for the first two days, alas that was just a string of good luck where win or lose the matches were fun.
Had to attack earlier on Volskaya Industries against a trio of torbs and symmetra, so basically turret town, you'd think people in competitive would be aware of how to deal with this by now but noooooooooooooooope.
Sticking to their chosen initial characters like glue including such highlights as a god damn reaper leaping into the middle of point A to try and death blossom molten core torbs while three turrets in a triangle formation are also locked on, did he really think that was going to work?! really?!
The true agony was it led to my first sudden death where we had to attack again straight after and the torb stack remained, team still didn't switch to suitable counters.
VENTVENTVENT!

Basically Toblerone is getting nerfed because people are silly. Can we have a multiple choice quiz that players have to pass before entering this mode?

Egg0

Banned
So who else is waiting for season 2 of comp to jump in? I've only ranked up to 25 a couple days ago, but some of the impressions on here have me scared of the player base on comp (I'm on XB1. I would assume it's the people from QP, but unfiltered.)

So who else is waiting for season 2 of comp to jump in? I've only ranked up to 25 a couple days ago, but some of the impressions on here have me scared of the player base on comp (I'm on XB1. I would assume it's the people from QP, but unfiltered.)

I'll wait for season 2 so they can iron out all the problems with their system in season 1

Went 4-6 in placements and got 52, the hell? I expected like 45 at best lol

Nah, your performance matters more than the W/L. I went 7-3 and only got 50, but I support.

What the fuck? 'You can leave without a penalty but with a loss'

*leave game*
*rank down*

What the hell is the usual penalty then? That's bullshit.

You'd get a 75% EXP loss for a while and possibly a matchmaking ban for a bit.

It still sucks.

Won two games in a row, went Zarya and then Roadhog / Reaper. Sadly one was KotH so it got little MMR.

KyleP29

Man competitive on PS4 was pretty decent for the first two days, alas that was just a string of good luck where win or lose the matches were fun.
Had to attack earlier on Volskaya Industries against a trio of torbs and symmetra, so basically turret town, you'd think people in competitive would be aware of how to deal with this by now but noooooooooooooooope.
Sticking to their chosen initial characters like glue including such highlights as a god damn reaper leaping into the middle of point A to try and death blossom molten core torbs while three turrets in a triangle formation are also locked on, did he really think that was going to work?! really?!
The true agony was it led to my first sudden death where we had to attack again straight after and the torb stack remained, team still didn't switch to suitable counters.
VENTVENTVENT!

Basically Toblerone is getting nerfed because people are silly. Can we have a multiple choice quiz that players have to pass before entering this mode?

I got a nasty message from someone after we defended Volskaya with 2 torbs and they couldn't beat it. I responded telling them to work together with the counters... Our turn to attack and we were met with a triple torb and symetra stack and it was a pretty quick capture as we flanked left on the outside of the map and picked off the torbs as they were desperately banging away at their turrets

Satch

Banned
ive started holding my mouse really weird when playing overwatch

like i only hold it with my fingers instead of putting my palm over it and it makes me aim better

why?

abundant

Nah, your performance matters more than the W/L. I went 7-3 and only got 50, but I support.

I wish that were the case when you finish your placement matches, because losing the same amount of rank no matter how well you did is insane and needs to be fixed in the next season.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
From my very very limited experience Competitive does not seem to be as broken as people are making it out to be. I feel that the Heroes are balanced and there are many counters and situations to various heroes.

Compared to Dota and CS competitive modes it seems more balanced here. The ability to switch heroes is relly nice. Overwatch is still new and the toxicity that exists in Dota2 has not infiltrated it yet.

So far it is a nice experience.

I retract my statement. I just finished my 10 placement matches and got 44. I won 5 and lost 5. On the ones I lost only 2 were legitimate loses. The others I had leavers. I despise the leaver situation as they do not come back and you cannot get a replacement.

You cannot leave the matches since you will suffer a loss anyways when in placement tests. Feel frustrated with the whole experience.

pompidu

Wow seasons is a mess. You get a loss if someone leaves.
if you defend the first point you still get 'defeated'. I don't have any idea how this pos works.

I might regret buying this more than destiny...

Biltmore

Banned
Is there a drunk lady in the background also playing Overwatch in a different match?

(also sorry if you're not actually drunk and you read this)

I don't think she's drunk but she's definitely pissed off. Non stop bitching in her games of Overwatch.

People leaving has been getting better and better, in my experience, especially after getting placed. The only problem I have so far is overtime on CP maps. Almost every control point map goes into overtime with everyone switching into tracer/winston/lucio. Even if one team is clearly better than the other, it can take a while to win with all the stalling.

I got a nasty message from someone after we defended Volskaya with 2 torbs and they couldn't beat it. I responded telling them to work together with the counters... Our turn to attack and we were met with a triple torb and symetra stack and it was a pretty quick capture as we flanked left on the outside of the map and picked off the torbs as they were desperately banging away at their turrets

It's funny because when you counter a Torb stack early it usually leads to an easy win as they scramble to set up again.
Which makes it doubly frustrating when you know how to stop it but no one is willing to just switch to say D.Va or someone else suitable along with you because dammit they gotta Hanzo all day everyday.

Redmoon

ive started holding my mouse really weird when playing overwatch

like i only hold it with my fingers instead of putting my palm over it and it makes me aim better

why?

Thats called claw grip. Could be it better suits you for aiming than palm grip did.

For FPS I find claw to be better for me, but for games like Audiosurf or osu or general pc usage I find palm to be better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gurrry

Alright so I got the xb1 copy today. I have put about 60 hours or more into the PC version.

Holy shit, the difference in using mouse and keyboard vs controller is insane. Everything feels so wrong. I know ill eventually get used to it, but i feel like almost none of my skill from PC is transferring over because the difference is so drastic.

Sometimes I feel like my sensitivity is too low, then other times i feel like its too high and all over the place. Im still hoping I can find that sweet spot and set it to that for good.

rSpooky

I hate to ask the obvious question, but did you wait until the warning timer counted down to 0 before leaving?

Having never left a competitive game, either instigating a leave or leaving early after the timer has expired, I'd like to ask how you know a penalty was given? Do you get an obvious red box somewhere else stating as such?

nope had 30 seconds left.. weird. ah well the next time we had 4 quit so I stayed and suffered through it.

matmanx1

From my experience tonight that would be a mean feat,

Edit the level of play is so bad in the 40's Tonight I went up against two torbs on Lijang :D, then had two torbs on my team on Anubis, they never set up the turrets on point B and instead tried to hold off the other team outside the door. Then Dorado I had 2 torbs who at first set up on the spawn doors, then an here or there all over the map, they finally clued up when the other team hit the last room and switched to a mercy and a reaper and we managed to hold them off for 4mins

I'm going to be stuck with this all season

Double edit, my elims tonight are in the top 83%, objective kills 91% and damage 66% playing as soldier and stuck playing in the 30's/40's, kill me

Finished my ranked matches today and went 4 - 6. I mostly play support but will also tank if no one else steps up. My last 4 matches were all losses mostly because of crappy team composition, which hurts but happens.

Started out rank 44, won 1 match and ranked up to 45. Then my friend invited me to a match and we had the worst teammates, lost and I ranked back down to 44. I'm hoping that isn't going to be indicative of the caliber of play in the 40's.

Do you only get competitive points for a win? Or for a rank up?

RemiLP

I wish that were the case when you finish your placement matches, because losing the same amount of rank no matter how well you did is insane and needs to be fixed in the next season.

That would lead to alot of people whos playing tdm with a high rank. That would be horrible.

If you do really well over time, your rank will go up.

Finished my ranked matches today and went 4 - 6. I mostly play support but will also tank if no one else steps up. My last 4 matches were all losses mostly because of crappy team composition, which hurts but happens.

Started out rank 44, won 1 match and ranked up to 45. Then my friend invited me to a match and we had the worst teammates, lost and I ranked back down to 44. I'm hoping that isn't going to be indicative of the caliber of play in the 40's.

Do you only get competitive points for a win? Or for a rank up?
A win. It's gonna take a couple of wins to level up in rank most times.

Jayhawk

48/300 towards a golden weapon and I can't even decide which one I want to buy. I try for about 6-7 competitive wins a night, to get the 300 before the season is over.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just a thought but I think a simple way to "fix" D.Va would be to switch her armor to shields. Thoughts?

LAM09

I need to stop going solo on either mode and just play with a group, as I'm getting paired with worse players each day. Had a Winston hide at the side of the second point on attack in Hanamura and just waited for his ult. I questioned him and he said, "I'm not exploring, too many enemies". Can't deal with incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom