• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

I have a few things running on my pc right now but I'm not getting a huge boost in fps, is it even worth it? I get 70 on desktop and about 75 with the fps limiter turned off.
The good thing is that I can have vsynch turned off, is it borderless full window that's preventing tearing?

yeah borderless windows prevents tearing. I have FPS limited to my desktop value (70) since I barely get more too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What was the change to hitboxes exactly? Apparently I missed it.

Hell yes!

And Zenyatta is one of my favorite characters...but he's clearly been a bit lacking in the past. Hopefully this buff makes him substantially more viable.

Overly viable, honestly.

Grief.exe

Phara is going to move down the meta with Ana and the buff to Mcree being so viable now. Ana save her sleep dart for an ultimate, or Mcree will two shot her out of the air at any distance.

And Zenyatta is one of my favorite characters...but he's clearly been a bit lacking in the past. Hopefully this buff makes him substantially more viable.

Zen is looking to be the new meta.

Pooya

the problem with zen is that now winston can't kill him, he loses in 1v1. I'm worried about winston with these changes. Winston is supposed to counter squishy heroes in the back lines and snipers like zen, d.va now is better at that in every way since you can aim and you are far harder to kill.

Thank you very much for providing the links for me. It's much appreciated. It looks like a good change!

Hmm...so you believe he might be moving into overpowered territory now?

may have survivability if there's lucio around.

time to fix his main fire into like zarya or buff it.

Grief.exe

What makes the two of you say that?

They buffed his health and buffed his orb uptime. He always did tons of damage and was a fairly capable healer, but now his orbs stay with whoever you put them on for longer when they go out of LOS on top of your sustainability and health going up.

Getting sick of playing with teammates who are too afraid to die.

Happened today in Hanamura. I was using Winston and I leaped in to the first objective, got rid of the turret and used my ult to disrupt the enemy team. Once I died I see all my teammates still shooting near the gate not pushing forward at all when that was their best chance. I died in vain. :(

Yeah it's so dumb and I even see players that are high level that should know better doing it.

Had a Hanzo and Widow stay up top doing fuckall earlier when we could of kept the enemy team off the first point if they would've just stalled it until the rest of the team got back. There was 10 seconds left. All that work for nothing.

Or how how bout when you say ultimate is ready, group up and people just stay back potshotting, giving the other team a chance to regroup. It's like do you want to win or not? smh The worst is the tepid Reapers shooting their shotguns from long distance.

Antiwhippy

Hard to tell if it's overpowered because PTR is such messed up place to test things out as fun as the chaos is (like, new metas probably won't revolve having 3 anas in your team :p). But yeah, being able to keep discord on a character longer due to LoS changes and zen just being out in the battlefield longer, and with the 50% damage boost mercy has (which thankfully will be gone soon) means that your team can just melt anyone deemed a problem.

ramyeon

the problem with zen is that now winston can't kill him, he loses in 1v1. I'm worried about winston with these changes. Winston is supposed to counter squishy heroes in the back lines and snipers like zen, d.va now is better at that in every way since you can aim and you are far harder to kill.
The changes are not final. The devs said in yesterday's stream that they always tend to lean towards making more extreme changes at first in PTR to see how far they can buff a character before it becomes an issue. There will likely be adjustments before it reaches live.

Anne

Yeah current PTR Zenyatta is ridiculously good. Expect him to be slightly toned down before release.

He's so good I don't even take Reaper to tank bust over him lol

Apathy

the leavers in comp are a disease

its literally a waste of time

like the fix is simple, 3 leaves you're ban for the season. games with leavers the winning team gets full points and that's it.

Like sorry if you don't have stable internet, sorry tough shit, you shouldn't be ruining 5 other people's rank

SDCowboy

Ok, something needs to be done with players leaving. Either stop the match after after the first round (if they leave then), or allow a forfeit vote, or something. Or, IDK, maybe let a new player in if someone leaves? Something needs to be done because playing a match shorthanded is a complete waste of time.

Ramirez

Is it me or are people in quick play dumber than ever?

People are probably using it as a way to practice characters now. I picked Genji earlier in a QP despite there already being one. I don't care if I win or lose a QP, I'm just practicing, lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So here's my question. I've put a lot of time with every character in this game. Every character is fun in their own way. Either they have some fun abilities, they've got flourish to them, they're fast or they do a ton of damage or they're a nuisance. Except one.
Perso_Reinhardt.jpg

This fucker is so god damn boring to me. Bastion has his moments of glory but I feel like the only time Reinhardt is any fun is when your team is winning. And he is basically a required pick in ideal situations. He's the only character in the game that I feel like exists so other people can have fun. His charge feels so inconsistent, he's so slow, he's babysitting harder than Mercy and Lucio combined with his shield, he's a walking right mouse button with the occasional e or shift. And his charge feels like the most inconsistent thing in the game. Even more than Roadhog's hook. And playing him in solo queue is a complete fucking nightmare.

Are there people that love playing Reinhardt above all others? Does that exist? Even ulting everyone is followed up by sluggish hammer hits that don't feel satisfying at all. Like he is legit the only hero that I feel like I have to play him for other people to have fun.

the leavers in comp are a disease

its literally a waste of time

I'm telling ya. I had the worst luck in my placement matches. I lost 3 games in a row at one point due to leavers in the middle of the first round. There were 2 other matches where people left when we were winning lol. Idk if they got disconnected or what, but I got so screwed in my placement matches.

Made some good progress today(gained 6 levels), but I wish the competive rank system was better. At least they're finally fixing the leaver win penalty because those meager gains suck so much after a hard fought match. So unfair that the enemy team can just troll you like that at the end.

Apathy

Is it me or are people in quick play dumber than ever?

No its people being stupider. It's like if they all drank chlorine when they were 4 but not enough to finish the job. Having hanzo's that the whole game during a koth match never once touched the point. not to cap, not to stop the back cap, not even to cause overtime. zero time on it.

wish there was just a tdm mode so these idiots could go there, one giant map with nothing on it but one spawn on one side, one on the other and free space in the middle so these idiots can go be bad there

Antiwhippy

I like playing him, but only if it's with teammates that actually know what he's there for.

It feels nice to feel like you're leading the charge. A lot of it is about finding the right positioning to break a defense open.

Animator

People are still trying to get the patch notes but looks like the current changes are:

-Ana gets 8 bullets instead of 6, her ult takes longer to charge.

-Removed some bushes on Hollywood point a.

-People are saying Zen discord orb does less dmg, like %30 instead of %50.

Anne

Discord orb is still 50% boost. His base orb damage is lowered to 40 from 45. Makes it so he takes 4 orbs to kill a 200 health character with discord when before it took 3.

Prelude.

Are there people that love playing Reinhardt above all others? Does that exist? Even ulting everyone is followed up by sluggish hammer hits that don't feel satisfying at all. Like he is legit the only hero that I feel like I have to play him for other people to have fun.
You're supposed to be a little proactive with him, you're not just a walking shield. He can be surprisingly good when you see an opportunity. People usually assume you're just gonna stand there holding the point or whatever but you can quickly jump in and make a mess of the other team or dance around the payload. If there's one character that's boring to play it's Bastion, since he's at its best when he's stuck to the ground.

Animator

Apparently Ana is now saying "You are powered up, get in there" when you use her ult instead of whatever she was saying before.

ramyeon

So here's my question. I've put a lot of time with every character in this game. Every character is fun in their own way. Either they have some fun abilities, they've got flourish to them, they're fast or they do a ton of damage or they're a nuisance. Except one.
Perso_Reinhardt.jpg

This fucker is so god damn boring to me. Bastion has his moments of glory but I feel like the only time Reinhardt is any fun is when your team is winning. And he is basically a required pick in ideal situations. He's the only character in the game that I feel like exists so other people can have fun. His charge feels so inconsistent, he's so slow, he's babysitting harder than Mercy and Lucio combined with his shield, he's a walking right mouse button with the occasional e or shift. And his charge feels like the most inconsistent thing in the game. Even more than Roadhog's hook. And playing him in solo queue is a complete fucking nightmare.

Aggressive and more proactive Reinhardts can do massive damage and work really well as long as they're not completely abandoning their post.

Charging the second point of a capture map while the enemy is still in the middle of setting up defences is extremely satisfying, too.

Prelude.

Apparently Ana is now saying "You are powered up, get in there" when you use her ult instead of whatever she was saying before.
It's probably random. Even the other characters that speak in their native language sometimes say the same phrase in english.

FoxSpirit

Yeah current PTR Zenyatta is ridiculously good. Expect him to be slightly toned down before release.

He's so good I don't even take Reaper to tank bust over him lol
I don't get it. He has the same DPS as before, the only difference is the orb triggers a smidgen earlier. But in using discord for himself that was never the issue. The only thing is he has 50 more HP.

Personally I was fine with old Zen, but I'd have liked for his Orbs to stay on a bit more than 3 seconds.

Grief.exe

I don't get it. He has the same DPS as before, the only difference is the orb triggers a smidgen earlier. But in using discord for himself that was never the issue. The only thing is he has 50 more HP.

Personally I was fine with old Zen, but I'd have liked for his Orbs to stay on a bit more than 3 seconds.

Doesn't the orb also last longer when players go out of LOS?

She says that when she's on your team. The other team hears "show them your strength" in arabic.

EDIT: ah okay, playing as ana and doing that ult gives you that voice line instead of the arabic one now.

SDCowboy

Ok, something needs to be done with players leaving. Either stop the match after after the first round (if they leave then), or allow a forfeit vote, or something. Or, IDK, maybe let a new player in if someone leaves? Something needs to be done because playing a match shorthanded is a complete waste of time.

Just as I say this, we wont a match that was 5v6 at the end. :p

Jiraiza

Discord orb is still 50% boost. His base orb damage is lowered to 40 from 45. Makes it so he takes 4 orbs to kill a 200 health character with discord when before it took 3.

How conflicting. I wouldn't mind staying at 150 HP if it meant not nerfing his DEEPS.

Antiwhippy

Well look at it this. The more zen stays on the battlefield = the more potential damage there is. If discord is only isolated to zen attacks then it's fine, but having a team focus down on discorded enemies makes it super strong.

Anne

The fact he can 2-3 shot anything that jumps on him after health buff means a whole lot. I said before his survivability was still ass but the 50 shields is enough to let him outduel people.

I like that discord is still good with the 5 damage drop off stopping him from kill people 1-2 orbs sooner without headshots.

SDCowboy

Does Blizzard hate me or something. I am level 33 right now and haven't gotten a single legendary drop and two purple drops. Pretty mad rn

I was actually wondering if they changed the drop rate. Yesterday I got two legendaries in three boxes. :p But yeah, before that, I was rarely seeing any yellow drops.

I was actually wondering if they changed the drop rate. Yesterday I got two legendaries in three boxes. :p But yeah, before that, I was rarely seeing any yellow drops.
:|

Same deal with my friends too. Really frustrating. Im not getting any credits or duplicates either to save up for just one legendary. I'm just getting sprays...sigh

So I've been running into this weird issue in my game, and I guess I'm asking if anyone else has encountered it and if so, what their fix was?

When playing a characters with one than more weapon (Mercy, Torbjörn), whenever I try to change weapons while moving, the game immediately switches me back to the weapon I was holding (doesn't matter if it's the 1 or 2 weapon). I have to stay completely still for a few moments and mash the 1/2 button to swap over to the other weapon. Sometimes it will work immediately, but sometimes it really takes me like 3 or so seconds to properly switch from blaster to staff/hammer to gun or vice versa. It's really infuriating and makes defending myself as Mercy or maintaining turrets while also shooting people as dwarf really difficult.

Anyone else had this problem?

Looks like they nerfed zenyatta orb damage from 45 to 40 with latest ptr patch.

Ana also has 8 shots instead of 6. Haven't tried anything else out yet.

Edit: I guess his right click orbs do 40 now as well according to some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom